|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have none of Marion Eggelby's children been brought up to play?
2. What is Mr. Lammer's one ruling passion?
(a) Breeding horses.
(c) Woman watching.
(d) Buzzard watching.
3. What color does the Queen of Spain detest?
4. What is the name of Vanessa's husband?
5. Where is Reginald sitting at the opening of "Reginald in Russia"?
(a) A Princess's salon.
(b) The Emperor's Station.
(c) Mozart's Bistro.
(d) A Princess's library.
6. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
7. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
8. What is wrong with Vanessa Pennington's husband?
(a) He was an abuser.
(b) He was poor.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He was too thin.
9. Who does Mrs. Packletide hit when she fires off her gun?
(a) A tribesman.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The bait.
(d) Her guide.
10. What, according to Clovis' host, is "becoming a habit" with Clovis?
(a) False stories.
(c) Red wines.
11. Why does Mrs. Packletide say that she will never hunt again?
(a) Too expensive.
(b) Too humbling.
(c) Too much excitement.
(d) Too emotional.
12. According to "Cross Currents," whom does Alaric Clyde roam about like?
(a) A god of Hellas.
(b) A horse freed from bondage.
(c) A god of Olympus.
(d) A rabid dog.
13. What kind of wine does Reginald bring for the Duchess to drink when they are at the Carlton?
14. Who lives at Toad-Water?
(a) The Manters.
(b) The Blands.
(c) The Krafts.
(d) The Cricks.
15. What does the narrator, in "Reginald's Rubaiyat," come to realize while they were in the bathroom?
(a) They needed to buy a gift.
(b) They needed to pay a debt.
(c) They wanted to get married.
(d) They wanted to be a poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Mrs. Packletide going to arrange a lunch for at her home on Curzon Street?
2. Who is Esme?
3. Who does Marion Eggelby state that Clovis would like (one of her children)?
4. Who asks Clovis if he was a matchmaker?
5. What is Theophil Eshley's profession "by force of environment"?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)