|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Square Egg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Brogue known as?
(a) The Beast.
2. What is the name of the Mullets' daughter that Mr. Penricarde admires?
3. Which birds hover "in the hottest parts of the line"?
(b) Blue-black pheasants.
(d) Black skimmers.
4. What bird does the narrator come across that "flitted wistfully to and fro"?
(a) A hen-chaffinch.
(b) A pearl kite.
(c) A purple martin.
(d) An osprey.
5. What is found in the strong box of the sunken vessel?
(a) A map to the sunken treasure.
(b) Gold and silver coins.
(c) A locket with a picture of the Duchess.
(d) Papers naming people of question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
2. Who is bitten by a dog that is assumed to have rabies?
3. According to "The Square Egg," what animal resembles the "drab-coated creature of the twilight"?
4. Who "harms" the buzzards at the end of "The Forbidden Buzzards"?
5. How many miles do the children at Toad-Water have to walk to school?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)