|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the highest mark of appreciation in Pandemonium?
(a) Stomping of feet.
(b) Being listened to in silent appreciation.
(d) Standing ovations.
2. What suggested Dimitri's "death" for Dr. Stronetz?
(a) Dimitri's eyes.
(b) A panic attack.
(c) A tale from long ago.
(d) A medical journal.
3. What is Girnitz's favorite weapon?
(a) The sword.
(b) The dagger.
(c) The revolver.
(d) The musket.
4. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
(d) St. Albans.
5. Which birds hover "in the hottest parts of the line"?
(a) Black skimmers.
(c) Blue-black pheasants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who "sat immersed in mature flirtation" on a bench facing the Northern Pheasantry?
2. Which bird is associated with sorrow?
3. Where does Strudwarden want to spend Easter?
4. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
5. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the birds during the first year of the battle? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
2. What is the irony regarding Dr. Stronetz's plan to save Dimitri's life? ("The Death Trap.")
3. What is Francesca's most prized possession?
4. What is the legend surrounding the castle in "The Wolves of Cernogratz"?
5. What does Francesca pride herself on?
6. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
7. What happens when Bidderdale arrives in Hell?
8. What was to happen on the day that Mrs. Umberleigh disappeared?
9. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
10. What gifts does Harvey give to his nephews?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)