|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the Brogue detest?
(d) Other horses.
2. Where does Adela Pingsford say the ox is?
(a) In her garden.
(b) In her orange groves.
(c) On Eshley's land.
(d) In the olive fields.
3. How much does Mrs. Packletide offer to a village to have the opportunity to shoot a tiger?
(a) 1,000 yen.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 rupees.
(d) 10,000 rupees.
4. How many times does the orchestra play "The Chaplet"?
5. What kind of animal does the Baroness come across while on horseback?
(a) A lion.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A boar.
6. Who does Sturridge "believe" Jane to be?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(b) The Prophet Elijah.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) Joan of Arc.
7. What is Reginald accused of reading which leads to his lack of sense of moral proportion?
8. According to Reginald, who is never taught at a young enough age, about quality Christmas presents?
9. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
10. What does Mrs. Eggelby promise Clovis at the end of "Clovis on Parental Responsibilities"?
(a) That she would insure that her son would come over.
(b) That Clovis would be destroyed.
(c) That he would never meet her son.
(d) That she would find Clovis a wife.
11. What does the condemned man come across on a dark and lonely highway?
(a) A felled tree.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A dead body.
(d) An abandoned dog.
12. What happens to the rich Armenian who refused Mr. Lammer's request?
(a) He was run over by a carriage.
(b) He was thrown over the cliffs.
(c) He was shot and left to die.
(d) He was beaten nearly to death.
13. Who does Marion Eggelby state that Clovis would like (one of her children)?
14. In "The Chaplet," what waltz is the orchestra not playing?
(a) The Rose Colored Glasses waltz.
(b) Washington's Waltz.
(c) The Ice-cream Sailor waltz.
(d) The Starlit Night Waltz.
15. Who does the former farmer marry?
(a) A madame of a brothel.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) His best friend's daughter.
(d) A lion-tamer's widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
2. What "kind" of child does the Baroness come across during her ride?
3. What does Clovis believe to be "more beautiful than any religion"?
4. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
5. When, according to Reginald in "Reginald on the Academy", does one go to Heaven prematurely?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)