|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of chickens does Merla Blathington's sister hatch?
(a) Campine chickens.
(b) White Orpington chickens.
(c) Sicilian Buttercup chickens.
(d) Bresse chickens.
2. From what coronation does Clovis believe that Lady Beanford has caught a chill?
(a) Queen Elizabeth's.
(b) Queen Mary's.
(c) Queen Josephine's.
(d) Queen Victoria's.
3. Which birds hover "in the hottest parts of the line"?
(a) Black skimmers.
(d) Blue-black pheasants.
4. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
(a) The Hague.
(b) The town square.
(c) London Museum.
(d) The Commons.
5. How many days does Dr. Stronetz say that Dimitri will live for?
(a) 6 or less.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "system" does Hell lack?
2. Where, according to "The Square Egg," are the best eggs raised?
3. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
4. What is the highest mark of appreciation in Pandemonium?
5. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last action in "The Death Trap"?
2. What does Francesca pride herself on?
3. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
4. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
5. What do some of the boys tell Lancelot Chetrof his punishment will be for missing football practice?
6. What happened to the birds during the first year of the battle? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
7. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
8. What does Dr. Stronetz suggest to Dimitri regarding a speedy death? ("The Death Trap.")
9. What is Francesca's most prized possession?
10. What was to happen on the day that Mrs. Umberleigh disappeared?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)