|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
2. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
(a) Verheek's room.
(b) Shaw's room.
(c) Voyles' room.
(d) Callahan's room.
3. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
4. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
(a) Because it was close to the airport.
(b) Because she had stayed there before and liked the hotel.
(c) Because they had excellent security.
(d) Because they took cash and required no ID.
5. What was on the floor of Mattiece's gazebo in neat little trails?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
2. Who does Shaw see after leaving the bed and breakfast on Sunday morning?
3. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
4. Who kills Verheek?
5. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
2. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
3. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
4. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
5. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
6. Why does Grantham panic after talking with a maid outside his room at the Marbury?
7. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
8. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
9. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
10. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)