|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been made Governor of a West Indian dependency?
(a) Sir Charles Stockton.
(b) Sir Thomas Gunners.
(c) Sir Julian Jull.
(d) Sir Frank Fill.
2. What does Dr. Stronetz offer to Dimitri to speed his inevitable death?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A dagger.
(d) A rope.
3. How many days does Dr. Stronetz say that Dimitri will live for?
(a) 6 or less.
4. Which birds hover "in the hottest parts of the line"?
(a) Blue-black pheasants.
(b) Black skimmers.
5. What suggested Dimitri's "death" for Dr. Stronetz?
(a) A panic attack.
(b) A tale from long ago.
(c) A medical journal.
(d) Dimitri's eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
2. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
3. What does Comus give to Greyson to allow him to "toss"?
4. What is the name of Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding"?
5. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
2. What does Saki say he will do about giving the poultry farmer a loan to get back his hens?
3. What does Francesca pride herself on?
4. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
5. Why were there so many barn owls on the fighting line? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
6. Why were the magpies restricted to where they could build their nests? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
7. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
8. What is the legend surrounding the castle in "The Wolves of Cernogratz"?
9. What does Dr. Stronetz do that spares Dimitri from being murdered? ("The Death Trap.")
10. What happened to the birds during the first year of the battle? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)