|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator, in "Reginald's Rubaiyat," come to realize while they were in the bathroom?
(a) They needed to pay a debt.
(b) They needed to buy a gift.
(c) They wanted to be a poet.
(d) They wanted to get married.
2. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
(a) Black-breasted Buzzards.
(b) Buteo Buzzards.
(c) Rough-Legged Buzzards.
(d) Common Buzzards.
3. According to "The Blood-Feud of Toad-Water," what attribute do both hen-folk and women-kind both fail possess?
(a) Self-control during chaos.
(b) Calmness during misfortune.
(c) Solitude during ceremony.
(d) Power during war.
4. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
(a) A barmaid at a Russian pub.
(b) A maid at the Carlton.
(c) A brothel mistress.
(d) A kitchen staff position at the West End Club.
5. Who is Esme?
(a) A child.
(b) A favorite horse.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A friend of the Baroness.
6. What kind of party is Reginald persuaded to go to?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A garden party.
(c) A surprise party.
(d) A tea party.
7. Whose job is it to insure that both Jane and Dora do not come face-to-face?
(b) Clovis' mother.
8. What does Reginald state is the reason that his aunt "adopted" him?
(a) He was left by his parents.
(b) He was lost.
(c) He needed a leader.
(d) He was a decorative sorrow.
9. How many children does Emily have?
10. What kind of dog does Olga keep?
(d) Irish Setter.
11. Which empire, according to Reginald, has problems with limits existing in the same place?
12. What is tied up as bait for a tiger?
(a) Three rabbits.
(b) A fox.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A goat.
13. What is found in the strong box of the sunken vessel?
(a) A locket with a picture of the Duchess.
(b) Gold and silver coins.
(c) A map to the sunken treasure.
(d) Papers naming people of question.
14. What "kind" of child does the Baroness come across during her ride?
(a) A gypsy child.
(b) A wolf-child.
(c) An abandoned child.
(d) A peasant's child.
15. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
(a) Glass bottom boats.
(c) Electric-suction dredge.
(d) Scuba gear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reginald accused of reading which leads to his lack of sense of moral proportion?
2. According to Reginald, in "Reginald on House-Parties", who does one never really know?
3. What responsibility do the Saunderses have based upon "Fate"?
4. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
5. Who does "the Other" quote, in "Reginald's Peace Poem", when they stated "I agree with you"?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)