|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raoul think took Christine at first?
(b) His brother.
(d) The managers.
2. Why does Erik know the opera so well?
(a) The Persian showed him everything.
(b) He was born there.
(c) He helped build it.
(d) He has magical powers.
3. What does the torture chamber first turn into?
(a) An oasis.
(b) A desert.
(c) A forest.
(d) A barrel.
4. What time does the ghost take the money?
(a) 11:30 p.m.
(b) 11:30 a.m.
5. Why can’t Christine help?
(a) She is too scared.
(b) She is bound up.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She doesn’t hear them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mauclair normally do?
2. Where is the entrance to Erik’s house?
3. What did the Persian do for Erik?
4. What does Raoul want her to turn?
5. What does Moncharmin ask for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the managers decide to trick the ghost, in return?
2. What happened to Philippe?
3. What is the Persian afraid of when Raoul instructs Christine to turn the scorpion?
4. What is the end result of the managers’ plan?
5. How does Raoul try to get to Christine?
6. What are some precautions that the managers take with their plan?
7. What makes Erik angry in this scene?
8. What is Raoul’s reaction to Mifroid’s statements?
9. How is the forest created?
10. What is beneath the torture chamber?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)