|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two justices refuse to allow FBI agents inside their homes?
2. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
3. What does the nurse read to Rosenberg until he falls asleep?
4. What reason does Verheek give Callahan that could explain why Jensen and Rosenberg were killed?
5. What is the name of Rosenberg's male nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sarge.
2. What happened after Shaw passed out in the car where Sergeant Rupert left her?
3. Why does Voyles have East give Shaw's brief to the White House?
4. Why does Coal think the President should not attend Jensen's funeral?
5. Describe Khamel.
6. Describe Garcia.
7. Describe Fletcher Coal.
8. Why is Coal considered to be a boy wonder?
9. Why does Callahan attend conferences?
10. Why does Verheek say he should have thrown the pelican brief in the garbage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Voyles is able to use information to keep the upper hand in his dealings with the President and with a senator who wants to investigate the FBI's protection of the justices.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, we see a strong contrast between the President of the United States and his Chief of Staff, Fletcher Coal. Compare and contrast the President and Coal.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ways that the FBI and the CIA work together in the novel, and how they share information confidentially.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)