|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Christine disappear for?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What happened to Count Philippe?
(a) He was kidnapped.
(b) He died.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He became a famous opera patron.
3. What does Christine show Raoul in Chapter 11?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) The tour of the opera.
(c) The area around the opera.
(d) The cellar.
4. Who dies in Chapter 7?
(a) Joseph Buquet.
(b) Richard’s concierge.
(c) The Count de Chagny.
(d) Several people.
5. What does the ghost’s letter declare?
(a) He is giving up.
(b) A certain curse on the directors and their children.
(c) His love for Christine.
(d) He thinks it is war, now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Phantom been working on for twenty years?
2. What disaster occurs in Chapter 7?
3. How old is the Viscount?
4. What does Raoul know that surprises Christine?
5. What does Richard want to do with the ghost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is suspicious about the man’s voice in her dressing room?
2. What is strange about the narration in the prologue?
3. What is Christine’s plan to escape?
4. What season is it ? How do we know?
5. Describe the Phantom’s music.
6. Why does Carlotta invite her admirers to the performance?
7. What happens to the stage and the décor when the managers go to the box?
8. What does the Persian think that the ghost is doing?
9. What is the point of the metaphor that Leroux uses about life in Paris?
10. Who, or what, follows Raoul and Christine to the roof?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)