|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was George Donner's occupation?
(b) He ran a grocery store.
(c) He ran mills and made furniture.
2. What happened to Virginia's aunt according to her stories?
(a) She was held hostage by Indians.
(b) She became an Indian princess.
(c) She fought against the Indians.
(d) She learned how to become a tracker from the Indians.
3. What book did Reed and Donner use for guidance?
(a) The Oregon Trail
(b) California or Bust
(c) Go West, Young Man - Memoirs of Daniel Boone
(d) The Emigrants' Guide to Oregon and California
4. How many times had George Donner emigrated?
5. What did James Clyman tell the travelers?
(a) There were hostile Indians up ahead.
(b) He told them to stay away from the Hastings shortcut.
(c) The shortcut was clear for them.
(d) The weather was perfect for travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the children sleep?
2. How did the Reed women feel about the trip?
3. How many states were in the Union in the spring of 1846?
4. Why did Sarah Keyes join the wagon train?
5. What was James Reed's occupation?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)