|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate note about the singer when she hears singing in Chapter 2?
(a) The singer is not very good at singing.
(b) The singer sounds sad.
(c) The singer sings very loudly.
(d) The singer has a good voice.
2. What does the Queen find hard to believe in Chapter 1?
(a) That Kate is still unmarried.
(b) That Princess Elizabeth is happy.
(c) That the air is fresher in the country.
(d) That Alicia wrote the letter.
3. While Sir Geoffrey is away in Chapter 4, who should Kate answer to?
(a) Master John.
(d) Old Dorothy.
4. Who is Christopher?
(a) Sir Geoffrey's brother.
(b) Old Dorothy's nephew.
(c) Master John's son.
(d) Sir Geoffrey's apprentice.
5. What does the stranger fear after asking Sir Geoffrey for a few things in Chapter 2?
(a) That he will turn her in to the authorities.
(b) She fears that he might say no to her requests.
(c) She fears that she has been impertinent.
(d) That he will lock her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate get to Sir Geoffrey's estate?
2. Who was Anne Warden?
3. What is the title of Chapter 1?
4. What does the singer tell Kate to be careful not to do in Chapter 2?
5. Who is being held hostage by the Fairy Folk in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alicia ignore in Chapter 1?
2. What difference of opinion do Kate and Alicia have in Chapter 1?
3. What does Kate tell Christopher about at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What story about a slipper does Randal tell in Chapter 6?
5. Who is Master John?
6. Who is Blanche Parry?
7. What does Kate try to convince herself of at the end of her journey in Chapter 3?
8. How does Christopher react to the slipper in Chapter 6?
9. What does Old Dorothy tell Kate about why so many people pass through the courtyard in Chapter 4?
10. What does Christopher remind Kate about the letter in Chapter 6?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)