|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives from London in Chapter 1?
2. What does Alicia tell Kate to do as a 'true sister' in Chapter 1?
3. While Sir Geoffrey is away in Chapter 4, who should Kate answer to?
4. What does Kate tell Christopher about in Chapter 6?
5. What does Kate try to convince herself of in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Dorothy tell Kate about why so many people pass through the courtyard in Chapter 4?
2. What is Kate's punishment for the letter in Chapter 1?
3. What does Christopher tell Kate about Cecily's disappearance in Chapter 4?
4. What is the Queen's response to the letter in Chapter 1?
5. What does Alicia ignore in Chapter 1?
6. What does Kate promise Christopher that she will avoid doing in Chapter 6?
7. What does Christopher remind Kate about the letter in Chapter 6?
8. What does Kate tell Christopher about at the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. What part has Sir Geoffrey played in Cecily's disappearance?
10. What does Christopher believe is the reason that Cecily is being held hostage in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What mystery surrounds Perilous Gard? What questions might one ask about the occurrences at the estate as the novel progresses? Do these questions get answered?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the symbolism in the novel Perilous Gard. What are some examples of symbolism in the novel? What does the well symbolize? What does the slipper symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel Perilous Gard. Who is in conflict with whom and why? How do these conflicts alter or influence the plot and the characters?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)