|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What front-page story is run by the Times-Picayune that concerns the editors at the Post?
2. Who comes to Shaw's rescue when she is running from Stump?
3. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
4. Who is the night police reporter for the Post?
5. Who kills Verheek?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
2. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
3. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
4. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
5. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
6. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
7. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
8. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
9. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
10. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the knowledge that Shaw and Garcia had regarding the Rosenberg and Jensen murders. Also discuss how they obtained their information.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the reasons why Thomas Callahan is one of the most popular professors at Tulane University.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)