|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the middle of the desert?
(a) A mountain
(b) A huge cactus
(c) A cabin
(d) A lake
2. Why did Bridger promote the shortcut?
(a) He had been on it himself and thought it was a wise plan.
(b) He was desperate for the business it would bring as people passed by his trading post.
(c) He heard good things about it.
(d) He believed in Hastings.
3. Independence, Missouri known for all of these except what?
(a) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading south along the Santa Fe Trail.
(b) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading west to Oregon.
(c) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading east to New York.
(d) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading west to California.
4. Where did the United States end?
(c) New Mexico
5. How with the group feeling by the time they reached the shore of the Great Salt Lake?
(b) Tired but happy
(c) Worn-out and discouraged
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Reed kill Snyder?
2. What disaster occurred while James Reed rode ahead?
3. Why didn't the Donner Party see other travelers?
4. What did the travelers use instead of firewood to keep their fires going?
5. What did the men do to the wagon wheels after crossing the Platte?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)