|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wild animal almost broke into the camp?
2. What did the book they follow mostly consist of?
(a) Advice for travel
(c) Weather reports
(d) Packing lists
3. Where was James Reed from originally?
(a) North Carolina
(b) New York
4. What did the skilled explorers find about Hastings shortcut?
(a) It was easier to travel than they had thought.
(b) Traveling it with oxen would be suicide.
(c) It was fine if the travelers were experts.
(d) It was tricky in areas.
5. What was the Hastings Cutoff trail like?
(a) It was a clear path.
(b) It was barely discernible.
(c) It was marked by Hastings.
(d) It was beautiful every step of the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wagons did each family have?
2. How did Tamsen Donner women feel about the trip?
3. Independence, Missouri known for all of these except what?
4. How did Virginia spend her days after leaving Missouri?
5. How with the group feeling by the time they reached the shore of the Great Salt Lake?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)