|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Shaw calls Grantham on Monday, what information does she tell him to get?
(a) Information about Callahan's death.
(b) Information about Callahan's memorial service.
(c) Information about a trial.
(d) Presidential campaign disclosure forms.
2. Who is the night police reporter for the Post?
(a) David Mason.
(b) Nathaniel Jones.
(c) Mason Paypur.
(d) Andrew Levinson.
3. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York City.
4. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
(a) Play golf.
(b) Play tennis.
(c) Play raquetball.
(d) Play squash.
5. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
(a) Green Peace.
(b) Sierra Club.
(c) Green Fund.
(d) Louisiana Wetlands Forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Shaw leaves New Orleans, where does the CIA lose her trail?
2. Who does Khamel kill when he gets on the shore in Louisiana?
3. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
4. Who does Khamel's employer want him to kill?
5. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
2. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
3. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
4. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
5. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
6. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
7. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
8. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
9. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
10. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)