|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ella staying after her husband's body was found?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Queenie's house.
(d) The Judds.
2. What does Ella tell Rita when she is interviewed?
(a) She wants the truth to get out.
(b) She is afraid to tell the real truth.
(c) She is too weak to talk.
(d) She knows nothing.
3. Who is the married man Forest Ann meets with?
(a) Dr. Sipes.
(b) Mr. Tillworth.
(c) Professor Agnew.
(d) Reverend Plath.
4. What does Mrs. Judd ask Queenie for after Rita's investigation at her house?
(a) A rhubarb pie.
(b) A private meeting.
(c) Some needles.
(d) A scrap of fabric.
5. What does the narrator say the story is about?
(a) The charitable efforts of the Club.
(b) The town overcoming the Depression.
(c) Forest Ann's affair.
(d) Rita moving to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Grover when Rita lost her baby?
2. Where was Ella's husband's body found?
3. Why does Rita say she is the best person to write the article about Ben's death?
4. What does Queenie want to avoid for Ella when the investigation begin?
5. What does Queenie long for, but can never have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grover think happened to Queenie's rhubarb pie?
2. What does Rita say about reporters before she begins her investigation, and what is Queenie's response to this?
3. What does Grover say about Ben Crook after his funeral?
4. What does Lizzy ask of Zepha, and how does Zepha respond?
5. What does Queenie think about while helping Rita cope with losing her baby?
6. How does Queenie want to raise money for unwed mothers?
7. How is Ella different from the other members of the Club?
8. What does Queenie see Velma doing at the cafe?
9. Why does the Club hesitate to help the Reverend in the way he asks?
10. What convinces Queenie to let the Massies stay on her property, and why?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)