|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of "The Hedgehog," what is being played by mixed doubles?
(d) Lawn tennis.
2. Comus, when telling Elaine it was too hot for tea, states that he would rather do what?
(a) Feed the swans.
(b) Recline in the gazebo.
(c) Drink beer in the gardens.
(d) Swim in the lake.
3. What is the highest mark of appreciation in Pandemonium?
(b) Standing ovations.
(c) Being listened to in silent appreciation.
(d) Stomping of feet.
4. Which bird is seen "in the chill, misty hour of gloom"?
(a) The musician wren.
(b) The vulture.
(c) The grey kingbird.
(d) The lark.
5. What did the Baroness say that she is going to do to Amalie after the new year festivities have ended?
(a) Adopt her.
(b) Fire her.
(c) Marry her off.
(d) Kill her.
6. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) By the stove.
(c) In the great hall.
(d) By the grand elm.
7. What does Dimitri tell Stronetz to look out the window at?
(a) The eagles soaring over the trees.
(b) The plains covered with ferns.
(c) The clear and majestic river.
(d) The fairyland of mountains.
8. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
9. What bird do the explosives cause to flee?
10. What is Girnitz's favorite weapon?
(a) The revolver.
(b) The dagger.
(c) The sword.
(d) The musket.
11. What gallery shows Mervyn Quentock's collection of Society portraits?
(a) The Rutland Galleries.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) The National Gallery.
(d) Metropolitan Museum of Art.
12. What is the most highly valued privilege of the Parliament members in Hell?
13. What does the London paper state boys should not be given as toys?
(a) "Regiments of fighting men."
(b) "Objects that do not lend themseleves to protection."
(c) "An object that feeds their inner warrior."
(d) "The toys that are to become heirlooms."
14. Where is the train heading in "The Disappearance of Crispina Umbreleigh"?
(b) St. Albans.
15. Who does Dimitri claim to be the "heart and soul for Prince Karl'?
(a) The Loyal Regiment.
(b) The Kran Regiment.
(c) The Kranitizki Regiment.
(d) The Royal Regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of chickens does Merla Blathington's sister hatch?
2. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
3. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
4. How old is Rex Dillot in "Fate"?
5. According to the wine merchant, what is the "feminine craze" at the time of his aunt's disappearance?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)