|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
(a) A book.
(b) To tell his entire story.
(c) A feast created for a king.
(d) New clothes.
2. What is the garnish used on the duck entree in "The Chaplet"?
3. What color does the Queen of Spain detest?
4. Why does the Baroness prefer her home to the wilderness?
(a) All of those stated.
(b) Domestic service.
(d) Hot and cold water.
5. Who lives at Toad-Water?
(a) The Cricks.
(b) The Blands.
(c) The Manters.
(d) The Krafts.
6. What animal does the Brogue detest?
(d) Other horses.
7. Who does the former farmer marry?
(a) A madame of a brothel.
(b) A lion-tamer's widow.
(c) His best friend's daughter.
(d) A prostitute.
8. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
9. What type of hen has come between Jane and Dora?
(a) A Sussex.
(b) A Golden Comet.
(c) A Barred Rock.
(d) A Leghorn.
10. Where does Reginald believe that "young men of brilliant attraction" should be?
(b) In school.
(c) At tea parties.
11. What does the condemned man come across on a dark and lonely highway?
(a) An abandoned dog.
(b) A felled tree.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A Bible.
12. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
(a) Gave it to the villagers.
(b) Made a fur coat out of the hide.
(c) Mounted the head to keep in her home.
(d) Made a rug to keep in her home.
13. What does Reginald state is the reason that his aunt "adopted" him?
(a) He was lost.
(b) He needed a leader.
(c) He was left by his parents.
(d) He was a decorative sorrow.
14. What is the name of the family who lose their child in "The Quest"?
15. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
(a) Scuba gear.
(b) Electric-suction dredge.
(d) Glass bottom boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sturridge "believe" Jane to be?
2. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
3. According to "Cross Currents," whom does Alaric Clyde roam about like?
4. How many children does Emily have?
5. Who "harms" the buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)