|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the United States end?
2. What was the Hastings Cutoff trail like?
3. How did Virginia spend her days after leaving Missouri?
4. How do people get across the great Salt Lake Desert in today's world?
5. What was Reed going on to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the families do in the evenings?
2. How did the Native American treat William Eddy?
3. Why was Independence, Missouri so famous?
4. How did the women feel about the decision, and how was their opinion factored in?
5. How many miles a day did the Donner Party plan to go, and what with their actual pace?
6. What type of obstacles did people on wagon trains frequently have to face?
7. Why did each family have three wagons?
8. What did James Reed say that persuaded the man to take Hastings' Cutoff?
9. Why did Virginia's father choose to take his family to California?
10. What happened with Edward Breen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the group feel about the Native Americans? How did Luis and Salvador help the team? What happened to them? How did the team members react? How did the Miwok Indians help them?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail why James Reed was banished and what the team promised to his family. Then comment on how they treated the family in actuality.
Essay Topic 3
Was Lansford Warren Hastings qualified to write his book? Why or why not? What did the man do for a living and what was he like?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)