1. Who is the author of the novel "The Perilous Gard"?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Elizabeth Gaskell.
(c) Elizabeth Marie Pope.
(d) Anne Seton.
2. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) The True Sister.
(b) The Nice Sister.
(c) The Forgotten Sister.
(d) The Rebellious Sister.
3. What is Kate and Alicia's last name?
4. What does Alicia's letter complain about in Chapter 1?
(a) Living conditions.
(b) Her lack of social life.
(c) Queen Mary's political policies.
(d) The weather.
5. For whom are Alicia and Kate ladies-in-waiting?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Queen Mary.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Princess Elizabeth.
6. What does Kate think of Alicia's letter?
(a) She is surprised that Alicia could write so well.
(b) She doesn't understand what it means.
(c) She thinks it is brilliant.
(d) She thinks Alicia can get in trouble for writing it.
7. What does Alicia tell Kate to do as a 'true sister' in Chapter 1?
(a) Claim that Kate herself wrote the letter.
(b) Write a letter for her.
(c) Find her a boyfriend.
(d) Tell Alicia a secret.
This section contains 5,344 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)