|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
2. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
3. According to the Baroness Gruebel , what will happen if someone is to die in the castle?
4. What kind of chickens does Merla Blathington's sister hatch?
5. What does Dimitri tell Stronetz to look out the window at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do some of the boys tell Lancelot Chetrof his punishment will be for missing football practice?
2. What does Dr. Stronetz do that spares Dimitri from being murdered? ("The Death Trap.")
3. What does the poultry farmer say that he has done to solve the round problem of eggs?
4. What does Francesca pride herself on?
5. Why is Dr. Stronetz worried about Dimitir staying in the castle? ("The Death Trap.")
6. What is the irony regarding Dr. Stronetz's plan to save Dimitri's life? ("The Death Trap.")
7. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
8. What does Saki say he will do about giving the poultry farmer a loan to get back his hens?
9. Why does Youghal state that he is not fond of Jews?
10. Why is Francesca considered "one of those women" that Fate had the best intentions for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a full analysis on one of the texts. Imagine that you are writing the analysis for a newspaper or magazine article. Focus analysis on character, theme, literary devices, hidden meaning, etc.
Essay Topic 2
How did Saki's life translate into his writings? What personal attributes did he use to create his characters? Name and define at least three personal attributes and the parallel to the character.
Essay Topic 3
Based upon the texts, how do you think Saki felt about women? Do you think that he held very specific stereotypes regarding women? Do you think that he created female characters that were different from women in society during his time? What attributes did Saki give his female characters? Are these characteristics that are normally assigned to women?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)