|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dimitri claim to be the "heart and soul for Prince Karl'?
(a) The Loyal Regiment.
(b) The Kran Regiment.
(c) The Royal Regiment.
(d) The Kranitizki Regiment.
2. What do Francesca's enemies know of her to lack?
(d) A soul.
3. How much money does the egg-seller need?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 80 francs.
(c) 80 rupees.
(d) 180 francs.
4. Who "sat immersed in mature flirtation" on a bench facing the Northern Pheasantry?
(a) Courtenay Youghal.
(b) Ryan Towers.
(c) Sean Millers.
(d) Steve Myers.
5. What is the name of the theater that both Comus and the author of "The Woman Who Wished it was Wednesday" were at?
(a) Strawberry Hill Grande Theater.
(b) Kildonan Theater.
(c) Devonshire Theater.
(d) Straw Exchange Theater.
6. Which bird is seen "in the chill, misty hour of gloom"?
(a) The lark.
(b) The musician wren.
(c) The vulture.
(d) The grey kingbird.
7. Who does Francesca run into at a shop entrance near Piccadilly and Bond?
(a) Elaine Stepin.
(b) Martha Driers.
(c) Shane Bitters.
(d) Merla Blathington.
8. Where, according to "The Square Egg," are the best eggs raised?
9. Which bird is associated with sorrow?
(a) The finch.
(b) The dove.
(c) The magpie.
(d) The heron.
10. What is the last thing Dmitri does in the story?
(a) Leaves with Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz.
(b) Goes mad and imprisons himself.
(c) Leaves the country to die alone.
(d) Tells Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz he knew of their plan, then drinks the wine.
11. How old was Dimitri when he came to the throne?
12. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
(a) The magpie.
(b) The stern.
(c) The turtledove.
(d) The goose.
13. What was Francesca known as when she was younger?
(a) Miss Fran.
(b) Miss Greech.
(c) Belle Fran.
14. What does Dimitri tell Stronetz to look out the window at?
(a) The plains covered with ferns.
(b) The eagles soaring over the trees.
(c) The clear and majestic river.
(d) The fairyland of mountains.
15. What does Dimitri ask for from Dr. Stronetz. after finding out that he is to die?
(a) A grave marker.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A "little bottle."
(d) A prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
2. What does Dr. Stronetz offer to Dimitri to speed his inevitable death?
3. According to the Baroness Gruebel , what will happen if someone is to die in the castle?
4. What kind of chickens does Merla Blathington's sister hatch?
5. What bird does the narrator come across that "flitted wistfully to and fro"?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)