|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reginald, in "Reginald on House-Parties", who does one never really know?
2. What age was the Baroness at the time of "Esme"?
3. What was the Duchess preparing notes on to speak about at the Club?
4. Where does Reginald believe that "young men of brilliant attraction" should be?
5. What happens to the rich Armenian who refused Mr. Lammer's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of the feud in Toad-Water?
2. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
3. Why is Reginald trying to "forgive the furniture"?
4. Why does Clovis believe that his mother needs to get married?
5. What does Reginald state about hors d'oeuvres?
6. What does Clovis do to insure that Jane has left before Dora shows up at his home?
7. In "The Innocence of Reginald," what two things does Reginald believe fail to go together?
8. What is the "only consolation" that the condemned man asks for?
9. Why is Mrs. Olston so protective of the buzzards and their eggs?
10. What happens to cause a rift between Dora and Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based upon the research and study of Saki and his works, what did you learn about Saki as a person? What did his writing allow you to divulge about him? What kind of person do you see him to be? What are his characteristics? What do you believe were his strengths? His weaknesses? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How did Saki's life translate into his writings? What personal attributes did he use to create his characters? Name and define at least three personal attributes and the parallel to the character.
Essay Topic 3
Saki seemed to disregard children. In many of the stories, Saki's attitude toward children seemed to one of disregard. Do you agree? Why? Do you disagree? Why? Be sure to include textual evidence to support your stand.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)