|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate beg Christopher to tell her in Chapter 7?
(a) His plan.
(b) How to run away successfully.
(c) His middle name.
(d) What he thinks of her.
2. Why are the Fairy Folk enraged in Chapter 12?
(a) Christopher seems to be unwilling to pay the teind quietly.
(b) Christopher has tricked them.
(c) The weather is not cooperating.
(d) Kate has sent word to the villagers about what they plan to do.
3. What does Kate hear Christopher whispering for in Chapter 9?
(b) Someone to give him answers.
4. What is Kate to call the girl responsible for waking Kate in Chapter 9?
5. Who gives the servants a drink from a cup in Chapter 9?
(a) A small creature dressed in black.
(c) The Lady in Green.
(d) A blonde and freckled child.
6. How does Old Dorothy react to seeing Cecily in Chapter 7?
(a) She drops everything and prays.
(b) She is shocked and finds it hard to breath.
(c) She regrets blaming Christopher.
(d) She is disappointed.
7. What time is it when Kate meets up with Randal in Chapter 12?
(a) Around nine o`clock PM.
(b) About ten at night.
(c) Almost midnight.
8. What does Kate sleep on at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) An old quilt.
(b) Velvet bedding.
9. What deal has Christopher made with the Fairy Folk in Chapter 7?
(a) His life in return for Cecily's.
(b) To maintain the estate better.
(c) To serve them for ten years.
(d) To pay a fine for Cecily's freedom.
10. What does Master John tell Kate to do when the creature is gone in Chapter 7?
(a) Close her eyes.
(b) Run after the creature.
(c) Run away.
(d) Come out of her hiding spot.
11. Why does Christopher still have some hope as of Chapter 10?
(a) One of the Fairy Folk has a crush on him.
(b) Randal is on his way to see Sir Geoffrey.
(c) Christopher is larger than the Fairy Folk and might be able to overtake them.
(d) The Fairy Folk always listen to reason.
12. What are the women in the great hall wearing in Chapter 9?
(a) They are dressed in green.
(b) They are dressed in yellow.
(c) They are dressed in mauve.
(d) They are dressed in light blue.
13. What does the Lady in Green tell Kate she will do to anyone that tries to rescue her in Chapter 10?
(a) She will cut off their feet.
(b) She will kill them.
(c) She will turn them into stone.
(d) She will make them her slaves.
14. Who does Christopher call out to as Kate hides in Chapter 7?
(a) Master John.
(b) Sir Geoffrey.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Old Dorothy.
15. How is Kate able to give a letter to Randal in Chapter 8?
(a) With Old Dorothy's help.
(b) Through an open window.
(c) Under the door.
(d) Through a vent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Christopher gone in Chapter 13?
2. Where does Kate find herself after walking through a waterfall in Chapter 11?
3. How was Sir Geoffrey injured in Chapter 12?
4. How does Christopher describe the house in his dream?
5. What does the Lady in Green tell Kate she will be allowed to have in Chapter 11?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)