|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kate going to write a letter to at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Geoffrey.
(c) The Lady in Green.
2. What does Kate note of the courtyard in Chapter 3?
(a) It is the largest she has seen.
(b) There are a number of strange characters hanging out there.
(c) It is falling apart.
(d) It is somewhat like Master Roger had described.
3. Who is being held hostage by the Fairy Folk in Chapter 6?
(b) Sir Geoffrey.
4. What conclusion does Kate come to regarding Sir Geoffrey in Chapter 6?
(a) He is not willing to take care of the Fairy Folk.
(b) He loves the Fairy Folk.
(c) He is afraid of hte Fairy Folk.
(d) He abhores the Fairy Folk.
5. What does Alicia tell Kate to do as a 'true sister' in Chapter 1?
(a) Tell Alicia a secret.
(b) Claim that Kate herself wrote the letter.
(c) Find her a boyfriend.
(d) Write a letter for her.
6. What does Christopher accuse Kate of in Chapter 4?
(a) Knowing what happened to Cecily.
(b) Falling in love with him.
(c) Lying to him about Sir Geoffrey's whereabouts.
(d) Spying on him.
7. What makes the journey very tedious for Kate in Chapter 2?
(a) She has no idea how long the journey is.
(b) The repetitive scenery.
(c) Sir Geoffrey's ranting.
(d) The cold weather.
8. Where is Kate surprised to see Christopher in Chapter 4?
(a) In a field.
(b) In a small hut.
(c) In a cave.
(d) By the ocean.
9. Who might get suspicious if Kate does not return to where she came from in Chapter 6?
(a) Princess Elizabeth.
(b) Master John and Old Dorothy.
(c) Her father and sister.
(d) Sir Geoffrey.
10. What does Kate urge the recipient of her letter in Chapter 6?
(a) To spy on the Fairy Folk.
(b) To return Cecily straight away.
(c) To run far away.
(d) To return to the estate as soon as possible.
11. How long do Christopher and Kate believe they have for their time frame in Chapter 6?
(a) Three days or so.
(b) One week.
(c) Until the lilies die.
(d) Until All Hallows Eve.
12. What is Christopher wearing in Chapter 4?
(a) A formal suit.
(c) Undergarments with boots.
(d) A ragged shepherd's outfit.
13. What does Sir Geoffrey tell Kate she cannot do in Chapter 3?
(a) Read novels.
(b) Sing or dance.
(d) Send or receive letters.
14. What was the name of the game that Cecily liked to play?
(a) "Cecily is pretty".
(b) "Cecily is silly".
(c) "Cecily is dizzy".
(d) "Cecily is lost".
15. Why does Alicia begin to cry in Chapter 1?
(a) She is happy to see her father.
(b) She is upset to see the Queen.
(c) She believes she is to be executed.
(d) Because Prince Edward is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate have trouble thinking coherently in Chapter 3?
2. What does Kate refuse to do in Chapter 1?
3. What does Kate ask Christopher in regards to the tales about the well in Chapter 6?
4. What happens to the person or thing that Kate sees along the edge of the trees when she looks again in Chapter 2?
5. Who was Anne Warden?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)