|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Shaw's major for her undergraduate degree?
2. Who always sets up Grantham's meetings with Sarge?
3. Which Justice wants to use the law clerks to put together a list of murder suspects?
4. Why does it appear that the assault on the movie houses was carefully coordinated?
5. How many of the death threats against the Supreme Court Justices are directed toward Rosenberg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Coal considered to be a boy wonder?
2. Describe Garcia.
3. Describe Khamel.
4. Why is Justice Jensen a major security risk?
5. Who is Garcia?
6. Why is Grantham suspicious of the memo that Sarge passed on to him?
7. Why does Gminski travel to New Orleans?
8. Why did Shaw decide to be a lawyer?
9. Why has Thomas Callahan canceled his classes?
10. Why does Voyles have East give Shaw's brief to the White House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the knowledge that Shaw and Garcia had regarding the Rosenberg and Jensen murders. Also discuss how they obtained their information.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 26, Voyles decides to do a complete investigation of the pelican brief. Explain why Voyles decides to do a complete investigation, and why he decides to not inform the President and Coal of his decision.
Essay Topic 3
A series of murders are attributed to Mattiece in the novel. Describe his role in the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen, Callahan, Garcia/Morgan, Barr, and Verheek.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)