|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Lammer's one ruling passion?
(a) Woman watching.
(b) Buzzard watching.
(c) Breeding horses.
2. Why does Mrs. Packletide say that she will never hunt again?
(a) Too expensive.
(b) Too emotional.
(c) Too much excitement.
(d) Too humbling.
3. What does Mrs. Eggelby promise Clovis at the end of "Clovis on Parental Responsibilities"?
(a) That she would insure that her son would come over.
(b) That Clovis would be destroyed.
(c) That she would find Clovis a wife.
(d) That he would never meet her son.
4. Where does Adela Pingsford say the ox is?
(a) In her garden.
(b) In her orange groves.
(c) In the olive fields.
(d) On Eshley's land.
5. Why does one go to the Academy?
(a) In self-defense.
(b) To learn about science.
(c) To escape to solitude.
(d) To get away from one's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sturridge "believe" Jane to be?
2. What is the name of Vanessa's husband?
3. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
4. What is Reginald accused of reading which leads to his lack of sense of moral proportion?
5. What food passion does the Royal duchess have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reginald state about hors d'oeuvres?
2. Name at least two things that the narrator finds offensive that Reginald does at the McKillops' garden party.
3. What problem does Vanessa Pennington have in "Cross Currents"?
4. What happens when Mrs. Packletide shot at the tiger?
5. What is the "only consolation" that the condemned man asks for?
6. In "The Innocence of Reginald," what two things does Reginald believe fail to go together?
7. What does Reginald state as the estimable qualities of Jews?
8. What does Clovis do to insure that Jane has left before Dora shows up at his home?
9. Why does the Major, in "The Baker's Dozen," believe that if he and Mrs. Carewe would marry it would be unlucky?
10. Why does Clovis believe that his mother needs to get married?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)