|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does "The Square Egg" define through the following :"a sort of compound between a wine-shop and a coffee-house?
2. Whom had the best intentions for Francesca, but never would "carry them into practice"?
(b) Her rich aunt.
(c) Her mother.
3. According to "The victim of war," what kind of hen produces a square egg?
(a) A Golden Comet.
(b) A Houdan.
(c) A Rhode Island Red
(d) A Sussex.
4. What does Dimitri do to Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz?
(a) Banished them.
(b) Imprisoned them.
(c) Shot them.
(d) Posioned them.
5. Which birds hover "in the hottest parts of the line"?
(c) Black skimmers.
(d) Blue-black pheasants.
6. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) By the stove.
(b) By the grand elm.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In the great hall.
7. What is the most highly valued privilege of the Parliament members in Hell?
8. How old was Dimitri when he came to the throne?
9. Who does Francesca run into at a shop entrance near Piccadilly and Bond?
(a) Elaine Stepin.
(b) Merla Blathington.
(c) Shane Bitters.
(d) Martha Driers.
10. What is happening as the curtain rises in "The Death Trap"?
(a) Dimitir and Shultz are talking.
(b) Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz are talking.
(c) Dimitir is sleeping.
(d) Girnitz is arresting an offender.
11. What is the name of Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding"?
(a) Samantha of Eyers.
(b) Princess of the Farms.
(c) Duchess of Joy.
(d) Anne de Joyeuse.
12. What bird does the narrator come across that "flitted wistfully to and fro"?
(a) An osprey.
(b) A purple martin.
(c) A hen-chaffinch.
(d) A pearl kite.
13. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
(a) She had a bad experience there.
(b) The inhabitants do not like foreigners.
(c) The city is in a battle.
(d) Too expensive.
14. What bird has the narrator never seen in the war-lands?
(a) The pheasant.
(b) The buzzard.
(c) The wren.
(d) The eagle.
15. When Jane calls Lord Carrywood, what does he think she is offering?
(a) A lunchen.
(b) Opera seats.
(c) A wedding inviation.
(d) A bridge game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which bird is associated with sorrow?
2. How old is James Cushat-Prinkley in "Tea"?
3. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
4. On what street does Francesca Bassington live?
5. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)