|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Queenie say Mrs. Judd sends by asking her for something after the investigation?
(a) She is forgiven.
(b) She is shunned.
(c) She is invited for dinner.
(d) She has some information.
2. Who interrupts Lizzy when she tries to buy something from Zepha?
3. What do the Massies say when they see the shed they will be staying in on Queenie's property?
(a) It will be too cold for the baby.
(b) It is run down and rusty.
(c) It is the nicest place they have ever lived.
(d) It will do for now.
4. How is Ada June described by the narrator?
5. Why does Rita move to the country?
(a) She lost her job.
(b) She marries a farm boy.
(c) Her mother is sick.
(d) Her father finds her work there.
6. Where did Queenie get the rhubarb for the pie she makes when Rita comes to dinner?
(a) The market.
(b) Her garden.
(c) A wild bush.
(d) It is a secret.
7. What is Queenie's husband's name?
8. What does Grover call Mr. Crook after his funeral?
(a) A push over.
(b) A mad man.
(c) A crook.
(d) A simpleton.
9. How does Rita feel about her mother-in-law?
(d) All of these.
10. What mistake did Rita make in her first article?
(a) She got the names wrong.
(b) She got the dates wrong.
(c) She got the amounts wrong.
(d) She got the positions wrong.
11. What is Queenie's last name?
12. How does Queenie describe the conversation between Mrs. Judd and Prosper when Rita is on her investigation?
13. When does Forest Ann have her daily date?
(a) When the sun sets.
(b) When she serves dinner.
(c) When the town is all at mass.
(d) When the married man heads home from work.
14. Who is the narrator?
15. What is the Persian Pickle Club named for?
(a) Their favorite food.
(b) An article they read.
(c) A quilting method.
(d) A fabric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queenie want to avoid for Ella when the investigation begin?
2. Who tells the Club about Mr. Crook's body being found?
3. Who tries to keep Rita from talking to Ella in her investigation?
4. Why is Queenie so emotional when Rita loses her baby?
5. What kind of quilt does Queenie want to make to raise money at the begining of the book?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)