|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the children sleep?
(a) In a second story loft
(b) On Grandma's bed
(c) Around the campfire
(d) Under the wagon
2. What did the travelers eat for lunch?
(c) Bread and beef jerkey
3. Who joined the Donner party as they cleared the trail through the Wasatch?
(a) Charles Stanton
(c) Franklin Graves and his extended family
(d) Luis and Salvador
4. Why did the travelers want to get to their destination by winter?
(a) The deep snows close the mountain passes.
(b) They were looking forward to warm weather in winter and no more snow.
(c) The mother was going to have a baby then.
(d) They wanted to celebrate Christmas in a new place.
5. What was the Reed wagon later called?
(a) A monstrosity
(b) Pioneer Palace Car
(c) Old Reliable
(d) Little One
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Virginia's aunt according to her stories?
2. What happened to 13-year-old Edward Breen?
3. What did the travelers do before they headed across the desert?
4. What disaster occurred while James Reed rode ahead?
5. How fast was the Donner Party moving along the Humboldt?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)