|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role has Sir Geoffrey not kept up as of Chapter 6?
(a) The village Lord.
(c) Father to Cecily.
(d) Caretaker of the estate.
2. What does Kate try to convince herself of in Chapter 3?
(a) That the child was playing a hiding game.
(b) That the mysterious woman at the edge of the woods was a neighbour.
(c) That the rabbit went down a nearby hole.
(d) That she didn't see a deer.
3. Who is Christopher?
(a) Sir Geoffrey's brother.
(b) Sir Geoffrey's apprentice.
(c) Old Dorothy's nephew.
(d) Master John's son.
4. What does Kate urge the recipient of her letter in Chapter 6?
(a) To run far away.
(b) To return Cecily straight away.
(c) To spy on the Fairy Folk.
(d) To return to the estate as soon as possible.
5. Why do people go on pilgrimages to the holy well in Chapter 4?
(a) To exercise.
(b) In hopes of healing their illness and ailments.
(c) They believe a saint died near that spot.
(d) To meet the Fairy Folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alicia's letter complain about in Chapter 1?
2. What does the Queen blame Kate for in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the author of the novel "The Perilous Gard"?
4. What has the estate recently suffered as of Chapter 6?
5. What does Kate hope when she arrives at the leper's hut in Chapter 6?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)