|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will Khamel receive for the assassinations of Rosenberg and Jensen?
2. What information do the French provide that may be useful for the murder investigation?
3. What was Shaw's major for her undergraduate degree?
4. What does Coal want the President to wear when he announces the murders on a press conference?
5. Who had Jensen been dating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nelson Muncie a possible suspect for the murders of the justices?
2. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
3. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
4. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
5. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
6. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
7. Describe Sarge.
8. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
9. What does Alice Stark discover when she goes to Shaw's apartment?
10. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Khamel: his appearance, his background, and his professional accomplishments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the knowledge that Shaw and Garcia had regarding the Rosenberg and Jensen murders. Also discuss how they obtained their information.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ways that the FBI and the CIA work together in the novel, and how they share information confidentially.
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)