|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
2. What is Verheek to wear when he meets Shaw?
(a) A Saints jacket and a blue baseball cap.
(b) A red tie.
(c) A red shirt and a black baseball cap.
(d) A black shirt and a red baseball cap.
3. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) To read the classifieds.
(b) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
(c) To get ideas for stories.
(d) To read the latest news.
4. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
(a) Verheek's room.
(b) Callahan's room.
(c) Voyles' room.
(d) Shaw's room.
5. Where is Verheek to meet Shaw on Monday?
(a) Shaw's apartment.
(b) French Quarter.
(c) Frenchmen's Bend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
2. In Chapter 36, who does Shaw pretend to be?
3. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
4. What does someone do to Grantham's car?
5. What three cities have law firms that work for Mattiece?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
2. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
3. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
4. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
5. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
6. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
7. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
8. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
9. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
10. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)