|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the specialty of the group that is bombing dirty movie businesses?
2. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
3. How many hours does the FBI director want Verheek to work until the murders are solved?
4. What does Callahan bring Shaw after she has been playing detective for several days?
5. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was anyone hurt when the pornography houses were bombed?
2. Why is Coal considered to be a boy wonder?
3. Why do Coal and Voyles have a disagreement while discussing the candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
4. Describe Abraham Rosenberg.
5. What does Alice Stark discover when she goes to Shaw's apartment?
6. Who is Garcia?
7. According to Verheek, what motive would Coal have for leaking names of nominees for the Supreme Court?
8. Why is Justice Jensen a major security risk?
9. What are two possible reasons for the killings of the justices according to Justice Thurow?
10. What security precautions does the FBI recommend the Justices follow due to the increase in death threats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Khamel: his appearance, his background, and his professional accomplishments.
Essay Topic 2
A series of murders are attributed to Mattiece in the novel. Describe his role in the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen, Callahan, Garcia/Morgan, Barr, and Verheek.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the pelican brief was first sent to the White House by Voyles and what his purpose was for giving the brief to Coal and the President.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)