|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not observed where Kate is in Chapter 9?
(a) Morning or night.
(b) Personal hygiene.
(c) Meal time.
2. What answer can be found in Randal's song?
(a) The true origins of the Fairy Folk.
(b) How to "claim" someone.
(c) The Lady in Green`s history.
(d) Where other Fairy Folk branches can be found.
3. Who leads Kate and the other human servants back to the chamber after they are done their chores in Chapter 9?
(b) The Lady in Green.
(c) A young boy.
4. What does Kate ask Christopher about to try to reach him through his haze in Chapter 12?
(a) His dream property.
(b) His brother.
(d) How they met.
5. What does Sir Geoffrey fear in Chapter 13?
(a) That the Fairy Folk will come after Christopher or Cecily.
(b) That Cecily will have nightmares about her time with the Fairy Folk.
(c) That Christopher will never forgive him.
(d) That the Fairy Folk will come after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the human servants feel when they wake up in Chapter 9?
2. What happened when Randal and Sir Geoffrey were on their way home in Chapter 12?
3. Why does Kate think there is nothing to fear from the Fairy Folk as of Chapter 13?
4. Where has Christopher gone in Chapter 13?
5. What instructions are left for Kate at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Gwenhyfara?
2. What is Master John's reply when Kate points out that he will have to explain Cecily's reappearance and Christopher's disappearance?
3. What does the Lady in Green tell Kate that shocks her in Chapter 11?
4. What does Kate observe while hiding in Chapter 7?
5. Why is it difficult for Kate to find pen and paper in Chapter 7?
6. What fear does Kate feel during the night in Chapter 9?
7. What happens when Kate begins to feel the weight of the hill in Chapter 10?
8. Why doesn't the Lady in Green allow Kate to visit Christopher in Chapter 11?
9. What food protocol is followed at Perilous Gard?
10. What role does Christopher need to fill in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)