|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "the female relative in the country" believe is the best Christmas present?
(a) A tie.
(b) A basket of wheat.
(c) A book.
(d) A rooster.
2. What does Reginald state is the reason that his aunt "adopted" him?
(a) He was a decorative sorrow.
(b) He was left by his parents.
(c) He was lost.
(d) He needed a leader.
3. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
(a) Buteo Buzzards.
(b) Common Buzzards.
(c) Black-breasted Buzzards.
(d) Rough-Legged Buzzards.
4. What ailment does Miss Gilpet state is fictitious?
5. According to the Princess, what do Russians have too much of to allow them to be light-hearted?
6. In what season do the Mullets try to sell the Brogue?
(a) Harvest season.
(b) Christmas season.
(d) Hunting season.
7. What instruments announces Mrs. Packletide's successful kill?
8. What "kind" of child does the Baroness come across during her ride?
(a) A gypsy child.
(b) An abandoned child.
(c) A peasant's child.
(d) A wolf-child.
9. How many hands tall is the Brogue?
10. What is the name of the Mullets' daughter that Mr. Penricarde admires?
11. How much does Mrs. Packletide offer to a village to have the opportunity to shoot a tiger?
(a) 1,000 rupees.
(b) 1,000 yen.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 rupees.
12. What does Mrs. Eggelby promise Clovis at the end of "Clovis on Parental Responsibilities"?
(a) That she would find Clovis a wife.
(b) That Clovis would be destroyed.
(c) That he would never meet her son.
(d) That she would insure that her son would come over.
13. What have none of Marion Eggelby's children been brought up to play?
14. Who does Marion Eggelby state that Clovis would like (one of her children)?
15. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
2. According to "The Blood-Feud of Toad-Water," what attribute do both hen-folk and women-kind both fail possess?
3. How many children does Emily have?
4. In England, what kind of dog does Olga believe to be "chic"?
5. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)