|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
(a) His hens all died.
(b) War broke out.
(c) His aunt killed all of the hens.
(d) He became known as a fraud.
2. Who has been made Governor of a West Indian dependency?
(a) Sir Charles Stockton.
(b) Sir Julian Jull.
(c) Sir Frank Fill.
(d) Sir Thomas Gunners.
3. What kind of caravan does Elaine pass as she is out riding her horse?
(a) A gypsy caravan.
(b) A military caravan.
(c) A travelling wild-beast show.
(d) A show-car caravan.
4. On what street does Francesca Bassington live?
(a) Corner Street.
(b) Blue Street.
(c) Follower's Way.
(d) Main Street.
5. What does Dimitri ask for from Dr. Stronetz. after finding out that he is to die?
(a) A "little bottle."
(b) A grave marker.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A prayer.
6. At the opening of "The Hedgehog," what is being played by mixed doubles?
(d) Lawn tennis.
7. What kind of chickens does Merla Blathington's sister hatch?
(a) Bresse chickens.
(b) Campine chickens.
(c) White Orpington chickens.
(d) Sicilian Buttercup chickens.
8. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Fire her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Marry her off.
(d) Adopt her.
9. What is the highest mark of appreciation in Pandemonium?
(a) Standing ovations.
(b) Stomping of feet.
(d) Being listened to in silent appreciation.
10. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
(a) The inhabitants do not like foreigners.
(b) The city is in a battle.
(c) She had a bad experience there.
(d) Too expensive.
11. Which bird is associated with sorrow?
(a) The finch.
(b) The magpie.
(c) The heron.
(d) The dove.
12. How old is Rex Dillot in "Fate"?
13. What gift does Harvey Bope give to his nephews on Easter?
(a) A collection of soldiers.
(b) A fort model.
(c) A municipal dust-bin.
(d) A Somali camel-corps.
14. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
(a) A setter.
(b) A terrier.
(c) A spaniel.
(d) A wolfhound.
15. What is the name of Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding"?
(a) Anne de Joyeuse.
(b) Duchess of Joy.
(c) Princess of the Farms.
(d) Samantha of Eyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Comus, when telling Elaine it was too hot for tea, states that he would rather do what?
2. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
3. What does Comus give to Greyson to allow him to "toss"?
4. What bird do the explosives cause to flee?
5. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)