|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Reginald not want at all for Christmas?
(a) A waist-coat.
(c) A Prayer-book.
(d) A tie.
2. What is Reginald accused of reading which leads to his lack of sense of moral proportion?
3. For whom is Mrs. Packletide going to arrange a lunch for at her home on Curzon Street?
(a) Caroline Finsberry.
(b) Virginia Tobermony.
(c) Loona Bimberton.
(d) Soyna Apperton.
4. What is the garnish used on the duck entree in "The Chaplet"?
5. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
(a) Common Buzzards.
(b) Rough-Legged Buzzards.
(c) Black-breasted Buzzards.
(d) Buteo Buzzards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
2. What vessel is found during the search for sunken treasure?
3. Who is Esme?
4. According to "Cross Currents," whom does Alaric Clyde roam about like?
5. What does Reginald want to write a book about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clovis' idea for getting out of the sale of the Brogue?
2. What does Francesca pride herself on?
3. Why were there so many barn owls on the fighting line? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
4. What does Dimitri plan to do because of his illness? ("The Death Trap.")
5. Why is there no system of reward in Hell?
6. What is the irony regarding Dr. Stronetz's plan to save Dimitri's life? ("The Death Trap.")
7. Why does Merla Blathington love Bond Street?
8. What happens as a result of the feud in Toad-Water?
9. What were the demands of Mrs. Umberleigh's "captives" regarding her ransom? ("The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh.")
10. What is the legend surrounding the castle in "The Wolves of Cernogratz"?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)