|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the egg-seller need?
(a) 80 francs.
(b) 180 francs.
(c) 80 rupees.
(d) 180 pounds.
2. Which bird is seen "in the chill, misty hour of gloom"?
(a) The vulture.
(b) The grey kingbird.
(c) The lark.
(d) The musician wren.
3. How many days does Dr. Stronetz say that Dimitri will live for?
(b) 6 or less.
4. What gallery shows Mervyn Quentock's collection of Society portraits?
(a) The National Gallery.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) The Rutland Galleries.
(d) Metropolitan Museum of Art.
5. What word does "The Square Egg" define through the following :"a sort of compound between a wine-shop and a coffee-house?
6. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
(a) In Parliament.
(b) At Castle Tzern.
(c) At Castle Kedaria.
(d) In Hell.
7. What is the name of the hotel, where Elaine Youghal eats lunch, that is one of Vienna's most expensive hotels?
(a) Hotel Am Stephansplatz.
(b) Hotel City Central in Vienna.
(c) The Carlton Hotel Vienna.
(d) Speise Saal.
8. How old is James Cushat-Prinkley in "Tea"?
9. At the opening of "The Hedgehog," what is being played by mixed doubles?
(d) Lawn tennis.
10. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
11. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Adopt her.
(c) Fire her.
(d) Marry her off.
12. Who does Dimitri claim to be the "heart and soul for Prince Karl'?
(a) The Kranitizki Regiment.
(b) The Loyal Regiment.
(c) The Royal Regiment.
(d) The Kran Regiment.
13. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
14. What kind of caravan does Elaine pass as she is out riding her horse?
(a) A military caravan.
(b) A show-car caravan.
(c) A gypsy caravan.
(d) A travelling wild-beast show.
15. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
(a) She left the castle.
(b) She fell ill.
(c) She was dragged off by wolves.
(d) She died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird do the explosives cause to flee?
2. Where, according to "The Square Egg," are the best eggs raised?
3. What has disappeared from the Louvre?
4. What was Francesca known as when she was younger?
5. What does Dimitri do to Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)