|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate do when she knows she won't be needed in Chapter 9?
(a) She sneaks away from her room.
(b) She writes letters.
(c) She steals food.
(d) She naps.
2. What instructions are left for Kate at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) She is to remain in bed all day.
(b) She is to write down every detail of her time with the Fairy Folk.
(c) She is to not to go anywhere without an escort.
(d) She is to enjoy the outdoors without restrictions.
3. What deal has Christopher made with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
(a) To pay a fine for Cecily's freedom.
(b) To maintain the estate better.
(c) To serve them for ten years.
(d) His life in return for Cecily's.
4. How do the girls react when Kate introduces herself in Chapter 9?
(a) They are overjoyed to see a new face.
(b) They are curious about where she came from.
(c) They have no interest in her.
(d) They are disgusted by Kate`s appearance.
5. What does the Lady in Green tell Kate in Chapter 11?
(a) She is pleased with her performance and can live as one of the Fairy Folk.
(b) She is not doing a very good job with the chores.
(c) She can write to her family.
(d) She will be able to visit the human world soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Randal fear that Kate will not be welcome by the villagers in Chapter 12?
2. What is inside the chest in Chapter 9?
3. According to Master John, until when is Christopher being kept quiet in Chapter 7?
4. What does the Lady in Green plan to do with Kate as of Chapter 8?
5. Who is the letter Kate gives Randal in Chapter 8 meant for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Master John tell Kate about his involvement with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
2. What happens when Kate walks through a waterfall in Chapter 11?
3. How does Kate try to reach Christopher when he is in a haze in Chapter 12?
4. What chores is Kate responsible for?
5. How does Kate find Christopher in Chapter 9?
6. According to Master John in Chapter 7, what is going to happen to Kate?
7. What role does Christopher need to fill in Chapter 10?
8. What do the other human servants do when they reach the great hall in Chapter 9?
9. How does Old Dorothy react when she is handed Cecily in Chapter 7?
10. How are the other girls in Kate's room described in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)