|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the garnish used on the duck entree in "The Chaplet"?
2. What age was the Baroness at the time of "Esme"?
3. In what season do the Mullets try to sell the Brogue?
(b) Christmas season.
(c) Hunting season.
(d) Harvest season.
4. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
(a) Glass bottom boats.
(b) Scuba gear.
(d) Electric-suction dredge.
5. Which empire, according to Reginald, has problems with limits existing in the same place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
2. What does "the female relative in the country" believe is the best Christmas present?
3. What animal does the Brogue detest?
4. What kind of party is Reginald persuaded to go to?
5. What is Theophil Eshley's profession "by force of environment"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Mullet unhappy that Mr Penricarde had purchased the Brogue?
2. Why is Mrs. Olston so protective of the buzzards and their eggs?
3. Why does Clovis believe that oysters are "more beautiful than any religion"?
4. Why does the Major, in "The Baker's Dozen," believe that if he and Mrs. Carewe would marry it would be unlucky?
5. How is the Brogue listed in sale catalogs?
6. Why does Mrs. Packletide believe that she needs to kill a tiger in India?
7. What does the condemned man state is the reality of his punishment?
8. What problem does Vanessa Pennington have in "Cross Currents"?
9. In "The Innocence of Reginald," what two things does Reginald believe fail to go together?
10. What does Reinald say one comes to know at a host's home?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)