|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hen has come between Jane and Dora?
(a) A Golden Comet.
(b) A Sussex.
(c) A Barred Rock.
(d) A Leghorn.
2. Whose identity does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," assume?
(a) A dead soldier's.
(b) A priests.
(c) A missing hiker's.
(d) A dead Salvationist.
3. Who asks Clovis if he was a matchmaker?
(a) Hugo Peterby.
(b) Walter Mitty.
(c) Victor Franz.
(d) Michael Drund.
4. What is wrong with Vanessa Pennington's husband?
(a) He was too thin.
(b) He was an abuser.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He was poor.
5. What does the condemned man come across on a dark and lonely highway?
(a) An abandoned dog.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A felled tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
2. What does Mrs. Eggelby promise Clovis at the end of "Clovis on Parental Responsibilities"?
3. For how many years has the galleon laid in semi-retirement?
4. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
5. Over how many countries is the condemned man sought?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Olston so protective of the buzzards and their eggs?
2. Why does Clovis believe that his mother needs to get married?
3. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
4. Why does Mrs. Packletide believe that she needs to kill a tiger in India?
5. What is the "only consolation" that the condemned man asks for?
6. Why is Mrs. Mullet unhappy that Mr Penricarde had purchased the Brogue?
7. According to the Baroness, in "Esme," what does poverty do?
8. In "The Innocence of Reginald," what two things does Reginald believe fail to go together?
9. Name at least two things that the narrator finds offensive that Reginald does at the McKillops' garden party.
10. Why did Reginald refuse to learn Russian geography at school?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)