|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding"?
(a) Samantha of Eyers.
(b) Duchess of Joy.
(c) Anne de Joyeuse.
(d) Princess of the Farms.
2. At what time, in Amalie's tale, would wolves begin to howl?
(a) After the deceased was buried.
(b) As the dying took their final breath.
(c) As the deceased was pronounced dead.
(d) Just before the hour of death.
3. How much money does the egg-seller need?
(a) 180 francs.
(b) 80 rupees.
(c) 80 francs.
(d) 180 pounds.
4. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
(a) The succesor is to be voted upon.
(d) Prince Karl.
5. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Marry her off.
(c) Adopt her.
(d) Fire her.
6. According to "The victim of war," what kind of hen produces a square egg?
(a) A Houdan.
(b) A Sussex.
(c) A Rhode Island Red
(d) A Golden Comet.
7. What does Dimitri do to Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz?
(a) Posioned them.
(b) Banished them.
(c) Imprisoned them.
(d) Shot them.
8. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
9. Comus, when telling Elaine it was too hot for tea, states that he would rather do what?
(a) Drink beer in the gardens.
(b) Swim in the lake.
(c) Feed the swans.
(d) Recline in the gazebo.
10. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
(a) He became known as a fraud.
(b) War broke out.
(c) His aunt killed all of the hens.
(d) His hens all died.
11. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
(a) "The Wife of Bath."
(b) "Sins and Sinners."
(c) "Faerie Queen."
12. What does the London paper state boys should not be given as toys?
(a) "The toys that are to become heirlooms."
(b) "Objects that do not lend themseleves to protection."
(c) "An object that feeds their inner warrior."
(d) "Regiments of fighting men."
13. What is the name of the theater that both Comus and the author of "The Woman Who Wished it was Wednesday" were at?
(a) Strawberry Hill Grande Theater.
(b) Kildonan Theater.
(c) Straw Exchange Theater.
(d) Devonshire Theater.
14. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
15. Which bird is seen "in the chill, misty hour of gloom"?
(a) The vulture.
(b) The grey kingbird.
(c) The musician wren.
(d) The lark.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
2. What has disappeared from the Louvre?
3. What is the most highly valued privilege of the Parliament members in Hell?
4. Whom had the best intentions for Francesca, but never would "carry them into practice"?
5. Where does the opening in "The Death Trap" take place?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)