|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) By the stove.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) By the grand elm.
(d) In the great hall.
2. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
(c) St. Albans.
3. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
(b) All of them.
(d) Wild pigeons.
4. At what time, in Amalie's tale, would wolves begin to howl?
(a) As the deceased was pronounced dead.
(b) After the deceased was buried.
(c) As the dying took their final breath.
(d) Just before the hour of death.
5. What business does Mr. Scarrick own in "Quail Seed"?
(a) A tailorshop.
(b) A feed store.
(c) A grocery.
(d) A book store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
2. Where does Strudwarden want to spend Easter?
3. What gallery shows Mervyn Quentock's collection of Society portraits?
4. How much money does the egg-seller need?
5. Who warns Dimitri that he must leave the castle or be killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does James Cushat-Prinkly have for his family at the end of "Tea"?
2. What does poultry farmer consider to be the one draw back of eggs?
3. What does Dr. Stronetz do that spares Dimitri from being murdered? ("The Death Trap.")
4. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
5. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
6. What does Francesca pride herself on?
7. What is the irony regarding Dr. Stronetz's plan to save Dimitri's life? ("The Death Trap.")
8. What was to happen on the day that Mrs. Umberleigh disappeared?
9. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
10. What do some of the boys tell Lancelot Chetrof his punishment will be for missing football practice?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)