|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the note from Hastings on the stick say?
(a) He said he would be with them shortly.
(b) His party had gotten ill so they were delayed.
(c) The trail ahead was very bad, and they should wait for Hastings.
(d) He told them to turn around and go back.
2. Independence, Missouri known for all of these except what?
(a) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading south along the Santa Fe Trail.
(b) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading west to Oregon.
(c) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading west to California.
(d) It was the crossroads for pioneers heading east to New York.
3. How many states were in the Union in the spring of 1846?
4. What happened to the letters that Bryant sent Reed?
(a) Reed tore them up without reading them.
(b) Reed never received them.
(c) Reed laughed when he read them.
(d) They were given to Donner instead.
5. What was the Reed wagon later called?
(a) Old Reliable
(b) Little One
(c) Pioneer Palace Car
(d) A monstrosity
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the travelers eat for lunch?
2. What did Hastings promise the Donner Party in his letter?
3. Why did Bridger promote the shortcut?
4. Where did the children sleep?
5. Where was James Reed from originally?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)