|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Garcia call when he contacts Grantham for a second time?
2. Who is the youngest Supreme Court justice at the beginning of the novel?
3. What reason does Verheek give Callahan that could explain why Jensen and Rosenberg were killed?
4. Who reports to the President and Coal after the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen?
5. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Coal want the President should attend Rosenberg's funeral?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why are things more tense than usual during the demonstration?
3. Who is Garcia?
4. Describe Khamel.
5. In Chapter 1, why could all the chaos of the demonstration be blamed on Rosenberg?
6. What is Rosenberg's ideology?
7. Why is Nelson Muncie a possible suspect for the murders of the justices?
8. How would Chief Justice Runyan feel if Rosenberg died?
9. Why does Voyles have East give Shaw's brief to the White House?
10. What security precautions does the FBI recommend the Justices follow due to the increase in death threats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The President and Coal are very worried about the pelican brief and what might happen if the brief would become public. Explain why the pelican brief was such a liability for the President and for Coal.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 26, Voyles decides to do a complete investigation of the pelican brief. Explain why Voyles decides to do a complete investigation, and why he decides to not inform the President and Coal of his decision.
Essay Topic 3
Although Justices Rosenberg and Jensen were very different individuals, both were murdered by the same man. Compare and contrast Rosenberg and Jensen.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)