|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did she lose it?
(a) On the roof.
(b) On stage.
(c) In the cellars.
(d) At Madame Valerius’s house.
2. What did Christine lose?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A key.
(c) A ring.
(d) A trinket.
3. Who follows Christine and Raoul to the roof?
(b) Madame Giry.
(c) A voice.
(d) A shadow.
4. What does Raoul know that surprises Christine?
(a) How old the ghost is.
(b) Madame Valerius.
(c) The ghost’s name.
(d) Her father’s profession.
5. What happened to Christine?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She became a famous writer.
(c) She became a long-running opera star.
(d) She was kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Raoul at the church?
2. What night did Erik first abduct Christine?
3. Whose place does Christine take in the opera?
4. What is the manager’s decision?
5. Who disappears when Raoul starts to sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the stable-master want to sack his staff?
2. What happens to the stage and the décor when the managers go to the box?
3. What does the General ask Laroux to do?
4. How do the new managers react to rumors of the ghost?
5. What happens to Christine after she sings?
6. What does the Persian think that the ghost is doing?
7. Why will the managers attend a performance in that box?
8. What has Erik mastered in the opera house to allow him to spy?
9. Why are the managers to blame for the chandelier, according to the inquest?
10. Why are Debienne and Poligny leaving?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)