|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
(a) Columbia law library.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Fordham law library.
(d) The public library.
2. Where does Grantham go to meet Shaw for the first time?
(b) The Plaza.
(d) St. Moritz.
3. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
(a) The President.
4. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
(a) A videotape.
(b) An affidavit.
(c) A computer disk.
(d) A key to a lockbox.
5. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
(d) Fifteen thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Verheek?
2. Where should Shaw have been instead of in New York researching lawyers?
3. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
4. Who does Khamel kill when he gets on the shore in Louisiana?
5. Why can't Shaw see Morgan when she goes to the offices of White and Blazevich?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
2. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
3. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
4. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
5. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
6. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
7. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
8. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
9. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
10. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)