|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake did Rita make in her first article?
(a) She got the amounts wrong.
(b) She got the positions wrong.
(c) She got the names wrong.
(d) She got the dates wrong.
2. Where is Ella staying after her husband's body was found?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Queenie's house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The Judds.
3. What does Grover compliment Queenie for after Rita comes to dinner?
(a) Her friendliness.
(b) Her cooking.
(c) Being a good friend.
(d) Being beautiful.
4. What do the Massies say when they see the shed they will be staying in on Queenie's property?
(a) It will be too cold for the baby.
(b) It will do for now.
(c) It is run down and rusty.
(d) It is the nicest place they have ever lived.
5. What do the women of the Club do when they meet?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is her worst trait?
2. Why does Rita move to the country?
3. Where did Queenie get the rhubarb for the pie she makes when Rita comes to dinner?
4. What is A Road to California made from?
5. Who tries to keep Rita from talking to Ella in her investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzy ask of Zepha, and how does Zepha respond?
2. Why does Rita say she deserves to know who really killed Ben?
3. What makes Queenie feel better after her attack?
4. How did Blue know to come and help Queenie when she was attacked?
5. Who was really paying the mortgage on Ben's farm, and why?
6. How does Mrs. Judd propose the secret of Velma's baby be hidden?
7. Why does Queenie think Rita invites Ella to help with Tyrone?
8. What is revealed in the last sentence of the book?
9. Why does Rita move to Harleyville?
10. What does Grover say about Ben Crook after his funeral?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)