|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does someone do to Grantham's car?
(a) Tampers with the brakes.
(b) Searches the car.
(c) Shoots out a tire.
(d) Installs a transmitter.
2. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
(c) Fort Lauderdale.
3. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
(a) Sarge has been shot.
(b) Sarge has been fired.
(c) Sarge has been put on medical leave.
(d) Sarge has been asked to retire.
4. What does Shaw say when Grantham asks what she thinks of investigative reporting?
(a) She would rather butcher hogs.
(b) She would rather be shot.
(c) She might become a reporter if she lives through this mess.
(d) She loves it.
5. What does Shaw find in Morgan's lockbox?
(a) A computer disk.
(b) A gun.
(d) An envelope and a videotape.
6. What two calls does Grantham receive early Saturday morning?
(a) One from Sarge and one from Coal.
(b) One from Garcia and one from Shaw.
(c) One from Sarge and one from Voyles.
(d) One from the President and one from Coal.
7. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
(a) Play squash.
(b) Play tennis.
(c) Play raquetball.
(d) Play golf.
8. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
(a) It will be done within three days.
(b) He will have it done within 24 hours.
(c) It is impossible.
(d) It may take two weeks to get it done.
9. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
(a) Idealism and money.
(b) To make money.
(c) She loved research.
(d) She wanted to be a litigator.
10. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
(c) New York City.
(d) New Orleans.
11. Who is the night police reporter for the Post?
(a) Andrew Levinson.
(b) David Mason.
(c) Mason Paypur.
(d) Nathaniel Jones.
12. Where is Khamel hiding after the assassination of Rosenberg and Jensen?
(a) Rio de Janiero.
13. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
(a) Voyles' room.
(b) Shaw's room.
(c) Callahan's room.
(d) Verheek's room.
14. From where does Shaw watch Callahan's memorial service?
(a) Bascomb Hall.
(b) Andrews Hall.
(c) Newcomb Hall.
(d) Lafayette Hall.
15. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Morgan's second lockbox located?
2. When Shaw calls Grantham on Monday, what information does she tell him to get?
3. Who comes to Shaw's rescue when she is running from Stump?
4. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
5. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)