|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel, where Elaine Youghal eats lunch, that is one of Vienna's most expensive hotels?
(a) Speise Saal.
(b) Hotel City Central in Vienna.
(c) The Carlton Hotel Vienna.
(d) Hotel Am Stephansplatz.
2. What word does "The Square Egg" define through the following :"a sort of compound between a wine-shop and a coffee-house?
3. What gallery shows Mervyn Quentock's collection of Society portraits?
(a) The Rutland Galleries.
(b) Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The National Gallery.
4. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
(a) The first born daughter of the occupying family.
(b) The first born son in a family.
(c) A member of the Royal family.
(d) A member of the Cernogratz family.
5. To whom does Sir James wish Lady Drakmanton would pay attention to?
(a) His nephew, Jonathon.
(b) His niece, Martha.
(c) The Smithly-Dubbs.
(d) The Franton-Grubbs.
6. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
(a) A heron.
(b) A wren.
(c) A dove.
(d) A rook.
7. Where does Strudwarden want to spend Easter?
8. What is Girnitz's favorite weapon?
(a) The revolver.
(b) The musket.
(c) The dagger.
(d) The sword.
9. How much is the yearly ransom that is to be paid for the return of Crispina Umbreleigh?
(a) 2,000 rupees.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 rupees.
10. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
11. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) By the grand elm.
(b) By the stove.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In the great hall.
12. What bird has the narrator never seen in the war-lands?
(a) The buzzard.
(b) The eagle.
(c) The wren.
(d) The pheasant.
13. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
(a) "The Wife of Bath."
(b) "Sins and Sinners."
(d) "Faerie Queen."
14. On what street does Francesca Bassington live?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Follower's Way.
(c) Corner Street.
(d) Blue Street.
15. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
(a) The stern.
(b) The magpie.
(c) The goose.
(d) The turtledove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
2. What is the last thing Dmitri does in the story?
3. What business does Mr. Scarrick own in "Quail Seed"?
4. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
5. What does Dimitri tell Stronetz to look out the window at?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)