|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel, where Elaine Youghal eats lunch, that is one of Vienna's most expensive hotels?
(a) Hotel City Central in Vienna.
(b) Speise Saal.
(c) Hotel Am Stephansplatz.
(d) The Carlton Hotel Vienna.
2. What do Francesca's enemies know of her to lack?
(c) A soul.
3. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Fire her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Adopt her.
(d) Marry her off.
4. How old is Rex Dillot in "Fate"?
5. What bird does the narrator see circling over the top of an oak-corpse?
(a) Great egrets.
(b) Cliff flycatchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Dmitri does in the story?
2. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
3. When Jane calls Lord Carrywood, what does he think she is offering?
4. What is the most highly valued privilege of the Parliament members in Hell?
5. What bird do the explosives cause to flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last action in "The Death Trap"?
2. Why does Youghal state that he is not fond of Jews?
3. Why does Merla Blathington love Bond Street?
4. What does Dr. Stronetz do that spares Dimitri from being murdered? ("The Death Trap.")
5. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
6. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
7. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
8. Why is Dr. Stronetz worried about Dimitir staying in the castle? ("The Death Trap.")
9. What does Dimitri plan to do because of his illness? ("The Death Trap.")
10. What happens when Bidderdale arrives in Hell?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)