|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Verheek?
(d) The Cowboy.
2. What has happened to Louisiana's brown pelicans?
(c) Destruction of their habitat.
(d) Too many hunters.
3. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
(a) Play raquetball.
(b) Play squash.
(c) Play golf.
(d) Play tennis.
4. Who is the night police reporter for the Post?
(a) Andrew Levinson.
(b) Nathaniel Jones.
(c) Mason Paypur.
(d) David Mason.
5. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
(a) Argued with the President.
(b) Refused to stop the investigation.
(c) Records the conversation.
(d) Calls Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
2. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
3. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
4. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
5. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Edwin Sneller like to meet Shaw?
2. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
3. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
4. Describe Victor Mattiece and his eccentricities.
5. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
6. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
7. Why does Shaw gets angry when Grantham talks to her about being careful?
8. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
9. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
10. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)