|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
2. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
3. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
4. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
5. Where is Khamel hiding after the assassination of Rosenberg and Jensen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
2. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
3. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
4. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
5. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
6. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
7. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
8. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
9. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
10. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The President tries to blame the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen on the FBI. Discuss why the FBI is or is not responsible for the deaths of these justices.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the ways that the FBI and the CIA work together in the novel, and how they share information confidentially.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Rosenberg's and Jensen's reasons for not wanting FBI agents in their homes.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)