|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York City.
2. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
3. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
(c) Matthew Barr.
4. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
(a) Because they took cash and required no ID.
(b) Because it was close to the airport.
(c) Because they had excellent security.
(d) Because she had stayed there before and liked the hotel.
5. Where does Grantham go to meet Shaw for the first time?
(a) The Plaza.
(c) St. Moritz.
6. What front-page story is run by the Times-Picayune that concerns the editors at the Post?
(a) An article about Shaw.
(b) Deaths of Verheek and Callahan.
(c) An article about Matthew Barr.
(d) An article about the pelican brief.
7. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
(a) The public library.
(b) Fordham law library.
(c) Columbia law library.
(d) The New York Times.
8. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(c) Twelve hundred dollars.
(d) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
9. What happened to the man Shaw thought was Verheek?
(a) He was roughed up by Saints fans.
(b) He was injured and taken to a hospital.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was arrested.
10. Who told Shaw about the lawsuit between Mattiece and Green Fund?
(a) A clerk at the Federal Building in Lafayette.
(b) Alice Start.
(d) John Del Greco.
11. Who kills Verheek?
(b) The Cowboy.
12. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
(a) Verheek's room.
(b) Shaw's room.
(c) Callahan's room.
(d) Voyles' room.
13. Why can't Shaw see Morgan when she goes to the offices of White and Blazevich?
(a) He is with a client.
(b) He is out of town.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is in the hospital.
14. What did Morgan see that at his law offices that he should not have a seen?
(a) A photograph of Mattiece.
(b) A handwritten memo.
(c) The appeal for the Penguin case.
(d) A letter from Edwin Sneller.
15. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
(a) Play golf.
(b) Play tennis.
(c) Play squash.
(d) Play raquetball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
2. What has happened to Louisiana's brown pelicans?
3. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
4. From where does Shaw watch Callahan's memorial service?
5. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)