|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does the Queen of Spain detest?
2. According to "Cross Currents," whom does Alaric Clyde roam about like?
(a) A horse freed from bondage.
(b) A rabid dog.
(c) A god of Olympus.
(d) A god of Hellas.
3. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
4. What have none of Marion Eggelby's children been brought up to play?
5. What happens to the young buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
(a) They were traped.
(b) They were stolen.
(c) They were eaten.
(d) They were shot.
6. Whose identity does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," assume?
(a) A missing hiker's.
(b) A dead soldier's.
(c) A priests.
(d) A dead Salvationist.
7. Why does the Baroness prefer her home to the wilderness?
(b) Domestic service.
(c) All of those stated.
(d) Hot and cold water.
8. What "kind" of child does the Baroness come across during her ride?
(a) A wolf-child.
(b) An abandoned child.
(c) A peasant's child.
(d) A gypsy child.
9. What does the condemned man come across on a dark and lonely highway?
(a) A felled tree.
(b) An abandoned dog.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A dead body.
10. What does Mrs. Packletide do with the dead tiger?
(a) Gave it to the villagers.
(b) Mounted the head to keep in her home.
(c) Made a rug to keep in her home.
(d) Made a fur coat out of the hide.
11. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
(a) To tell his entire story.
(b) A feast created for a king.
(c) A book.
(d) New clothes.
12. What age was the Baroness at the time of "Esme"?
13. According to Reginald, who is never taught at a young enough age, about quality Christmas presents?
14. Who "harms" the buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
(a) The Duchess.
(c) A local hairdresser.
15. What instruments announces Mrs. Packletide's successful kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clovis believe to be "more beautiful than any religion"?
2. Who does Emily bribe in order to get her deckchair next to the Major?
3. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
4. What food passion does the Royal duchess have?
5. What is the name of Vanessa's husband?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)