|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Square Egg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird, according to "Birds on the Western Front," is attracted to the rats and mice?
(c) Barn owls.
2. What happened that stopped the egg-seller from being able to get rich off of square eggs?
(a) His hens all died.
(b) War broke out.
(c) His aunt killed all of the hens.
(d) He became known as a fraud.
3. Which bird is associated with sorrow?
(a) The finch.
(b) The heron.
(c) The dove.
(d) The magpie.
4. For how many years has the galleon laid in semi-retirement?
(a) 325 years.
(b) 250 years.
(c) 125 years.
(d) 500 years.
5. Who does the Major flatter with attention to make Emily jealous?
(a) A ballerina.
(b) A flapper.
(c) A model.
(d) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the young buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
2. What have none of Marion Eggelby's children been brought up to play?
3. What kind of bird has the narrator seen sleeping in an English meadow?
4. What type of hen has come between Jane and Dora?
5. At the end of "The Square Egg," what did the narrator state he is going to do?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)