|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who always sets up Grantham's meetings with Sarge?
(a) Grantham's secretary.
(b) Grantham's editor at the Post.
(d) Sarge's daughter.
2. Who is Smith Keen?
(a) Managing editor at the Post.
(b) A lawyer for the Post.
(c) Assistant managing editor/investigations for the Post.
(d) A reporter at the Post.
3. What does Coal say when the President does not agree with Coal's choice of clothing for the press conference?
(a) "It is very important to dress this way."
(b) "You won't be sorry."
(c) "Trust me."
(d) "It is the right image to project at this time."
4. As described in the beginning of the book, how many death threats against Supreme Court justices has the FBI logged in the past sixty days?
(a) Almost five hundred.
(b) Over two hundred.
(d) Over one hundred.
5. Who has Voyles picked to lead the murder investigation?
(c) K. O. Lewis.
(d) Eric East.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jensen killed?
2. Which justice is afraid of his own shadow?
3. What does Coal want the President to wear when he announces the murders on a press conference?
4. Why does Verheek lock himself in his office after dining with Callahan and tell his secretary he has the flu?
5. What does Cleve give Grantham from Sarge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Grantham suspicious of the memo that Sarge passed on to him?
2. What is Rosenberg's ideology?
3. Why do Coal and Voyles have a disagreement while discussing the candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
4. Why did Khamel agree once to kill Castro, but then did not go through with the job?
5. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
6. What happened after Shaw passed out in the car where Sergeant Rupert left her?
7. Describe Garcia.
8. Why hasn't Grantham's apartment been bugged?
9. Describe Khamel.
10. According to Verheek, what motive would Coal have for leaking names of nominees for the Supreme Court?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)