|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would James keep in touch with his family?
(a) He would leave a note on the trail.
(b) He didn't.
(c) Through seances
(d) He hid along the trail and used sign language to communicate with them.
2. How deep was the snow by the time they reached Truckee Lake?
(a) 1 foot deep
(b) 5 feet
(c) It was up to their thighs.
(d) There wasn't any snow.
3. What did Stanton recommend that the group do before crossing the Sierra Nevada Mountains?
(d) Grab more water
4. What did the book they follow mostly consist of?
(a) Advice for travel
(b) Packing lists
(d) Weather reports
5. What did the first group find that pioneers had left the winter before?
(d) A cabin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cannibalism?
2. How close were the travelers to the summit when they decided to rest and got snowed in?
3. What was Reed going on to do?
4. What West Hastings' occupation?
5. What wild animal almost broke into the camp?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)