|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Baroness prefer her home to the wilderness?
(a) Hot and cold water.
(c) Domestic service.
(d) All of those stated.
2. What "kind" of child does the Baroness come across during her ride?
(a) A wolf-child.
(b) An abandoned child.
(c) A gypsy child.
(d) A peasant's child.
3. What animal does the Brogue detest?
(c) Other horses.
4. Who does Marion Eggelby state that Clovis would like (one of her children)?
5. What instruments announces Mrs. Packletide's successful kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one go to the Academy?
2. Who does the condemned man fall in love with?
3. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
4. In what season do the Mullets try to sell the Brogue?
5. Where does Arlington Stringham tell his joke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
2. While looking for buried treasure, what does Vasco find?
3. In "The Innocence of Reginald," what two things does Reginald believe fail to go together?
4. What is Clovis' idea for getting out of the sale of the Brogue?
5. How is the Brogue listed in sale catalogs?
6. What begins the feud in "The Blood-Feud of Toad-Water"?
7. According to the Baroness, in "Esme," what does poverty do?
8. Why does Clovis state that Hugo Peterby is at Mrs. Olston's home?
9. What happens to cause a rift between Dora and Jane?
10. Why does Clovis believe that oysters are "more beautiful than any religion"?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)