|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Lady in Green offer Kate in Chapter 8?
(b) Some chocolates.
(c) A new green dress.
(d) A drug.
2. How does Old Dorothy react to seeing Cecily in Chapter 7?
(a) She is shocked and finds it hard to breath.
(b) She drops everything and prays.
(c) She is disappointed.
(d) She regrets blaming Christopher.
3. Why does Kate consider destroying her room in Chapter 8?
(a) To hide evidence.
(b) To alarm Master John.
(c) To attract Christopher's attention.
(d) To make it appear that there was a struggle.
4. How does Christopher describe the house in his dream?
(a) It is very unique and like no other house.
(b) It is a wreck.
(c) It is a simple cabin.
(d) It is a mansion.
5. Why is Old Dorothy angry at Kate at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Kate is all muddy.
(b) Kate drops a valuable dish and it breaks.
(c) Kate cries for no apparent reason.
(d) Kate talks back to Old Dorothy.
6. What does Master John tell Kate to do when the creature is gone in Chapter 7?
(a) Close her eyes.
(b) Run after the creature.
(c) Run away.
(d) Come out of her hiding spot.
7. What does the Lady in Green want spared in Chapter 13?
(a) The dancing tree.
(b) The holy well.
(c) The weeping willow.
(d) The golden flower.
8. How do the girls react when Kate introduces herself in Chapter 9?
(a) They are curious about where she came from.
(b) They are disgusted by Kate`s appearance.
(c) They have no interest in her.
(d) They are overjoyed to see a new face.
9. What is Kate committed to doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Making her new life enjoyable.
(b) Improving her cleaning skills.
(c) Not taking the drugs.
(d) Rescuing the human servants.
10. Where does Kate follow Christopher in Chapter 7?
(a) The forest.
(b) The attic.
(c) The village.
(d) To the holy well.
11. What does Master John want the Lady in Green to do to Kate?
(a) Erase her memory.
(b) Place her under a spell.
(c) Silence her by cutting off her tongue.
(d) Kill her.
12. What are the women in the great hall wearing in Chapter 9?
(a) They are dressed in green.
(b) They are dressed in light blue.
(c) They are dressed in yellow.
(d) They are dressed in mauve.
13. What does Kate note of the drink she is given in Chapter 11?
(a) The sweet taste of flowers and spice.
(b) It is clumpy and very cold.
(c) It has a grainy texture to it.
(d) It tastes like sweetened milk.
14. Where does Kate find herself after walking through a waterfall in Chapter 11?
(a) In the thick of the forest.
(b) The castle.
(c) The open air.
(d) Swimming in a lake.
15. What do Christopher and Kate hear while talking at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) A snake hissing.
(b) A woman shrieking.
(c) Children singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate think there is nothing to fear from the Fairy Folk as of Chapter 13?
2. According to Gwenhyfara, what are the Fairy Folk able to do because they are in tune with nature?
3. What is obvious about the other girls with Kate in Chapter 9?
4. What is not observed where Kate is in Chapter 9?
5. What time is it when Kate meets up with Randal in Chapter 12?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)