|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Master John want the Lady in Green to do to Kate?
(a) Silence her by cutting off her tongue.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Erase her memory.
(d) Place her under a spell.
2. In what condition are the people at the castle in Chapter 12?
(a) They are drugged but still walking and talking.
(b) They are more productive than ever.
(c) They are in an enchanted sleep.
(d) They have not eaten in weeks.
3. How do the human servants feel when they wake up in Chapter 9?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are agitated.
(c) They are refreshed.
(d) They are happy.
4. How does Christopher feel about Kate being with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 9?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is not happy.
(d) He is relieved.
5. What does Kate feel after walking through the waterfall in Chapter 11?
(a) Cold and confused.
(b) Fearful of what is to come.
(c) The weight of the mountain being lifted from her shoulders.
(d) Like she is naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the other human servants in Chapter 9?
2. When is Christopher to be killed?
3. What is not observed where Kate is in Chapter 9?
4. What does Kate hear Christopher whispering for in Chapter 9?
5. What does Master John say about the villagers in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the other human servants do when they reach the great hall in Chapter 9?
2. What does Kate observe while hiding in Chapter 7?
3. Why doesn't the Lady in Green allow Kate to visit Christopher in Chapter 11?
4. What is Master John's reply when Kate points out that he will have to explain Cecily's reappearance and Christopher's disappearance?
5. What happens when Christopher and Kate hear voices in Chapter 11?
6. How does Old Dorothy react when she is handed Cecily in Chapter 7?
7. Why does the Lady in Green offer Kate a drug in Chapter 8?
8. What does Kate note of the servants at the castle in Chapter 12?
9. How does Kate try to reach Christopher when he is in a haze in Chapter 12?
10. What is Christopher's opinion of the villagers in the village in Chapter 11?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)