|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
(b) Glass bottom boats.
(c) Scuba gear.
(d) Electric-suction dredge.
2. What happens to the young buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
(a) They were eaten.
(b) They were traped.
(c) They were shot.
(d) They were stolen.
3. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
(a) To tell his entire story.
(b) New clothes.
(c) A feast created for a king.
(d) A book.
4. Who does the Major flatter with attention to make Emily jealous?
(a) A ballerina.
(b) A flapper.
(c) A model.
(d) A maid.
5. What present does Reginald not want at all for Christmas?
(a) A Prayer-book.
(b) A waist-coat.
(c) A tie.
6. According to Reginald, who is never taught at a young enough age, about quality Christmas presents?
7. What food passion does the Royal duchess have?
(b) Steak tartar.
(d) Beef olives.
8. Where is Reginald sitting at the opening of "Reginald in Russia"?
(a) The Emperor's Station.
(b) Mozart's Bistro.
(c) A Princess's salon.
(d) A Princess's library.
9. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
(a) Made a fur coat out of the hide.
(b) Mounted the head to keep in her home.
(c) Made a rug to keep in her home.
(d) Gave it to the villagers.
10. According to "Cross Currents," whom does Alaric Clyde roam about like?
(a) A god of Olympus.
(b) A horse freed from bondage.
(c) A god of Hellas.
(d) A rabid dog.
11. Whose identity does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," assume?
(a) A dead Salvationist.
(b) A priests.
(c) A missing hiker's.
(d) A dead soldier's.
12. When, according to Reginald in "Reginald on the Academy", does one go to Heaven prematurely?
(a) When one fails to escape.
(b) When the Sargent has not painted you yet.
(c) When one has not yet become a man.
(d) When the book has not been signed.
13. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
14. Where does Reginald believe that "young men of brilliant attraction" should be?
(a) At tea parties.
(b) In school.
15. What does the narrator, in "Reginald's Rubaiyat," come to realize while they were in the bathroom?
(a) They needed to pay a debt.
(b) They wanted to get married.
(c) They wanted to be a poet.
(d) They needed to buy a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vanessa's husband?
2. How many children does Emily have?
3. What does Reginald claim that ducks did not have?
4. What is found in the strong box of the sunken vessel?
5. Who does the condemned man fall in love with?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)