|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
(a) The Hague.
(b) The town square.
(c) The Commons.
(d) London Museum.
2. What kind of chickens does Merla Blathington's sister hatch?
(a) White Orpington chickens.
(b) Sicilian Buttercup chickens.
(c) Bresse chickens.
(d) Campine chickens.
3. Which bird is seen "in the chill, misty hour of gloom"?
(a) The grey kingbird.
(b) The lark.
(c) The musician wren.
(d) The vulture.
4. What does Dimitri do to Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz?
(a) Shot them.
(b) Posioned them.
(c) Banished them.
(d) Imprisoned them.
5. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
(a) A member of the Royal family.
(b) The first born daughter of the occupying family.
(c) A member of the Cernogratz family.
(d) The first born son in a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom had the best intentions for Francesca, but never would "carry them into practice"?
2. What kind of caravan does Elaine pass as she is out riding her horse?
3. In whose honor does Francesca throw a farewell dinner?
4. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
5. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bidderdale arrives in Hell?
2. What is the irony regarding Dr. Stronetz's plan to save Dimitri's life? ("The Death Trap.")
3. Why were there so many barn owls on the fighting line? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
4. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
5. Why does Youghal state that he is not fond of Jews?
6. What news does James Cushat-Prinkly have for his family at the end of "Tea"?
7. What does Dimitri plan to do because of his illness? ("The Death Trap.")
8. Why were the magpies restricted to where they could build their nests? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
9. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
10. What were the demands of Mrs. Umberleigh's "captives" regarding her ransom? ("The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh.")
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)