|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Square Egg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the condemned man fall in love with?
(a) A neighbor's daughter.
(b) The local doctor's wife.
(c) A madame of a brothel.
(d) A neighbor's wife.
2. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
(a) Finance the man's business.
(b) Kill all of the hens.
(c) Marry the aunt.
(d) Start a square-egg hen hatchery.
3. What bird has the narrator never seen in the war-lands?
(a) The wren.
(b) The eagle.
(c) The pheasant.
(d) The buzzard.
4. What happens to the young buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
(a) They were eaten.
(b) They were traped.
(c) They were stolen.
(d) They were shot.
5. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
(c) All of them.
(d) Wild pigeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of buzzards does Mrs. Olsten say are nesting in her woods?
2. What vessel is found during the search for sunken treasure?
3. Where does Adela Pingsford say the ox is?
4. Who asks Clovis if he was a matchmaker?
5. According to "The Blood-Feud of Toad-Water," what attribute do both hen-folk and women-kind both fail possess?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)