Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
2. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
3. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
4. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
5. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
Essay Topic 1
Many of Saki's texts seem to have an unbelievable or an outrageous meaning. Which of the stories did you find the most unbelievable or outrageous? Why? What, specifically, gave the story its outrageous storyline?
Essay Topic 2
Based upon the research and study of Saki and his works, what did you learn about Saki as a person? What did his writing allow you to divulge about him? What kind of person do you see him to be? What are his characteristics? What do you believe were his strengths? His weaknesses? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How did Saki's life translate into his writings? What personal attributes did he use to create his characters? Name and define at least three personal attributes and the parallel to the character.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)