|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does "The Square Egg" define through the following :"a sort of compound between a wine-shop and a coffee-house?
2. What is the name of the hotel, where Elaine Youghal eats lunch, that is one of Vienna's most expensive hotels?
(a) Hotel City Central in Vienna.
(b) Hotel Am Stephansplatz.
(c) Speise Saal.
(d) The Carlton Hotel Vienna.
3. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
(a) His hens all died.
(b) He became known as a fraud.
(c) His aunt killed all of the hens.
(d) War broke out.
4. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
5. Which bird is associated with sorrow?
(a) The heron.
(b) The finch.
(c) The magpie.
(d) The dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggested Dimitri's "death" for Dr. Stronetz?
2. What does Dimitri ask for from Dr. Stronetz. after finding out that he is to die?
3. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
4. What does Dimitri tell Stronetz to look out the window at?
5. In whose honor does Francesca throw a farewell dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there no system of reward in Hell?
2. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
3. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
4. What does the poultry farmer say that he has done to solve the round problem of eggs?
5. What news does James Cushat-Prinkly have for his family at the end of "Tea"?
6. What does Saki say he will do about giving the poultry farmer a loan to get back his hens?
7. What is the irony regarding Dr. Stronetz's plan to save Dimitri's life? ("The Death Trap.")
8. Why is Francesca considered "one of those women" that Fate had the best intentions for?
9. Why were the magpies restricted to where they could build their nests? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
10. What happens when Bidderdale arrives in Hell?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)