|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname of the singer in Chapter 2?
2. Who interrupts Kate and Old Dorothy while Old Dorothy is telling Kate about the estate and its people in Chapter 3?
3. What does Kate not really want to know in Chapter 4?
4. Where is Kate surprised to see Christopher in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Alicia begin to cry in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christopher believe is the reason that Cecily is being held hostage in Chapter 6?
2. What does Kate find odd about Sir Geoffrey and his brother in Chapter 3?
3. What difference of opinion do Kate and Alicia have in Chapter 1?
4. What does Kate see and do when she notices a gate open in Chapter 4?
5. What does Kate promise Christopher that she will avoid doing in Chapter 6?
6. Who is Anne Warden?
7. What does Christopher tell Kate about Cecily's disappearance in Chapter 4?
8. What does Kate notice of the estate in Chapter 3?
9. What does Christopher remind Kate about the letter in Chapter 6?
10. What does Master Roger say about Perilous Gard in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss conflict in the novel Perilous Gard. Who is in conflict with whom and why? How do these conflicts alter or influence the plot and the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different archetypes present in the novel. Are these archetypes commonly found in fairy tales and ballads?
Essay Topic 3
What is an antagonist and who is the antagonist of the novel Perilous Gard? Why is this person or group the antagonist of the novel?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)