|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Square Egg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What responsibility do the Saunderses have based upon "Fate"?
(a) Cultivating of crops.
(b) Cow slaughter.
(c) Keeping fowls.
(d) Milk production.
2. What kind of mines does Mr. Penricarde own?
3. What job has Vanessa acquired at the end of "Cross Currents"?
(a) A barmaid at a Russian pub.
(b) A brothel mistress.
(c) A kitchen staff position at the West End Club.
(d) A maid at the Carlton.
4. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
5. What animal does the Brogue detest?
(b) Other horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lammer's one ruling passion?
2. According to the Princess, what do Russians have too much of to allow them to be light-hearted?
3. Who does Emily bribe in order to get her deckchair next to the Major?
4. What word does "The Square Egg" define through the following :"a sort of compound between a wine-shop and a coffee-house?
5. What bird does the narrator come across that "flitted wistfully to and fro"?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)