|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Queenie get the rhubarb for the pie she makes when Rita comes to dinner?
(a) Her garden.
(b) It is a secret.
(c) The market.
(d) A wild bush.
2. What does Queenie call Lizzy Olive?
(a) A bad soul.
(b) A busybody.
(c) A lazy bum.
(d) A gossip.
3. What does Queenie long for, but can never have?
(a) A new husband.
(b) An orchard.
(c) A sister.
(d) A baby.
4. Who finds Mr. Crook's body?
5. How long does Rita's baby live?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Persian Pickle Club named for?
2. Which of the club members is described as soft spoken by the narrator?
3. What does Grover compliment Queenie for after Rita comes to dinner?
4. What does Rita know little about on her first meeting with the Club?
5. What is the first name of Mr. Judd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grover say about Ben Crook after his funeral?
2. How does Ella feel while helping Tyrone, and why?
3. What is A Road to California, and what is special about it?
4. How did the Massies come to ask Grover for a place to stay?
5. How did Queenie's best friend betray her?
6. Why does Queenie think Rita invites Ella to help with Tyrone?
7. How is Velma's pregnancy revealed to the Pickles?
8. What does Rita send for Queenie's new son, and what do the Pickles say about this?
9. How is Ben Crook's body found?
10. Why are the Pickles called on to help Tyrone?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)