|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
(a) Because she sees rowdy teens.
(b) Because she thought she saw Rupert behind her.
(c) Because she sees the Cowboy.
(d) Because the subway can be dangerous.
2. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
(a) New York City.
(d) New Orleans.
3. In Chapter 27, who from the FBI and CIA meet with each other at Dupont Circle?
(a) Trope and Booker.
(b) Gminski and Lewis.
(c) Gminski and Lewis.
(d) Voyles and Gminski.
4. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
(a) A conversation he has with East.
(b) A conversation he has with Richard Horton.
(c) A conversation he has with Lewis.
(d) A conversation he has with Gminski.
5. What happened to the man Shaw thought was Verheek?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was injured and taken to a hospital.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was roughed up by Saints fans.
6. How does Shaw get to Newark?
(b) Taxi cab.
(d) Rental car.
7. Who is the night police reporter for the Post?
(a) Nathaniel Jones.
(b) David Mason.
(c) Andrew Levinson.
(d) Mason Paypur.
8. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
(a) He will have it done within 24 hours.
(b) It may take two weeks to get it done.
(c) It will be done within three days.
(d) It is impossible.
9. Who comes to Shaw's rescue when she is running from Stump?
(a) Big guys who were Saints fans.
(b) The Cowboy.
10. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
11. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
(a) One from Sarge and one from Voyles.
(b) One from Sarge and one from Coal.
(c) One from Garcia and one from Shaw.
(d) One from the President and one from Coal.
12. Who told Shaw about the lawsuit between Mattiece and Green Fund?
(a) Alice Start.
(b) A clerk at the Federal Building in Lafayette.
(c) John Del Greco.
13. Who is Croft looking for as he watches lawyers' offices for Grantham?
14. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
(a) Calhoun Law Group and Ashcraft and Gerel.
(b) Greely and Brown and Lewis and Stephens.
(c) Serge Bauer and Blumenfeld and Cohen.
(d) White and Blazevich and Brim, Stearns.
15. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
2. Who does Khamel kill when he gets on the shore in Louisiana?
3. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
4. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
5. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)