|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane calls Lord Carrywood, what does he think she is offering?
(a) Opera seats.
(b) A bridge game.
(c) A wedding inviation.
(d) A lunchen.
2. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
(a) Too expensive.
(b) The city is in a battle.
(c) The inhabitants do not like foreigners.
(d) She had a bad experience there.
3. How many days does Dr. Stronetz say that Dimitri will live for?
(d) 6 or less.
4. At what time, in Amalie's tale, would wolves begin to howl?
(a) Just before the hour of death.
(b) After the deceased was buried.
(c) As the dying took their final breath.
(d) As the deceased was pronounced dead.
5. To whom does Sir James wish Lady Drakmanton would pay attention to?
(a) His nephew, Jonathon.
(b) His niece, Martha.
(c) The Franton-Grubbs.
(d) The Smithly-Dubbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
2. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
3. What is the most highly valued privilege of the Parliament members in Hell?
4. What bird do the explosives cause to flee?
5. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony regarding Dr. Stronetz's plan to save Dimitri's life? ("The Death Trap.")
2. Why is Dr. Stronetz worried about Dimitir staying in the castle? ("The Death Trap.")
3. What news does James Cushat-Prinkly have for his family at the end of "Tea"?
4. What does the poultry farmer say that he has done to solve the round problem of eggs?
5. What happens when Bidderdale arrives in Hell?
6. What was to happen on the day that Mrs. Umberleigh disappeared?
7. What does Dr. Stronetz suggest to Dimitri regarding a speedy death? ("The Death Trap.")
8. What happened to the birds during the first year of the battle? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
9. What does Dimitri plan to do because of his illness? ("The Death Trap.")
10. What is the last action in "The Death Trap"?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)