|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the former managers of the opera?
(a) It had none.
(b) Moncharmin and Richard.
(c) Debienne and Poligny.
(d) The Count and Viscount de Chagny.
2. What happened to Raoul?
(a) He married La Sorelli.
(b) He became a famous opera patron.
(c) He was kidnapped.
(d) He disappeared.
3. Where will Raoul go soon?
(a) On a Polar expedition.
(b) To train as a pilot.
(c) With the army.
(d) To Alaska.
4. What happened to Christine?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She became a long-running opera star.
(c) She became a famous writer.
(d) She ran away.
5. What do the new managers decide to do?
(a) Decrease the ghost’s allowance.
(b) Give the ghost his box.
(c) Increase the ghost’s allowance.
(d) Sell the ghost’s box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time will Raoul fetch her?
2. Whose dressing room do the girls from the corps de ballet enter?
3. Which girl is most convinced she saw the ghost?
4. What does the narrator think that he has proven?
5. How does Raoul dress to meet Christine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the point of the metaphor that Leroux uses about life in Paris?
2. Why will the managers attend a performance in that box?
3. Describe Christine’s relationship with her father.
4. Who, or what, follows Raoul and Christine to the roof?
5. Why does the stable-master want to sack his staff?
6. Who are Professor and Madame Valerius?
7. Why does Raoul get angry with Christine in the box?
8. Describe the Phantom’s music.
9. What is suspicious about the man’s voice in her dressing room?
10. What do the managers tell Raoul Christine has taken?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)