|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reginald, who is never taught at a young enough age, about quality Christmas presents?
2. Why does Mrs. Packletide say that she will never hunt again?
(a) Too emotional.
(b) Too expensive.
(c) Too humbling.
(d) Too much excitement.
3. What is Reginald accused of reading which leads to his lack of sense of moral proportion?
4. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
5. What kind of flower does Reginald place in the button-hole of his lounge coat?
(a) A carnation.
(b) A rose.
(c) A tulip.
(d) A lilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Esme," what does Clovis state were all the same?
2. Who asks Clovis if he was a matchmaker?
3. What kind of dog does Olga keep?
4. What is the Brogue known as?
5. What ailment does Miss Gilpet state is fictitious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clovis state that Hugo Peterby is at Mrs. Olston's home?
2. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
3. What happens when Mrs. Packletide shot at the tiger?
4. What problem does Vanessa Pennington have in "Cross Currents"?
5. Why did Reginald refuse to learn Russian geography at school?
6. What does the condemned man state is the reality of his punishment?
7. What does Clovis do to insure that Jane has left before Dora shows up at his home?
8. Name at least two things that the narrator finds offensive that Reginald does at the McKillops' garden party.
9. Why does Clovis believe that his mother needs to get married?
10. According to the Baroness, in "Esme," what does poverty do?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)