Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
(d) St. Albans.
2. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
(a) Skeet shooting.
(d) Fox hunting.
3. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
(a) He overthrew a neighbor prince.
(b) He is too weak to be considered a great ruler.
(c) He is too strong to be defeated.
(d) He is the last of the dynasty,
4. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
(a) All of them.
(d) Wild pigeons.
5. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
(a) She had a bad experience there.
(b) The inhabitants do not like foreigners.
(c) Too expensive.
(d) The city is in a battle.
6. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His aunt.
7. At what time, in Amalie's tale, would wolves begin to howl?
(a) As the deceased was pronounced dead.
(b) After the deceased was buried.
(c) As the dying took their final breath.
(d) Just before the hour of death.
8. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
(a) War broke out.
(b) He became known as a fraud.
(c) His aunt killed all of the hens.
(d) His hens all died.
9. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Marry her off.
(b) Adopt her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Fire her.
10. Whom had the best intentions for Francesca, but never would "carry them into practice"?
(b) Her rich aunt.
(d) Her mother.
11. Where does Lena Strudwarden wish to spend Easter?
(c) Newcastle upon Tyne.
12. What is the name of Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding"?
(a) Samantha of Eyers.
(b) Duchess of Joy.
(c) Anne de Joyeuse.
(d) Princess of the Farms.
13. Which bird is seen "in the chill, misty hour of gloom"?
(a) The vulture.
(b) The grey kingbird.
(c) The musician wren.
(d) The lark.
14. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
(a) A dove.
(b) A heron.
(c) A rook.
(d) A wren.
15. What is the highest mark of appreciation in Pandemonium?
(a) Being listened to in silent appreciation.
(b) Stomping of feet.
(d) Standing ovations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who "sat immersed in mature flirtation" on a bench facing the Northern Pheasantry?
2. What gallery shows Mervyn Quentock's collection of Society portraits?
3. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
4. Where does Strudwarden want to spend Easter?
5. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)