|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
2. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
(a) The first born son in a family.
(b) A member of the Cernogratz family.
(c) A member of the Royal family.
(d) The first born daughter of the occupying family.
3. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
(a) The Hague.
(b) London Museum.
(c) The Commons.
(d) The town square.
4. What is Girnitz's favorite weapon?
(a) The musket.
(b) The sword.
(c) The revolver.
(d) The dagger.
5. Who does Francesca run into at a shop entrance near Piccadilly and Bond?
(a) Elaine Stepin.
(b) Shane Bitters.
(c) Merla Blathington.
(d) Martha Driers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird, according to "Birds on the Western Front," is attracted to the rats and mice?
2. What "system" does Hell lack?
3. What is the name of the hotel, where Elaine Youghal eats lunch, that is one of Vienna's most expensive hotels?
4. To whom does James Cushat-Prinkley plan on proposing to?
5. What does Dimitri tell Stronetz to look out the window at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does poultry farmer consider to be the one draw back of eggs?
2. Why is Dr. Stronetz worried about Dimitir staying in the castle? ("The Death Trap.")
3. What does Saki say he will do about giving the poultry farmer a loan to get back his hens?
4. Why does Merla Blathington love Bond Street?
5. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
6. Why is there no system of reward in Hell?
7. What was to happen on the day that Mrs. Umberleigh disappeared?
8. What were the demands of Mrs. Umberleigh's "captives" regarding her ransom? ("The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh.")
9. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
10. Why were there so many barn owls on the fighting line? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)