|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
(a) One from Sarge and one from Coal.
(b) One from Garcia and one from Shaw.
(c) One from Sarge and one from Voyles.
(d) One from the President and one from Coal.
2. From where does Shaw watch Callahan's memorial service?
(a) Bascomb Hall.
(b) Lafayette Hall.
(c) Newcomb Hall.
(d) Andrews Hall.
3. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) To get ideas for stories.
(b) To read the latest news.
(c) To read the classifieds.
(d) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
4. Where was the President's wife taking money from the rich?
5. Why was Grantham racing down Rhode Island St. at fifty miles per hour?
(a) He was supposed to meet Cleve.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He was being followed.
(d) He was trying to get back to Shaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
2. When Shaw calls Grantham on Monday, what information does she tell him to get?
3. Who does Khamel kill when he gets on the shore in Louisiana?
4. In Chapter 27, who from the FBI and CIA meet with each other at Dupont Circle?
5. How long does the President wish to wait before beginning an investigation into the pelican brief?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
2. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
3. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
4. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
5. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
6. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
7. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
8. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
9. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
10. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)