|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zepha very talented at?
2. What does Rita learn during the book according to the narrator?
3. Who interrupts Lizzy when she tries to buy something from Zepha?
4. What is the name of Rita's husband?
5. What does Rita drink at the cafe after the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the last thing did Ben do to anger the women in the Persian Pickle Club?
2. Where did The Persian Pickle Club get its name?
3. How did Blue know to come and help Queenie when she was attacked?
4. How does Queenie think Ben's body could have gotten to the field without a car?
5. What honor is Queenie given in the making of the Celebrity Quilt?
6. What does Rita send for Queenie's new son, and what do the Pickles say about this?
7. Who was really paying the mortgage on Ben's farm, and why?
8. What does Rita make plans to do after Ben Crook's funeral?
9. What happened to Queenie's rhubarb pie?
10. How is Ben Crook's body found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)