Short Answer Key
Chapters 1 and 2
1. Who is the author of the novel "The Perilous Gard"?
Elizabeth Marie Pope.
2. What is the title of Chapter 1?
The True Sister.
3. What is Kate and Alicia's last name?
4. What does Alicia's letter complain about in Chapter 1?
5. For whom are Alicia and Kate ladies-in-waiting?
6. What does Kate think of Alicia's letter?
She thinks Alicia can get in trouble for writing it.
7. What does Alicia tell Kate to do as a 'true sister' in Chapter 1?
Claim that Kate herself wrote the letter.
8. What does Kate refuse to do in Chapter 1?
Take any blame for writing the letter.
9. Who is Blanche Perry?
A servant of the princess'.
10. Who arrives from London in Chapter 1?
11. Why does Alicia begin to cry in Chapter 1?
This section contains 2,881 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)