|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
2. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
3. Who does Khamel kill when he gets on the shore in Louisiana?
4. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
5. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
2. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
3. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
4. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
5. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
6. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
7. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
8. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
9. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
10. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The President tries to blame the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen on the FBI. Discuss why the FBI is or is not responsible for the deaths of these justices.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 25, someone assassinates Khamel. Who do you think performed the assassination and why? Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 27 and other places in the novel, there are indications that the President is delighted with the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen. Explain why the President sees the murders as "a wonderful tragedy."
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)