|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Hastings Cutoff trail like?
(a) It was a clear path.
(b) It was beautiful every step of the way.
(c) It was marked by Hastings.
(d) It was barely discernible.
2. Why did Sarah Keyes join the wagon train?
(a) She would have been homeless if she stayed there.
(b) She wanted to see her son who lived out west.
(c) She couldn't bear the thought of having her grandchildren leave her.
(d) She was ready for a new adventure.
3. What was the Caw tribe like?
(a) They were wise and offered traveling advice.
(b) They were peaceful.
(c) They were hostile.
(d) They wondered what the travelers were doing.
4. What did the surface of the desert consist of?
(a) Nipping mites
(b) Copper-colored powdery sand
(d) Salt and alkali
5. What happened to the letters that Bryant sent Reed?
(a) Reed laughed when he read them.
(b) Reed never received them.
(c) They were given to Donner instead.
(d) Reed tore them up without reading them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the travelers do before they headed across the desert?
2. What did the families do in the evening?
3. How many miles would the cutoff save them?
4. Who possessed the west?
5. What was the Reed wagon later called?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)