|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times might the President change clothes between breakfast and dinner?
2. As described in the beginning of the book, how many death threats against Supreme Court justices has the FBI logged in the past sixty days?
3. Who reports to the President and Coal after the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen?
4. Why does a police officer awaken Grantham at 5:30 a.m.?
5. What interest group does Rosenberg favor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was anyone hurt when the pornography houses were bombed?
2. How would Chief Justice Runyan feel if Rosenberg died?
3. Why does Coal think the President should not attend Jensen's funeral?
4. What does Alice Stark discover when she goes to Shaw's apartment?
5. Why does Coal want the President should attend Rosenberg's funeral?
6. What happened after Shaw passed out in the car where Sergeant Rupert left her?
7. Why did Shaw decide to be a lawyer?
8. Why does Coal say that the "egg is on Voyles' face"?
9. Why does Gminski travel to New Orleans?
10. Why is Grantham suspicious of the memo that Sarge passed on to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the pelican brief was first sent to the White House by Voyles and what his purpose was for giving the brief to Coal and the President.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the ways that the FBI and the CIA work together in the novel, and how they share information confidentially.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the knowledge that Shaw and Garcia had regarding the Rosenberg and Jensen murders. Also discuss how they obtained their information.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)