|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
2. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
3. How much is Croft being paid to watch lawyers' offices?
4. What happened to the man Shaw thought was Verheek?
5. Who is the night police reporter for the Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
2. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
3. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
4. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
5. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
6. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
7. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
8. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
9. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
10. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 26, Voyles decides to do a complete investigation of the pelican brief. Explain why Voyles decides to do a complete investigation, and why he decides to not inform the President and Coal of his decision.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 25, someone assassinates Khamel. Who do you think performed the assassination and why? Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 2, Callahan asks students to discuss Nash v. New Jersey. Compare the majority opinion of the Supreme Court and the dissent in this case.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)