|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the other human servants in Chapter 9?
(a) Betty, Joan and Marian.
(b) Lily, Charlotte and Emma.
(c) Samantha, Fiona and Gertrude.
(d) Susan, Mary and Jane.
2. What does the Lady in Green offer Kate in Chapter 8?
(a) Some chocolates.
(b) A drug.
(c) A new green dress.
3. According to Master John, what is he paid for in Chapter 7?
(a) Ridding the estate of Christopher and his family.
(b) Doing what others won't.
(c) Supplying certain goods and services to certain people.
(d) Doing little.
4. What are the cooks required to do as part of the protocol of the house as explained in Chapter 7?
(a) Taste the food first.
(b) Cook everything at a certain temperature.
(c) Offer all the food to Kate before eating it themselves.
(d) Throw out all uneaten food.
5. How is Kate able to give a letter to Randal in Chapter 8?
(a) Through a vent.
(b) Through an open window.
(c) Under the door.
(d) With Old Dorothy's help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests the human servants besides sleeping and doing their chores?
2. What does Kate feel after walking through the waterfall in Chapter 11?
3. What do Christopher and Kate hear while talking at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What does Kate tell Old Dorothy at the beginning of Chapter 7 to try and pacify her?
5. Where does Kate follow Christopher in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Christopher's opinion of the villagers in the village in Chapter 11?
2. How does Old Dorothy react when she is handed Cecily in Chapter 7?
3. According to Gwenhyfara, why are the Fairy Folk able to withstand the fear that frightens the humans in Chapter 9?
4. What food protocol is followed at Perilous Gard?
5. What does the Lady in Green tell Kate that shocks her in Chapter 11?
6. What is Master John's reply when Kate points out that he will have to explain Cecily's reappearance and Christopher's disappearance?
7. How does Old Dorothy react when Kate returns to the estate with mud all over her in Chapter 7?
8. What does Master John tell Kate about his involvement with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
9. Why doesn't the Lady in Green allow Kate to visit Christopher in Chapter 11?
10. What fear does Kate feel during the night in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)