|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rita say she is the best person to write the article about Ben's death?
(a) She is a wonderful writer.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is from the area.
(d) She cares for Ella.
2. Where did Queenie get the rhubarb for the pie she makes when Rita comes to dinner?
(a) It is a secret.
(b) Her garden.
(c) A wild bush.
(d) The market.
3. What kind of weather is the Club praying for?
(b) Cool weather.
(d) Warm weather.
4. What is surprising about the pie served when Rita comes to dinner?
(a) It was too tart.
(b) It was too hot.
(c) It was made with Swiss chard.
(d) It was made with sugar beets.
5. Who is the married man Forest Ann meets with?
(a) Professor Agnew.
(b) Reverend Plath.
(c) Dr. Sipes.
(d) Mr. Tillworth.
6. Where is Ella staying after her husband's body was found?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The Judds.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Queenie's house.
7. What does Rita say about reporters when she begins her investigation?
(a) They are low on morals.
(b) They are alone.
(c) They don't have friends.
(d) They know the truth.
8. What does Queenie call Lizzy Olive?
(a) A busybody.
(b) A bad soul.
(c) A lazy bum.
(d) A gossip.
9. Who supports Rita when she loses her baby?
(a) The church.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) The Persian Pickle Club.
(d) Her husband.
10. What mistake did Rita make while baking a cake?
(a) She mistook salt for sugar.
(b) She didn't add any eggs.
(c) She didn't use any baking powder.
(d) She let it burn in the oven.
11. Why does Rita say she has to solve the mystery of Ben's death?
(a) They have to know the truth.
(b) Ella needs to be avenged.
(c) The murderer could still be around.
(d) She will lose her job if she doesn't.
12. Where does Prosper go when Queenie stops talking with Ella?
(a) The barn.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bar.
(d) The field.
13. How does Rita feel about her mother-in-law?
(a) All of these.
14. How is Opalina described by the narrator?
15. How does Queenie go about getting signatures for the Celebrity Quilt?
(a) She hangs around hotels.
(b) She sends letters.
(c) She asks store owners.
(d) She visits doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Club reluctant to raise money for the Reverend?
2. What Era is this book set in?
3. Why does Queenie's husband let a family camp on their land?
4. What is Zepha very talented at?
5. Where was Ella's husband's body found?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)