|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird has the narrator never seen in the war-lands?
(a) The eagle.
(b) The wren.
(c) The pheasant.
(d) The buzzard.
2. What kind of chickens does Merla Blathington's sister hatch?
(a) White Orpington chickens.
(b) Campine chickens.
(c) Bresse chickens.
(d) Sicilian Buttercup chickens.
3. How much money does the egg-seller need?
(a) 180 francs.
(b) 80 francs.
(c) 80 rupees.
(d) 180 pounds.
4. Who "sat immersed in mature flirtation" on a bench facing the Northern Pheasantry?
(a) Ryan Towers.
(b) Steve Myers.
(c) Courtenay Youghal.
(d) Sean Millers.
5. What gift does Harvey Bope give to his nephews on Easter?
(a) A collection of soldiers.
(b) A Somali camel-corps.
(c) A fort model.
(d) A municipal dust-bin.
6. What is the last thing Dmitri does in the story?
(a) Leaves with Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz.
(b) Tells Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz he knew of their plan, then drinks the wine.
(c) Leaves the country to die alone.
(d) Goes mad and imprisons himself.
7. What does Dr. Stronetz offer to Dimitri to speed his inevitable death?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A rope.
(d) A dagger.
8. What kind of caravan does Elaine pass as she is out riding her horse?
(a) A gypsy caravan.
(b) A military caravan.
(c) A show-car caravan.
(d) A travelling wild-beast show.
9. According to "The victim of war," what kind of hen produces a square egg?
(a) A Houdan.
(b) A Golden Comet.
(c) A Sussex.
(d) A Rhode Island Red
10. Who owns the hen that "The victim of war" spoke of?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
11. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
(a) Marry the aunt.
(b) Finance the man's business.
(c) Kill all of the hens.
(d) Start a square-egg hen hatchery.
12. What bird does the narrator come across that "flitted wistfully to and fro"?
(a) A pearl kite.
(b) A purple martin.
(c) A hen-chaffinch.
(d) An osprey.
13. What has disappeared from the Louvre?
(a) A crown.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A picture.
(d) A sculpture.
14. What does the London paper state boys should not be given as toys?
(a) "An object that feeds their inner warrior."
(b) "The toys that are to become heirlooms."
(c) "Objects that do not lend themseleves to protection."
(d) "Regiments of fighting men."
15. What was Francesca known as when she was younger?
(a) Miss Fran.
(b) Miss Greech.
(d) Belle Fran.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "The Square Egg," what animal resembles the "drab-coated creature of the twilight"?
2. How old is Dimitri during the action of the play?
3. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
4. What gallery shows Mervyn Quentock's collection of Society portraits?
5. What does Dimitri do to Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)