|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Square Egg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
(a) The goose.
(b) The stern.
(c) The turtledove.
(d) The magpie.
2. What does Emily accuse all men of being?
3. According to "The Blood-Feud of Toad-Water," what attribute do both hen-folk and women-kind both fail possess?
(a) Self-control during chaos.
(b) Solitude during ceremony.
(c) Power during war.
(d) Calmness during misfortune.
4. Who does the condemned man fall in love with?
(a) A neighbor's wife.
(b) A madame of a brothel.
(c) The local doctor's wife.
(d) A neighbor's daughter.
5. How many children does Emily have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does the English gamekeeper believe can drive birds from their nests?
2. Who is bitten by a dog that is assumed to have rabies?
3. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
4. What is Mr. Lammer's one ruling passion?
5. Which birds hover "in the hottest parts of the line"?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)