|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Grantham constantly scanning the Times?
(a) To get ideas for stories.
(b) To read the classifieds.
(c) To read the latest news.
(d) Make sure they have not scooped his story.
2. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
(a) He thinks it should be shorter.
(b) He thinks it is too controversial.
(c) He thinks it is too conservative.
(d) Sounds like one he gave at a Rotary convention.
3. Where did Curtis Morgan live?
4. In Chapter 27, who from the FBI and CIA meet with each other at Dupont Circle?
(a) Gminski and Lewis.
(b) Gminski and Lewis.
(c) Trope and Booker.
(d) Voyles and Gminski.
5. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
(d) The President.
6. Which two law firms in D.C. does Shaw say work for Mattiece?
(a) Greely and Brown and Lewis and Stephens.
(b) Calhoun Law Group and Ashcraft and Gerel.
(c) White and Blazevich and Brim, Stearns.
(d) Serge Bauer and Blumenfeld and Cohen.
7. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
(a) She loved research.
(b) She wanted to be a litigator.
(c) To make money.
(d) Idealism and money.
8. To whom does Coal show the pelican brief in Chapter 33?
(c) The President.
9. What does Shaw say when Grantham asks what she thinks of investigative reporting?
(a) She would rather be shot.
(b) She would rather butcher hogs.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She might become a reporter if she lives through this mess.
10. After Shaw leaves New Orleans, where does the CIA lose her trail?
(c) Las Vegas.
11. Who does Shaw see when she is in a cafe in New York City?
(c) The Cowboy.
12. Where was Morgan's second lockbox located?
(b) First Hamilton.
(c) Bank of America.
(d) First Columbia.
13. Who comes to Shaw's rescue when she is running from Stump?
(c) The Cowboy.
(d) Big guys who were Saints fans.
14. Who is Croft looking for as he watches lawyers' offices for Grantham?
15. What happened to the man Shaw thought was Verheek?
(a) He was roughed up by Saints fans.
(b) He was injured and taken to a hospital.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
2. Why does Grantham tell Shaw not to call him at home?
3. What has happened to Louisiana's brown pelicans?
4. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
5. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)