|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of jam does Agnes like to make?
(b) Red Pepper.
2. Who supports Rita when she loses her baby?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The church.
(c) The Persian Pickle Club.
(d) Her mother-in-law.
3. What is Queenie's husband's name?
4. How far along was Rita when she gave birth?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 6 1/2 months.
5. What does the narrator say the story is about?
(a) Rita moving to town.
(b) The charitable efforts of the Club.
(c) Forest Ann's affair.
(d) The town overcoming the Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Era is this book set in?
2. What do the women of the Club do when they meet?
3. Who does the narrator describe as impulsive?
4. What is the name of Rita's husband?
5. What convinces Queenie to allow the family to camp on her property?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzy ask of Zepha, and how does Zepha respond?
2. What does Rita say about reporters before she begins her investigation, and what is Queenie's response to this?
3. Why are the Pickles called on to help Tyrone?
4. Why does Rita think the Sheriff was part of Ben's death?
5. What does Queenie see Velma doing at the cafe?
6. How is Ella different from the other members of the Club?
7. What convinces Queenie to let the Massies stay on her property, and why?
8. What does Grover think happened to Queenie's rhubarb pie?
9. What does Queenie say about Rita after she moves away?
10. What does Grover do to calm Queenie down when she gets angry after Rita loses her baby?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)