|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the orchestra play "The Chaplet"?
2. What age was the Baroness at the time of "Esme"?
3. What is tied up as bait for a tiger?
(a) A goat.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A fox.
(d) Three rabbits.
4. What is the garnish used on the duck entree in "The Chaplet"?
5. What is the name of the Mullets' daughter that Mr. Penricarde admires?
6. What have none of Marion Eggelby's children been brought up to play?
7. Who asks Clovis if he was a matchmaker?
(a) Hugo Peterby.
(b) Michael Drund.
(c) Walter Mitty.
(d) Victor Franz.
8. Why does Mrs. Packletide say that she will never hunt again?
(a) Too much excitement.
(b) Too humbling.
(c) Too expensive.
(d) Too emotional.
9. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A book.
(c) A feast created for a king.
(d) To tell his entire story.
10. With whom does Reginald regard with distrust in "Reginald at the Theater"?
(a) The Duke.
(b) His aunt.
(c) The actors.
(d) The Duchess.
11. Who does Mrs. Packletide hit when she fires off her gun?
(a) A tribesman.
(b) Her guide.
(c) The tiger.
(d) The bait.
12. Why does one go to the Academy?
(a) To learn about science.
(b) To get away from one's parents.
(c) To escape to solitude.
(d) In self-defense.
13. For whom is Mrs. Packletide going to arrange a lunch for at her home on Curzon Street?
(a) Loona Bimberton.
(b) Caroline Finsberry.
(c) Virginia Tobermony.
(d) Soyna Apperton.
14. Where does Arlington Stringham tell his joke?
(a) At Scotland Yard.
(b) The House of Commons.
(c) At church.
(d) At the Vatican.
15. Who does Sturridge "believe" Jane to be?
(a) The Prophet Elijah.
(b) Queen Anne.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) Joan of Arc.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of "The Match-Maker," what time is it?
2. Who is Esme?
3. In "Esme," what does Clovis state were all the same?
4. What kind of wine does Reginald bring for the Duchess to drink when they are at the Carlton?
5. What is Theophil Eshley's profession "by force of environment"?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)