|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the book they follow mostly consist of?
(b) Packing lists
(c) Weather reports
(d) Advice for travel
2. What role did the granite rock have in constructing dwellings?
(a) They chipped at the granite to make wall coverings.
(b) It acted as a wall and chimney.
(c) It gave them a foundation.
(d) They used it to sharpen their knives so they could chop trees for their housing.
3. What did the skilled explorers find about Hastings shortcut?
(a) It was easier to travel than they had thought.
(b) It was tricky in areas.
(c) It was fine if the travelers were experts.
(d) Traveling it with oxen would be suicide.
4. How did Virginia feel about losing the Pioneer Palace Car?
(a) It didn't seem to bother her much.
(b) She thought it was practical.
(c) It made her angry.
(d) She was devastated.
5. What was the Hastings Cutoff trail like?
(a) It was beautiful every step of the way.
(b) It was marked by Hastings.
(c) It was a clear path.
(d) It was barely discernible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Murphy children end out eating?
2. How did people learn about the story of the Donner Party?
3. What special meal did the Reed children have for Christmas?
4. How far into the established route did Hastings Cutoff appear?
5. What lured emigrants to California in 1849 in 1850?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)