|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Patrick Dolan die?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He hallucinated and broke away from the fire then died of cold and starvation.
(c) He died from infection.
(d) He ate poisoned meat.
2. How fast was the Donner Party moving as they blazed through the Wasatch?
(a) 10 miles a day
(b) 15 miles a day
(c) 2 miles a day
(d) 8 miles a day
3. What did James Clyman tell the travelers?
(a) The weather was perfect for travel.
(b) There were hostile Indians up ahead.
(c) The shortcut was clear for them.
(d) He told them to stay away from the Hastings shortcut.
4. What did the children suck on to bring forth saliva?
(a) Flattened bullets
(c) Their fingers
(d) Rock candy
5. What instinctive rule comes into play regarding cannibalism?
(a) People only ate their loved ones.
(b) No-one talked about it.
(c) Members of a family try not to eat their own dead.
(d) They kept their eyes shut while eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Independence, Missouri known for all of these except what?
2. What did the men do to the wagon wheels after crossing the Platte?
3. What was used to wash the dishes?
4. What did the note from Hastings on the stick say?
5. Why did they consider drawing lots?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)