|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
(a) In Parliament.
(b) In Hell.
(c) At Castle Kedaria.
(d) At Castle Tzern.
2. On what street does Francesca Bassington live?
(a) Corner Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Follower's Way.
(d) Blue Street.
3. What does Dr. Stronetz offer to Dimitri to speed his inevitable death?
(a) A rope.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A dagger.
4. What bird do the explosives cause to flee?
5. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) By the grand elm.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In the great hall.
(d) By the stove.
6. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
(a) He is too weak to be considered a great ruler.
(b) He is too strong to be defeated.
(c) He is the last of the dynasty,
(d) He overthrew a neighbor prince.
7. What business does Mr. Scarrick own in "Quail Seed"?
(a) A book store.
(b) A grocery.
(c) A feed store.
(d) A tailorshop.
8. What does Dimitri ask for from Dr. Stronetz. after finding out that he is to die?
(a) A "little bottle."
(b) A prayer.
(c) A grave marker.
(d) A pistol.
9. What "system" does Hell lack?
(a) A system of rewards.
(b) A system of balance.
(c) A system of power.
(d) A system of conscience.
10. What do Francesca's enemies know of her to lack?
(d) A soul.
11. Where did Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding" win a prize?
(a) Churchill Downs.
(c) Keeneleand Racetrack.
12. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
(a) London Museum.
(b) The Commons.
(c) The Hague.
(d) The town square.
13. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
(a) A rook.
(b) A wren.
(c) A dove.
(d) A heron.
14. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
15. What is the last thing Dmitri does in the story?
(a) Tells Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz he knew of their plan, then drinks the wine.
(b) Leaves the country to die alone.
(c) Leaves with Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz.
(d) Goes mad and imprisons himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
2. Where does Strudwarden want to spend Easter?
3. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
4. What kind of caravan does Elaine pass as she is out riding her horse?
5. How old is Rex Dillot in "Fate"?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)