|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it a little difficult to read Virginia's letter?
(a) The paper was torn and mildewed.
(b) Her spelling skills were terrible.
(c) She wrote in Spanish.
(d) The ink smudged.
2. When did Mary Murphy get married?
(a) Within a week of her rescue
(b) Nine months after her rescue
(c) Within a year of her rescue
(d) Within a month of her rescue
3. Why didn't Virginia join the group that went off for help?
(a) She wasn't strong enough.
(b) She was too young.
(c) She became ill.
(d) They needed her to babysit the little ones.
4. How did they stay warm at night?
(a) They huddled together under a blanket near the fire.
(b) They layered their clothing.
(c) They built a huge fire.
(d) They drank whiskey.
5. What happened to the dogs that were traveling with the group?
(a) They were given to the Native Americans.
(b) They were used to guard against wild animals.
(c) They were let loose.
(d) The humans had to eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Betsy cook in the morning?
2. Who did Mrs. Murphy say they ought to eat?
3. How did James Reed revive Patty?
4. Patty is the following items from everyone except for:
5. What instinctive rule comes into play regarding cannibalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Virginia inadvertently help the world hear about what happened to the Donner Party?
2. What complications did the group which later became known as Forlorn Hope face?
3. How did William Eddy react to the plan that Williams Foster had- to kill the Indians?
4. What did the Miwok Indians do to help them?
5. How many people were stuck camping near the lake, and how many people went off to find help nine days before Christmas?
6. How did the group members respond when it actually came time to eat one of their comrades?
7. How many rescue teams were there, and what did they find?
8. How did Virginia deal with the idea of cannibalism?
9. What did the group do when they realize that they couldn't reach a summit?
10. What happened to Mary Murphy?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)