|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the men do to the wagon wheels after crossing the Platte?
(a) They added metal to them.
(b) They completely dried them out.
(c) They re-greased and re-set them.
(d) They sanded them down.
2. How many wagons did each family have?
3. Why did the travelers want to get to their destination by winter?
(a) They were looking forward to warm weather in winter and no more snow.
(b) The deep snows close the mountain passes.
(c) The mother was going to have a baby then.
(d) They wanted to celebrate Christmas in a new place.
4. How did Patrick Breen contribute to the fires at night?
(a) He told tales.
(b) He shared his coal.
(c) He played the violin.
(d) He chopped firewood.
5. How did Virginia spend her days after leaving Missouri?
(a) Reading to her grandmother
(b) On her pony
(c) Minding the little ones
(d) Steering the wagons
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Reed want out west?
2. What was the Reed wagon later called?
3. How did Tamsen Donner women feel about the trip?
4. Why did Sarah Keyes join the wagon train?
5. What happened to Virginia's aunt according to her stories?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)