Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Reginald regard with distrust in "Reginald at the Theater"?
(a) The actors.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) His aunt.
2. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
3. What vessel is found during the search for sunken treasure?
(d) Andria Dora.
4. Who does Emily bribe in order to get her deckchair next to the Major?
(a) A maid.
(b) The captain.
(c) A deckhand.
(d) The steward.
5. What kind of flower does Reginald place in the button-hole of his lounge coat?
(a) A rose.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A carnation.
(d) A lilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose identity does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," assume?
2. What does Reginald state is "an absurdly overrated affair"?
3. Who lives at Toad-Water?
4. Who does the former farmer marry?
5. What instruments announces Mrs. Packletide's successful kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "only consolation" that the condemned man asks for?
2. What is Francesca's most prized possession?
3. How is the Brogue listed in sale catalogs?
4. According to the Baroness, in "Esme," what does poverty do?
5. What does the National Peace Council say were inappropriate toys?
6. Why were there so many barn owls on the fighting line? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
7. What is the legend surrounding the castle in "The Wolves of Cernogratz"?
8. Why does Clovis believe that oysters are "more beautiful than any religion"?
9. Name at least two things that the narrator finds offensive that Reginald does at the McKillops' garden party.
10. What were the demands of Mrs. Umberleigh's "captives" regarding her ransom? ("The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh.")
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)