|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the note from Hastings on the stick say?
(a) His party had gotten ill so they were delayed.
(b) The trail ahead was very bad, and they should wait for Hastings.
(c) He told them to turn around and go back.
(d) He said he would be with them shortly.
2. What did the skilled explorers find about Hastings shortcut?
(a) It was fine if the travelers were experts.
(b) It was easier to travel than they had thought.
(c) Traveling it with oxen would be suicide.
(d) It was tricky in areas.
3. What did Virginia write about Lansford Hastings?
(a) Sh blamed him for their experience.
(b) She said he took good care of them.
(c) Very little
(d) She said that she finally met him.
4. Why didn't the Piutes help the travelers?
(a) It was against their religion.
(b) They didn't know how to help them.
(c) They were afraid of white men.
(d) They didn't know they were there.
5. What did the Murphy children end out eating?
(c) Their book
(d) A rug
Short Answer Questions
1. When did James Reed think they would hit the Sierra Nevada?
2. How far into the established route did Hastings Cutoff appear?
3. How did Virginia feel about losing the Pioneer Palace Car?
4. How with the group feeling by the time they reached the shore of the Great Salt Lake?
5. How did Victoria react to the cannibalism?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)