|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
2. What does Dimitri do to Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz?
3. What was Francesca known as when she was younger?
4. Where, according to "The Square Egg," are the best eggs raised?
5. When Jane calls Lord Carrywood, what does he think she is offering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the poultry farmer say that he has done to solve the round problem of eggs?
2. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
3. What do some of the boys tell Lancelot Chetrof his punishment will be for missing football practice?
4. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
5. Why does Merla Blathington love Bond Street?
6. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
7. Why is Francesca considered "one of those women" that Fate had the best intentions for?
8. What does Dr. Stronetz do that spares Dimitri from being murdered? ("The Death Trap.")
9. What does Francesca pride herself on?
10. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The section titled "The Square Egg" showed a very different side of Saki. Why do you think that the writings from this section were so different from the other sections? How did the happenings in Saki's life at this point change his writing? What seemed to be his focus?
Essay Topic 2
Based upon the research and study of Saki and his works, what did you learn about Saki as a person? What did his writing allow you to divulge about him? What kind of person do you see him to be? What are his characteristics? What do you believe were his strengths? His weaknesses? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Write a full analysis on one of the texts. Imagine that you are writing the analysis for a newspaper or magazine article. Focus analysis on character, theme, literary devices, hidden meaning, etc.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)