|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
2. Who does Khamel's employer want him to kill?
3. Who kills Verheek?
4. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
5. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
2. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
3. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
4. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
5. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
6. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
7. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
8. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
9. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
10. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the reasons why Thomas Callahan is one of the most popular professors at Tulane University.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the ways that the FBI and the CIA work together in the novel, and how they share information confidentially.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Voyles is able to use information to keep the upper hand in his dealings with the President and with a senator who wants to investigate the FBI's protection of the justices.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)