|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
(a) Jewelry for his wife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A million-dollar life insurance policy.
(d) A new car.
2. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
(a) Records the conversation.
(b) Calls Lewis.
(c) Refused to stop the investigation.
(d) Argued with the President.
3. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
(a) Greely and Brown.
(b) Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow.
(c) Ryan, Whitcomb, and Wood
(d) White and Blazevich.
4. Where does Grantham go to meet Shaw for the first time?
(b) The Plaza.
(d) St. Moritz.
5. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
(a) A conversation he has with East.
(b) A conversation he has with Richard Horton.
(c) A conversation he has with Lewis.
(d) A conversation he has with Gminski.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
2. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
3. In Chapter 27, who from the FBI and CIA meet with each other at Dupont Circle?
4. How old is Grantham?
5. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
2. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
3. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
4. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
5. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
6. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
7. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
8. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
9. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
10. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)