|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Square Egg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird, according to "Birds on the Western Front," is attracted to the rats and mice?
(c) Barn owls.
2. What invention does the Duchess believe to be the key to the recovery of the sunken treasure?
(b) Glass bottom boats.
(c) Electric-suction dredge.
(d) Scuba gear.
3. What bird does the narrator come across that "flitted wistfully to and fro"?
(a) A hen-chaffinch.
(b) A pearl kite.
(c) A purple martin.
(d) An osprey.
4. What does Mrs. Eggelby promise Clovis at the end of "Clovis on Parental Responsibilities"?
(a) That she would find Clovis a wife.
(b) That Clovis would be destroyed.
(c) That he would never meet her son.
(d) That she would insure that her son would come over.
5. What does the condemned man, in "The Lost Sanjak," want as consolation?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A feast created for a king.
(c) A book.
(d) To tell his entire story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird builds their nests in the "battered remnants" of a poplar tree?
2. What type of hen has come between Jane and Dora?
3. Which bird does the Russian naturalists state has disappeared?
4. Who does Sturridge "believe" Jane to be?
5. Who is bitten by a dog that is assumed to have rabies?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)