|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost wear at the Masked Ball?
(a) A multi-colored outfit.
(b) All white.
(c) All red.
(d) All black.
2. What opera does Christine perform in that evening?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Don Juan.
3. What is Joseph Buquet’s job?
(a) He is a scene-shifter.
(b) He is the stage manager.
(c) He is the ballet-master.
(d) He runs the organ.
4. What does Raoul think he is shooting at?
(a) His brother.
(c) A cat.
5. What night did Erik first abduct Christine?
(a) She always went willingly.
(b) The night the chandelier fell.
(c) The night Raoul first came to the opera.
(d) The evening the new managers took control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine do in her dressing room?
2. How long has Christine been seeing the Angel?
3. What does Christine say to herself in her dressing room?
4. Where does Raoul say Christine knows him from?
5. What does Christine’s letter say to Raoul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlotta invite her admirers to the performance?
2. What happens when the new managers try to sell the box?
3. What has Erik mastered in the opera house to allow him to spy?
4. Why does the stable-master want to sack his staff?
5. What does the General ask Laroux to do?
6. What is strange about the narration in the prologue?
7. What is the point of the metaphor that Leroux uses about life in Paris?
8. What does the Persian think that the ghost is doing?
9. Why are Debienne and Poligny leaving?
10. What is suspicious about the man’s voice in her dressing room?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)