|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella tell Rita when she is interviewed?
(a) She knows nothing.
(b) She is too weak to talk.
(c) She wants the truth to get out.
(d) She is afraid to tell the real truth.
2. How does Queenie describe the conversation between Mrs. Judd and Prosper when Rita is on her investigation?
3. What mistake did Rita make in her first article?
(a) She got the dates wrong.
(b) She got the positions wrong.
(c) She got the amounts wrong.
(d) She got the names wrong.
4. Who interrupts Lizzy when she tries to buy something from Zepha?
5. What does Queenie want to avoid for Ella when the investigation begin?
(a) Her privacy getting interrupted.
(c) A return to her depression.
(d) All of these.
6. Who is Velma's mother?
(c) Mrs. Judd.
7. What convinces Queenie to allow the family to camp on her property?
(a) She sees their dog.
(b) She looks at their belongings.
(c) She holds their baby.
(d) She says a prayer.
8. What does the narrator say the story is about?
(a) The town overcoming the Depression.
(b) The charitable efforts of the Club.
(c) Rita moving to town.
(d) Forest Ann's affair.
9. What does the narrator say is her worst trait?
(a) She tries too hard.
(b) She can be too impulsive.
(c) She can't keep her mouth shut.
(d) She is very nosy.
10. What does Rita think her second article will be about?
(a) Losing her baby.
(b) The death of the mayor.
(c) The economy.
(d) The Celebrity Quilt.
11. What kind of jam does Agnes like to make?
(d) Red Pepper.
12. What do the Massies say when they see the shed they will be staying in on Queenie's property?
(a) It will be too cold for the baby.
(b) It will do for now.
(c) It is the nicest place they have ever lived.
(d) It is run down and rusty.
13. What kind of pie does Queenie make for Rita when she comes to dinner?
(d) Lemon cream.
14. What does Queenie say is the most important thing in the world?
15. Where does Prosper go when Queenie stops talking with Ella?
(a) The field.
(b) The bar.
(c) The barn.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to keep Rita from talking to Ella in her investigation?
2. Who is the narrator?
3. What does Rita want to do with her life?
4. Who helps Queenie get signatures for the Celebrity Quilt?
5. Why is the Club reluctant to raise money for the Reverend?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)