|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the former farmer marry?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) His best friend's daughter.
(c) A lion-tamer's widow.
(d) A madame of a brothel.
2. Where does Adela Pingsford say the ox is?
(a) In her garden.
(b) In her orange groves.
(c) In the olive fields.
(d) On Eshley's land.
3. What is the Brogue known as?
(a) The Beast.
4. What does Reginald want to write a book about?
(a) Relationships with older women.
(b) His mother.
(d) Personal reminiscences.
5. What food passion does the Royal duchess have?
(a) Steak tartar.
(b) Beef olives.
6. Who does the Major flatter with attention to make Emily jealous?
(a) A ballerina.
(b) A model.
(c) A maid.
(d) A flapper.
7. What color does the Queen of Spain detest?
8. Why is Reginald writing a poem on peace?
(a) He got a new notebook.
(b) He thought only he had the answers to the lack of peace.
(c) He thought it would make him respected.
(d) He has a new pen.
9. Who lives at Toad-Water?
(a) The Manters.
(b) The Blands.
(c) The Krafts.
(d) The Cricks.
10. What is wrong with Vanessa Pennington's husband?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He was poor.
(c) He was too thin.
(d) He was an abuser.
11. What kind of mines does Mr. Penricarde own?
12. What kind of animal does the Baroness come across while on horseback?
(a) A boar.
(b) A lion.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A hyena.
13. Where does Reginald believe that "young men of brilliant attraction" should be?
(a) At tea parties.
(c) In school.
14. What does "the female relative in the country" believe is the best Christmas present?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A basket of wheat.
(c) A book.
(d) A tie.
15. What does Reginald threaten the narrator with, for being rude, in "Reginald on the Academy"?
(a) To leave and never come back.
(b) To buy them a tie for Christmas.
(c) To cause a scene at dinner.
(d) To dine with them the following night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the garnish used on the duck entree in "The Chaplet"?
2. In "Esme," what does Clovis state were all the same?
3. Why does the Baroness prefer her home to the wilderness?
4. Where is Reginald sitting at the opening of "Reginald in Russia"?
5. What kind of dog does Olga keep?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)