|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kate and Christopher hear in Chapter 6?
(a) Randal singing a ballad.
(b) Someone crying in the distance.
(c) A little girl laughing.
(d) Church bells.
2. Where does Christopher stay when Sir Geoffrey is away?
(a) At one of the servant's cottages.
(b) In an outbuilding.
(c) In Sir Geoffrey's private chambers.
(d) The leper's hut.
3. What disrupts Kate's journey in Chapter 2?
(a) When Sir Geoffrey pulls over and helps someone with their cart.
(b) A sudden downpour.
(c) A band of thieves stops her along the way.
(d) She becomes ill.
4. How does Kate get to Sir Geoffrey's estate?
(a) On a bicycle.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) She walks.
5. What does Kate refuse to do in Chapter 1?
(a) Take any blame for writing the letter.
(b) Tell Alicia a secret.
(c) Find Alicia a boyfriend.
(d) Write a letter for her.
6. Who was Anne Warden?
(a) Kate's mother.
(b) Christopher's first love.
(c) Cecily's sister.
(d) Sir Geoffrey's wife.
7. Where is Kate surprised to see Christopher in Chapter 4?
(a) In a small hut.
(b) By the ocean.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a field.
8. Who will take the letter for Kate in Chapter 6?
(b) Old Dorothy.
(d) Sir Geoffrey.
9. Who is Master Roger?
(a) Blanche's son.
(b) Kate's uncle.
(c) The teacher.
(d) A distant relative of the Queen.
10. Who interrupts Kate and Old Dorothy while Old Dorothy is telling Kate about the estate and its people in Chapter 3?
(a) Master John.
(c) Sir Geoffrey.
11. What is the name of the singer in Chapter 2?
12. What does Kate hope when she arrives at the leper's hut in Chapter 6?
(a) That she will be able to help the others.
(b) That she will find her kitten.
(c) That Old Dorothy will not find her.
(d) That Christopher isn't avoiding her.
13. What is Christopher wearing in Chapter 4?
(a) A ragged shepherd's outfit.
(c) Undergarments with boots.
(d) A formal suit.
14. Why do people go on pilgrimages to the holy well in Chapter 4?
(a) To meet the Fairy Folk.
(b) They believe a saint died near that spot.
(c) To exercise.
(d) In hopes of healing their illness and ailments.
15. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) The True Sister.
(b) The Nice Sister.
(c) The Forgotten Sister.
(d) The Rebellious Sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate observe while taking a tour in Chapter 3?
2. What is Alicia not surprised at in Chapter 1?
3. What does Kate not really want to know in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Sir Geoffrey live?
5. Why might others get suspicious if Kate does not return to where she came from in Chapter 6?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)