|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Grantham racing down Rhode Island St. at fifty miles per hour?
(a) He was trying to get back to Shaw.
(b) He was supposed to meet Cleve.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was being followed.
2. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
(a) A house of crooks.
(b) A sweatshop.
3. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
(a) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
4. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
(b) To read the latest news.
(c) To get ideas for stories.
(d) To read the classifieds.
5. Where should Shaw have been instead of in New York researching lawyers?
(a) At home with her family.
(b) Constitutional Law at Tulane.
(c) Federal Procedure at Tulane.
(d) Antitrust at Tulane.
6. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
7. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
8. After Shaw leaves New Orleans, where does the CIA lose her trail?
(b) Las Vegas.
9. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
(a) His phone may be tapped.
(b) He likes to keep his private and work lives separate.
(c) He does not want his wife answering the phone.
(d) He does not want his girlfriend answering the phone.
10. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
(d) The President.
11. What three cities have law firms that work for Mattiece?
(a) Dallas, Houston, and New York City.
(b) Dallas, Ft. Worth, and Philadelphia.
(c) New Orleans, Houston, and D.C.
(d) Philadelphia, Boston, and D.C.
12. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
(a) Because the subway can be dangerous.
(b) Because she thought she saw Rupert behind her.
(c) Because she sees the Cowboy.
(d) Because she sees rowdy teens.
13. When Shaw calls Grantham on Monday, what information does she tell him to get?
(a) Information about Callahan's memorial service.
(b) Information about Callahan's death.
(c) Presidential campaign disclosure forms.
(d) Information about a trial.
14. How long does the President wish to wait before beginning an investigation into the pelican brief?
(a) A week.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Five days.
15. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
(a) Sarge has been put on medical leave.
(b) Sarge has been asked to retire.
(c) Sarge has been shot.
(d) Sarge has been fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
2. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
3. Where was the President's wife taking money from the rich?
4. How old is Grantham?
5. How much is Croft being paid to watch lawyers' offices?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)