|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate get to Sir Geoffrey's estate?
(a) On a bicycle.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) She walks.
2. Who is the author of the novel "The Perilous Gard"?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Elizabeth Gaskell.
(c) Anne Seton.
(d) Elizabeth Marie Pope.
3. Where does Sir Geoffrey live?
(a) An estate called Perilous Gard.
(b) A farm called Perilous Gard.
(c) A small bungalow called Perilous Gard.
(d) A cottage called Perilous Gard.
4. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) The Rebellious Sister.
(b) The True Sister.
(c) The Nice Sister.
(d) The Forgotten Sister.
5. Why does Alicia begin to cry in Chapter 1?
(a) She is happy to see her father.
(b) Because Prince Edward is ill.
(c) She believes she is to be executed.
(d) She is upset to see the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate note about the singer when she hears singing in Chapter 2?
2. What does Alicia's letter complain about in Chapter 1?
3. What does the Queen blame Kate for in Chapter 1?
4. Who arrives from London in Chapter 1?
5. What is Alicia not surprised at in Chapter 1?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)