|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the night police reporter for the Post?
2. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
3. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
4. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
5. How much is Croft being paid to watch lawyers' offices?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
2. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
3. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
4. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
5. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
6. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
7. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
8. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
9. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
10. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 2
The President tries to blame the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen on the FBI. Discuss why the FBI is or is not responsible for the deaths of these justices.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why, in Chapter 4, Coal describes the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen as the perfect crisis.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)