|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
2. Which birds hover "in the hottest parts of the line"?
(a) Blue-black pheasants.
(c) Black skimmers.
3. Where, according to "The Square Egg," are the best eggs raised?
4. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
(a) Too expensive.
(b) She had a bad experience there.
(c) The city is in a battle.
(d) The inhabitants do not like foreigners.
5. Which bird is seen "in the chill, misty hour of gloom"?
(a) The grey kingbird.
(b) The vulture.
(c) The lark.
(d) The musician wren.
6. What is the highest mark of appreciation in Pandemonium?
(a) Being listened to in silent appreciation.
(c) Stomping of feet.
(d) Standing ovations.
7. Whom had the best intentions for Francesca, but never would "carry them into practice"?
(b) Her rich aunt.
(d) Her mother.
8. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
(a) "Faerie Queen."
(c) "The Wife of Bath."
(d) "Sins and Sinners."
9. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
10. What does Dimitri ask for from Dr. Stronetz. after finding out that he is to die?
(a) A grave marker.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A "little bottle."
11. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
(a) A heron.
(b) A dove.
(c) A rook.
(d) A wren.
12. What is the last thing Dmitri does in the story?
(a) Leaves the country to die alone.
(b) Goes mad and imprisons himself.
(c) Tells Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz he knew of their plan, then drinks the wine.
(d) Leaves with Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz.
13. What has disappeared from the Louvre?
(a) A crown.
(b) A sculpture.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A picture.
14. What is Girnitz's favorite weapon?
(a) The dagger.
(b) The sword.
(c) The musket.
(d) The revolver.
15. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
(b) Prince Karl.
(d) The succesor is to be voted upon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rex Dillot in "Fate"?
2. What gift does Harvey Bope give to his nephews on Easter?
3. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
4. How much is the yearly ransom that is to be paid for the return of Crispina Umbreleigh?
5. From what coronation does Clovis believe that Lady Beanford has caught a chill?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)