|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shaw get to Newark?
(a) Taxi cab.
(d) Rental car.
2. What has happened to Louisiana's brown pelicans?
(c) Destruction of their habitat.
(d) Too many hunters.
3. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
4. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
(a) Matthew Barr.
5. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
(a) White and Blazevich.
(b) Ryan, Whitcomb, and Wood
(c) Greely and Brown.
(d) Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow.
6. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
7. How much is Croft being paid to watch lawyers' offices?
(a) $120 a day.
(b) $20 an hour.
(c) $10 an hour.
(d) $90 a day.
8. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
(a) He does not want his wife answering the phone.
(b) He does not want his girlfriend answering the phone.
(c) He likes to keep his private and work lives separate.
(d) His phone may be tapped.
9. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
(a) Records the conversation.
(b) Refused to stop the investigation.
(c) Calls Lewis.
(d) Argued with the President.
10. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
(a) A house of crooks.
(d) A sweatshop.
11. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
(a) A new car.
(b) Jewelry for his wife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A million-dollar life insurance policy.
12. How old is Grantham?
13. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
14. Where did Curtis Morgan live?
15. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
(a) Not to use her name.
(b) To protect her.
(c) To get her out of the country.
(d) To get her a private airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Morgan's second lockbox located?
2. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
3. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
4. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
5. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)