|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hen has come between Jane and Dora?
(a) A Sussex.
(b) A Barred Rock.
(c) A Leghorn.
(d) A Golden Comet.
2. Where is Reginald sitting at the opening of "Reginald in Russia"?
(a) Mozart's Bistro.
(b) A Princess's salon.
(c) A Princess's library.
(d) The Emperor's Station.
3. According to Reginald, who is never taught at a young enough age, about quality Christmas presents?
4. Where does Adela Pingsford say the ox is?
(a) On Eshley's land.
(b) In the olive fields.
(c) In her garden.
(d) In her orange groves.
5. Over how many countries is the condemned man sought?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Mullets' daughter that Mr. Penricarde admires?
2. Who does the former farmer marry?
3. Who does the Major flatter with attention to make Emily jealous?
4. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
5. At the opening of "The Match-Maker," what time is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jane lose her niece Louise?
2. What does the outing to kill a tiger actually cost Mrs. Packletide?
3. What were the demands of Mrs. Umberleigh's "captives" regarding her ransom? ("The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh.")
4. Why is Mrs. Olston so protective of the buzzards and their eggs?
5. What actually happened to Mrs. Umberleigh in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umberleigh"?
6. Name at least two things that the narrator finds offensive that Reginald does at the McKillops' garden party.
7. What does poultry farmer consider to be the one draw back of eggs?
8. Why were the magpies restricted to where they could build their nests? ("Birds on the Western Front.")
9. What does Saki say he will do about giving the poultry farmer a loan to get back his hens?
10. What does Dimitri plan to do because of his illness? ("The Death Trap.")
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)