|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coal want the President to wear when he announces the murders on a press conference?
2. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
3. What two justices refuse to allow FBI agents inside their homes?
4. How long was Callahan in private law practice?
5. Where is Grantham supposed to meet Sarge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Coal want the President should attend Rosenberg's funeral?
2. What happened after Shaw passed out in the car where Sergeant Rupert left her?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why are things more tense than usual during the demonstration?
4. Why is Coal considered to be a boy wonder?
5. Describe Khamel.
6. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
7. Was anyone hurt when the pornography houses were bombed?
8. What happened after the pelican story ran in the Post?
9. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
10. Why does Gminski travel to New Orleans?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the ways that the FBI and the CIA work together in the novel, and how they share information confidentially.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, we see a strong contrast between the President of the United States and his Chief of Staff, Fletcher Coal. Compare and contrast the President and Coal.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Rosenberg's and Jensen's reasons for not wanting FBI agents in their homes.
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)