|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
(a) Serge Bauer and Blumenfeld and Cohen.
(b) Greely and Brown and Lewis and Stephens.
(c) White and Blazevich and Brim, Stearns.
(d) Calhoun Law Group and Ashcraft and Gerel.
2. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
(a) He thinks it is too conservative.
(b) Sounds like one he gave at a Rotary convention.
(c) He thinks it should be shorter.
(d) He thinks it is too controversial.
3. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
4. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
(a) Because they took cash and required no ID.
(b) Because it was close to the airport.
(c) Because she had stayed there before and liked the hotel.
(d) Because they had excellent security.
5. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
(a) Ryan, Whitcomb, and Wood
(b) White and Blazevich.
(c) Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow.
(d) Greely and Brown.
6. Who does Shaw see after leaving the bed and breakfast on Sunday morning?
(a) The Cowboy.
7. In Chapter 36, who does Shaw pretend to be?
(a) A Georgetown administrator.
(b) A Georgetown student.
(c) A secretary at White and Blazevich.
(d) A partner at White and Blazevich.
8. How long does the President wish to wait before beginning an investigation into the pelican brief?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) A week.
9. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) Twelve hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(d) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
10. What front-page story is run by the Times-Picayune that concerns the editors at the Post?
(a) Deaths of Verheek and Callahan.
(b) An article about the pelican brief.
(c) An article about Matthew Barr.
(d) An article about Shaw.
11. Where is Khamel hiding after the assassination of Rosenberg and Jensen?
(a) Rio de Janiero.
12. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
(a) Jewelry for his wife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A new car.
(d) A million-dollar life insurance policy.
13. Who comes to Shaw's rescue when she is running from Stump?
(c) The Cowboy.
(d) Big guys who were Saints fans.
14. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
(a) To get her a private airplane.
(b) To get her out of the country.
(c) Not to use her name.
(d) To protect her.
15. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
(a) He does not want his girlfriend answering the phone.
(b) His phone may be tapped.
(c) He likes to keep his private and work lives separate.
(d) He does not want his wife answering the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
2. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
3. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
4. Who kills Verheek?
5. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)