|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose identity does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," assume?
(a) A dead Salvationist.
(b) A dead soldier's.
(c) A priests.
(d) A missing hiker's.
2. When, according to Reginald in "Reginald on the Academy", does one go to Heaven prematurely?
(a) When the Sargent has not painted you yet.
(b) When one fails to escape.
(c) When the book has not been signed.
(d) When one has not yet become a man.
3. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
4. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
(a) Electric-suction dredge.
(b) Scuba gear.
(d) Glass bottom boats.
5. Who does Mrs. Packletide hit when she fires off her gun?
(a) Her guide.
(b) A tribesman.
(c) The tiger.
(d) The bait.
6. At the opening of "The Match-Maker," what time is it?
7. Who does "the Other" quote, in "Reginald's Peace Poem", when they stated "I agree with you"?
8. What age was the Baroness at the time of "Esme"?
9. What is the name of the family who lose their child in "The Quest"?
10. What kind of mines does Mr. Penricarde own?
11. What was the Duchess preparing notes on to speak about at the Club?
(a) Modern travel.
(c) Raising proper children.
(d) Modern warfare.
12. What does Reginald claim that ducks did not have?
(d) Real life.
13. Who does the condemned man fall in love with?
(a) A madame of a brothel.
(b) The local doctor's wife.
(c) A neighbor's wife.
(d) A neighbor's daughter.
14. Why does the Baroness prefer her home to the wilderness?
(b) All of those stated.
(c) Hot and cold water.
(d) Domestic service.
15. Why is Reginald writing a poem on peace?
(a) He got a new notebook.
(b) He thought only he had the answers to the lack of peace.
(c) He has a new pen.
(d) He thought it would make him respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Esme?
2. What present does Reginald not want at all for Christmas?
3. What happens to the rich Armenian who refused Mr. Lammer's request?
4. What color does the Queen of Spain detest?
5. What is tied up as bait for a tiger?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)