|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Khamel kill when he gets on the shore in Louisiana?
2. How much is Croft being paid to watch lawyers' offices?
3. After Shaw leaves New Orleans, where does the CIA lose her trail?
4. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
5. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
2. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
3. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
4. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
5. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
6. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
7. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
8. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
9. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
10. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 2
A series of murders are attributed to Mattiece in the novel. Describe his role in the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen, Callahan, Garcia/Morgan, Barr, and Verheek.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Voyles is able to use information to keep the upper hand in his dealings with the President and with a senator who wants to investigate the FBI's protection of the justices.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)