|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
2. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
3. How long does Lewis tell the President that it may take to find the murderers of the justices?
4. Why does a police officer awaken Grantham at 5:30 a.m.?
5. How many hours does the FBI director want Verheek to work until the murders are solved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Garcia.
2. Was anyone hurt when the pornography houses were bombed?
3. Why does Voyles have East give Shaw's brief to the White House?
4. Why has Thomas Callahan canceled his classes?
5. Why does Coal want the President should attend Rosenberg's funeral?
6. According to Verheek, what motive would Coal have for leaking names of nominees for the Supreme Court?
7. Who is Garcia?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why are things more tense than usual during the demonstration?
9. Describe Fletcher Coal.
10. What are two possible reasons for the killings of the justices according to Justice Thurow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A series of murders are attributed to Mattiece in the novel. Describe his role in the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen, Callahan, Garcia/Morgan, Barr, and Verheek.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why, in Chapter 4, Coal describes the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen as the perfect crisis.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the pelican brief, its contents, and how it helped to solve the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)