|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rita's husband?
2. Where does Prosper go when Queenie stops talking with Ella?
(a) The barn.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bar.
(d) The field.
3. How does Queenie go about getting signatures for the Celebrity Quilt?
(a) She hangs around hotels.
(b) She asks store owners.
(c) She sends letters.
(d) She visits doors.
4. Why does Queenie's husband let a family camp on their land?
(a) They paid them.
(b) They are family.
(c) They are in poverty.
(d) They look dangerous.
5. Who does Rita want to help her with the investigation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the club members is described as soft spoken by the narrator?
2. What mistake did Rita make in her first article?
3. Why does Rita move to the country?
4. How does Rita feel about her mother-in-law?
5. What surprised Grover when Rita lost her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Judd say as Rita leaves the house after her questions for Ella, and how does Queenie interpret this?
2. What convinces Queenie to let the Massies stay on her property, and why?
3. What does the Reverend ask the Club members to do for him?
4. Why does Forest Ann rush home from the meeting at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Rita think Prosper Judd was paying the mortgage on the Crook farm?
6. Why does Rita tell Mrs. Judd that she is the best one to be conducting the investigation about Ben's death?
7. Why does Queenie say she supports Forest Ann in her affair with Dr. Sipes?
8. Who does the Sheriff think the man is who attacked Queenie?
9. What story will Rita publish after hearing the truth of Ben's death?
10. How does Queenie describe the members of the Club at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)