|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Shaw decide to call?
2. Who is the youngest Supreme Court justice at the beginning of the novel?
3. What two justices refuse to allow FBI agents inside their homes?
4. Who does Croft photograph?
5. Who is the President's speech writer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Abraham Rosenberg.
2. Why does Callahan attend conferences?
3. How would Chief Justice Runyan feel if Rosenberg died?
4. Why is Coal considered to be a boy wonder?
5. In Chapter 1, why could all the chaos of the demonstration be blamed on Rosenberg?
6. Was anyone hurt when the pornography houses were bombed?
7. According to Verheek, what motive would Coal have for leaking names of nominees for the Supreme Court?
8. Why is Justice Jensen a major security risk?
9. Why does Coal say that the "egg is on Voyles' face"?
10. What does Alice Stark discover when she goes to Shaw's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Khamel: his appearance, his background, and his professional accomplishments.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the pelican brief was first sent to the White House by Voyles and what his purpose was for giving the brief to Coal and the President.
Essay Topic 3
A series of murders are attributed to Mattiece in the novel. Describe his role in the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen, Callahan, Garcia/Morgan, Barr, and Verheek.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)