|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queenie say is the most important thing in the world?
2. How does Queenie feel when she hears what Rita plans to do with her baby when she goes to work?
3. What is A Road to California?
(a) A poem.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A book.
(d) A painting.
4. What does Lizzy Olive want to buy from Zepha?
(a) A wood carving.
(b) A child.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A slave.
5. Where does Rita hope to work after having her baby?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) The college.
6. Where does Rita go first to start her investigation?
(a) The police station.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The crook farmhouse.
(d) The field where he was found.
7. Who interrupts Lizzy when she tries to buy something from Zepha?
8. Who is Velma's mother?
(a) Mrs. Judd.
9. How does it appear Mr. Crook died when his body is found?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He was trampled.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He was murderd.
10. What mistake did Rita make in her first article?
(a) She got the names wrong.
(b) She got the dates wrong.
(c) She got the positions wrong.
(d) She got the amounts wrong.
11. Who does Nettie want to stay away from Ella after her husband's body is found?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) The Police.
(d) The Reverend.
12. What message does Queenie say Mrs. Judd sends by asking her for something after the investigation?
(a) She is forgiven.
(b) She has some information.
(c) She is invited for dinner.
(d) She is shunned.
13. What is Queenie's husband's name?
14. What is Zepha very talented at?
15. What do the women of the Club do when they meet?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Queenie to allow the family to camp on her property?
2. What does Rita learn during the book according to the narrator?
3. Why does Rita think the killer had a car?
4. What does the narrator say the story is about?
5. What does Rita know little about on her first meeting with the Club?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)