|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
(c) All of them.
(d) Wild pigeons.
2. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
(a) She fell ill.
(b) She left the castle.
(c) She was dragged off by wolves.
(d) She died.
3. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandmother.
4. Which bird is associated with sorrow?
(a) The dove.
(b) The heron.
(c) The magpie.
(d) The finch.
5. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
(a) The first born son in a family.
(b) A member of the Cernogratz family.
(c) A member of the Royal family.
(d) The first born daughter of the occupying family.
6. What bird, according to "Birds on the Western Front," is attracted to the rats and mice?
(d) Barn owls.
7. How many days does Dr. Stronetz say that Dimitri will live for?
(b) 6 or less.
8. Who "sat immersed in mature flirtation" on a bench facing the Northern Pheasantry?
(a) Sean Millers.
(b) Ryan Towers.
(c) Steve Myers.
(d) Courtenay Youghal.
9. Why is Dimitri going to be killed?
(a) He is too weak to be considered a great ruler.
(b) He overthrew a neighbor prince.
(c) He is the last of the dynasty,
(d) He is too strong to be defeated.
10. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
(a) The stern.
(b) The goose.
(c) The magpie.
(d) The turtledove.
11. What does the London paper state boys should not be given as toys?
(a) "An object that feeds their inner warrior."
(b) "The toys that are to become heirlooms."
(c) "Objects that do not lend themseleves to protection."
(d) "Regiments of fighting men."
12. Who does Francesca run into at a shop entrance near Piccadilly and Bond?
(a) Martha Driers.
(b) Elaine Stepin.
(c) Merla Blathington.
(d) Shane Bitters.
13. What is Girnitz's favorite weapon?
(a) The sword.
(b) The musket.
(c) The revolver.
(d) The dagger.
14. What is the name of the theater that both Comus and the author of "The Woman Who Wished it was Wednesday" were at?
(a) Strawberry Hill Grande Theater.
(b) Kildonan Theater.
(c) Straw Exchange Theater.
(d) Devonshire Theater.
15. What is happening as the curtain rises in "The Death Trap"?
(a) Dimitir and Shultz are talking.
(b) Dimitir is sleeping.
(c) Girnitz is arresting an offender.
(d) Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz are talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird does the narrator see circling over the top of an oak-corpse?
2. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
3. Where, according to "The Square Egg," are the best eggs raised?
4. What is the name of Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding"?
5. What business does Mr. Scarrick own in "Quail Seed"?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)