|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the singer thank Kate for in Chapter 2?
(a) A new pair of shoes.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(d) An orange.
2. What is Alicia not surprised at in Chapter 1?
(a) That Kate will not do as Alicia asks.
(b) That the Queen is not angry with her.
(c) That the Queen is angry at Kate.
(d) That Blanche is ill.
3. What does the stranger fear after asking Sir Geoffrey for a few things in Chapter 2?
(a) She fears that she has been impertinent.
(b) She fears that he might say no to her requests.
(c) That he will lock her away.
(d) That he will turn her in to the authorities.
4. What does the stranger ask Sir Geoffrey for in Chapter 2?
(a) A change of clothing and some morning tea and biscuits.
(b) A ride to the nearest village and some money for the tavern.
(c) Permission to spend the night in his barn or stables and a new pair of slippers.
(d) A roof, a warm fire, dry clothing, a soft bed and a roast chicken.
5. How does Kate get to Sir Geoffrey's estate?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On a bicycle.
(d) She walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Master Roger?
2. What does Kate note about the singer when she hears singing in Chapter 2?
3. What does Kate refuse to do in Chapter 1?
4. What happens to the person or thing that Kate sees along the edge of the trees when she looks again in Chapter 2?
5. What is Kate and Alicia's last name?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)