|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lena Strudwarden wish to spend Easter?
2. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
3. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
4. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
5. Who has been made Governor of a West Indian dependency?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Reginald and Clovis. Are these the same character, just given different names? How are the characters similar? How are they different? How could they be seen as mirror-images or foils?
Essay Topic 2
Loss was a major theme in many of the texts. But, for Saki as the author, the feeling of loss did not seem to affect him (or his characters). Describe at least three texts that illustrate loss, the character's reaction to the loss, and how you believe Saki felt about loss.
Essay Topic 3
Write a full analysis on one of the texts. Imagine that you are writing the analysis for a newspaper or magazine article. Focus analysis on character, theme, literary devices, hidden meaning, etc.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)