|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Master John tell Sir Geoffrey about Christopher's disappearance?
(a) That he distrusts Sir Geoffrey and could no longer live near him.
(b) That he fell in love and moved to America.
(c) That he joined the navy.
(d) That when Cecily returned, Christopher left instead of facing Sir Geoffrey.
2. What interests the human servants besides sleeping and doing their chores?
3. What is Kate committed to doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Improving her cleaning skills.
(b) Rescuing the human servants.
(c) Not taking the drugs.
(d) Making her new life enjoyable.
4. What is Christopher's dream?
(a) Establishing a farm on some swamp land.
(b) Marrying a member of the Fairy Folk.
(c) Moving ot London and opening a shop.
(d) Building a house on undiscovered land.
5. Where has Cecily been taken in Chapter 13?
(a) To the Fairy Folk`s headquarters.
(b) To a boarding school.
(c) To the village.
(d) To her aunt's home.
6. Who leads Kate and the other human servants back to the chamber after they are done their chores in Chapter 9?
(b) A young boy.
(d) The Lady in Green.
7. How does Old Dorothy react to seeing Cecily in Chapter 7?
(a) She regrets blaming Christopher.
(b) She is disappointed.
(c) She drops everything and prays.
(d) She is shocked and finds it hard to breath.
8. According to the Lady in Green, what is the only way for the Fairy Folk to gain strength?
(a) To live amongst the trees.
(b) Drinking a special elixir.
(c) To spend many hours in darkness.
(d) Taking life.
9. In what condition are the people at the castle in Chapter 12?
(a) They are in an enchanted sleep.
(b) They have not eaten in weeks.
(c) They are more productive than ever.
(d) They are drugged but still walking and talking.
10. What is inside the chest in Chapter 9?
(a) Letters written by humans trying to escape.
(b) Bandages and ointments.
(c) Clean linens, soap and other supplies.
(d) Creams used for youthful-looking skin.
11. How do the girls react when Kate introduces herself in Chapter 9?
(a) They are overjoyed to see a new face.
(b) They are curious about where she came from.
(c) They are disgusted by Kate`s appearance.
(d) They have no interest in her.
12. What does a member of the Fairy Folk tell Kate there is no need for in Chapter 9?
(a) Her old memories.
(b) Smiling or laughing.
(c) To know the names of any of the Fairy Folk.
(d) To practice personal hygiene.
13. What does Master John want the Lady in Green to do to Kate?
(a) Place her under a spell.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Erase her memory.
(d) Silence her by cutting off her tongue.
14. Why does Christopher still have some hope as of Chapter 10?
(a) The Fairy Folk always listen to reason.
(b) Randal is on his way to see Sir Geoffrey.
(c) One of the Fairy Folk has a crush on him.
(d) Christopher is larger than the Fairy Folk and might be able to overtake them.
15. What is not observed where Kate is in Chapter 9?
(a) Meal time.
(b) Morning or night.
(d) Personal hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What will Kate be taught in Chapter 11?
3. Why are the Fairy Folk enraged in Chapter 12?
4. What does Kate note of the drink she is given in Chapter 11?
5. Who gives the servants a drink from a cup in Chapter 9?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)