|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
2. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
3. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
4. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
5. Why was Morgan working late when he was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
2. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
3. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
4. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
5. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
6. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
7. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
8. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
9. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
10. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Justices Rosenberg and Jensen were very different individuals, both were murdered by the same man. Compare and contrast Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Abraham Rosenberg refuses to retire from the Supreme Court even though he is in extremely poor health.
Essay Topic 3
The President and Coal are very worried about the pelican brief and what might happen if the brief would become public. Explain why the pelican brief was such a liability for the President and for Coal.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)