|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita know little about on her first meeting with the Club?
2. What is surprising about the pie served when Rita comes to dinner?
3. How is Ada June described by the narrator?
4. Who tries to keep Rita from talking to Ella in her investigation?
5. What is Queenie's husband's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Queenie agreed to help Rita with her investigation?
2. What does Queenie see Velma doing at the cafe?
3. What makes Queenie feel better after her attack?
4. What does Grover say about Ben Crook after his funeral?
5. How does Queenie describe the members of the Club at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Queenie think about while helping Rita cope with losing her baby?
7. Why does the Club hesitate to help the Reverend in the way he asks?
8. How is Ella different from the other members of the Club?
9. Why does Queenie say she supports Forest Ann in her affair with Dr. Sipes?
10. What happened to Queenie's rhubarb pie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this play. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)