|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggested Dimitri's "death" for Dr. Stronetz?
(a) A tale from long ago.
(b) A panic attack.
(c) Dimitri's eyes.
(d) A medical journal.
2. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
(a) The turtledove.
(b) The goose.
(c) The stern.
(d) The magpie.
3. What was Francesca known as when she was younger?
(a) Belle Fran.
(b) Miss Fran.
(d) Miss Greech.
4. What business does Mr. Scarrick own in "Quail Seed"?
(a) A tailorshop.
(b) A grocery.
(c) A feed store.
(d) A book store.
5. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
(a) A terrier.
(b) A setter.
(c) A wolfhound.
(d) A spaniel.
6. What is happening as the curtain rises in "The Death Trap"?
(a) Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz are talking.
(b) Dimitir and Shultz are talking.
(c) Dimitir is sleeping.
(d) Girnitz is arresting an offender.
7. Where does Dimitri believe his blood will cause a stain?
(a) By the grand elm.
(b) By the stove.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In the great hall.
8. Where is an exhibition of proper toys to be displayed?
(a) London Museum.
(b) The town square.
(c) The Hague.
(d) The Commons.
9. What does the London paper state boys should not be given as toys?
(a) "The toys that are to become heirlooms."
(b) "Objects that do not lend themseleves to protection."
(c) "Regiments of fighting men."
(d) "An object that feeds their inner warrior."
10. What bird, according to "Birds on the Western Front," is attracted to the rats and mice?
(b) Barn owls.
11. What does Jane ask Louise to read to Emma?
(a) "Sins and Sinners."
(b) "The Wife of Bath."
(c) "Faerie Queen."
12. What is the last thing Dmitri does in the story?
(a) Leaves the country to die alone.
(b) Goes mad and imprisons himself.
(c) Tells Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz he knew of their plan, then drinks the wine.
(d) Leaves with Girntiza, Vontieff, and Shultz.
13. On what street does Francesca Bassington live?
(a) Follower's Way.
(b) Corner Street.
(c) Blue Street.
(d) Main Street.
14. What kind of sandwiches are Francesca and her brother eating at the opening of "The Unbearable Bassington"?
15. What happens to the Governess before she could enact her wishes upon Amalie? ("The Wolves of Cernogratz")
(a) She was dragged off by wolves.
(b) She left the castle.
(c) She fell ill.
(d) She died.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose honor does Francesca throw a farewell dinner?
2. Where did Courtenay Youghal's "plum-roan gelding" win a prize?
3. Who is to succeed to Dimitri's throne?
4. What do Francesca's enemies know of her to lack?
5. According to another myth, as told by Amalie, who must die for the legend to come true?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)