Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
2. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
3. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
4. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
5. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
Many of Saki's writings included some type of humor. Humor seemed to be a way for Saki to engage the reader in an otherwise mundane storyline. Find three examples of humor in a text that depended upon humor. Explain why the humor was necessary, what type of humor was used and what the result of the humor had on the text itself.
Based upon the texts, how do you think Saki felt about women? Do you think that he held very specific stereotypes regarding women? Do you think that he created female characters that were different from women in society during his time? What attributes did Saki give his female characters? Are these characteristics that are normally assigned to women?
Many people have believed that Saki placed himself in all, or many, of his texts as a main character. Create a hypothesis stating whether or not you believe Saki injected himself in his texts and what the purpose served for Saki. (Do you think that he was creating himself as the person he wished to be, the person he was, or as a mask?) Support your answer completely.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)