|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
2. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
3. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
4. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
5. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
2. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
3. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
4. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
5. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
6. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
7. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
8. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
9. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
10. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 27 and other places in the novel, there are indications that the President is delighted with the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen. Explain why the President sees the murders as "a wonderful tragedy."
Essay Topic 2
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 25, someone assassinates Khamel. Who do you think performed the assassination and why? Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)