|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Randal and Sir Geoffrey were on their way home in Chapter 12?
(a) Sir Geoffrey was robbed.
(b) Sir Geoffrey struck his head.
(c) Sir Geoffrey took a wrong turn.
(d) Randal was attacked.
2. What deal has Christopher made with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
(a) To serve them for ten years.
(b) To maintain the estate better.
(c) His life in return for Cecily's.
(d) To pay a fine for Cecily's freedom.
3. What does Kate sleep on at the end of Chapter 8?
(c) Velvet bedding.
(d) An old quilt.
4. What does Master John say about the villagers in Chapter 7?
(a) They are loyal.
(b) They are ignorant.
(c) They are quick-witted.
(d) They are intelligent.
5. Where does Kate find herself after walking through a waterfall in Chapter 11?
(a) Swimming in a lake.
(b) In the thick of the forest.
(c) The castle.
(d) The open air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside the chest in Chapter 9?
2. How do the human servants feel when they wake up in Chapter 9?
3. Who does Master John insist he is not in Chapter 7?
4. How do the servants behave after drinking from the cup in Chapter 9?
5. What does Kate tell Old Dorothy at the beginning of Chapter 7 to try and pacify her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Christopher and Kate hear voices in Chapter 11?
2. Why does the Lady in Green offer Kate a drug in Chapter 8?
3. What does Kate observe while hiding in Chapter 7?
4. How does Old Dorothy react when she is handed Cecily in Chapter 7?
5. What does the Lady in Green ask for in Chapter 13?
6. What food protocol is followed at Perilous Gard?
7. What happens when Kate begins to feel the weight of the hill in Chapter 10?
8. What fear does Kate feel during the night in Chapter 9?
9. What does Kate note of the servants at the castle in Chapter 12?
10. What does Master John tell Kate about his involvement with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)