|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "kind" of child does the Baroness come across during her ride?
(a) An abandoned child.
(b) A gypsy child.
(c) A wolf-child.
(d) A peasant's child.
2. According to "Cross Currents," whom does Alaric Clyde roam about like?
(a) A rabid dog.
(b) A god of Olympus.
(c) A god of Hellas.
(d) A horse freed from bondage.
3. Who does the Baroness state was "one of those strapping florid girls"?
4. What food passion does the Royal duchess have?
(b) Steak tartar.
(d) Beef olives.
5. Which empire, according to Reginald, has problems with limits existing in the same place?
6. What kind of animal does the Baroness come across while on horseback?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A lion.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A boar.
7. What does Clovis believe to be "more beautiful than any religion"?
8. According to Reginald, in "Reginald on House-Parties", who does one never really know?
(a) The hosts.
(b) The other guests.
(c) The fox-terrier.
(d) The meaning of the party.
9. Who does "the Other" quote, in "Reginald's Peace Poem", when they stated "I agree with you"?
10. Who does the former farmer marry?
(a) A madame of a brothel.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A lion-tamer's widow.
(d) His best friend's daughter.
11. Who lives at Toad-Water?
(a) The Blands.
(b) The Krafts.
(c) The Cricks.
(d) The Manters.
12. What kind of wine does Reginald bring for the Duchess to drink when they are at the Carlton?
13. What happens to the rich Armenian who refused Mr. Lammer's request?
(a) He was shot and left to die.
(b) He was run over by a carriage.
(c) He was thrown over the cliffs.
(d) He was beaten nearly to death.
14. What kind of party is Reginald persuaded to go to?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A tea party.
(c) A garden party.
(d) A surprise party.
15. With whom does Reginald regard with distrust in "Reginald at the Theater"?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) His aunt.
(d) The actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
2. In what season do the Mullets try to sell the Brogue?
3. How many times does the orchestra play "The Chaplet"?
4. Who does Marion Eggelby state that Clovis would like (one of her children)?
5. Why does the Baroness prefer her home to the wilderness?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)