|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
(a) White and Blazevich.
(b) Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow.
(c) Greely and Brown.
(d) Ryan, Whitcomb, and Wood
2. Why was Morgan working late when he was killed?
(a) Wakefield asked him to work late.
(b) He worked eighty or more hours a week.
(c) He had to finish a project on the Pelican case.
(d) Velmano asked him to work late.
3. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
(a) Because they took cash and required no ID.
(b) Because it was close to the airport.
(c) Because they had excellent security.
(d) Because she had stayed there before and liked the hotel.
4. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
(b) Matthew Barr.
5. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
(c) Fort Lauderdale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Verheek to meet Shaw on Monday?
2. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
3. What three cities have law firms that work for Mattiece?
4. In Chapter 36, who does Shaw pretend to be?
5. Why can't Shaw see Morgan when she goes to the offices of White and Blazevich?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
2. Who was waiting for Grantham outside the Post building?
3. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
4. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
5. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
6. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
7. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
8. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
9. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
10. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)