|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
2. Who is the youngest Supreme Court justice at the beginning of the novel?
3. At the time of the murders, what group has been in the D.C. area for a week?
4. Who is the President's speech writer?
5. Who is number six on the suspect list that Voyles has compiled?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why are things more tense than usual during the demonstration?
2. Describe Sarge.
3. Describe Khamel.
4. Why did Shaw decide to be a lawyer?
5. How would Chief Justice Runyan feel if Rosenberg died?
6. Why does Verheek say he should have thrown the pelican brief in the garbage?
7. Why is Justice Jensen a major security risk?
8. Why has Thomas Callahan canceled his classes?
9. Who is Garcia?
10. What are two possible reasons for the killings of the justices according to Justice Thurow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Abraham Rosenberg refuses to retire from the Supreme Court even though he is in extremely poor health.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 26, Voyles decides to do a complete investigation of the pelican brief. Explain why Voyles decides to do a complete investigation, and why he decides to not inform the President and Coal of his decision.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ways that the FBI and the CIA work together in the novel, and how they share information confidentially.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)