|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grover offer to do after reporting the attack to the Sheriff?
(a) Take them to the movies.
(b) Stop for more interviews.
(c) Get drinks at the bar.
(d) Go shopping in town.
2. What does Agnes say that makes Nettie cry?
(a) Unwed mothers have no morals.
(b) Her friends are silly and heartless.
(c) Men are too weak these days.
(d) She is embarassed to be part of the club.
3. How does Mr. Eagle describe Skillet?
4. Where does Ruby live at the end of the book?
(a) North Carolina.
5. How does Grover feel about adopting a baby?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He is willing to do what Queenie wants.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is nervous.
6. Why was Ben trying to sell his land?
(a) To move his family.
(b) To make a suitor happy.
(c) To pay debts.
(d) To change careers.
7. What is ironic about the man who bought the Celebrity Quilt?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He is foreign.
8. Why does Nettie cry so hard when Agnes makes a comment?
(a) She is Agnes's closest friend.
(b) Her husband is still ill.
(c) Velma is pregnant.
(d) She started the Club.
9. Where does Tom work at the end of the book?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A copper mine.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A safe house.
10. Why do the Massies say they avoided going to the Crook farm?
(a) There was a body in the field.
(b) All of these.
(c) Ella had no work.
(d) Ella had no money.
11. What does Rita say when Prosper brings something for tea?
(a) Why did you do it?
(b) Where were you last night?
(c) You killed Ben.
(d) You can't be here.
12. How often do the Pickles meet?
13. Why does Rita think Dr. Sipes said what he did about Ben's body?
(a) He was guilty.
(b) He was paid.
(c) He was distracted from his work.
(d) He was protecting someone.
14. What do the Massies leave behind when they leave Queenie's property?
(a) Zepha's jewelery.
(b) A family picture.
(c) Their forwarding information.
(d) The California Quilt.
15. Who explains to Rita what really happened to Ben?
(a) Mrs. Judd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Queenie feel better after her attack?
2. What does Sonny do to help when Tyrone is sick?
3. What does Mr. Eagle berate Rita for?
4. What does the note with Rita's gift for Queenie's baby say?
5. What does Rita think the attack on Queenie might be related to?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)