|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Master John want the Lady in Green to do to Kate?
(a) Place her under a spell.
(b) Silence her by cutting off her tongue.
(c) Erase her memory.
(d) Kill her.
2. What does Kate sleep on at the end of Chapter 8?
(c) Velvet bedding.
(d) An old quilt.
3. How many women are in the great hall in Chapter 9?
4. What does a member of the Fairy Folk tell Kate there is no need for in Chapter 9?
(a) Her old memories.
(b) To know the names of any of the Fairy Folk.
(c) To practice personal hygiene.
(d) Smiling or laughing.
5. What does Kate realize after being outside in Chapter 11?
(a) That the Fairy Folk are priviledged.
(b) More time has passed than she thought.
(c) That the outdoors makes her weak.
(d) That she loves the outdoors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Cecily been taken in Chapter 13?
2. What does Master John plan to tell Sir Geoffrey about Cecily's disappearance?
3. What do the servants do when they reach a great hall in Chapter 9?
4. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 12?
5. According to Master John, how will Cecily's reappearance be explained to Sir Geoffrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the other human servants do when they reach the great hall in Chapter 9?
2. What happens when Kate begins to feel the weight of the hill in Chapter 10?
3. According to Gwenhyfara, why are the Fairy Folk able to withstand the fear that frightens the humans in Chapter 9?
4. What role does Christopher need to fill in Chapter 10?
5. What does the Lady in Green ask for in Chapter 13?
6. What does Kate note of the servants at the castle in Chapter 12?
7. What does the Lady in Green tell Kate that shocks her in Chapter 11?
8. What fear does Kate feel during the night in Chapter 9?
9. What is Master John's reply when Kate points out that he will have to explain Cecily's reappearance and Christopher's disappearance?
10. According to Master John in Chapter 7, what is going to happen to Kate?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)