Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Jensen been dating?
2. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
3. What does The President ask Voyles to do with the pelican brief?
4. How long was Callahan in private law practice?
5. What is the name of Rosenberg's male nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
2. Why did Shaw decide to be a lawyer?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why are things more tense than usual during the demonstration?
4. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
5. Describe Khamel.
6. Why is Coal considered to be a boy wonder?
7. What does Coal say about Grantham's pelican story?
8. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
9. According to Verheek, what motive would Coal have for leaking names of nominees for the Supreme Court?
10. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
A series of murders are attributed to Mattiece in the novel. Describe his role in the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen, Callahan, Garcia/Morgan, Barr, and Verheek.
Explain why Abraham Rosenberg refuses to retire from the Supreme Court even though he is in extremely poor health.
In Chapter 27 and other places in the novel, there are indications that the President is delighted with the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen. Explain why the President sees the murders as "a wonderful tragedy."
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)