|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) To read the latest news.
(b) To read the classifieds.
(c) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
(d) To get ideas for stories.
2. When Shaw calls Grantham on Monday, what information does she tell him to get?
(a) Information about Callahan's memorial service.
(b) Information about Callahan's death.
(c) Presidential campaign disclosure forms.
(d) Information about a trial.
3. After Shaw leaves New Orleans, where does the CIA lose her trail?
(d) Las Vegas.
4. What does Shaw say when Grantham asks what she thinks of investigative reporting?
(a) She would rather butcher hogs.
(b) She would rather be shot.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She might become a reporter if she lives through this mess.
5. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
(a) Sounds like one he gave at a Rotary convention.
(b) He thinks it should be shorter.
(c) He thinks it is too conservative.
(d) He thinks it is too controversial.
6. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
(a) Fordham law library.
(b) The public library.
(c) Columbia law library.
(d) The New York Times.
7. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
(a) Sierra Club.
(b) Green Peace.
(c) Green Fund.
(d) Louisiana Wetlands Forever.
8. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
(a) White and Blazevich and Brim, Stearns.
(b) Greely and Brown and Lewis and Stephens.
(c) Calhoun Law Group and Ashcraft and Gerel.
(d) Serge Bauer and Blumenfeld and Cohen.
9. How does Shaw get to Newark?
(a) Taxi cab.
(b) Rental car.
10. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
(a) To get her out of the country.
(b) To protect her.
(c) Not to use her name.
(d) To get her a private airplane.
11. What did Mrs. Morgan find when going through her husband's desk?
(a) An affidavit.
(b) A key to a lockbox.
(c) A videotape.
(d) A computer disk.
12. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
(d) The President.
13. Where does Grantham go to meet Shaw for the first time?
(a) St. Moritz.
(c) The Plaza.
14. What front-page story is run by the Times-Picayune that concerns the editors at the Post?
(a) An article about the pelican brief.
(b) Deaths of Verheek and Callahan.
(c) An article about Matthew Barr.
(d) An article about Shaw.
15. Why was Grantham racing down Rhode Island St. at fifty miles per hour?
(a) He was being followed.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He was supposed to meet Cleve.
(d) He was trying to get back to Shaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Khamel's employer want him to kill?
2. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
3. With whom is Coal having a meeting in his limousine?
4. What does Shaw find in Morgan's lockbox?
5. How old is Grantham?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)