|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should Velma not stay with her gentleman friend?
2. How does Queenie feel when she hears what Rita plans to do with her baby when she goes to work?
3. Who tells the Club about Mr. Crook's body being found?
4. What mistake did Rita make in her first article?
5. Who defends Hiawatha when Rita thinks he might be the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Forest Ann rush home from the meeting at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Lizzy ask of Zepha, and how does Zepha respond?
3. How did Queenie's best friend betray her?
4. Who does the Sheriff think the man is who attacked Queenie?
5. Why does Rita think Prosper Judd was paying the mortgage on the Crook farm?
6. What is Rita's plan after her baby is born?
7. How does Queenie describe the members of the Club at the beginning of the book?
8. Why does Queenie not want to house the Massies when she first learns of them?
9. Why does Queenie think Rita invites Ella to help with Tyrone?
10. What does Velma ask of Queenie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Queenie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
How do the members of the Persian Pickle Club walk the lines of ethical actions, and what motivates them in these actions?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)