|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Major flatter with attention to make Emily jealous?
(a) A flapper.
(b) A model.
(c) A maid.
(d) A ballerina.
2. For how many years has the galleon laid in semi-retirement?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 325 years.
(c) 250 years.
(d) 125 years.
3. Why does Mrs. Packletide say that she will never hunt again?
(a) Too emotional.
(b) Too humbling.
(c) Too much excitement.
(d) Too expensive.
4. Who does Sturridge "believe" Jane to be?
(a) Joan of Arc.
(b) Queen Anne.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) The Prophet Elijah.
5. What does Emily accuse all men of being?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives at Toad-Water?
2. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
3. What kind of wine does Reginald bring for the Duchess to drink when they are at the Carlton?
4. Which empire, according to Reginald, has problems with limits existing in the same place?
5. What was the Duchess preparing notes on to speak about at the Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Major, in "The Baker's Dozen," believe that if he and Mrs. Carewe would marry it would be unlucky?
2. What problem does Vanessa Pennington have in "Cross Currents"?
3. What is the "only consolation" that the condemned man asks for?
4. Why does Clovis believe that his mother needs to get married?
5. According to the Baroness, in "Esme," what does poverty do?
6. What, according to Clovis, is different about his mother getting married "this time"?
7. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
8. What does Reginald state about hors d'oeuvres?
9. What is Clovis' idea for getting out of the sale of the Brogue?
10. What happens when Mrs. Packletide shot at the tiger?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)