|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
(c) The President.
2. Who does Shaw see after leaving the bed and breakfast on Sunday morning?
(a) The Cowboy.
3. Who does Shaw see when she is in a cafe in New York City?
(b) The Cowboy.
4. What front-page story is run by the Times-Picayune that concerns the editors at the Post?
(a) An article about the pelican brief.
(b) An article about Shaw.
(c) Deaths of Verheek and Callahan.
(d) An article about Matthew Barr.
5. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
(c) The President.
6. What is Verheek to wear when he meets Shaw?
(a) A black shirt and a red baseball cap.
(b) A red shirt and a black baseball cap.
(c) A Saints jacket and a blue baseball cap.
(d) A red tie.
7. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
8. What was on the floor of Mattiece's gazebo in neat little trails?
9. In Chapter 36, who does Shaw pretend to be?
(a) A Georgetown administrator.
(b) A secretary at White and Blazevich.
(c) A Georgetown student.
(d) A partner at White and Blazevich.
10. Where is Khamel hiding after the assassination of Rosenberg and Jensen?
(b) Rio de Janiero.
11. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
12. What does Shaw say when Grantham asks what she thinks of investigative reporting?
(a) She would rather be shot.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She might become a reporter if she lives through this mess.
(d) She would rather butcher hogs.
13. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
(a) Serge Bauer and Blumenfeld and Cohen.
(b) White and Blazevich and Brim, Stearns.
(c) Calhoun Law Group and Ashcraft and Gerel.
(d) Greely and Brown and Lewis and Stephens.
14. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
(a) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(b) Twelve hundred dollars.
(c) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
15. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
(a) To make money.
(b) She loved research.
(c) She wanted to be a litigator.
(d) Idealism and money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
2. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
3. How old is Grantham?
4. Who does Khamel kill when he gets on the shore in Louisiana?
5. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)