|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is A Road to California?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A book.
(c) A poem.
(d) A painting.
2. Who interrupts Lizzy when she tries to buy something from Zepha?
3. What does Rita say about reporters when she begins her investigation?
(a) They are low on morals.
(b) They don't have friends.
(c) They know the truth.
(d) They are alone.
4. Which of the club members is described as soft spoken by the narrator?
(d) Forest Ann.
5. How is Ada June described by the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rita move to the country?
2. Where does Rita hope to work after having her baby?
3. What is the first name of Mr. Judd?
4. What is Queenie's last name?
5. Where does Rita go first to start her investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Queenie's rhubarb pie?
2. What is A Road to California, and what is special about it?
3. Why are the Pickles called on to help Tyrone?
4. Why did the Massies choose to leave when they did?
5. What does Queenie notice about Rita while the true story of Ben's death is being told to her?
6. How did the Massies come to ask Grover for a place to stay?
7. Who does the Sheriff think the man is who attacked Queenie?
8. What happened to the Celebrity Quilt?
9. Why does Queenie say she supports Forest Ann in her affair with Dr. Sipes?
10. Who was really paying the mortgage on Ben's farm, and why?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)