|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Verheek coming to New Orleans?
(a) To meet with Shaw.
(b) To be a pallbearer at Callahan's memorial service.
(c) To give a eulogy at Callahan's memorial service.
(d) To attend Callahan's memorial service.
2. How does Coal monitor meetings with the President that he does not attend?
(a) Closed-circuit cameras and audio in his office.
(b) A tape recorder in the Oval Office.
(c) Two-way mirror.
(d) A video recorder in the Oval Office.
3. What rumor does Shaw ask Stark to spread?
(a) That Shaw has returned to Kansas City.
(b) That Shaw has gone to D.C.
(c) That Shaw has returned to Denver.
(d) That Shaw is in the hospital.
4. How many majority opinions had Jensen written in his six years on the Supreme Court?
(b) Several hundred.
(d) One hundred twelve.
5. What reason does Verheek give Callahan that could explain why Jensen and Rosenberg were killed?
(a) They irritated the Aryan Brotherhood.
(b) They were stupid and they were exposed.
(c) They irritated a right-wing group.
(d) A decision that was made angered the White Supremacists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What password do Luke and Sam/Khamel use when they meet at the pier?
2. What friend does Shaw decide to call?
3. Who does Khamel meet at the Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown?
4. What information do the French provide that may be useful for the murder investigation?
5. From where does Garcia call when he contacts Grantham for a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Chief Justice Runyan feel if Rosenberg died?
2. Why does Gminski tell the President that the author of the pelican brief should become a novelist?
3. Describe Mattiece's plan to make money in Louisiana's oil fields and how this plan has been thwarted.
4. Lewis wondered how Verheek could go down for a simple funeral and end up dead. Explain how that happened.
5. What might have happened if Mattiece has played it cool and not started killing people after the pelican brief surfaced?
6. What statement does the White House make about the pelican story?
7. What is Rosenberg's ideology?
8. What happened after Shaw passed out in the car where Sergeant Rupert left her?
9. Why does Coal think the President should not attend Jensen's funeral?
10. Describe what happens when Grantham follows a man he believes to be Garcia into the offices of Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)