|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reginald believe that "young men of brilliant attraction" should be?
(c) In school.
(d) At tea parties.
2. What is Theophil Eshley's profession "by force of environment"?
(a) A cattle painter.
(b) A photographer.
(c) An sculptor.
(d) A writer.
3. Over how many countries is the condemned man sought?
4. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
(b) Glass bottom boats.
(c) Scuba gear.
(d) Electric-suction dredge.
5. What age was the Baroness at the time of "Esme"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adela Pingsford say the ox is?
2. How much does Mrs. Packletide offer to a village to have the opportunity to shoot a tiger?
3. What is found in the strong box of the sunken vessel?
4. Who does Marion Eggelby state that Clovis would like (one of her children)?
5. What is wrong with Vanessa Pennington's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Baroness, in "Esme," what does poverty do?
2. In "The Innocence of Reginald," what two things does Reginald believe fail to go together?
3. What begins the feud in "The Blood-Feud of Toad-Water"?
4. What happens to cause a rift between Dora and Jane?
5. What does Clovis do to insure that Jane has left before Dora shows up at his home?
6. While looking for buried treasure, what does Vasco find?
7. According to the Duchess in "Reginald at the Theater," what are the things "you can't get away from"?
8. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
9. What does the outing to kill a tiger actually cost Mrs. Packletide?
10. Name at least two things that the narrator finds offensive that Reginald does at the McKillops' garden party.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)