|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita plan to do with her baby while she is working?
(a) Get a babysitter.
(b) Take it with her.
(c) Take it to a day care.
(d) Leave it at home with her husband.
2. What does Queenie say is the most important thing in the world?
3. What does the narrator say the story is about?
(a) Forest Ann's affair.
(b) Rita moving to town.
(c) The charitable efforts of the Club.
(d) The town overcoming the Depression.
4. What does Grover compliment Queenie for after Rita comes to dinner?
(a) Being beautiful.
(b) Being a good friend.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her friendliness.
5. What is A Road to California?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A poem.
(d) A quilt.
6. What does Lizzy Olive want to buy from Zepha?
(a) A wood carving.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A slave.
(d) A child.
7. Who does Nettie want to stay away from Ella after her husband's body is found?
(a) The Reverend.
(b) The Police.
(c) The Doctor.
(d) The Sheriff.
8. Who does the club want to raise money for at the beginning of the book?
(a) Unwed mothers.
(b) The town school.
(c) The church.
9. What surprised Grover when Rita lost her baby?
(a) She was very sick.
(b) She didn't seem very upset.
(c) She almost died.
(d) She seemed to expect it.
10. Where was Ella's husband's body found?
(a) In a corner field.
(b) In a graveyard.
(c) In an attic.
(d) In the library.
11. Where is the family camping on Queenie's land from?
12. What does Rita know little about on her first meeting with the Club?
(d) Child rearing.
13. How is Opalina described by the narrator?
14. What does Rita learn during the book according to the narrator?
(a) How to be a wife.
(c) Small town ways.
15. Why does Rita move to the country?
(a) She marries a farm boy.
(b) Her father finds her work there.
(c) Her mother is sick.
(d) She lost her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pie does Queenie make for Rita when she comes to dinner?
2. How does Rita feel during her first meeting with the club?
3. How far along was Rita when she gave birth?
4. How long does Rita's baby live?
5. Why is Queenie not happy about the family camping on her land?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)