|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
2. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
3. What do Francesca's enemies know of her to lack?
4. At the end of "The Infernal Parliament," what letter does the Fiend state is missing?
5. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Saki seemed to disregard children. In many of the stories, Saki's attitude toward children seemed to one of disregard. Do you agree? Why? Do you disagree? Why? Be sure to include textual evidence to support your stand.
Essay Topic 2
What do you believe was the purpose of presenting Saki's works as a collection? Did the stories work off of each other? Did the collection allow you to understand the texts better? In what ways do you believe messages were lost given the collection is presented as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Write a new introduction to the collection. Reread the Introduction (written in 1967) and create a new introduction. Follow the main ideas that the introduction writer used. This essay should encompass short, focused thoughts on each of the texts in the collection - much like the current introduction. This essay is meant to focus on the problems, concerns and highlights of the text for you as the reader.
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)