|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book, mentioned in "The Jesting of Arlington Stringham," is to have been denied being read by everyone?
(a) "By Mere Chance."
(c) "120 Days of Sodom."
(d) "The Gospel of Mary."
2. What does Mrs. Eggelby promise Clovis at the end of "Clovis on Parental Responsibilities"?
(a) That Clovis would be destroyed.
(b) That she would find Clovis a wife.
(c) That she would insure that her son would come over.
(d) That he would never meet her son.
3. For whom is Mrs. Packletide going to arrange a lunch for at her home on Curzon Street?
(a) Virginia Tobermony.
(b) Caroline Finsberry.
(c) Soyna Apperton.
(d) Loona Bimberton.
4. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
5. At the opening of "The Match-Maker," what time is it?
6. What ailment does Miss Gilpet state is fictitious?
7. Who does Emily bribe in order to get her deckchair next to the Major?
(a) The captain.
(b) The steward.
(c) A maid.
(d) A deckhand.
8. Who "harms" the buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
(a) A local hairdresser.
(b) The Duchess.
9. What, according to Clovis' host, is "becoming a habit" with Clovis?
(a) False stories.
(d) Red wines.
10. What age was the Baroness at the time of "Esme"?
11. Who does the condemned man fall in love with?
(a) A neighbor's daughter.
(b) A madame of a brothel.
(c) A neighbor's wife.
(d) The local doctor's wife.
12. What does Reginald state is the reason that his aunt "adopted" him?
(a) He was lost.
(b) He needed a leader.
(c) He was left by his parents.
(d) He was a decorative sorrow.
13. What is the garnish used on the duck entree in "The Chaplet"?
14. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
15. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
(a) Gave it to the villagers.
(b) Mounted the head to keep in her home.
(c) Made a rug to keep in her home.
(d) Made a fur coat out of the hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Reginald writing a poem on peace?
2. Who does Marion Eggelby state that Clovis would like (one of her children)?
3. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
4. What does Emily accuse all men of being?
5. What does Reginald want to write a book about?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)