|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the President's wife taking money from the rich?
2. After Shaw leaves New Orleans, where does the CIA lose her trail?
3. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
4. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
5. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
2. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
3. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
4. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
5. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
6. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
7. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
8. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
9. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
10. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 26, Voyles decides to do a complete investigation of the pelican brief. Explain why Voyles decides to do a complete investigation, and why he decides to not inform the President and Coal of his decision.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the pelican brief was first sent to the White House by Voyles and what his purpose was for giving the brief to Coal and the President.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)