|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the letters that Bryant sent Reed?
(a) Reed laughed when he read them.
(b) Reed never received them.
(c) They were given to Donner instead.
(d) Reed tore them up without reading them.
2. How did Reed react to Clyman's message?
(a) He told everyone they should move out as quickly as possible.
(b) He brushed off the warnings.
(c) He started making weapons.
(d) He hugged the man for the good news.
3. What book did Reed and Donner use for guidance?
(a) California or Bust
(b) The Oregon Trail
(c) The Emigrants' Guide to Oregon and California
(d) Go West, Young Man - Memoirs of Daniel Boone
4. How many times had George Donner emigrated?
5. What West Hastings' occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hastings promise the Donner Party in his letter?
2. How did Tamsen Donner women feel about the trip?
3. What did the families do in the evening?
4. What was the Hastings Cutoff trail like?
5. Why did Bridger promote the shortcut?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)