|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
2. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
3. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
4. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
5. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
Essay Topic 1
The section titled "The Square Egg" showed a very different side of Saki. Why do you think that the writings from this section were so different from the other sections? How did the happenings in Saki's life at this point change his writing? What seemed to be his focus?
Essay Topic 2
Write a full analysis on one of the texts. Imagine that you are writing the analysis for a newspaper or magazine article. Focus analysis on character, theme, literary devices, hidden meaning, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters Reginald and Clovis. Are these the same character, just given different names? How are the characters similar? How are they different? How could they be seen as mirror-images or foils?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)