|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
2. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
3. Why does a police officer awaken Grantham at 5:30 a.m.?
4. Who is one of the most popular professors at Tulane?
5. What is the first thing Shaw does to disguise herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
2. Who is Garcia?
3. What does Alice Stark discover when she goes to Shaw's apartment?
4. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
5. Why do Coal and Voyles have a disagreement while discussing the candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why are things more tense than usual during the demonstration?
7. Why has Thomas Callahan canceled his classes?
8. Why is Coal considered to be a boy wonder?
9. Why does Voyles have East give Shaw's brief to the White House?
10. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
Essay Topic 1
The President tries to blame the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen on the FBI. Discuss why the FBI is or is not responsible for the deaths of these justices.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the pelican brief was first sent to the White House by Voyles and what his purpose was for giving the brief to Coal and the President.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 2, Callahan asks students to discuss Nash v. New Jersey. Compare the majority opinion of the Supreme Court and the dissent in this case.
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)