|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "system" does Hell lack?
(a) A system of balance.
(b) A system of conscience.
(c) A system of power.
(d) A system of rewards.
2. What has disappeared from the Louvre?
(a) A picture.
(b) A crown.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A sculpture.
3. At what time, in Amalie's tale, would wolves begin to howl?
(a) As the deceased was pronounced dead.
(b) Just before the hour of death.
(c) After the deceased was buried.
(d) As the dying took their final breath.
4. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
(a) Wild pigeons.
(b) All of them.
5. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
(a) The first born daughter of the occupying family.
(b) A member of the Cernogratz family.
(c) The first born son in a family.
(d) A member of the Royal family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
2. How old was Dimitri when he came to the throne?
3. What suggested Dimitri's "death" for Dr. Stronetz?
4. What bird does the narrator see circling over the top of an oak-corpse?
5. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Saki say he will do about giving the poultry farmer a loan to get back his hens?
2. What was to happen on the day that Mrs. Umberleigh disappeared?
3. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
4. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
5. Why is Francesca considered "one of those women" that Fate had the best intentions for?
6. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
7. What does Francesca pride herself on?
8. What is the irony regarding Dr. Stronetz's plan to save Dimitri's life? ("The Death Trap.")
9. What does poultry farmer consider to be the one draw back of eggs?
10. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)