|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
(a) Calls Lewis.
(b) Argued with the President.
(c) Refused to stop the investigation.
(d) Records the conversation.
2. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
(a) One from Sarge and one from Voyles.
(b) One from Sarge and one from Coal.
(c) One from Garcia and one from Shaw.
(d) One from the President and one from Coal.
3. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
(c) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
4. When Shaw calls Grantham on Monday, what information does she tell him to get?
(a) Information about Callahan's memorial service.
(b) Presidential campaign disclosure forms.
(c) Information about a trial.
(d) Information about Callahan's death.
5. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
6. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
(a) A videotape.
(b) An affidavit.
(c) A key to a lockbox.
(d) A computer disk.
7. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
8. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
(a) White and Blazevich.
(b) Ryan, Whitcomb, and Wood
(c) Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow.
(d) Greely and Brown.
9. Who is Croft looking for as he watches lawyers' offices for Grantham?
10. Why was Grantham racing down Rhode Island St. at fifty miles per hour?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He was supposed to meet Cleve.
(c) He was being followed.
(d) He was trying to get back to Shaw.
11. Who told Shaw about the lawsuit between Mattiece and Green Fund?
(b) Alice Start.
(c) A clerk at the Federal Building in Lafayette.
(d) John Del Greco.
12. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) To read the classifieds.
(b) To get ideas for stories.
(c) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
(d) To read the latest news.
13. Where was the President's wife taking money from the rich?
14. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
(a) Because she sees rowdy teens.
(b) Because she sees the Cowboy.
(c) Because she thought she saw Rupert behind her.
(d) Because the subway can be dangerous.
15. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
(a) Play raquetball.
(b) Play golf.
(c) Play tennis.
(d) Play squash.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
2. Where did Curtis Morgan live?
3. Where should Shaw have been instead of in New York researching lawyers?
4. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
5. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)