|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rita's biggest suspect after hearing what Dr. Sipes said about Ben's body?
(b) Forest Ann.
(c) The Judds.
(d) Dr. Sipes.
2. What does Rita think the attack on Queenie might be related to?
(a) Queenie's inheritance.
(b) Her investigation.
(c) The Celebrity quilt.
(d) Ben's death.
3. Why do the Massies leave in such a hurry?
(a) Grover wants them to talk to the police.
(b) They have saved up the money they need.
(c) Zepha is afraid of the rapist.
(d) Queenie thinks Blue is the murderer.
4. Who does Rita accuse of hiding the truth of Ben's death?
(a) The Persian Pickle Club.
(b) Sheriff Eagles.
(c) All of these.
(d) Dr. Sipes.
5. How does Queenie hope to help Nettie after she cries about Agnes' comment?
(a) She talks about the pains of rheumatism that Tyrone has.
(b) She wants to adopt Velma's baby.
(c) She plans to invite her over for dinner.
(d) She hopes to get Agnes out of the club.
6. Why does Queenie not want to go to the meeting at Forest Ann's house?
(a) She is afraid to leave the house.
(b) She hurt her ankle.
(c) She is mad at Rita.
(d) She is not feeling well.
7. Why does Velma move to the city?
(a) To find a husband.
(b) To keep a good job.
(c) To stay away from her baby.
(d) To avoid her father's anger.
8. Who saves Queenie when she is being threatened while inspecting the blocked highway?
(c) Blue Massie.
(d) Dr. Sipes.
9. Where does Tom work at the end of the book?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A copper mine.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A safe house.
10. What does Queenie say Rita is better at after moving away?
(a) Being a friend.
(b) Keeping secrets.
(c) Reaching out.
(d) Caring for others.
11. What made the Pickles want to help kill Ben?
(a) He sold her dowry.
(b) He cheated on her.
(c) He killed her dog.
(d) He was abusive to Ella.
12. What does the doctor do when it is revealed Tyrone might have a disease?
(a) All of these.
(b) Sends him to the hospital.
(c) Quarantines him.
(d) Gives him a vaccination.
13. What will Rita warn people about in her article about Ben's death?
(b) The Persian Pickle Club.
14. What does Mr. Eagle berate Rita for?
(a) Dragging Queenie into the investigation.
(b) Moving to town.
(c) Thinking she can figure out the mystery.
(d) Spelling his name wrong.
15. What does Queenie say Rita shared after hearing the truth of Ben's death?
(a) The danger.
(b) The death.
(c) The anger.
(d) The blame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease might Tyrone have?
2. Who does Prosper compliment when he brings something for tea?
3. How does Mr. Eagle describe Skillet?
4. Who gave the Massies all the information about Grover and the Crooks?
5. Why do the Massies say they came looking for Grover?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)