|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) By the stove.
(c) In the great hall.
(d) By the grand elm.
2. In whose honor does Francesca throw a farewell dinner?
(a) Lady Veula's.
(c) Her son's.
(d) The Duke's.
3. How much is the yearly ransom that is to be paid for the return of Crispina Umbreleigh?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 rupees.
(d) 1,000 rupees.
4. Where, according to "The Square Egg," are the best eggs raised?
5. Where does Strudwarden want to spend Easter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
2. What gallery shows Mervyn Quentock's collection of Society portraits?
3. How many days does Dr. Stronetz say that Dimitri will live for?
4. What does Dimitri ask for from Dr. Stronetz. after finding out that he is to die?
5. What "system" does Hell lack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there no system of reward in Hell?
2. Why does Merla Blathington love Bond Street?
3. What does Dr. Stronetz do that spares Dimitri from being murdered? ("The Death Trap.")
4. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
5. What do some of the boys tell Lancelot Chetrof his punishment will be for missing football practice?
6. What does the poultry farmer say that he has done to solve the round problem of eggs?
7. What does Saki say he will do about giving the poultry farmer a loan to get back his hens?
8. Why is Francesca considered "one of those women" that Fate had the best intentions for?
9. What does Dr. Stronetz suggest to Dimitri regarding a speedy death? ("The Death Trap.")
10. What happened to the birds during the first year of the battle? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)