|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
2. What does Reginald threaten the narrator with, for being rude, in "Reginald on the Academy"?
(a) To buy them a tie for Christmas.
(b) To cause a scene at dinner.
(c) To dine with them the following night.
(d) To leave and never come back.
3. What does Reginald want to write a book about?
(a) His mother.
(c) Personal reminiscences.
(d) Relationships with older women.
4. According to Reginald, who is never taught at a young enough age, about quality Christmas presents?
5. What is the name of the family who lose their child in "The Quest"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which empire, according to Reginald, has problems with limits existing in the same place?
2. How many times does the orchestra play "The Chaplet"?
3. Who does Mrs. Packletide hit when she fires off her gun?
4. What is found in the strong box of the sunken vessel?
5. Who "harms" the buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
2. According to "Reginald on Christmas Presents," why are aunts a "difficult class to deal with"?
3. While looking for buried treasure, what does Vasco find?
4. What does Esme do to the gypsy child?
5. Why does the Major, in "The Baker's Dozen," believe that if he and Mrs. Carewe would marry it would be unlucky?
6. Why did Reginald refuse to learn Russian geography at school?
7. What is the "only consolation" that the condemned man asks for?
8. What happens when Mrs. Packletide shot at the tiger?
9. What does Reinald say one comes to know at a host's home?
10. What does Reginald state about hors d'oeuvres?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)