|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
(a) Jewelry for his wife.
(b) A new car.
(c) A million-dollar life insurance policy.
(d) A gun.
2. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
(a) He thinks it is too conservative.
(b) Sounds like one he gave at a Rotary convention.
(c) He thinks it should be shorter.
(d) He thinks it is too controversial.
3. Where is Verheek to meet Shaw on Monday?
(a) Shaw's apartment.
(b) Frenchmen's Bend.
(c) French Quarter.
4. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
(a) One from Sarge and one from Voyles.
(b) One from Garcia and one from Shaw.
(c) One from Sarge and one from Coal.
(d) One from the President and one from Coal.
5. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
(a) A conversation he has with Gminski.
(b) A conversation he has with East.
(c) A conversation he has with Lewis.
(d) A conversation he has with Richard Horton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, who from the FBI and CIA meet with each other at Dupont Circle?
2. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
3. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
4. Where should Shaw have been instead of in New York researching lawyers?
5. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
2. Why do Grantham and Shaw talk to students who clerked at White and Blazevich last summer?
3. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
4. What connection does Grantham make after Shaw tells him about the pelican brief?
5. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
6. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
7. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
8. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
9. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
10. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)