|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the real bank notes?
(a) They went out the window.
(b) Richard embezzled them.
(c) The ghost got them.
(d) Madame Giry embezzled them.
2. Who is at the organ when they check?
(a) Everyone gathers there.
3. Why did they need a safety pin?
(a) To hold their socks up.
(b) To keep the notes in the pocket.
(c) To draw a drop of blood.
(d) To fix Richard’s jacket.
4. Why does Erik initially let Christine go?
(a) Because he is angry with her.
(b) To set her free.
(c) To let her sing.
(d) To prove that she loves him.
5. Where has the ghost been taking the money from?
(a) Moncharmin’s pocket.
(b) The box itself.
(c) Madame Giry’s pocket.
(d) Richard’s pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the commissary tell Raoul that Christine is going?
2. What does the torture chamber first turn into?
3. What is the lasso made out of?
4. Who did Moncharmin think was the ghost, in the end?
5. How was the corpse of Erik recognized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is beneath the torture chamber?
2. What does Mifroid think of Raoul’s statements?
3. How does the ghost trick the managers about his payment?
4. What is the end result of the managers’ plan?
5. What happened to Christine and Raoul?
6. What is the Persian afraid of when Raoul instructs Christine to turn the scorpion?
7. Why does Erik set Christine free?
8. How do the Persian and Raoul get into the cellars?
9. What did the Persian tell Erik to do?
10. What is Raoul’s reaction to Mifroid’s statements?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)