|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate note about the singer when she hears singing in Chapter 2?
(a) The singer sounds sad.
(b) The singer has a good voice.
(c) The singer is not very good at singing.
(d) The singer sings very loudly.
2. What does the stranger fear after asking Sir Geoffrey for a few things in Chapter 2?
(a) That he will lock her away.
(b) She fears that he might say no to her requests.
(c) She fears that she has been impertinent.
(d) That he will turn her in to the authorities.
3. Who is Old Dorothy?
(a) The nurse of Sir Geoffrey's late wife.
(b) Sir Geoffrey's great-aunt.
(c) Cecily's tutor.
(d) Sir Geoffrey's sister.
4. What was the name of the game that Cecily liked to play?
(a) "Cecily is silly".
(b) "Cecily is lost".
(c) "Cecily is dizzy".
(d) "Cecily is pretty".
5. How does Christopher describe Anne in Chapter 4?
(a) As mean and cold-hearted.
(b) As beautiful and caring.
(c) As pensive and intelligent.
(d) As sickly and often afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Kate and Old Dorothy while Old Dorothy is telling Kate about the estate and its people in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the singer in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Alicia begin to cry in Chapter 1?
4. What had Old Dorothy told Kate about Christopher that Kate reveals to him in Chapter 4?
5. What does Kate note of the person or thing she sees in Chapter 3?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)