|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the club members is described as soft spoken by the narrator?
2. How does the Club raise money?
3. How does Queenie help most in Rita's investigation?
4. What is Queenie's last name?
5. What does Rita write about in her first article?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rita say about reporters before she begins her investigation, and what is Queenie's response to this?
2. What message of friendship does Zepha leave for Queenie?
3. Who was really paying the mortgage on Ben's farm, and why?
4. What does Rita make plans to do after Ben Crook's funeral?
5. What does Queenie think about while helping Rita cope with losing her baby?
6. Why does Rita suspect the Judds in Ben's death?
7. Why does Rita think Prosper Judd was paying the mortgage on the Crook farm?
8. Why does Queenie say she supports Forest Ann in her affair with Dr. Sipes?
9. Why does Queenie not want to house the Massies when she first learns of them?
10. What was the last thing did Ben do to anger the women in the Persian Pickle Club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)