|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
(a) She died.
(b) She left the castle.
(c) She was dragged off by wolves.
(d) She fell ill.
2. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
(a) "Faerie Queen."
(b) "The Wife of Bath."
(d) "Sins and Sinners."
3. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
(a) A spaniel.
(b) A terrier.
(c) A setter.
(d) A wolfhound.
4. On what street does Francesca Bassington live?
(a) Blue Street.
(b) Follower's Way.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Corner Street.
5. At what time, in Amalie's tale, would wolves begin to howl?
(a) As the dying took their final breath.
(b) As the deceased was pronounced dead.
(c) Just before the hour of death.
(d) After the deceased was buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
2. What is the highest mark of appreciation in Pandemonium?
3. What kind of caravan does Elaine pass as she is out riding her horse?
4. Who "sat immersed in mature flirtation" on a bench facing the Northern Pheasantry?
5. What suggested Dimitri's "death" for Dr. Stronetz?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)