|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Kate and the other human servants back to the chamber after they are done their chores in Chapter 9?
(a) A young boy.
(d) The Lady in Green.
2. What does Master John hope will happen when Sir Geoffrey hears his story in Chapter 7?
(a) Sir Geoffrey will allow the estate to flourish once again.
(b) Sir Geoffrey will leave Perilous Gard.
(c) Sir Geoffrey will remarry.
(d) Sir Geoffrey will forget the entire affair.
3. What is wearing through Kate's ribbon in Chapter 11?
(a) A safety pin Kate uses to get into the locked box.
(b) The cross given to her by the village woman.
(c) A key to a hidden door.
(d) Her pen and paper.
4. What does Kate ask Christopher about to try to reach him through his haze in Chapter 12?
(a) How they met.
(b) His brother.
(c) His dream property.
5. What deal has Christopher made with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
(a) His life in return for Cecily's.
(b) To serve them for ten years.
(c) To maintain the estate better.
(d) To pay a fine for Cecily's freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests the human servants besides sleeping and doing their chores?
2. Who does Christopher call out to as Kate hides in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Kate consider destroying her room in Chapter 8?
4. What does the Lady in Green want spared in Chapter 13?
5. What will Kate be taught in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Lady in Green offer Kate a drug in Chapter 8?
2. What happens when Kate begins to feel the weight of the hill in Chapter 10?
3. What does Kate learn about the teind in Chapter 11?
4. Why is it difficult for Kate to find pen and paper in Chapter 7?
5. According to Master John in Chapter 7, what is going to happen to Kate?
6. What does the Lady in Green tell Kate that shocks her in Chapter 11?
7. What does Kate realize about Christopher in Chapter 7?
8. How does Kate try to reach Christopher when he is in a haze in Chapter 12?
9. What does Kate observe while hiding in Chapter 7?
10. What does the Lady in Green ask for in Chapter 13?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)