|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Shaw's major for her undergraduate degree?
2. Why does a police officer awaken Grantham at 5:30 a.m.?
(a) The officer wants to search Grantham's apartment.
(b) Sarge wants to talk with him.
(c) Grantham's car is about to be towed.
(d) The officer is a friend of Grantham.
3. For what medical condition is Justice Jensen being treated?
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
(d) A heart ailment.
4. Who comes and takes Shaw away from the scene of the explosion?
(a) A police officer wearing cowboy boots.
(b) A black man who was a bystander.
(c) Sergeant Rupert.
(d) A woman who was saw the explosion.
5. Which government agency is watching Shaw?
(b) Justice Department.
(c) The Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it appear that the assault on the movie houses was carefully coordinated?
2. In Chapter 4, why does Coal awake the President at 4:30 a.m.?
3. What rumor does Shaw ask Stark to spread?
4. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
5. How long does Lewis tell the President that it may take to find the murderers of the justices?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Abraham Rosenberg.
2. Why does Coal say that the "egg is on Voyles' face"?
3. Was anyone hurt when the pornography houses were bombed?
4. Why does Verheek say he should have thrown the pelican brief in the garbage?
5. Who is Garcia?
6. Describe Sarge.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why are things more tense than usual during the demonstration?
8. What happened after Shaw passed out in the car where Sergeant Rupert left her?
9. Why is Grantham suspicious of the memo that Sarge passed on to him?
10. What are two possible reasons for the killings of the justices according to Justice Thurow?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)