|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of quilt does Queenie want to make to raise money at the begining of the book?
(a) A Memory Quilt.
(b) A Pictoral Quilt.
(c) A Celebrity Quilt.
(d) A Baby Quilt.
2. Who finds Mr. Crook's body?
3. How does Rita feel about her mother-in-law?
(c) All of these.
4. How far along was Rita when she gave birth?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 6 1/2 months.
(d) 7 months.
5. How is Ada June described by the narrator?
6. How does Queenie describe the conversation between Mrs. Judd and Prosper when Rita is on her investigation?
7. What is A Road to California made from?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A dead girl's dress.
(c) A piece of plywood.
(d) Motor oil and crushed berries.
8. What convinces Queenie to allow the family to camp on her property?
(a) She says a prayer.
(b) She looks at their belongings.
(c) She sees their dog.
(d) She holds their baby.
9. What kind of weather is the Club praying for?
(b) Warm weather.
(c) Cool weather.
10. Who defends Hiawatha when Rita thinks he might be the killer?
(b) The Sheriff.
(d) Hiawatha's wife.
11. What surprised Grover when Rita lost her baby?
(a) She almost died.
(b) She was very sick.
(c) She didn't seem very upset.
(d) She seemed to expect it.
12. What does Rita say about reporters when she begins her investigation?
(a) They are alone.
(b) They are low on morals.
(c) They don't have friends.
(d) They know the truth.
13. What is Queenie doing when she hears that Rita is giving birth?
(a) Cleaning her floor.
(b) Having a picnic.
(d) Making a pie.
14. Who helps Queenie get signatures for the Celebrity Quilt?
15. Who does the narrator describe as impulsive?
(a) Forest Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zepha very talented at?
2. Who is Queenie asked to keep a secret for after having drinks at the Hollywood Cafe?
3. What do the Massies say when they see the shed they will be staying in on Queenie's property?
4. Who tells Queenie that Rita is giving birth?
5. Why does Rita think the killer had a car?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)