|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Louisiana's brown pelicans?
2. Who does Shaw see when she is in a cafe in New York City?
3. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
4. Why was Grantham racing down Rhode Island St. at fifty miles per hour?
5. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
2. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
3. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
4. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
5. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
6. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
7. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
8. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
9. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
10. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Barr goes to meet with Mattiece. Describe his mission and the results of his mission.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 27 and other places in the novel, there are indications that the President is delighted with the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen. Explain why the President sees the murders as "a wonderful tragedy."
Essay Topic 3
The President tries to blame the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen on the FBI. Discuss why the FBI is or is not responsible for the deaths of these justices.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)