|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the First Lady's nickname?
2. What is Coal's job title?
3. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
4. Why is Suspect Number Six on the list of possible suspects for the murders of the justices?
5. What does Verheek do with Shaw's brief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice Stark discover when she goes to Shaw's apartment?
2. Describe Khamel.
3. Who is Garcia?
4. Why do Coal and Voyles have a disagreement while discussing the candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
5. Why does Callahan attend conferences?
6. What are two possible reasons for the killings of the justices according to Justice Thurow?
7. What happened after Shaw passed out in the car where Sergeant Rupert left her?
8. Why did Shaw decide to be a lawyer?
9. How would Chief Justice Runyan feel if Rosenberg died?
10. Why does Coal say that the "egg is on Voyles' face"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 27 and other places in the novel, there are indications that the President is delighted with the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen. Explain why the President sees the murders as "a wonderful tragedy."
Essay Topic 2
Compare the knowledge that Shaw and Garcia had regarding the Rosenberg and Jensen murders. Also discuss how they obtained their information.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)