|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Esme?
(a) A favorite horse.
(b) A friend of the Baroness.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A child.
2. What is Mr. Lammer's one ruling passion?
(a) Buzzard watching.
(c) Woman watching.
(d) Breeding horses.
3. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
(a) Mounted the head to keep in her home.
(b) Made a fur coat out of the hide.
(c) Made a rug to keep in her home.
(d) Gave it to the villagers.
4. What does Reginald claim that ducks did not have?
(a) Real life.
5. What vessel is found during the search for sunken treasure?
(d) Andria Dora.
6. What does Reginald want to write a book about?
(a) His mother.
(c) Personal reminiscences.
(d) Relationships with older women.
7. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
(a) Glass bottom boats.
(b) Scuba gear.
(c) Electric-suction dredge.
8. What kind of flower does Reginald place in the button-hole of his lounge coat?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A carnation.
(c) A rose.
(d) A lilly.
9. For how many years has the galleon laid in semi-retirement?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 125 years.
(c) 250 years.
(d) 325 years.
10. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
11. What does "the female relative in the country" believe is the best Christmas present?
(a) A book.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A basket of wheat.
(d) A tie.
12. What is the name of the Mullets' daughter that Mr. Penricarde admires?
13. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
(a) A kitchen staff position at the West End Club.
(b) A barmaid at a Russian pub.
(c) A brothel mistress.
(d) A maid at the Carlton.
14. According to Reginald, who is never taught at a young enough age, about quality Christmas presents?
15. In "Esme," what does Clovis state were all the same?
(a) Love stories.
(b) Hunting stories.
(c) Vacation stories.
(d) Disaster stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the Brogue detest?
2. What ailment does Miss Gilpet state is fictitious?
3. According to "Cross Currents," whom does Alaric Clyde roam about like?
4. Who does Emily bribe in order to get her deckchair next to the Major?
5. How many children does Emily have?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)