|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate and Alicia's last name?
2. What does Kate see along the edge of the trees in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Kate go to the leper's hut in Chapter 6?
4. How does Kate get to Sir Geoffrey's estate?
5. Why does Alicia begin to cry in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Old Dorothy?
2. What part has Sir Geoffrey played in Cecily's disappearance?
3. What difference of opinion do Kate and Alicia have in Chapter 1?
4. Who is Blanche Parry?
5. What does Alicia ignore in Chapter 1?
6. How does Christopher react to the slipper in Chapter 6?
7. What does Kate try to convince herself of at the end of her journey in Chapter 3?
8. Who is Master John?
9. What do Christopher and Kate worry about in terms of timing in Chapter 6?
10. What does Kate promise Christopher that she will avoid doing in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the historical context of the novel Perilous Gard. How does Pope incorporate the real historical figures into the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different archetypes present in the novel. Are these archetypes commonly found in fairy tales and ballads?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the symbolism in the novel Perilous Gard. What are some examples of symbolism in the novel? What does the well symbolize? What does the slipper symbolize?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)