|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
2. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
3. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
4. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
5. Where should Shaw have been instead of in New York researching lawyers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
2. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
3. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
4. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
5. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
6. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
7. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
8. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
9. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
10. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 26, Voyles decides to do a complete investigation of the pelican brief. Explain why Voyles decides to do a complete investigation, and why he decides to not inform the President and Coal of his decision.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Rosenberg's and Jensen's reasons for not wanting FBI agents in their homes.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Barr goes to meet with Mattiece. Describe his mission and the results of his mission.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)