|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Master John tell Kate he will do if she does not obey him in Chapter 7?
(a) He will pretend she never existed.
(b) He will have her whipped.
(c) He will send the servants to get her.
(d) He will hurt Christopher.
2. What does the Lady in Green tell Kate she will be allowed to have in Chapter 11?
(a) A bed.
(b) A cookie.
(c) Some paper and a pen.
(d) A light.
3. What physical fear does Gwenhyfara reveal that the humans have in Chapter 9?
(a) The fear of the weight of the mountain above them.
(b) The fear of never reproducing.
(c) The fear of running out of oxygen.
(d) The fear of never seeing their families again.
4. What does Kate feel after walking through the waterfall in Chapter 11?
(a) Cold and confused.
(b) Like she is naked.
(c) The weight of the mountain being lifted from her shoulders.
(d) Fearful of what is to come.
5. How many women are in the great hall in Chapter 9?
6. What deal has Christopher made with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
(a) His life in return for Cecily's.
(b) To serve them for ten years.
(c) To maintain the estate better.
(d) To pay a fine for Cecily's freedom.
7. What time is it when Kate meets up with Randal in Chapter 12?
(b) Around nine o`clock PM.
(c) Almost midnight.
(d) About ten at night.
8. Who does Christopher call out to as Kate hides in Chapter 7?
(a) Master John.
(b) Sir Geoffrey.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Old Dorothy.
9. Who is the letter Kate gives Randal in Chapter 8 meant for?
(a) Master John.
(b) Old Dorothy.
(d) Sir Geoffrey.
10. How do the human servants feel when they wake up in Chapter 9?
(a) They are refreshed.
(b) They are agitated.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are confused.
11. What does Master John want the Lady in Green to do to Kate?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Erase her memory.
(c) Silence her by cutting off her tongue.
(d) Place her under a spell.
12. According to Master John, until when is Christopher being kept quiet in Chapter 7?
(a) "Until he gives them answers".
(b) "Until he dies".
(c) "Until the new moon".
(d) "Until they can be sure of him".
13. What does Kate tell Old Dorothy at the beginning of Chapter 7 to try and pacify her?
(a) That she will pay for any damages.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) That she helped to rescue a little boy.
(d) That she hurt herself.
14. How is Kate awakened in Chapter 9?
(a) A light is shone in her eyes.
(b) By the call of a rooster.
(c) Someone pulls her off the floor and slaps her.
(d) By a bell ringing in her ear.
15. What does Kate beg Christopher to tell her in Chapter 7?
(a) What he thinks of her.
(b) How to run away successfully.
(c) His middle name.
(d) His plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate sleep on at the end of Chapter 8?
2. Why is Kate angry at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. When is Christopher to be killed?
4. What does Sir Geoffrey think is the reason that Master John stole Cecily away?
5. What does Kate search for after dinner in Chapter 7?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)