|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most highly valued privilege of the Parliament members in Hell?
2. What bird does the narrator see circling over the top of an oak-corpse?
(a) Great egrets.
(c) Cliff flycatchers.
3. Comus, when telling Elaine it was too hot for tea, states that he would rather do what?
(a) Feed the swans.
(b) Recline in the gazebo.
(c) Swim in the lake.
(d) Drink beer in the gardens.
4. At what time, in Amalie's tale, would wolves begin to howl?
(a) As the deceased was pronounced dead.
(b) Just before the hour of death.
(c) After the deceased was buried.
(d) As the dying took their final breath.
5. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
(a) He became known as a fraud.
(b) His aunt killed all of the hens.
(c) War broke out.
(d) His hens all died.
6. How old is Rex Dillot in "Fate"?
7. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
(a) The first born son in a family.
(b) A member of the Royal family.
(c) A member of the Cernogratz family.
(d) The first born daughter of the occupying family.
8. What is the name of the hotel, where Elaine Youghal eats lunch, that is one of Vienna's most expensive hotels?
(a) The Carlton Hotel Vienna.
(b) Hotel Am Stephansplatz.
(c) Speise Saal.
(d) Hotel City Central in Vienna.
9. What is Girnitz's favorite weapon?
(a) The dagger.
(b) The sword.
(c) The revolver.
(d) The musket.
10. Which birds hover "in the hottest parts of the line"?
(b) Blue-black pheasants.
(d) Black skimmers.
11. Where does Lena Strudwarden wish to spend Easter?
(c) Newcastle upon Tyne.
12. What has disappeared from the Louvre?
(a) A sculpture.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A picture.
(d) A crown.
13. What "system" does Hell lack?
(a) A system of power.
(b) A system of balance.
(c) A system of rewards.
(d) A system of conscience.
14. How old was Dimitri when he came to the throne?
15. To whom does James Cushat-Prinkley plan on proposing to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Francesca run into at a shop entrance near Piccadilly and Bond?
2. What business does Mr. Scarrick own in "Quail Seed"?
3. What word does "The Square Egg" define through the following :"a sort of compound between a wine-shop and a coffee-house?
4. How much is the yearly ransom that is to be paid for the return of Crispina Umbreleigh?
5. According to "The Square Egg," what animal resembles the "drab-coated creature of the twilight"?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)