|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shaw see after leaving the bed and breakfast on Sunday morning?
(c) The Cowboy.
2. What does Shaw say when Grantham asks what she thinks of investigative reporting?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She would rather be shot.
(c) She might become a reporter if she lives through this mess.
(d) She would rather butcher hogs.
3. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
(a) Voyles' room.
(b) Verheek's room.
(c) Shaw's room.
(d) Callahan's room.
4. What has happened to Louisiana's brown pelicans?
(b) Too many hunters.
(c) Destruction of their habitat.
5. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
(a) The public library.
(b) Columbia law library.
(c) Fordham law library.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
2. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
3. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
4. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
5. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
2. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
3. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
4. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
5. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
6. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
7. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
8. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
9. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
10. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)