|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the United States end?
2. What did the children suck on to bring forth saliva?
3. Why didn't the Donner Party see other travelers?
4. What did the travelers encounter as they climbed the Sierra Nevada?
5. When did they think the summit would be snowed in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many miles a day did the Donner Party plan to go, and what with their actual pace?
2. How did the Reed wagons do on the journey?
3. What happened to the group as they reached near the summit of Sierra Nevada?
4. How did the women feel about the decision, and how was their opinion factored in?
5. How did Charles Stanton helped the traveling party?
6. How were tasks divvied up on the wagon train?
7. What would they have to do in order to cross a river?
8. What did James Reed say that persuaded the man to take Hastings' Cutoff?
9. What did Clyman talk to Reed about?
10. What did the families do in the evenings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the group feel about the Native Americans? How did Luis and Salvador help the team? What happened to them? How did the team members react? How did the Miwok Indians help them?
Essay Topic 2
What disrupted James Reed's attempt to put together rescue teams? How did he manage to eventually get help?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail why James Reed was banished and what the team promised to his family. Then comment on how they treated the family in actuality.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)