|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Randal fear that Kate will not be welcome by the villagers in Chapter 12?
(a) She is too smart for them.
(b) She is not from the countryside.
(c) She carries herself like a member of the Fairy Folk.
(d) She is aligned with the princess.
2. What does Kate sleep on at the end of Chapter 8?
(b) Velvet bedding.
(c) An old quilt.
3. What does Master John tell Kate to do when the creature is gone in Chapter 7?
(a) Come out of her hiding spot.
(b) Run away.
(c) Run after the creature.
(d) Close her eyes.
4. What physical fear does Gwenhyfara reveal that the humans have in Chapter 9?
(a) The fear of the weight of the mountain above them.
(b) The fear of never seeing their families again.
(c) The fear of never reproducing.
(d) The fear of running out of oxygen.
5. What happened when Randal and Sir Geoffrey were on their way home in Chapter 12?
(a) Sir Geoffrey struck his head.
(b) Sir Geoffrey was robbed.
(c) Sir Geoffrey took a wrong turn.
(d) Randal was attacked.
6. According to Master John, how will Cecily's reappearance be explained to Sir Geoffrey?
(a) Cecily was hiding at a nearby cottage.
(b) Cecily was living with an elderly widow in the next town over.
(c) Cecily had wandered onto a fishing boat.
(d) By the time he returns, her words will just be the ramblings of a child and the truth will not be sought.
7. What does Kate do when she knows she won't be needed in Chapter 9?
(a) She naps.
(b) She sneaks away from her room.
(c) She writes letters.
(d) She steals food.
8. What does Kate realize of the Lady in Green when she first sees her in Chapter 8?
(a) That she is accustomed to making decisions and being in command.
(b) She looks much younger than her actual age.
(c) She is a sickly fairy.
(d) She is scared of Kate and other humans.
9. What deal has Christopher made with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
(a) To serve them for ten years.
(b) To maintain the estate better.
(c) To pay a fine for Cecily's freedom.
(d) His life in return for Cecily's.
10. What does a young boy tell Kate to do when he catches her in Chapter 11?
(a) Pray with him.
(b) Join the group.
(d) Give him her necklace.
11. When is Christopher to be killed?
(a) In one week.
(b) Any day now.
(c) By the end of the month.
(d) On All Hallows Eve.
12. What is obvious about the other girls with Kate in Chapter 9?
(a) They are her enemies.
(b) They are angry and depressed.
(c) They are drugged.
(d) They are happy to be there.
13. Who is the letter Kate gives Randal in Chapter 8 meant for?
(a) Old Dorothy.
(b) Master John.
(c) Sir Geoffrey.
14. What are the cooks required to do as part of the protocol of the house as explained in Chapter 7?
(a) Taste the food first.
(b) Offer all the food to Kate before eating it themselves.
(c) Cook everything at a certain temperature.
(d) Throw out all uneaten food.
15. For how long is Kate expected to go to sleep for in Chapter 9?
(a) Seven hours exactly.
(b) An hour or two.
(c) She is to have a short nap.
(d) Until she is needed again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate ask Christopher about to try to reach him through his haze in Chapter 12?
2. How do the human servants feel when they wake up in Chapter 9?
3. How does Old Dorothy react to seeing Cecily in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Master John insist he is not in Chapter 7?
5. Why is Old Dorothy angry at Kate at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)