Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
2. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
3. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
4. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
5. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
Essay Topic 1
Saki used a lot of animals in his texts. Why do you believe Saki used so many animals? How do you believe he felt about them? What could the animals represent for Saki? Does Saki give a favorable impression of animals or not? Why? Support your thoughts.
Essay Topic 2
What do you believe was the purpose of presenting Saki's works as a collection? Did the stories work off of each other? Did the collection allow you to understand the texts better? In what ways do you believe messages were lost given the collection is presented as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Many of Saki's writings included some type of humor. Humor seemed to be a way for Saki to engage the reader in an otherwise mundane storyline. Find three examples of humor in a text that depended upon humor. Explain why the humor was necessary, what type of humor was used and what the result of the humor had on the text itself.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)