|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom are Alicia and Kate ladies-in-waiting?
(a) Princess Elizabeth.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Queen Mary.
(d) Queen Victoria.
2. What must Kate do with her instructions for the letter in Chapter 6?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Keep them simple.
(c) Whisper them and do not put them in writing.
(d) Make them very detailed.
3. Who is Master Roger?
(a) Blanche's son.
(b) Kate's uncle.
(c) The teacher.
(d) A distant relative of the Queen.
4. What is Kate's punishment in Chapter 1?
(a) She is to lose some of her priviledges.
(b) She is to be locked away.
(c) She is to be exiled.
(d) She is to be executed.
5. What does Kate see along the edge of the trees in Chapter 2?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A deer.
(c) A woman.
(d) A child.
6. What is the nickname of the singer in Chapter 2?
(a) "The angel".
(b) "The weeper".
(c) "The harper".
(d) "The wanderer".
7. Where does Sir Geoffrey live?
(a) A cottage called Perilous Gard.
(b) An estate called Perilous Gard.
(c) A small bungalow called Perilous Gard.
(d) A farm called Perilous Gard.
8. What does Christopher accuse Kate of in Chapter 4?
(a) Falling in love with him.
(b) Spying on him.
(c) Knowing what happened to Cecily.
(d) Lying to him about Sir Geoffrey's whereabouts.
9. What does Kate tell Christopher about in Chapter 6?
(a) Her sister.
(b) What she knows about the lady in green and the Fairy Folk.
(c) Princess Elizabeth.
(d) How she is treated badly by Old Dorothy.
10. Who is Christopher?
(a) Old Dorothy's nephew.
(b) Master John's son.
(c) Sir Geoffrey's brother.
(d) Sir Geoffrey's apprentice.
11. Who might get suspicious if Kate does not return to where she came from in Chapter 6?
(a) Princess Elizabeth.
(b) Sir Geoffrey.
(c) Master John and Old Dorothy.
(d) Her father and sister.
12. What happens to the person or thing that Kate sees along the edge of the trees when she looks again in Chapter 2?
(a) The child disappears.
(b) The woman disappears.
(c) The deer disappears.
(d) The rabbit disappears.
13. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) The True Sister.
(b) The Forgotten Sister.
(c) The Rebellious Sister.
(d) The Nice Sister.
14. What has the estate recently suffered as of Chapter 6?
(a) A fire in the kitchen.
(b) A flood in the cellar.
(c) A plague amongst the farm animals.
(d) A harvest failure.
15. Who is Blanche Perry?
(a) Princess Elizabeth's aunt.
(b) A famous female poet.
(c) A servant of the princess'.
(d) Kate's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Randal go some nights?
2. What did Anne never try to teach Sir Geoffrey about?
3. What does Old Dorothy think happened to Cecily?
4. What does the singer tell Kate to be careful not to do in Chapter 2?
5. What does the Queen find hard to believe in Chapter 1?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)