|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queenie say Forest Ann and her affair partner deserve?
2. Who does Rita warn Queenie not to trust?
3. Who does Rita think the attacker might be?
4. What makes Queenie feel better after her attack?
5. What does Mr. Eagle berate Rita for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might San have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)