|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Verheek give Callahan that could explain why Jensen and Rosenberg were killed?
2. What does The President ask Voyles to do with the pelican brief?
3. Why is Suspect Number Six on the list of possible suspects for the murders of the justices?
4. How long was Callahan in private law practice?
5. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Garcia?
2. What happened after Shaw passed out in the car where Sergeant Rupert left her?
3. Why does Voyles have East give Shaw's brief to the White House?
4. Why do Coal and Voyles have a disagreement while discussing the candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
5. Why is Coal considered to be a boy wonder?
6. Why does Coal say that the "egg is on Voyles' face"?
7. Describe Fletcher Coal.
8. Why does Coal want the President should attend Rosenberg's funeral?
9. What is Rosenberg's ideology?
10. In Chapter 1, why could all the chaos of the demonstration be blamed on Rosenberg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Abraham Rosenberg refuses to retire from the Supreme Court even though he is in extremely poor health.
Essay Topic 3
Although Justices Rosenberg and Jensen were very different individuals, both were murdered by the same man. Compare and contrast Rosenberg and Jensen.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)