|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
(a) A gun.
(b) Jewelry for his wife.
(c) A million-dollar life insurance policy.
(d) A new car.
2. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
(a) Green Fund.
(b) Louisiana Wetlands Forever.
(c) Green Peace.
(d) Sierra Club.
3. How much is Croft being paid to watch lawyers' offices?
(a) $20 an hour.
(b) $90 a day.
(c) $120 a day.
(d) $10 an hour.
4. Where did Curtis Morgan live?
5. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
6. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
(a) Play squash.
(b) Play raquetball.
(c) Play tennis.
(d) Play golf.
7. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
(a) Sarge has been put on medical leave.
(b) Sarge has been fired.
(c) Sarge has been shot.
(d) Sarge has been asked to retire.
8. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
(a) It may take two weeks to get it done.
(b) It is impossible.
(c) He will have it done within 24 hours.
(d) It will be done within three days.
9. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
(c) The President.
10. Who does Khamel's employer want him to kill?
11. Where was Morgan's second lockbox located?
(a) Bank of America.
(c) First Columbia.
(d) First Hamilton.
12. Who told Shaw about the lawsuit between Mattiece and Green Fund?
(a) A clerk at the Federal Building in Lafayette.
(c) Alice Start.
(d) John Del Greco.
13. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
(d) The President.
14. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
(a) Because she had stayed there before and liked the hotel.
(b) Because they had excellent security.
(c) Because they took cash and required no ID.
(d) Because it was close to the airport.
15. Where should Shaw have been instead of in New York researching lawyers?
(a) At home with her family.
(b) Antitrust at Tulane.
(c) Federal Procedure at Tulane.
(d) Constitutional Law at Tulane.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
2. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
3. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
4. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
5. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)