|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
2. What was on the floor of Mattiece's gazebo in neat little trails?
3. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
4. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
5. What does Shaw say when Grantham asks what she thinks of investigative reporting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
2. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
3. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
4. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
5. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
6. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
7. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
8. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
9. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
10. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Khamel: his appearance, his background, and his professional accomplishments.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 2, Callahan asks students to discuss Nash v. New Jersey. Compare the majority opinion of the Supreme Court and the dissent in this case.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 27 and other places in the novel, there are indications that the President is delighted with the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen. Explain why the President sees the murders as "a wonderful tragedy."
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)