|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Shaw leaves New Orleans, where does the CIA lose her trail?
(d) Las Vegas.
2. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
(a) Sarge has been fired.
(b) Sarge has been put on medical leave.
(c) Sarge has been asked to retire.
(d) Sarge has been shot.
3. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
(a) An affidavit.
(b) A videotape.
(c) A key to a lockbox.
(d) A computer disk.
4. How much is Croft being paid to watch lawyers' offices?
(a) $10 an hour.
(b) $90 a day.
(c) $120 a day.
(d) $20 an hour.
5. Who kills Verheek?
(c) The Cowboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Shaw's rescue when she is running from Stump?
2. What is Verheek to wear when he meets Shaw?
3. Why can't Shaw see Morgan when she goes to the offices of White and Blazevich?
4. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
5. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
2. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
3. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
4. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
5. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
6. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
7. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
8. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
9. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
10. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)