|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shaw get to Newark?
(b) Rental car.
(c) Taxi cab.
2. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
(b) Fort Lauderdale.
3. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
4. What is Verheek to wear when he meets Shaw?
(a) A black shirt and a red baseball cap.
(b) A red shirt and a black baseball cap.
(c) A red tie.
(d) A Saints jacket and a blue baseball cap.
5. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
6. Why was Morgan working late when he was killed?
(a) Velmano asked him to work late.
(b) He had to finish a project on the Pelican case.
(c) He worked eighty or more hours a week.
(d) Wakefield asked him to work late.
7. What does someone do to Grantham's car?
(a) Searches the car.
(b) Installs a transmitter.
(c) Tampers with the brakes.
(d) Shoots out a tire.
8. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
(c) Matthew Barr.
9. Why can't Shaw see Morgan when she goes to the offices of White and Blazevich?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is with a client.
(c) He is out of town.
(d) He is in the hospital.
10. What front-page story is run by the Times-Picayune that concerns the editors at the Post?
(a) An article about the pelican brief.
(b) Deaths of Verheek and Callahan.
(c) An article about Matthew Barr.
(d) An article about Shaw.
11. What did Morgan see that at his law offices that he should not have a seen?
(a) A letter from Edwin Sneller.
(b) The appeal for the Penguin case.
(c) A handwritten memo.
(d) A photograph of Mattiece.
12. At which law firm does Croft thinks he spots Garcia?
(a) Ryan, Whitcomb, and Wood
(b) Greely and Brown.
(c) Brim, Stearns, and Kidlow.
(d) White and Blazevich.
13. Who is Croft looking for as he watches lawyers' offices for Grantham?
14. What happened to the man Shaw thought was Verheek?
(a) He was injured and taken to a hospital.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was roughed up by Saints fans.
15. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
(a) To get her out of the country.
(b) To get her a private airplane.
(c) Not to use her name.
(d) To protect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
2. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
3. How old is Grantham?
4. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
5. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)