|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the egg-seller need?
(a) 80 francs.
(b) 80 rupees.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 180 francs.
2. To whom does James Cushat-Prinkley plan on proposing to?
3. What bird does the narrator see circling over the top of an oak-corpse?
(a) Great egrets.
(d) Cliff flycatchers.
4. What does Dimitri do to Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz?
(a) Posioned them.
(b) Shot them.
(c) Banished them.
(d) Imprisoned them.
5. Where did Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding" win a prize?
(a) Keeneleand Racetrack.
(b) Churchill Downs.
6. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
(a) The succesor is to be voted upon.
(b) Prince Karl.
7. From what coronation does Clovis believe that Lady Beanford has caught a chill?
(a) Queen Josephine's.
(b) Queen Victoria's.
(c) Queen Mary's.
(d) Queen Elizabeth's.
8. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
9. What "system" does Hell lack?
(a) A system of rewards.
(b) A system of power.
(c) A system of conscience.
(d) A system of balance.
10. What business does Mr. Scarrick own in "Quail Seed"?
(a) A grocery.
(b) A feed store.
(c) A tailorshop.
(d) A book store.
11. Comus, when telling Elaine it was too hot for tea, states that he would rather do what?
(a) Swim in the lake.
(b) Feed the swans.
(c) Drink beer in the gardens.
(d) Recline in the gazebo.
12. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
(a) The stern.
(b) The turtledove.
(c) The magpie.
(d) The goose.
13. Where does Lena Strudwarden wish to spend Easter?
(a) Newcastle upon Tyne.
14. What does Dimitri ask for from Dr. Stronetz. after finding out that he is to die?
(a) A "little bottle."
(b) A pistol.
(c) A grave marker.
(d) A prayer.
15. According to "The victim of war," what kind of hen produces a square egg?
(a) A Sussex.
(b) A Houdan.
(c) A Rhode Island Red
(d) A Golden Comet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who "sat immersed in mature flirtation" on a bench facing the Northern Pheasantry?
2. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
3. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
4. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
5. What gift does Harvey Bope give to his nephews on Easter?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)