|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Shaw about the lawsuit between Mattiece and Green Fund?
2. Why was Morgan working late when he was killed?
3. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
4. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
5. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
2. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
3. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
4. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
5. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
6. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
7. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
8. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
9. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
10. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 2
Although Justices Rosenberg and Jensen were very different individuals, both were murdered by the same man. Compare and contrast Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Abraham Rosenberg refuses to retire from the Supreme Court even though he is in extremely poor health.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)