|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book, mentioned in "The Jesting of Arlington Stringham," is to have been denied being read by everyone?
(a) "By Mere Chance."
(c) "The Gospel of Mary."
(d) "120 Days of Sodom."
2. In what season do the Mullets try to sell the Brogue?
(b) Harvest season.
(c) Christmas season.
(d) Hunting season.
3. Where does Reginald believe that "young men of brilliant attraction" should be?
(b) In school.
(d) At tea parties.
4. What food passion does the Royal duchess have?
(a) Beef olives.
(d) Steak tartar.
5. Where does Arlington Stringham tell his joke?
(a) At Scotland Yard.
(b) At the Vatican.
(c) The House of Commons.
(d) At church.
6. In "Esme," what does Clovis state were all the same?
(a) Vacation stories.
(b) Love stories.
(c) Disaster stories.
(d) Hunting stories.
7. For whom is Mrs. Packletide going to arrange a lunch for at her home on Curzon Street?
(a) Loona Bimberton.
(b) Soyna Apperton.
(c) Virginia Tobermony.
(d) Caroline Finsberry.
8. What is tied up as bait for a tiger?
(a) A goat.
(b) A fox.
(c) A chicken.
(d) Three rabbits.
9. At the opening of "The Match-Maker," what time is it?
10. When, according to Reginald in "Reginald on the Academy", does one go to Heaven prematurely?
(a) When the book has not been signed.
(b) When one has not yet become a man.
(c) When one fails to escape.
(d) When the Sargent has not painted you yet.
11. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
(a) Buteo Buzzards.
(b) Rough-Legged Buzzards.
(c) Common Buzzards.
(d) Black-breasted Buzzards.
12. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
(a) Electric-suction dredge.
(b) Glass bottom boats.
(c) Scuba gear.
13. What is Theophil Eshley's profession "by force of environment"?
(a) A cattle painter.
(b) An sculptor.
(c) A photographer.
(d) A writer.
14. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
15. Why is Reginald writing a poem on peace?
(a) He got a new notebook.
(b) He thought it would make him respected.
(c) He has a new pen.
(d) He thought only he had the answers to the lack of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Emily have?
2. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
3. What, according to Clovis' host, is "becoming a habit" with Clovis?
4. What is the garnish used on the duck entree in "The Chaplet"?
5. What animal does the Brogue detest?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)