|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jam does Agnes like to make?
2. Which of the club members is described as soft spoken by the narrator?
3. Why does Queenie's husband let a family camp on their land?
4. Who tells the Club about Mr. Crook's body being found?
5. Who is Velma's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Judd propose the secret of Velma's baby be hidden?
2. Why are the Pickles called on to help Tyrone?
3. How did Queenie's best friend betray her?
4. Why does Forest Ann rush home from the meeting at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Rita make plans to do after Ben Crook's funeral?
6. What does Rita send for Queenie's new son, and what do the Pickles say about this?
7. Why does Queenie not want to house the Massies when she first learns of them?
8. Why does Rita tell Mrs. Judd that she is the best one to be conducting the investigation about Ben's death?
9. Why does the Club hesitate to help the Reverend in the way he asks?
10. How does Queenie think Ben's body could have gotten to the field without a car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who in this book was searching for revenge, and how did their quest for this change their actions and the actions of others.
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)