|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mary Murphy feel after her ordeal?
(a) She felt as if she had nothing to live for.
(b) She was very grateful to survive.
(c) She was eager to move on.
(d) She felt like they deserved what they went through.
2. What special meal did the Reed children have for Christmas?
(a) Bear meat and beans
(b) Fresh bones to gnaw on
(c) Venison stew
(d) Beans, rice, and dried apple slices
3. Where are James Reed's pocket watch and Masonic medal displayed?
(a) At Donner Memorial State Park
(b) At Johnson's Ranch
(c) At the University of California at Berkely
(d) Sutter's Fort
4. How did they stay warm at night?
(a) They layered their clothing.
(b) They built a huge fire.
(c) They huddled together under a blanket near the fire.
(d) They drank whiskey.
5. What happened to the teenager who ate a lot of food after surviving?
(a) He threw it all back up.
(b) He died in agony because his body could not digest it.
(c) They all laughed in happiness.
(d) He wrote about his amazing meal in his journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the unofficial leader of the snowshoers?
2. Where did George and Jacob Donner and their families camp?
3. Patty is the following items from everyone except for:
4. How did James Reed revive Patty?
5. What happened when Margaret tried to cross the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William Eddy react to the plan that Williams Foster had- to kill the Indians?
2. Why didn't the Donner families camp with the others?
3. What tragedy struck once the first group of survivors made it safely to Johnson's Ranch?
4. What troubles did they face as they waited out the winter?
5. What was the Reed reunion like?
6. What complications did the group which later became known as Forlorn Hope face?
7. What happened to Louis Keseberg?
8. What did William Eddy and William Foster find when they went to rescue their families? Who did they rescue?
9. Why couldn't all the survivors get rescued at once?
10. How did Virginia tell her cousin about the personal atrocities that happened on the trail?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)