|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
(a) Calls Lewis.
(b) Refused to stop the investigation.
(c) Records the conversation.
(d) Argued with the President.
2. Why can't Shaw see Morgan when she goes to the offices of White and Blazevich?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is with a client.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is out of town.
3. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
(b) Fort Lauderdale.
4. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
5. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
(a) Idealism and money.
(b) To make money.
(c) She loved research.
(d) She wanted to be a litigator.
6. In Chapter 27, who from the FBI and CIA meet with each other at Dupont Circle?
(a) Gminski and Lewis.
(b) Trope and Booker.
(c) Voyles and Gminski.
(d) Gminski and Lewis.
7. What does someone do to Grantham's car?
(a) Shoots out a tire.
(b) Installs a transmitter.
(c) Searches the car.
(d) Tampers with the brakes.
8. What three cities have law firms that work for Mattiece?
(a) Philadelphia, Boston, and D.C.
(b) New Orleans, Houston, and D.C.
(c) Dallas, Houston, and New York City.
(d) Dallas, Ft. Worth, and Philadelphia.
9. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
(a) He will have it done within 24 hours.
(b) It may take two weeks to get it done.
(c) It is impossible.
(d) It will be done within three days.
10. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
(a) A key to a lockbox.
(b) An affidavit.
(c) A computer disk.
(d) A videotape.
11. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
(a) Voyles' room.
(b) Shaw's room.
(c) Callahan's room.
(d) Verheek's room.
12. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
(a) A house of crooks.
(d) A sweatshop.
13. What is Verheek to wear when he meets Shaw?
(a) A red shirt and a black baseball cap.
(b) A Saints jacket and a blue baseball cap.
(c) A black shirt and a red baseball cap.
(d) A red tie.
14. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
(d) The President.
15. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Shaw about the lawsuit between Mattiece and Green Fund?
2. What did Morgan see that at his law offices that he should not have a seen?
3. In Chapter 36, who does Shaw pretend to be?
4. What was on the floor of Mattiece's gazebo in neat little trails?
5. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)