|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Master Roger?
2. What does the singer thank Kate for in Chapter 2?
3. What is Christopher wearing in Chapter 4?
4. What conclusion does Kate come to regarding Sir Geoffrey in Chapter 6?
5. What disrupts Kate's journey in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kate treated at the estate in Chapter 4?
2. Who is Old Dorothy?
3. How does Christopher react to the slipper in Chapter 6?
4. What is Randal's involvement with the Fairy Folk, as explained in Chapter 6?
5. What does Old Dorothy tell Kate about why so many people pass through the courtyard in Chapter 4?
6. What does Alicia ignore in Chapter 1?
7. What does Kate tell Christopher about at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. What does Kate see and do when she notices a gate open in Chapter 4?
9. What does Christopher believe is the reason that Cecily is being held hostage in Chapter 6?
10. What part has Sir Geoffrey played in Cecily's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an antagonist and who is the antagonist of the novel Perilous Gard? Why is this person or group the antagonist of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pope's use of foreshadowing. What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? Why might Pope have used foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of superstition in the novel. What are some examples of superstitious beliefs in the novel? How do these beliefs tie in to the setting? How do they influence the plot and characters?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)