|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
2. To whom does James Cushat-Prinkley plan on proposing to?
3. How old was Dimitri when he came to the throne?
4. Who "sat immersed in mature flirtation" on a bench facing the Northern Pheasantry?
(a) Ryan Towers.
(b) Sean Millers.
(c) Courtenay Youghal.
(d) Steve Myers.
5. What is the last thing Dmitri does in the story?
(a) Tells Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz he knew of their plan, then drinks the wine.
(b) Leaves with Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz.
(c) Goes mad and imprisons himself.
(d) Leaves the country to die alone.
6. Whom had the best intentions for Francesca, but never would "carry them into practice"?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her rich aunt.
7. At the opening of "The Hedgehog," what is being played by mixed doubles?
(a) Lawn tennis.
8. What word does "The Square Egg" define through the following :"a sort of compound between a wine-shop and a coffee-house?
9. According to the Baroness Gruebel , what will happen if someone is to die in the castle?
(a) The wolves would all go to the river to bathe.
(b) The dogs of the village would attack their owners.
(c) The dogs and beasts of the forest would howl all night.
(d) The animals of the lands would circle the village.
10. What bird does the narrator come across that "flitted wistfully to and fro"?
(a) A pearl kite.
(b) An osprey.
(c) A purple martin.
(d) A hen-chaffinch.
11. From what coronation does Clovis believe that Lady Beanford has caught a chill?
(a) Queen Mary's.
(b) Queen Josephine's.
(c) Queen Victoria's.
(d) Queen Elizabeth's.
12. Who has been made Governor of a West Indian dependency?
(a) Sir Frank Fill.
(b) Sir Charles Stockton.
(c) Sir Julian Jull.
(d) Sir Thomas Gunners.
13. Where does Strudwarden want to spend Easter?
14. What is Girnitz's favorite weapon?
(a) The sword.
(b) The revolver.
(c) The dagger.
(d) The musket.
15. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
(a) London Museum.
(b) The Hague.
(c) The Commons.
(d) The town square.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane calls Lord Carrywood, what does he think she is offering?
2. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
3. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
4. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
5. What kind of caravan does Elaine pass as she is out riding her horse?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)