|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of "The Hedgehog," what is being played by mixed doubles?
(c) Lawn tennis.
2. Who does Francesca run into at a shop entrance near Piccadilly and Bond?
(a) Shane Bitters.
(b) Martha Driers.
(c) Merla Blathington.
(d) Elaine Stepin.
3. Who has been made Governor of a West Indian dependency?
(a) Sir Charles Stockton.
(b) Sir Frank Fill.
(c) Sir Thomas Gunners.
(d) Sir Julian Jull.
4. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
(a) At Castle Tzern.
(b) In Parliament.
(c) At Castle Kedaria.
(d) In Hell.
5. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
(c) Prince Karl.
(d) The succesor is to be voted upon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
2. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
3. What bird does the narrator see circling over the top of an oak-corpse?
4. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
5. According to "The victim of war," what kind of hen produces a square egg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dimitri plan to do because of his illness? ("The Death Trap.")
2. Why does Merla Blathington love Bond Street?
3. What does the poultry farmer say that he has done to solve the round problem of eggs?
4. What is the last action in "The Death Trap"?
5. What does Dr. Stronetz suggest to Dimitri regarding a speedy death? ("The Death Trap.")
6. What news does James Cushat-Prinkly have for his family at the end of "Tea"?
7. What is the legend surrounding the castle in "The Wolves of Cernogratz"?
8. Why is there no system of reward in Hell?
9. What does Dr. Stronetz do that spares Dimitri from being murdered? ("The Death Trap.")
10. Why were the magpies restricted to where they could build their nests? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)