|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might others get suspicious if Kate does not return to where she came from in Chapter 6?
(a) Because she loves it there.
(b) Because she is not one to run away.
(c) Because Perilous Gard always has strange occurrences take place.
(d) Because of her absence.
2. What does the Queen blame Kate for in Chapter 1?
(a) Having a daliance with a married man.
(b) Writing the letter.
(c) Corrupting Alicia's mind.
(d) Not keeping the household more comfortable.
3. Despite worrying about the timing in their world in Chapter 6, what do Christopher and Kate decide?
(a) They should wait and see if a clearer answer comes about.
(b) The Fairy Folk will retaliate no matter what they do.
(c) They will recalculate the timing tomorrow.
(d) The timing in their world is the only measurement they have.
4. What does Christopher recognize as Cecily's in Chapter 6?
(a) The slipper of a shoe.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) Her bonnet.
(d) Her necklace.
5. What do Kate and Christopher hear in Chapter 6?
(a) Someone crying in the distance.
(b) Randal singing a ballad.
(c) A little girl laughing.
(d) Church bells.
6. What is Alicia not surprised at in Chapter 1?
(a) That the Queen is not angry with her.
(b) That the Queen is angry at Kate.
(c) That Kate will not do as Alicia asks.
(d) That Blanche is ill.
7. Who might get suspicious if Kate does not return to where she came from in Chapter 6?
(a) Princess Elizabeth.
(b) Her father and sister.
(c) Sir Geoffrey.
(d) Master John and Old Dorothy.
8. What is the nickname of the singer in Chapter 2?
(a) "The weeper".
(b) "The harper".
(c) "The wanderer".
(d) "The angel".
9. What does Kate note about the singer when she hears singing in Chapter 2?
(a) The singer sounds sad.
(b) The singer has a good voice.
(c) The singer sings very loudly.
(d) The singer is not very good at singing.
10. Who was Anne Warden?
(a) Christopher's first love.
(b) Sir Geoffrey's wife.
(c) Cecily's sister.
(d) Kate's mother.
11. What does Alicia tell Kate to do as a 'true sister' in Chapter 1?
(a) Find her a boyfriend.
(b) Write a letter for her.
(c) Tell Alicia a secret.
(d) Claim that Kate herself wrote the letter.
12. What three ways "in" does the singer mention in Chapter 2?
(a) Down the hill, Under the house and by the sea.
(b) In the cave, above the chimney and through the back door.
(c) Across the stream, below the weeping willow and beside the shack.
(d) Through the tower, by the well and near a particular tree.
13. Who is Linda?
(a) Christopher's first love.
(b) Sir Geoffrey's niece.
(c) Christopher's sister.
(d) Anne's sister.
14. Why does Kate go to the leper's hut in Chapter 6?
(a) To find her kitten.
(b) To hide from Old Dorothy.
(c) To feed the lepers.
(d) To find Christopher.
15. What does Alicia's letter complain about in Chapter 1?
(a) Her lack of social life.
(b) Living conditions.
(c) The weather.
(d) Queen Mary's political policies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Dorothy think happened to Cecily?
2. How does Kate feel at the estate in Chapter 4?
3. Who is Blanche Perry?
4. Who is Kate going to write a letter to at the end of Chapter 6?
5. Where does Christopher tell Kate to return to in Chapter 6?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)