|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instruments announces Mrs. Packletide's successful kill?
2. What responsibility do the Saunderses have based upon "Fate"?
3. When, according to Reginald in "Reginald on the Academy", does one go to Heaven prematurely?
4. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
5. Who does Mrs. Packletide hit when she fires off her gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. While looking for buried treasure, what does Vasco find?
2. Why is Mrs. Olston so protective of the buzzards and their eggs?
3. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
4. According to "Reginald on Christmas Presents," why are aunts a "difficult class to deal with"?
5. What, according to Clovis, is different about his mother getting married "this time"?
6. Why did Reginald refuse to learn Russian geography at school?
7. What does the outing to kill a tiger actually cost Mrs. Packletide?
8. Why does Clovis believe that oysters are "more beautiful than any religion"?
9. Why does Clovis state that Hugo Peterby is at Mrs. Olston's home?
10. Name at least two things that the narrator finds offensive that Reginald does at the McKillops' garden party.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a full analysis on one of the texts. Imagine that you are writing the analysis for a newspaper or magazine article. Focus analysis on character, theme, literary devices, hidden meaning, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Saki seemed to disregard children. In many of the stories, Saki's attitude toward children seemed to one of disregard. Do you agree? Why? Do you disagree? Why? Be sure to include textual evidence to support your stand.
Essay Topic 3
Based upon the texts, how do you think Saki felt about women? Do you think that he held very specific stereotypes regarding women? Do you think that he created female characters that were different from women in society during his time? What attributes did Saki give his female characters? Are these characteristics that are normally assigned to women?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)