|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
(a) He thinks it is too controversial.
(b) Sounds like one he gave at a Rotary convention.
(c) He thinks it is too conservative.
(d) He thinks it should be shorter.
2. When Shaw calls Grantham on Monday, what information does she tell him to get?
(a) Information about a trial.
(b) Information about Callahan's death.
(c) Presidential campaign disclosure forms.
(d) Information about Callahan's memorial service.
3. Who is the night police reporter for the Post?
(a) Mason Paypur.
(b) Andrew Levinson.
(c) Nathaniel Jones.
(d) David Mason.
4. Who told Shaw about the lawsuit between Mattiece and Green Fund?
(a) A clerk at the Federal Building in Lafayette.
(b) Alice Start.
(c) John Del Greco.
5. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
(a) Because she sees rowdy teens.
(b) Because she thought she saw Rupert behind her.
(c) Because the subway can be dangerous.
(d) Because she sees the Cowboy.
6. Where should Shaw have been instead of in New York researching lawyers?
(a) At home with her family.
(b) Federal Procedure at Tulane.
(c) Antitrust at Tulane.
(d) Constitutional Law at Tulane.
7. Where does Grantham go to meet Shaw for the first time?
(a) The Plaza.
(c) St. Moritz.
8. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
9. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
(a) A key to a lockbox.
(b) A videotape.
(c) An affidavit.
(d) A computer disk.
10. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
(a) His phone may be tapped.
(b) He likes to keep his private and work lives separate.
(c) He does not want his girlfriend answering the phone.
(d) He does not want his wife answering the phone.
11. Who does Shaw see after leaving the bed and breakfast on Sunday morning?
(d) The Cowboy.
12. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
(a) A conversation he has with Lewis.
(b) A conversation he has with Richard Horton.
(c) A conversation he has with Gminski.
(d) A conversation he has with East.
13. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
(c) Matthew Barr.
14. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
(a) To get her out of the country.
(b) To get her a private airplane.
(c) To protect her.
(d) Not to use her name.
15. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
(a) Jewelry for his wife.
(b) A million-dollar life insurance policy.
(c) A new car.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
2. After Shaw leaves New Orleans, where does the CIA lose her trail?
3. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
4. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
5. What does Shaw find in Morgan's lockbox?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)