|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate and Alicia's last name?
2. Who interrupts Kate and Old Dorothy while Old Dorothy is telling Kate about the estate and its people in Chapter 3?
(b) Sir Geoffrey.
(d) Master John.
3. What does Kate see along the edge of the trees in Chapter 2?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A deer.
(c) A woman.
(d) A child.
4. What three ways "in" does the singer mention in Chapter 2?
(a) Through the tower, by the well and near a particular tree.
(b) Across the stream, below the weeping willow and beside the shack.
(c) In the cave, above the chimney and through the back door.
(d) Down the hill, Under the house and by the sea.
5. What had Old Dorothy told Kate about Christopher that Kate reveals to him in Chapter 4?
(a) That he secretly loved Sir Geoffrey's late wife.
(b) That he fathered a bastard child.
(c) That he killed Cecily to gain the entire estate for himself.
(d) That he has a gambling problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen find hard to believe in Chapter 1?
2. Where is Kate surprised to see Christopher in Chapter 4?
3. What does Alicia's letter complain about in Chapter 1?
4. What makes the journey very tedious for Kate in Chapter 2?
5. How does Kate get to Sir Geoffrey's estate?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)