|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
(a) Sierra Club.
(b) Green Peace.
(c) Green Fund.
(d) Louisiana Wetlands Forever.
2. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
3. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
(b) To read the classifieds.
(c) To read the latest news.
(d) To get ideas for stories.
4. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
(a) One from Sarge and one from Voyles.
(b) One from Sarge and one from Coal.
(c) One from Garcia and one from Shaw.
(d) One from the President and one from Coal.
5. What does someone do to Grantham's car?
(a) Tampers with the brakes.
(b) Searches the car.
(c) Shoots out a tire.
(d) Installs a transmitter.
6. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
(a) Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow.
(b) Ryan, Whitcomb, and Wood
(c) Greely and Brown.
(d) White and Blazevich.
7. Why was Morgan working late when he was killed?
(a) Velmano asked him to work late.
(b) He worked eighty or more hours a week.
(c) Wakefield asked him to work late.
(d) He had to finish a project on the Pelican case.
8. Who does Shaw see when she is in a cafe in New York City?
(b) The Cowboy.
9. How does Shaw get to Newark?
(b) Taxi cab.
(d) Rental car.
10. What did Morgan see that at his law offices that he should not have a seen?
(a) The appeal for the Penguin case.
(b) A photograph of Mattiece.
(c) A letter from Edwin Sneller.
(d) A handwritten memo.
11. Where was Morgan's second lockbox located?
(b) Bank of America.
(c) First Columbia.
(d) First Hamilton.
12. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York City.
13. Who does Shaw see after leaving the bed and breakfast on Sunday morning?
(a) The Cowboy.
14. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
(a) Because she thought she saw Rupert behind her.
(b) Because she sees the Cowboy.
(c) Because she sees rowdy teens.
(d) Because the subway can be dangerous.
15. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
(a) The public library.
(b) Fordham law library.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Columbia law library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
2. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
3. Where did Curtis Morgan live?
4. What three cities have law firms that work for Mattiece?
5. What is Verheek to wear when he meets Shaw?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)