|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Square Egg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Adela Pingsford say the ox is?
(a) In her orange groves.
(b) In the olive fields.
(c) In her garden.
(d) On Eshley's land.
2. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
(a) A heron.
(b) A rook.
(c) A wren.
(d) A dove.
3. What word does "The Square Egg" define through the following :"a sort of compound between a wine-shop and a coffee-house?
4. What type of hen has come between Jane and Dora?
(a) A Golden Comet.
(b) A Leghorn.
(c) A Sussex.
(d) A Barred Rock.
5. Which bird is associated with sorrow?
(a) The dove.
(b) The heron.
(c) The magpie.
(d) The finch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sturridge "believe" Jane to be?
2. What is Theophil Eshley's profession "by force of environment"?
3. Where is Reginald sitting at the opening of "Reginald in Russia"?
4. What does the condemned man come across on a dark and lonely highway?
5. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)