|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "The victim of war," what kind of hen produces a square egg?
(a) A Golden Comet.
(b) A Rhode Island Red
(c) A Sussex.
(d) A Houdan.
2. Who warns Dimitri that he must leave the castle or be killed?
(a) Dr. Stronetz.
3. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
(a) Marry the aunt.
(b) Finance the man's business.
(c) Start a square-egg hen hatchery.
(d) Kill all of the hens.
4. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
(b) Prince Karl.
(d) The succesor is to be voted upon.
5. Which bird is seen "in the chill, misty hour of gloom"?
(a) The lark.
(b) The grey kingbird.
(c) The musician wren.
(d) The vulture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the theater that both Comus and the author of "The Woman Who Wished it was Wednesday" were at?
2. How many days does Dr. Stronetz say that Dimitri will live for?
3. Where does Strudwarden want to spend Easter?
4. What word does "The Square Egg" define through the following :"a sort of compound between a wine-shop and a coffee-house?
5. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)