|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
(a) He does not want his girlfriend answering the phone.
(b) He likes to keep his private and work lives separate.
(c) He does not want his wife answering the phone.
(d) His phone may be tapped.
2. Where is Verheek to meet Shaw on Monday?
(a) Shaw's apartment.
(c) French Quarter.
(d) Frenchmen's Bend.
3. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
(c) The President.
4. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
(a) A house of crooks.
(b) A sweatshop.
5. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
6. Where was the President's wife taking money from the rich?
7. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
(a) Because the subway can be dangerous.
(b) Because she sees rowdy teens.
(c) Because she sees the Cowboy.
(d) Because she thought she saw Rupert behind her.
8. Who does Shaw see when she is in a cafe in New York City?
(c) The Cowboy.
9. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
(a) To make money.
(b) She loved research.
(c) Idealism and money.
(d) She wanted to be a litigator.
10. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
(a) Sarge has been asked to retire.
(b) Sarge has been fired.
(c) Sarge has been put on medical leave.
(d) Sarge has been shot.
11. Where should Shaw have been instead of in New York researching lawyers?
(a) Federal Procedure at Tulane.
(b) At home with her family.
(c) Antitrust at Tulane.
(d) Constitutional Law at Tulane.
12. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
(a) Green Fund.
(b) Sierra Club.
(c) Green Peace.
(d) Louisiana Wetlands Forever.
13. In Chapter 27, who from the FBI and CIA meet with each other at Dupont Circle?
(a) Voyles and Gminski.
(b) Gminski and Lewis.
(c) Trope and Booker.
(d) Gminski and Lewis.
14. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
(a) It may take two weeks to get it done.
(b) It will be done within three days.
(c) It is impossible.
(d) He will have it done within 24 hours.
15. From where does Shaw watch Callahan's memorial service?
(a) Bascomb Hall.
(b) Lafayette Hall.
(c) Newcomb Hall.
(d) Andrews Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morgan see that at his law offices that he should not have a seen?
2. How long does the President wish to wait before beginning an investigation into the pelican brief?
3. Who is Croft looking for as he watches lawyers' offices for Grantham?
4. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
5. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)