|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
2. What is the name of Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding"?
(a) Duchess of Joy.
(b) Princess of the Farms.
(c) Samantha of Eyers.
(d) Anne de Joyeuse.
3. Which bird is associated with sorrow?
(a) The finch.
(b) The dove.
(c) The magpie.
(d) The heron.
4. What does Dimitri do to Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz?
(a) Shot them.
(b) Imprisoned them.
(c) Posioned them.
(d) Banished them.
5. Which bird is seen "in the chill, misty hour of gloom"?
(a) The musician wren.
(b) The grey kingbird.
(c) The vulture.
(d) The lark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
2. What kind of caravan does Elaine pass as she is out riding her horse?
3. How old is James Cushat-Prinkley in "Tea"?
4. Where did Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding" win a prize?
5. How old was Dimitri when he came to the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Francesca pride herself on?
2. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
3. Why is Dr. Stronetz worried about Dimitir staying in the castle? ("The Death Trap.")
4. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
5. Why does Youghal state that he is not fond of Jews?
6. What news does James Cushat-Prinkly have for his family at the end of "Tea"?
7. What is the last action in "The Death Trap"?
8. What happened to the birds during the first year of the battle? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
9. What does Dimitri plan to do because of his illness? ("The Death Trap.")
10. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)