|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should Velma not stay with her gentleman friend?
2. What does Rita write about in her first article?
3. What is the name of Rita's husband?
4. What do the women of the Club do when they meet?
5. Why does Rita think the killer had a car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the last thing did Ben do to anger the women in the Persian Pickle Club?
2. What does Grover say about Ben Crook after his funeral?
3. How does Mrs. Judd propose the secret of Velma's baby be hidden?
4. What does Queenie say this book is about at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Rita suspect the Judds in Ben's death?
6. What directions does Mrs. Judd give when it Ben Crook's body is found?
7. Why does the Club hesitate to help the Reverend in the way he asks?
8. How does Queenie think Ben's body could have gotten to the field without a car?
9. What does Queenie notice about Rita while the true story of Ben's death is being told to her?
10. How is Ella different from the other members of the Club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
How do the members of the Persian Pickle Club walk the lines of ethical actions, and what motivates them in these actions?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)