|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lewis tell the President that it may take to find the murderers of the justices?
2. Who reports to the President and Coal after the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen?
3. Where is Jensen killed?
4. In Chapter 4, why does Coal awake the President at 4:30 a.m.?
5. What is the name of the murder suspect whose niece was murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was anyone hurt when the pornography houses were bombed?
2. According to Verheek, what motive would Coal have for leaking names of nominees for the Supreme Court?
3. In Chapter 1, why could all the chaos of the demonstration be blamed on Rosenberg?
4. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
5. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
6. Why is Nelson Muncie a possible suspect for the murders of the justices?
7. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
8. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
9. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
10. Why does Coal say that the "egg is on Voyles' face"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the knowledge that Shaw and Garcia had regarding the Rosenberg and Jensen murders. Also discuss how they obtained their information.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why, in Chapter 4, Coal describes the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen as the perfect crisis.
Essay Topic 3
Although Justices Rosenberg and Jensen were very different individuals, both were murdered by the same man. Compare and contrast Rosenberg and Jensen.
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)