|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Khamel hiding after the assassination of Rosenberg and Jensen?
2. How long does the President wish to wait before beginning an investigation into the pelican brief?
3. Who does Khamel's employer want him to kill?
4. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
5. From where does Shaw watch Callahan's memorial service?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
2. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
3. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
4. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
5. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
6. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
7. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
8. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
9. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
10. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the knowledge that Shaw and Garcia had regarding the Rosenberg and Jensen murders. Also discuss how they obtained their information.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the reasons why Thomas Callahan is one of the most popular professors at Tulane University.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the pelican brief was first sent to the White House by Voyles and what his purpose was for giving the brief to Coal and the President.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)