|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Girnitz's favorite weapon?
(a) The musket.
(b) The sword.
(c) The revolver.
(d) The dagger.
2. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Marry her off.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Fire her.
(d) Adopt her.
3. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) By the stove.
(b) By the grand elm.
(c) In the great hall.
(d) In his bedroom.
4. Who does Francesca run into at a shop entrance near Piccadilly and Bond?
(a) Merla Blathington.
(b) Elaine Stepin.
(c) Martha Driers.
(d) Shane Bitters.
5. From what coronation does Clovis believe that Lady Beanford has caught a chill?
(a) Queen Victoria's.
(b) Queen Elizabeth's.
(c) Queen Josephine's.
(d) Queen Mary's.
6. What gift does Harvey Bope give to his nephews on Easter?
(a) A fort model.
(b) A Somali camel-corps.
(c) A collection of soldiers.
(d) A municipal dust-bin.
7. According to "The victim of war," what kind of hen produces a square egg?
(a) A Sussex.
(b) A Golden Comet.
(c) A Rhode Island Red
(d) A Houdan.
8. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
(a) Kill all of the hens.
(b) Marry the aunt.
(c) Start a square-egg hen hatchery.
(d) Finance the man's business.
9. Where had Dimitri been only once (he thought the city seemed magical)?
10. What does Dimitri tell Stronetz to look out the window at?
(a) The eagles soaring over the trees.
(b) The plains covered with ferns.
(c) The clear and majestic river.
(d) The fairyland of mountains.
11. What bird does the narrator see circling over the top of an oak-corpse?
(a) Cliff flycatchers.
(c) Great egrets.
12. At the end of "The Infernal Parliament," what letter does the Fiend state is missing?
13. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
14. Who warns Dimitri that he must leave the castle or be killed?
(d) Dr. Stronetz.
15. Where did Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding" win a prize?
(a) Churchill Downs.
(c) Keeneleand Racetrack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dimitri claim to be the "heart and soul for Prince Karl'?
2. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
3. At the opening of "The Hedgehog," what is being played by mixed doubles?
4. Who has been made Governor of a West Indian dependency?
5. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)