|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the first group find that pioneers had left the winter before?
(b) A cabin
2. How did Patrick Dolan die?
(a) He died from infection.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He ate poisoned meat.
(d) He hallucinated and broke away from the fire then died of cold and starvation.
3. How did Victoria react to the cannibalism?
(a) She didn't mention it.
(b) The idea of it made her nauseous.
(c) She was very matter-of-fact about it.
(d) She was surprised that anyone would find it abnormal in the circumstances.
4. Why was it a little difficult to read Virginia's letter?
(a) The ink smudged.
(b) The paper was torn and mildewed.
(c) Her spelling skills were terrible.
(d) She wrote in Spanish.
5. What happened to James Reed after he killed Snyder?
(a) He had to bury Snyder as punishment.
(b) He was banished.
(d) He was hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would James keep in touch with his family?
2. Patty is the following items from everyone except for:
3. What did the surface of the desert consist of?
4. What was George Donner's occupation?
5. What disaster occurred while James Reed rode ahead?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)