|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
(a) Because she sees the Cowboy.
(b) Because the subway can be dangerous.
(c) Because she thought she saw Rupert behind her.
(d) Because she sees rowdy teens.
2. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
(a) She wanted to be a litigator.
(b) Idealism and money.
(c) She loved research.
(d) To make money.
3. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
4. Who kills Verheek?
(c) The Cowboy.
5. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
(a) His phone may be tapped.
(b) He likes to keep his private and work lives separate.
(c) He does not want his girlfriend answering the phone.
(d) He does not want his wife answering the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morgan see that at his law offices that he should not have a seen?
2. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
3. Where should Shaw have been instead of in New York researching lawyers?
4. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
5. Where does Grantham go to meet Shaw for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
2. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
3. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
4. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
5. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
6. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
7. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
8. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
9. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
10. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)