|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rosenberg's senior law clerk?
(a) Jefferson Kauffman.
(b) Jason Kline.
(c) Robert Kelvin.
(d) James Kelsey.
2. What almost killed Rosenberg seven years ago?
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A triple by-pass.
3. What does Coal say when the President does not agree with Coal's choice of clothing for the press conference?
(a) "You won't be sorry."
(b) "It is the right image to project at this time."
(c) "Trust me."
(d) "It is very important to dress this way."
4. Who plays the role of peacemaker when Coal and Voyle argue over the list of candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
(a) The President.
5. How did the FBI trace Shaw to the Marriott?
(a) Verheek told them how to find her.
(b) Agents followed her.
(c) Credit cards.
(d) Using her cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is number six on the suspect list that Voyles has compiled?
2. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
3. For what medical condition is Justice Jensen being treated?
4. Where is Callahan going to attend a conference?
5. How long was Callahan in private law practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two possible reasons for the killings of the justices according to Justice Thurow?
2. Why is Justice Jensen a major security risk?
3. Why does Coal say that the "egg is on Voyles' face"?
4. What is Rosenberg's ideology?
5. What security precautions does the FBI recommend the Justices follow due to the increase in death threats?
6. Describe Garcia.
7. Why is Nelson Muncie a possible suspect for the murders of the justices?
8. In Chapter 1, why could all the chaos of the demonstration be blamed on Rosenberg?
9. Why does Coal want the President should attend Rosenberg's funeral?
10. Why does Verheek say he should have thrown the pelican brief in the garbage?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)