|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
2. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
3. Why can't Shaw see Morgan when she goes to the offices of White and Blazevich?
4. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
5. What front-page story is run by the Times-Picayune that concerns the editors at the Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
2. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
3. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
4. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
5. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
6. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
7. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
8. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
9. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
10. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the ways that the FBI and the CIA work together in the novel, and how they share information confidentially.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Abraham Rosenberg refuses to retire from the Supreme Court even though he is in extremely poor health.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 27 and other places in the novel, there are indications that the President is delighted with the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen. Explain why the President sees the murders as "a wonderful tragedy."
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)