|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the family who lose their child in "The Quest"?
2. What is the garnish used on the duck entree in "The Chaplet"?
3. In "The Chaplet," what waltz is the orchestra not playing?
(a) The Rose Colored Glasses waltz.
(b) The Ice-cream Sailor waltz.
(c) Washington's Waltz.
(d) The Starlit Night Waltz.
4. What kind of animal does the Baroness come across while on horseback?
(a) A lion.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A boar.
5. What type of hen has come between Jane and Dora?
(a) A Leghorn.
(b) A Golden Comet.
(c) A Sussex.
(d) A Barred Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adela Pingsford say the ox is?
2. Who does the former farmer marry?
3. What is Theophil Eshley's profession "by force of environment"?
4. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
5. What does Reginald claim that ducks did not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Reginald trying to "forgive the furniture"?
2. Why is Mrs. Olston so protective of the buzzards and their eggs?
3. What does Reginald state about hors d'oeuvres?
4. What problem does Vanessa Pennington have in "Cross Currents"?
5. What does Reginald state as the estimable qualities of Jews?
6. Why does Reginald want to write a poem on peace?
7. Name at least two things that the narrator finds offensive that Reginald does at the McKillops' garden party.
8. How is the Brogue listed in sale catalogs?
9. According to the Baroness, in "Esme," what does poverty do?
10. What does Esme do to the gypsy child?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)