|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Duchess preparing notes on to speak about at the Club?
(a) Modern travel.
(c) Raising proper children.
(d) Modern warfare.
2. What is the Brogue known as?
(c) The Beast.
3. What responsibility do the Saunderses have based upon "Fate"?
(a) Milk production.
(b) Keeping fowls.
(c) Cow slaughter.
(d) Cultivating of crops.
4. What poetic device does Reginald use in the first line of his poem on peace?
5. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
(a) A maid at the Carlton.
(b) A brothel mistress.
(c) A kitchen staff position at the West End Club.
(d) A barmaid at a Russian pub.
6. Where does Reginald believe that "young men of brilliant attraction" should be?
(a) In school.
(d) At tea parties.
7. At the opening of "The Match-Maker," what time is it?
8. Who does the Baroness state was "one of those strapping florid girls"?
9. What "kind" of child does the Baroness come across during her ride?
(a) A gypsy child.
(b) An abandoned child.
(c) A peasant's child.
(d) A wolf-child.
10. Who does Sturridge "believe" Jane to be?
(a) The Prophet Elijah.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) Joan of Arc.
11. How many times does the orchestra play "The Chaplet"?
12. What color does the Queen of Spain detest?
13. Who lives at Toad-Water?
(a) The Krafts.
(b) The Manters.
(c) The Cricks.
(d) The Blands.
14. What does Emily accuse all men of being?
15. Over how many countries is the condemned man sought?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reginald, who is never taught at a young enough age, about quality Christmas presents?
2. In "Esme," what does Clovis state were all the same?
3. In "The Chaplet," what waltz is the orchestra not playing?
4. Who does Emily bribe in order to get her deckchair next to the Major?
5. How many children does Emily have?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)