|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the yearly ransom that is to be paid for the return of Crispina Umbreleigh?
(a) 2,000 rupees.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 rupees.
2. What does Dimitri tell Stronetz to look out the window at?
(a) The fairyland of mountains.
(b) The plains covered with ferns.
(c) The clear and majestic river.
(d) The eagles soaring over the trees.
3. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
(a) At Castle Tzern.
(b) In Hell.
(c) At Castle Kedaria.
(d) In Parliament.
4. Who "sat immersed in mature flirtation" on a bench facing the Northern Pheasantry?
(a) Courtenay Youghal.
(b) Steve Myers.
(c) Sean Millers.
(d) Ryan Towers.
5. What is the name of Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding"?
(a) Duchess of Joy.
(b) Anne de Joyeuse.
(c) Princess of the Farms.
(d) Samantha of Eyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Baroness Gruebel , what will happen if someone is to die in the castle?
2. What does Dr. Stronetz offer to Dimitri to speed his inevitable death?
3. What gift does Harvey Bope give to his nephews on Easter?
4. Whom had the best intentions for Francesca, but never would "carry them into practice"?
5. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
2. What were the demands of Mrs. Umberleigh's "captives" regarding her ransom? ("The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh.")
3. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
4. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
5. What does Francesca pride herself on?
6. Why is Francesca considered "one of those women" that Fate had the best intentions for?
7. Why were the magpies restricted to where they could build their nests? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
8. What news does James Cushat-Prinkly have for his family at the end of "Tea"?
9. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
10. What does Dimitri plan to do because of his illness? ("The Death Trap.")
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)