|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Stronetz offer to Dimitri to speed his inevitable death?
2. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
3. What bird has the narrator never seen in the war-lands?
4. What is the name of the theater that both Comus and the author of "The Woman Who Wished it was Wednesday" were at?
5. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
Essay Topic 1
Many of Saki's writings included some type of humor. Humor seemed to be a way for Saki to engage the reader in an otherwise mundane storyline. Find three examples of humor in a text that depended upon humor. Explain why the humor was necessary, what type of humor was used and what the result of the humor had on the text itself.
Essay Topic 2
Write a new introduction to the collection. Reread the Introduction (written in 1967) and create a new introduction. Follow the main ideas that the introduction writer used. This essay should encompass short, focused thoughts on each of the texts in the collection - much like the current introduction. This essay is meant to focus on the problems, concerns and highlights of the text for you as the reader.
Essay Topic 3
None of the characters in the text were described in detail. Pieces of each character were given sporadically in a collaboration of different texts. Why do you think that Saki used this technique to create his characters? Support your hypothesis with at least three well-developed supporting statements
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)