|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel, where Elaine Youghal eats lunch, that is one of Vienna's most expensive hotels?
(a) Hotel City Central in Vienna.
(b) The Carlton Hotel Vienna.
(c) Hotel Am Stephansplatz.
(d) Speise Saal.
2. How much money does the egg-seller need?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 80 francs.
(c) 180 francs.
(d) 80 rupees.
3. What is the highest mark of appreciation in Pandemonium?
(a) Standing ovations.
(b) Being listened to in silent appreciation.
(c) Stomping of feet.
4. What does Dr. Stronetz offer to Dimitri to speed his inevitable death?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A pistol.
(d) A rope.
5. How much is the yearly ransom that is to be paid for the return of Crispina Umbreleigh?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 rupees.
(d) 2,000 rupees.
6. What does Dimitri ask for from Dr. Stronetz. after finding out that he is to die?
(a) A grave marker.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A "little bottle."
(d) A prayer.
7. Where does Lena Strudwarden wish to spend Easter?
(a) Newcastle upon Tyne.
8. What business does Mr. Scarrick own in "Quail Seed"?
(a) A tailorshop.
(b) A feed store.
(c) A grocery.
(d) A book store.
9. Where did Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding" win a prize?
(c) Keeneleand Racetrack.
(d) Churchill Downs.
10. Who warns Dimitri that he must leave the castle or be killed?
(c) Dr. Stronetz.
11. How old is Rex Dillot in "Fate"?
12. What bird does the narrator see circling over the top of an oak-corpse?
(a) Cliff flycatchers.
(b) Great egrets.
13. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
(a) His hens all died.
(b) War broke out.
(c) He became known as a fraud.
(d) His aunt killed all of the hens.
14. From what coronation does Clovis believe that Lady Beanford has caught a chill?
(a) Queen Josephine's.
(b) Queen Elizabeth's.
(c) Queen Victoria's.
(d) Queen Mary's.
15. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
(a) "The Wife of Bath."
(b) "Sins and Sinners."
(c) "Faerie Queen."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
2. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
3. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
4. According to the Baroness Gruebel , what will happen if someone is to die in the castle?
5. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)