|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are James Reed's pocket watch and Masonic medal displayed?
(a) Sutter's Fort
(b) At Donner Memorial State Park
(c) At Johnson's Ranch
(d) At the University of California at Berkely
2. What did Aunt Betsy cook in the morning?
(c) A heart
(d) Shoemaker's arm
3. What was life like for the Donner Party survivors in California?
(a) They created good lives for themselves.
(b) They had to scrape from the dregs of society since they lost all their belongings.
(c) They instantly achieved great fame.
(d) They were shunned for their cannibalism.
4. What was the weather like as the snowshoers traveled?
(d) The sun was starting to melt the snow
5. How did Mary Murphy's first husband treat her?
(a) He spoiled her.
(b) He doted on her and wouldn't let her work.
(c) He beat her.
(d) He expected her to work hard all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did the granite rock have in constructing dwellings?
2. What did Virginia write about Lansford Hastings?
3. What was Nancy Graves' emotional status after the rescue?
4. What did emigrants do once they realize that they were trapped?
5. What did Virginia write about her father's banishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Louis Keseberg?
2. What happened to the members of the Reed family?
3. Why couldn't all the survivors get rescued at once?
4. How many people were stuck camping near the lake, and how many people went off to find help nine days before Christmas?
5. What did the Miwok Indians do to help them?
6. How many rescue teams were there, and what did they find?
7. Why didn't the Donner families camp with the others?
8. How did the group members respond when it actually came time to eat one of their comrades?
9. Why didn't the starving people hunt for food?
10. How did they go about deciding who should be cannibalized?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)