|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, who does Shaw pretend to be?
2. How does Shaw get to Newark?
3. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
4. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
5. Where was Morgan's second lockbox located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
2. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
3. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
4. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
5. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
6. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
7. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
8. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
9. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
10. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Justices Rosenberg and Jensen were very different individuals, both were murdered by the same man. Compare and contrast Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Khamel: his appearance, his background, and his professional accomplishments.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)