|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
(a) A member of the Royal family.
(b) The first born son in a family.
(c) The first born daughter of the occupying family.
(d) A member of the Cernogratz family.
2. What gallery shows Mervyn Quentock's collection of Society portraits?
(a) Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(b) The Rutland Galleries.
(c) The National Gallery.
(d) The Louvre.
3. Whom had the best intentions for Francesca, but never would "carry them into practice"?
(a) Her rich aunt.
(c) Her mother.
4. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
(b) All of them.
(c) Wild pigeons.
5. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
(b) St. Albans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dimitri do to Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz?
2. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
3. How old is James Cushat-Prinkley in "Tea"?
4. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
5. What does Dr. Stronetz offer to Dimitri to speed his inevitable death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
2. What were the demands of Mrs. Umberleigh's "captives" regarding her ransom? ("The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh.")
3. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
4. Why were there so many barn owls on the fighting line? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
5. What is the legend surrounding the castle in "The Wolves of Cernogratz"?
6. What happens when Bidderdale arrives in Hell?
7. What does poultry farmer consider to be the one draw back of eggs?
8. What does Saki say he will do about giving the poultry farmer a loan to get back his hens?
9. Why does Youghal state that he is not fond of Jews?
10. What happened to the birds during the first year of the battle? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)