|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shaw call right after the explosion?
(b) Her best friend.
(d) Callahan's parents.
2. Who is claiming responsibility for the bombing of the movie houses?
(a) The Aryans.
(b) White supremacists.
(c) No one.
(d) Underground Army.
3. Who calls Grantham after the story about the nominees is published?
(a) A reporter from the Times.
(b) A lawyer with information about Rosenberg and Jensen.
4. Who is the President's speech writer?
5. What almost killed Rosenberg seven years ago?
(b) A stroke.
(c) A triple by-pass.
(d) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosenberg's senior law clerk?
2. Who do Callahan and Verheek think might have leaked the names of possible nominees for the Supreme Court?
3. What unpopular course is taught by one of the most popular professors at Tulane?
4. What family members does Callahan leave behind?
5. What is the name of Rosenberg's male nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Coal say that the "egg is on Voyles' face"?
2. Why does Verheek say he should have thrown the pelican brief in the garbage?
3. What bad news does Coal share with the President on Monday morning?
4. What was in the envelope Shaw found in Morgan's lockbox?
5. What security precautions does the FBI recommend the Justices follow due to the increase in death threats?
6. Why do Coal and Voyles have a disagreement while discussing the candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
7. Why does Horton want the Administration to investigate the pelican brief?
8. What are two possible reasons for the killings of the justices according to Justice Thurow?
9. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
10. What happened after Shaw passed out in the car where Sergeant Rupert left her?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)