|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was life like for the Donner Party survivors in California?
(a) They instantly achieved great fame.
(b) They were shunned for their cannibalism.
(c) They created good lives for themselves.
(d) They had to scrape from the dregs of society since they lost all their belongings.
2. How did Margaret and Elizabeth Graves get along?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They hated each other.
(c) They were best friends.
(d) They tolerated each other.
3. Who did Foster want to kill?
(a) Their Native American guides.
(b) Patrick Dolan
(c) Lem Murphy
(d) William Eddy
4. What did Louis Keseberg do in California?
(a) He ran a hotel and restaurant.
(b) He earned a reputation as a thief.
(c) He became a law officer.
(d) He started lecturing on the Donner Party experience.
5. Why did Margaret trust Glover?
(a) He was a lawyer back home.
(b) He was a Mason like her husband.
(c) He was the kindest man in the group.
(d) He was her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did George and Jacob Donner and their families camp?
2. How did Mary Murphy's first husband treat her?
3. How did they stay warm at night?
4. How did they help Jimmy Reed travel?
5. What did the Murphy children end out eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't all the survivors get rescued at once?
2. What did the group do when they realize that they couldn't reach a summit?
3. How did the Donner party story affect emigrants traveling West?
4. How did the group members respond when it actually came time to eat one of their comrades?
5. What happened to Mary Murphy?
6. How did the members of the Donner Party interact when they reached California?
7. How did Virginia tell her cousin about the personal atrocities that happened on the trail?
8. Why didn't Tamsen Donner allow herself to be rescued for a second time?
9. Why didn't the Donner families camp with the others?
10. What was the Reed reunion like?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)