|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clovis believe to be "more beautiful than any religion"?
2. Who does "the Other" quote, in "Reginald's Peace Poem", when they stated "I agree with you"?
3. What does the narrator, in "Reginald's Rubaiyat," come to realize while they were in the bathroom?
(a) They wanted to get married.
(b) They needed to buy a gift.
(c) They wanted to be a poet.
(d) They needed to pay a debt.
4. What kind of party is Reginald persuaded to go to?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A tea party.
(c) A garden party.
(d) A surprise party.
5. Why does the Baroness prefer her home to the wilderness?
(a) Hot and cold water.
(b) All of those stated.
(d) Domestic service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reginald state is "an absurdly overrated affair"?
2. What age was the Baroness at the time of "Esme"?
3. Who "harms" the buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
4. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
5. In "The Chaplet," what waltz is the orchestra not playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clovis believe that his mother needs to get married?
2. What does Esme do to the gypsy child?
3. Why does Clovis state that Hugo Peterby is at Mrs. Olston's home?
4. What does Reginald state about hors d'oeuvres?
5. While looking for buried treasure, what does Vasco find?
6. What does Reginald state as the estimable qualities of Jews?
7. According to "Reginald on Christmas Presents," why are aunts a "difficult class to deal with"?
8. According to the Baroness, in "Esme," what does poverty do?
9. What begins the feud in "The Blood-Feud of Toad-Water"?
10. What does the condemned man state is the reality of his punishment?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)