|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
(a) Made a rug to keep in her home.
(b) Gave it to the villagers.
(c) Mounted the head to keep in her home.
(d) Made a fur coat out of the hide.
2. Where is Reginald sitting at the opening of "Reginald in Russia"?
(a) Mozart's Bistro.
(b) A Princess's library.
(c) A Princess's salon.
(d) The Emperor's Station.
3. What is Mr. Lammer's one ruling passion?
(b) Breeding horses.
(c) Buzzard watching.
(d) Woman watching.
4. What have none of Marion Eggelby's children been brought up to play?
5. Who is Esme?
(a) A favorite horse.
(b) A child.
(c) A friend of the Baroness.
(d) A hyena.
6. What animal does the Brogue detest?
(b) Other horses.
7. What happens to the young buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were eaten.
(c) They were stolen.
(d) They were traped.
8. What instruments announces Mrs. Packletide's successful kill?
9. According to "The Blood-Feud of Toad-Water," what attribute do both hen-folk and women-kind both fail possess?
(a) Solitude during ceremony.
(b) Power during war.
(c) Calmness during misfortune.
(d) Self-control during chaos.
10. In England, what kind of dog does Olga believe to be "chic"?
(a) A Wheaton terrier.
(b) A poodle.
(c) A bull-dog.
(d) A wolfhound.
11. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
(a) A brothel mistress.
(b) A kitchen staff position at the West End Club.
(c) A maid at the Carlton.
(d) A barmaid at a Russian pub.
12. Who lives at Toad-Water?
(a) The Cricks.
(b) The Manters.
(c) The Krafts.
(d) The Blands.
13. What is the Brogue known as?
(c) The Beast.
14. According to "Cross Currents," whom does Alaric Clyde roam about like?
(a) A god of Olympus.
(b) A god of Hellas.
(c) A rabid dog.
(d) A horse freed from bondage.
15. What was the Duchess preparing notes on to speak about at the Club?
(a) Modern warfare.
(b) Raising proper children.
(c) Modern travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "the female relative in the country" believe is the best Christmas present?
2. What does Reginald threaten the narrator with, for being rude, in "Reginald on the Academy"?
3. What kind of wine does Reginald bring for the Duchess to drink when they are at the Carlton?
4. What does the narrator, in "Reginald's Rubaiyat," come to realize while they were in the bathroom?
5. What is Reginald accused of reading which leads to his lack of sense of moral proportion?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)