Chapters 1 and 2
1. Who is the author of the novel "The Perilous Gard"?
(a) Elizabeth Marie Pope.
(b) Elizabeth Gaskell.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Anne Seton.
2. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) The Nice Sister.
(b) The Rebellious Sister.
(c) The Forgotten Sister.
(d) The True Sister.
3. What is Kate and Alicia's last name?
4. What does Alicia's letter complain about in Chapter 1?
(a) The weather.
(b) Her lack of social life.
(c) Living conditions.
(d) Queen Mary's political policies.
5. For whom are Alicia and Kate ladies-in-waiting?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Princess Elizabeth.
(c) Queen Mary.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
6. What does Kate think of Alicia's letter?
(a) She is surprised that Alicia could write so well.
(b) She thinks it is brilliant.
(c) She thinks Alicia can get in trouble for writing it.
(d) She doesn't understand what it means.
7. What does Alicia tell Kate to do as a 'true sister' in Chapter 1?
(a) Find her a boyfriend.
(b) Write a letter for her.
(c) Claim that Kate herself wrote the letter.
(d) Tell Alicia a secret.
This section contains 5,344 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)