|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) By the grand elm.
(b) In the great hall.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) By the stove.
2. What bird, according to "Birds on the Western Front," is attracted to the rats and mice?
(d) Barn owls.
3. What is the name of Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding"?
(a) Princess of the Farms.
(b) Samantha of Eyers.
(c) Duchess of Joy.
(d) Anne de Joyeuse.
4. Who has been made Governor of a West Indian dependency?
(a) Sir Charles Stockton.
(b) Sir Thomas Gunners.
(c) Sir Julian Jull.
(d) Sir Frank Fill.
5. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
(a) In Hell.
(b) In Parliament.
(c) At Castle Kedaria.
(d) At Castle Tzern.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
2. What was Francesca known as when she was younger?
3. How old was Dimitri when he came to the throne?
4. What kind of chickens does Merla Blathington's sister hatch?
5. How much is the yearly ransom that is to be paid for the return of Crispina Umbreleigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was to happen on the day that Mrs. Umberleigh disappeared?
2. What does poultry farmer consider to be the one draw back of eggs?
3. Why is Francesca considered "one of those women" that Fate had the best intentions for?
4. What does Francesca pride herself on?
5. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
6. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
7. What news does James Cushat-Prinkly have for his family at the end of "Tea"?
8. Why is there no system of reward in Hell?
9. Why were the magpies restricted to where they could build their nests? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
10. What is the last action in "The Death Trap"?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)