|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times had George Donner emigrated?
2. What did the interior of the wagon remind Virginia of?
(a) A garbage heap
(b) A living room
(c) Organized chaos
(d) A stuffed closet
3. Why did the travelers want to get to their destination by winter?
(a) The mother was going to have a baby then.
(b) They were looking forward to warm weather in winter and no more snow.
(c) The deep snows close the mountain passes.
(d) They wanted to celebrate Christmas in a new place.
4. What happened to 13-year-old Edward Breen?
(a) He died from illness.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He was lost.
(d) He fell off his horse and broke his leg.
5. How many states were in the Union in the spring of 1846?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles would the cutoff save them?
2. What was the first bit of trouble the Donner Party encountered?
3. How did the Murphy clan and the Reeds and Donners get along?
4. What did the families do in the evening?
5. When did James Reed think they would hit the Sierra Nevada?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)