|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information do the French provide that may be useful for the murder investigation?
2. What does the nurse read to Rosenberg until he falls asleep?
3. Where do White House phantom memos originate?
4. How many dirty movie businesses are schedule to receive explosive devices?
5. As described in the beginning of the book, how many death threats against Supreme Court justices has the FBI logged in the past sixty days?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Chief Justice Runyan feel if Rosenberg died?
2. Why does Verheek say he should have thrown the pelican brief in the garbage?
3. Why is Grantham suspicious of the memo that Sarge passed on to him?
4. Describe Sarge.
5. Why does Coal think the President should not attend Jensen's funeral?
6. Why does Voyles have East give Shaw's brief to the White House?
7. Why is Justice Jensen a major security risk?
8. Why did Shaw decide to be a lawyer?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why are things more tense than usual during the demonstration?
10. According to Verheek, what motive would Coal have for leaking names of nominees for the Supreme Court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the reasons why Thomas Callahan is one of the most popular professors at Tulane University.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 25, someone assassinates Khamel. Who do you think performed the assassination and why? Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Although Justices Rosenberg and Jensen were very different individuals, both were murdered by the same man. Compare and contrast Rosenberg and Jensen.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)