|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the singer tell Kate to be careful not to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Not to "smile at strangers".
(b) Not to "eat the purple stuff".
(c) Not to "step on the grass".
(d) Not to get lost "like the other girl".
2. What does Kate see past the open gate in Chapter 4?
(a) A deer.
(b) A large gorge surrounded by high cliffs.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) Some travelling performers.
3. Why might others get suspicious if Kate does not return to where she came from in Chapter 6?
(a) Because Perilous Gard always has strange occurrences take place.
(b) Because she loves it there.
(c) Because she is not one to run away.
(d) Because of her absence.
4. What does the Queen find hard to believe in Chapter 1?
(a) That the air is fresher in the country.
(b) That Kate is still unmarried.
(c) That Princess Elizabeth is happy.
(d) That Alicia wrote the letter.
5. What has the estate recently suffered as of Chapter 6?
(a) A harvest failure.
(b) A plague amongst the farm animals.
(c) A fire in the kitchen.
(d) A flood in the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might get suspicious if Kate does not return to where she came from in Chapter 6?
2. Who is being held hostage by the Fairy Folk in Chapter 6?
3. What does Christopher accuse Kate of in Chapter 4?
4. What conclusion does Kate come to regarding Sir Geoffrey in Chapter 6?
5. What did a golden haired girl give Randal?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)