|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three cities have law firms that work for Mattiece?
2. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
3. Where does Grantham go to meet Shaw for the first time?
4. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
5. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
2. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
3. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
4. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
5. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
6. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
7. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
8. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
9. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
10. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 25, someone assassinates Khamel. Who do you think performed the assassination and why? Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Voyles is able to use information to keep the upper hand in his dealings with the President and with a senator who wants to investigate the FBI's protection of the justices.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Barr goes to meet with Mattiece. Describe his mission and the results of his mission.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)