|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Adopt her.
(b) Fire her.
(c) Marry her off.
(d) Kill her.
2. Who does Dimitri claim to be the "heart and soul for Prince Karl'?
(a) The Kranitizki Regiment.
(b) The Royal Regiment.
(c) The Kran Regiment.
(d) The Loyal Regiment.
3. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
(a) She died.
(b) She was dragged off by wolves.
(c) She fell ill.
(d) She left the castle.
4. How much is the yearly ransom that is to be paid for the return of Crispina Umbreleigh?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 2,000 rupees.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 rupees.
5. Who has been made Governor of a West Indian dependency?
(a) Sir Thomas Gunners.
(b) Sir Julian Jull.
(c) Sir Frank Fill.
(d) Sir Charles Stockton.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "The Square Egg," what animal resembles the "drab-coated creature of the twilight"?
2. On what street does Francesca Bassington live?
3. From what coronation does Clovis believe that Lady Beanford has caught a chill?
4. What is happening as the curtain rises in "The Death Trap"?
5. According to the Baroness Gruebel , what will happen if someone is to die in the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there no system of reward in Hell?
2. What happens when Bidderdale arrives in Hell?
3. Why were there so many barn owls on the fighting line? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
4. Why does Merla Blathington love Bond Street?
5. What is the irony regarding Dr. Stronetz's plan to save Dimitri's life? ("The Death Trap.")
6. What was to happen on the day that Mrs. Umberleigh disappeared?
7. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
8. What is Francesca's most prized possession?
9. What is the legend surrounding the castle in "The Wolves of Cernogratz"?
10. What does poultry farmer consider to be the one draw back of eggs?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)