|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sight did Reed see as he rode ahead?
2. How many wagons did each family have?
3. How many times did the company end up fording the Truckee River?
4. Why did Sarah Keyes join the wagon train?
5. What did the skilled explorers find about Hastings shortcut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Clyman talk to Reed about?
2. How did the Native American treat William Eddy?
3. How did the women feel about the decision, and how was their opinion factored in?
4. What type of obstacles did people on wagon trains frequently have to face?
5. What did the Donner party find when they emerged from the Cutoff?
6. What did the note that Hastings left tell the travelers? Was his statement valid?
7. How did Charles Stanton helped the traveling party?
8. What was "The Emigrants Guide to Oregon and California" like?
9. What happened to James Reed after he killed Snyder?
10. How did the Reed wagons do on the journey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Virginia so concerned about Indians? Were her worries valid? What was the Donner Party's experience with Indians the first time they came across them?
Essay Topic 2
Was Lansford Warren Hastings qualified to write his book? Why or why not? What did the man do for a living and what was he like?
Essay Topic 3
How were the members of the Donner Party betrayed by people along the way? Cite at least two examples.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)