Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse read to Rosenberg until he falls asleep?
(a) A brief.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) A biography.
(d) The daily paper.
2. How long does Lewis tell the President that it may take to find the murderers of the justices?
(a) Many months.
(b) A few days.
(c) Six months.
(d) At least a year.
3. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
(a) The Phillips case.
(b) The Brown case.
(c) The Nash case.
(d) The Dumond case.
4. Who do Callahan and Verheek think might have leaked the names of possible nominees for the Supreme Court?
(a) The President.
5. What rumor does Shaw ask Stark to spread?
(a) That Shaw has returned to Kansas City.
(b) That Shaw is in the hospital.
(c) That Shaw has gone to D.C.
(d) That Shaw has returned to Denver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours does the FBI director want Verheek to work until the murders are solved?
2. In Chapter 10, how many days did Shaw avoid Callahan while she played detective?
3. Who comes and takes Shaw away from the scene of the explosion?
4. Why are three dirty movie business removed from the list of places to be bombed?
5. What does Callahan bring Shaw after she has been playing detective for several days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the appeal process for the lawsuit between Mattiece and the Green Fund?
2. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
3. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
4. How would Chief Justice Runyan feel if Rosenberg died?
5. Was anyone hurt when the pornography houses were bombed?
6. Who does Shaw see as she watches mourners arrive for Callahan's memorial service?
7. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
8. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
9. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
10. According to Verheek, what motive would Coal have for leaking names of nominees for the Supreme Court?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)