|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kate going to write a letter to at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Sir Geoffrey.
(b) The Lady in Green.
2. Why do people go on pilgrimages to the holy well in Chapter 4?
(a) To meet the Fairy Folk.
(b) To exercise.
(c) They believe a saint died near that spot.
(d) In hopes of healing their illness and ailments.
3. What does Alicia's letter complain about in Chapter 1?
(a) The weather.
(b) Her lack of social life.
(c) Living conditions.
(d) Queen Mary's political policies.
4. Who is the author of the novel "The Perilous Gard"?
(a) Anne Seton.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Elizabeth Gaskell.
(d) Elizabeth Marie Pope.
5. What does Kate ask Christopher in regards to the tales about the well in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether he has ever wondered if there is any truth to the tales.
(b) If anyone has ever written the tales down.
(c) Whether or not he has met the Fairy Folk.
(d) If he knows how they originated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate tell Old Dorothy at the beginning of Chapter 7 to try and pacify her?
2. What does Kate beg Christopher to tell her in Chapter 7?
3. What does the Lady in Green plan to do with Kate as of Chapter 8?
4. What does Master John tell Kate to do when the creature is gone in Chapter 7?
5. Despite worrying about the timing in their world in Chapter 6, what do Christopher and Kate decide?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)