|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first snowshoer to die?
(a) William Eddy
(b) Charles Stanton
(c) Lem Murphy
(d) Mary Ann Graves
2. What did the families do in the evening?
(a) They hunted.
(b) They went to bed very early.
(c) Prepared for the next day.
3. What happened to 13-year-old Edward Breen?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He fell off his horse and broke his leg.
(c) He died from illness.
(d) He was lost.
4. What did James Clyman tell the travelers?
(a) The weather was perfect for travel.
(b) There were hostile Indians up ahead.
(c) The shortcut was clear for them.
(d) He told them to stay away from the Hastings shortcut.
5. What did the travelers eat for lunch?
(b) Bread and beef jerkey
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the men do to the wagon wheels after crossing the Platte?
2. What happened when Hardcoop could no longer walk?
3. What did William Eddy find in his pack?
4. What did the book they follow mostly consist of?
5. Who helped with the chores?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)