|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Verheek?
(d) The Cowboy.
2. How old is Grantham?
3. What was on the floor of Mattiece's gazebo in neat little trails?
4. How does Shaw get to Newark?
(c) Rental car.
(d) Taxi cab.
5. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
(a) One from Garcia and one from Shaw.
(b) One from Sarge and one from Coal.
(c) One from the President and one from Coal.
(d) One from Sarge and one from Voyles.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
2. Where did Curtis Morgan live?
3. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
4. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
5. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the pelican brief a possible liability for the President?
2. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
3. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
4. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
5. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
6. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
7. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
8. How does Shaw learn that Curtis Morgan/Garcia is dead?
9. How did Shaw get away from Stump?
10. How is Shaw able to talk with Linney at the hospital?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)