|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the Massies all the information about Grover and the Crooks?
(b) A stranger.
(d) Dr. Sipes.
2. What does Agnes say that makes Nettie cry?
(a) Her friends are silly and heartless.
(b) Men are too weak these days.
(c) She is embarassed to be part of the club.
(d) Unwed mothers have no morals.
3. How does Mr. Eagle describe Skillet?
4. What does Mr. Eagle berate Rita for?
(a) Moving to town.
(b) Spelling his name wrong.
(c) Thinking she can figure out the mystery.
(d) Dragging Queenie into the investigation.
5. Why is it so important for Queenie to go to the meeting at Forest Ann's house?
(a) They are working on the Celebrity Quilt.
(b) Rita is asking more questions.
(c) She has never missed a meeting.
(d) They miss her.
6. What made the Pickles want to help kill Ben?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) He killed her dog.
(c) He was abusive to Ella.
(d) He sold her dowry.
7. What does Grover offer to do after reporting the attack to the Sheriff?
(a) Go shopping in town.
(b) Get drinks at the bar.
(c) Stop for more interviews.
(d) Take them to the movies.
8. Where does Ruby live at the end of the book?
(b) North Carolina.
9. Why does Velma move to the city?
(a) To find a husband.
(b) To stay away from her baby.
(c) To keep a good job.
(d) To avoid her father's anger.
10. Where does the end of the book take place?
(a) Queenie's house.
(b) The church.
(c) Mrs. Judd's house.
(d) An auction house.
11. Why does Mrs. Judd tell Rita Nettie's secret will never be revealed?
(a) It is too important to let slip.
(b) The Pickles take secrets seriously.
(c) Tyrone is not very smart.
(d) All of these.
12. What does Queenie say Rita shared after hearing the truth of Ben's death?
(a) The death.
(b) The danger.
(c) The blame.
(d) The anger.
13. Why does Nettie cry so hard when Agnes makes a comment?
(a) She is Agnes's closest friend.
(b) Velma is pregnant.
(c) She started the Club.
(d) Her husband is still ill.
14. What does Prosper bring for the women's tea at the Club?
(a) Mint leaves.
(c) Cinnamon sticks.
15. Who does Rita think the attacker might be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Sipes say when he checked over Ben's body in the morgue?
2. What does Queenie hope her adopted child will never know?
3. What does Queenie say Forest Ann and her affair partner deserve?
4. Why do the Massies say they avoided going to the Crook farm?
5. Who does Rita accuse of hiding the truth of Ben's death?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)