|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
2. Why was Grantham racing down Rhode Island St. at fifty miles per hour?
3. How long does the President wish to wait before beginning an investigation into the pelican brief?
4. Where is Verheek to meet Shaw on Monday?
5. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
2. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
3. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
4. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
5. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
6. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
7. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
8. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
9. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
10. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Abraham Rosenberg refuses to retire from the Supreme Court even though he is in extremely poor health.
Essay Topic 2
The President tries to blame the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen on the FBI. Discuss why the FBI is or is not responsible for the deaths of these justices.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ways that the FBI and the CIA work together in the novel, and how they share information confidentially.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)