|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the journey very tedious for Kate in Chapter 2?
(a) Sir Geoffrey's ranting.
(b) She has no idea how long the journey is.
(c) The cold weather.
(d) The repetitive scenery.
2. Who is the author of the novel "The Perilous Gard"?
(a) Anne Seton.
(b) Elizabeth Marie Pope.
(c) Elizabeth Gaskell.
(d) Jane Austen.
3. Where does Christopher stay when Sir Geoffrey is away?
(a) The leper's hut.
(b) At one of the servant's cottages.
(c) In Sir Geoffrey's private chambers.
(d) In an outbuilding.
4. What does Kate ask Christopher to tell her about in Chapter 6?
(a) His first love.
(b) Cecily's disappearance.
(c) Sir Geoffrey's marriage.
(d) His childhood.
5. What does Kate tell Christopher about in Chapter 6?
(a) How she is treated badly by Old Dorothy.
(b) Princess Elizabeth.
(c) Her sister.
(d) What she knows about the lady in green and the Fairy Folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate note about the singer when she hears singing in Chapter 2?
2. Why might others get suspicious if Kate does not return to where she came from in Chapter 6?
3. What does Kate note of the courtyard in Chapter 3?
4. Who is Master John?
5. Who will take the letter for Kate in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Master Roger say about Perilous Gard in Chapter 1?
2. What is Kate's punishment for the letter in Chapter 1?
3. Who is Old Dorothy?
4. What does a stranger tell Sir Geoffrey she would like in Chapter 2?
5. What does Kate promise Christopher that she will avoid doing in Chapter 6?
6. What difference of opinion do Kate and Alicia have in Chapter 1?
7. What does Old Dorothy tell Kate about why so many people pass through the courtyard in Chapter 4?
8. What story about a slipper does Randal tell in Chapter 6?
9. What does Kate see and do when she notices a gate open in Chapter 4?
10. How does Christopher react to the slipper in Chapter 6?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)