|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Raoul think they’ve been searching?
(b) A few days.
(c) A few minutes.
2. How do the men know Erik has found them?
(a) He turns off the light.
(b) He sees them.
(c) He gives them a tree.
(d) He turns on the light.
3. How does Philippe feel about Raoul’s engagement?
4. Who arrives to help find Christine?
(b) Madame Giry.
(d) The police commissary.
5. Where does the commissary tell Raoul that Christine is going?
(a) To Brittany.
(b) To Brussels.
(c) Back to Sweden.
(d) To the other side of Paris.
6. What will happen if Christine accepts Erik?
(a) She will sing his opera.
(b) She will marry him.
(c) She will die.
(d) She will become his mistress.
7. Who did Richard think was the ghost, in the end?
8. Why does Erik deny that he did anything to the chandelier?
(a) Because he was otherwise occupied.
(b) Because he doesn’t condone murder.
(c) Because Christine told him not to.
(d) Because he is virtuous now.
9. How did Erik get the money from the managers?
(a) Through Madame Giry.
(b) From his box.
(c) Via a trap door.
(d) By asking for it.
10. What notes were in Richard’s pocket?
(a) 10,000 counterfeit Francs.
(b) 10,000 real Francs.
(c) 20,000 real Francs.
(d) 20,000 counterfeit Francs.
11. What bank do the counterfeit notes come?
(a) The Bank of St. Farce.
(b) The Bank of St. Joker.
(c) The Counterfeit Bank.
(d) The Bank of St. Fraud.
12. What happens if Christine turns the grasshopper?
(a) The building will explode.
(b) She alone will die.
(c) She will marry Erik.
(d) The men in the chamber alone will die.
13. What does the Persian’s servant give them?
14. What does the torture chamber first turn into?
(a) An oasis.
(b) A desert.
(c) A forest.
(d) A barrel.
15. How does Raoul tell the time?
(a) He tells it by the sun.
(b) Erik tells them.
(c) The Persian knows.
(d) He breaks open his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of forest are they in?
2. How does the Persian get them past the mirror?
3. Who does Christine say is in the torture chamber?
4. What does Raoul say that bothers the Persian?
5. What is the shape of the torture chamber?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)