|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who possessed the west?
(d) Native Americans
2. How did James Reed revive Patty?
(a) He rubbed cold snow on her face.
(b) He gave her crumbs he stored in his mitten.
(c) He yelled at her and smacked her.
(d) He performed CPR on her.
3. When did the group reach the Humboldt Sink?
(a) In the middle of October
(b) In the middle of July
(c) In the middle of November
(d) In the middle of September
4. What wild animal almost broke into the camp?
5. Why did they consider drawing lots?
(a) To see who would go without dinner
(b) To see who would go ahead alone to find help
(c) To see who should die so the others could live
(d) To see who would be in charge of tending the fire throughout the night
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hastings promise the Donner Party in his letter?
2. What did the Murphy children end out eating?
3. What happened to the dogs that were traveling with the group?
4. How did Reed react to Clyman's message?
5. How did Patrick Breen contribute to the fires at night?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)