|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the President wish to wait before beginning an investigation into the pelican brief?
(a) A week.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five days.
2. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
(a) To get her out of the country.
(b) To get her a private airplane.
(c) To protect her.
(d) Not to use her name.
3. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
(a) She wanted to be a litigator.
(b) She loved research.
(c) Idealism and money.
(d) To make money.
4. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) To read the classifieds.
(b) To get ideas for stories.
(c) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
(d) To read the latest news.
5. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
(a) The public library.
(b) Columbia law library.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Fordham law library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Khamel hiding after the assassination of Rosenberg and Jensen?
2. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
3. Where is Verheek to meet Shaw on Monday?
4. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
5. Who does Shaw see when she is in a cafe in New York City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
2. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
3. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
4. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
5. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
6. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
7. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
8. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
9. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
10. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)