|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What front-page story is run by the Times-Picayune that concerns the editors at the Post?
(a) An article about Shaw.
(b) An article about the pelican brief.
(c) Deaths of Verheek and Callahan.
(d) An article about Matthew Barr.
2. Who is the person mentioned in the pelican brief?
3. Who comes to Shaw's rescue when she is running from Stump?
(a) Big guys who were Saints fans.
(c) The Cowboy.
4. Who is Croft looking for as he watches lawyers' offices for Grantham?
5. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
(a) Because she sees the Cowboy.
(b) Because the subway can be dangerous.
(c) Because she thought she saw Rupert behind her.
(d) Because she sees rowdy teens.
6. What does Shaw say when Grantham asks what she thinks of investigative reporting?
(a) She might become a reporter if she lives through this mess.
(b) She would rather be shot.
(c) She would rather butcher hogs.
(d) She loves it.
7. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
(a) Greely and Brown and Lewis and Stephens.
(b) White and Blazevich and Brim, Stearns.
(c) Calhoun Law Group and Ashcraft and Gerel.
(d) Serge Bauer and Blumenfeld and Cohen.
8. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
9. How long does the President wish to wait before beginning an investigation into the pelican brief?
(a) Five days.
(b) A week.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six weeks.
10. How much is Croft being paid to watch lawyers' offices?
(a) $90 a day.
(b) $120 a day.
(c) $10 an hour.
(d) $20 an hour.
11. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
12. Where is Verheek to meet Shaw on Monday?
(a) Shaw's apartment.
(c) French Quarter.
(d) Frenchmen's Bend.
13. Where was Morgan's second lockbox located?
(a) First Hamilton.
(b) First Columbia.
(d) Bank of America.
14. What was on the floor of Mattiece's gazebo in neat little trails?
15. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
(b) To get ideas for stories.
(c) To read the latest news.
(d) To read the classifieds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morgan call the offices of White and Blazevich?
2. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
3. Where did Curtis Morgan live?
4. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
5. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)