|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Shaw watch Callahan's memorial service?
(a) Bascomb Hall.
(b) Newcomb Hall.
(c) Lafayette Hall.
(d) Andrews Hall.
2. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
3. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
(a) He will have it done within 24 hours.
(b) It will be done within three days.
(c) It may take two weeks to get it done.
(d) It is impossible.
4. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
(a) A conversation he has with East.
(b) A conversation he has with Gminski.
(c) A conversation he has with Lewis.
(d) A conversation he has with Richard Horton.
5. How does Shaw get to Newark?
(a) Rental car.
(c) Taxi cab.
6. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
(b) To read the classifieds.
(c) To get ideas for stories.
(d) To read the latest news.
7. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
(a) Greely and Brown and Lewis and Stephens.
(b) Serge Bauer and Blumenfeld and Cohen.
(c) White and Blazevich and Brim, Stearns.
(d) Calhoun Law Group and Ashcraft and Gerel.
8. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
(c) The President.
9. Who kills Verheek?
(c) The Cowboy.
10. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
(b) A sweatshop.
(c) A house of crooks.
11. Where is Khamel hiding after the assassination of Rosenberg and Jensen?
(b) Rio de Janiero.
12. Who does Shaw see when she is in a cafe in New York City?
(b) The Cowboy.
13. What did Morgan see that at his law offices that he should not have a seen?
(a) A handwritten memo.
(b) A photograph of Mattiece.
(c) The appeal for the Penguin case.
(d) A letter from Edwin Sneller.
14. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
15. Why can't Shaw see Morgan when she goes to the offices of White and Blazevich?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He is out of town.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is with a client.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
2. Why was Grantham racing down Rhode Island St. at fifty miles per hour?
3. Where was Morgan's second lockbox located?
4. Where did Curtis Morgan live?
5. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)