|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
(a) Sierra Club.
(b) Green Fund.
(c) Louisiana Wetlands Forever.
(d) Green Peace.
2. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
(a) A million-dollar life insurance policy.
(b) Jewelry for his wife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A new car.
3. After Shaw leaves New Orleans, where does the CIA lose her trail?
(b) Las Vegas.
4. Where is Verheek to meet Shaw on Monday?
(a) Shaw's apartment.
(b) French Quarter.
(c) Frenchmen's Bend.
5. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
(a) Records the conversation.
(b) Calls Lewis.
(c) Argued with the President.
(d) Refused to stop the investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
2. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
3. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
4. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
5. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
2. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
3. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
4. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
5. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
6. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
7. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
8. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
9. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
10. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)