|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Fire her.
(c) Adopt her.
(d) Marry her off.
2. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
(a) A wolfhound.
(b) A terrier.
(c) A setter.
(d) A spaniel.
3. Where, according to "The Square Egg," are the best eggs raised?
4. Who has been made Governor of a West Indian dependency?
(a) Sir Frank Fill.
(b) Sir Charles Stockton.
(c) Sir Julian Jull.
(d) Sir Thomas Gunners.
5. What business does Mr. Scarrick own in "Quail Seed"?
(a) A grocery.
(b) A book store.
(c) A feed store.
(d) A tailorshop.
6. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
(a) She left the castle.
(b) She fell ill.
(c) She was dragged off by wolves.
(d) She died.
7. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
(a) "Sins and Sinners."
(c) "The Wife of Bath."
(d) "Faerie Queen."
8. What was Francesca known as when she was younger?
(a) Miss Fran.
(b) Miss Greech.
(c) Belle Fran.
9. How much is the yearly ransom that is to be paid for the return of Crispina Umbreleigh?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 2,000 rupees.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 rupees.
10. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) By the grand elm.
(b) In the great hall.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) By the stove.
11. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
12. According to "The victim of war," what kind of hen produces a square egg?
(a) A Houdan.
(b) A Golden Comet.
(c) A Rhode Island Red
(d) A Sussex.
13. Where does Lena Strudwarden wish to spend Easter?
(a) Newcastle upon Tyne.
14. Which birds hover "in the hottest parts of the line"?
(a) Blue-black pheasants.
(b) Black skimmers.
15. What bird, according to "Birds on the Western Front," is attracted to the rats and mice?
(b) Barn owls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
2. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
3. What does Dimitri tell Stronetz to look out the window at?
4. What bird does the narrator come across that "flitted wistfully to and fro"?
5. What gallery shows Mervyn Quentock's collection of Society portraits?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)