|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
2. Whose identity does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," assume?
(a) A priests.
(b) A missing hiker's.
(c) A dead soldier's.
(d) A dead Salvationist.
3. Who does Emily bribe in order to get her deckchair next to the Major?
(a) A maid.
(b) A deckhand.
(c) The steward.
(d) The captain.
4. How many hands tall is the Brogue?
5. When, according to Reginald in "Reginald on the Academy", does one go to Heaven prematurely?
(a) When one has not yet become a man.
(b) When the book has not been signed.
(c) When one fails to escape.
(d) When the Sargent has not painted you yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What responsibility do the Saunderses have based upon "Fate"?
2. Which empire, according to Reginald, has problems with limits existing in the same place?
3. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
4. Who does the former farmer marry?
5. Why is Reginald writing a poem on peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clovis believe that his mother needs to get married?
2. Why does Clovis believe that oysters are "more beautiful than any religion"?
3. Why did Reginald refuse to learn Russian geography at school?
4. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
5. What, according to Clovis, is different about his mother getting married "this time"?
6. What is the "only consolation" that the condemned man asks for?
7. What problem does Vanessa Pennington have in "Cross Currents"?
8. Why is Mrs. Mullet unhappy that Mr Penricarde had purchased the Brogue?
9. While looking for buried treasure, what does Vasco find?
10. What does the condemned man state is the reality of his punishment?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)