|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Dimitri that he must leave the castle or be killed?
(c) Dr. Stronetz.
2. What is the name of the theater that both Comus and the author of "The Woman Who Wished it was Wednesday" were at?
(a) Devonshire Theater.
(b) Straw Exchange Theater.
(c) Strawberry Hill Grande Theater.
(d) Kildonan Theater.
3. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
4. When Jane calls Lord Carrywood, what does he think she is offering?
(a) A lunchen.
(b) A bridge game.
(c) A wedding inviation.
(d) Opera seats.
5. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His brother.
6. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
(a) War broke out.
(b) He became known as a fraud.
(c) His hens all died.
(d) His aunt killed all of the hens.
7. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
(a) A wren.
(b) A rook.
(c) A dove.
(d) A heron.
8. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Fire her.
(b) Adopt her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Marry her off.
9. What has disappeared from the Louvre?
(a) A sculpture.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A crown.
(d) A picture.
10. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
(a) She left the castle.
(b) She was dragged off by wolves.
(c) She died.
(d) She fell ill.
11. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
12. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
(b) The succesor is to be voted upon.
(d) Prince Karl.
13. How old is Rex Dillot in "Fate"?
14. According to the Baroness Gruebel , what will happen if someone is to die in the castle?
(a) The dogs and beasts of the forest would howl all night.
(b) The wolves would all go to the river to bathe.
(c) The dogs of the village would attack their owners.
(d) The animals of the lands would circle the village.
15. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
(a) Wild pigeons.
(b) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highest mark of appreciation in Pandemonium?
2. What is the name of the hotel, where Elaine Youghal eats lunch, that is one of Vienna's most expensive hotels?
3. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
4. At the end of "The Infernal Parliament," what letter does the Fiend state is missing?
5. On what street does Francesca Bassington live?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)