|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Toys of Peace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lena concerned about her husband's plans for Easter?
(a) She had a bad experience there.
(b) Too expensive.
(c) The inhabitants do not like foreigners.
(d) The city is in a battle.
2. What does "the female relative in the country" believe is the best Christmas present?
(a) A basket of wheat.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A book.
(d) A tie.
3. What animal does the Brogue detest?
(c) Other horses.
4. Where does Arlington Stringham tell his joke?
(a) At the Vatican.
(b) At Scotland Yard.
(c) The House of Commons.
(d) At church.
5. What kind of wine does Reginald bring for the Duchess to drink when they are at the Carlton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clovis believe to be "more beautiful than any religion"?
2. What instruments announces Mrs. Packletide's successful kill?
3. How old is Rex Dillot in "Fate"?
4. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
5. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)