|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
(c) The President.
2. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
(a) The public library.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Columbia law library.
(d) Fordham law library.
3. What was on the floor of Mattiece's gazebo in neat little trails?
4. How much is Croft being paid to watch lawyers' offices?
(a) $90 a day.
(b) $120 a day.
(c) $10 an hour.
(d) $20 an hour.
5. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
(a) White and Blazevich.
(b) Greely and Brown.
(c) Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow.
(d) Ryan, Whitcomb, and Wood
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
2. Who does Khamel's employer want him to kill?
3. When Shaw calls Grantham on Monday, what information does she tell him to get?
4. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
5. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
2. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
3. How does Sneller learn that Shaw is in D.C.?
4. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
5. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
6. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
7. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
8. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
9. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
10. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)