Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
2. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
3. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
4. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
5. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
Saki used many literary techniques in his writing. Chose a literary technique that you believe was prevalent in many of the texts. Describe Saki's use of the technique in at least three of his stories. What is the technique? What was the story? How was it used?
The section titled "The Square Egg" showed a very different side of Saki. Why do you think that the writings from this section were so different from the other sections? How did the happenings in Saki's life at this point change his writing? What seemed to be his focus?
Based upon the research and study of Saki and his works, what did you learn about Saki as a person? What did his writing allow you to divulge about him? What kind of person do you see him to be? What are his characteristics? What do you believe were his strengths? His weaknesses? Why?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)