|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reginald accused of reading which leads to his lack of sense of moral proportion?
2. What kind of dog does Olga keep?
3. Which empire, according to Reginald, has problems with limits existing in the same place?
4. How many children does Emily have?
5. What was the Duchess preparing notes on to speak about at the Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clovis' idea for getting out of the sale of the Brogue?
2. What does Reginald state as the estimable qualities of Jews?
3. How is the Brogue listed in sale catalogs?
4. Why is Mrs. Mullet unhappy that Mr Penricarde had purchased the Brogue?
5. What, according to Clovis, is different about his mother getting married "this time"?
6. What does Reginald state about hors d'oeuvres?
7. According to the Baroness, in "Esme," what does poverty do?
8. What happens to cause a rift between Dora and Jane?
9. Why is Reginald trying to "forgive the furniture"?
10. In "The Innocence of Reginald," what two things does Reginald believe fail to go together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of Saki's texts seem to have an unbelievable or an outrageous meaning. Which of the stories did you find the most unbelievable or outrageous? Why? What, specifically, gave the story its outrageous storyline?
Essay Topic 2
Many people have believed that Saki placed himself in all, or many, of his texts as a main character. Create a hypothesis stating whether or not you believe Saki injected himself in his texts and what the purpose served for Saki. (Do you think that he was creating himself as the person he wished to be, the person he was, or as a mask?) Support your answer completely.
Essay Topic 3
Saki used a lot of animals in his texts. Why do you believe Saki used so many animals? How do you believe he felt about them? What could the animals represent for Saki? Does Saki give a favorable impression of animals or not? Why? Support your thoughts.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)