|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the orchestra play "The Chaplet"?
2. Why does one go to the Academy?
(a) To learn about science.
(b) To get away from one's parents.
(c) To escape to solitude.
(d) In self-defense.
3. What age was the Baroness at the time of "Esme"?
4. What does Reginald threaten the narrator with, for being rude, in "Reginald on the Academy"?
(a) To buy them a tie for Christmas.
(b) To leave and never come back.
(c) To dine with them the following night.
(d) To cause a scene at dinner.
5. For how many years has the galleon laid in semi-retirement?
(a) 125 years.
(b) 325 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 250 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sturridge "believe" Jane to be?
2. What does the condemned man come across on a dark and lonely highway?
3. What does Reginald state is "an absurdly overrated affair"?
4. Where does Adela Pingsford say the ox is?
5. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of the feud in Toad-Water?
2. How is the Brogue listed in sale catalogs?
3. What does Reginald state as the estimable qualities of Jews?
4. Why is Mrs. Olston so protective of the buzzards and their eggs?
5. What does Reinald say one comes to know at a host's home?
6. Why does Mrs. Packletide believe that she needs to kill a tiger in India?
7. What, according to Clovis, is different about his mother getting married "this time"?
8. What is Clovis' idea for getting out of the sale of the Brogue?
9. Name at least two things that the narrator finds offensive that Reginald does at the McKillops' garden party.
10. Why does Clovis believe that oysters are "more beautiful than any religion"?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)