|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
2. What is Mrs. Morgan's maiden name?
3. Who kills Verheek?
(c) The Cowboy.
4. What three cities have law firms that work for Mattiece?
(a) Philadelphia, Boston, and D.C.
(b) Dallas, Houston, and New York City.
(c) Dallas, Ft. Worth, and Philadelphia.
(d) New Orleans, Houston, and D.C.
5. What does Shaw find in Morgan's lockbox?
(b) A computer disk.
(c) An envelope and a videotape.
(d) A gun.
6. Who does Grantham call at the White House to inquire about the pelican brief?
(d) The President.
7. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
(a) He thinks it is too conservative.
(b) He thinks it is too controversial.
(c) Sounds like one he gave at a Rotary convention.
(d) He thinks it should be shorter.
8. From where does Shaw watch Callahan's memorial service?
(a) Andrews Hall.
(b) Bascomb Hall.
(c) Lafayette Hall.
(d) Newcomb Hall.
9. Who from the Times is asking about the pelican brief?
10. How many weeks of vacation does the Post owe Grantham?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Two months.
11. What did Morgan purchase shortly before his death?
(a) Jewelry for his wife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A new car.
(d) A million-dollar life insurance policy.
12. While in New Orleans, to whose room does Khamel go to hide in a closet?
(a) Voyles' room.
(b) Verheek's room.
(c) Shaw's room.
(d) Callahan's room.
13. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
(b) New York City.
(c) New Orleans.
14. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
15. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Verheek to wear when he meets Shaw?
2. What was on the floor of Mattiece's gazebo in neat little trails?
3. When Shaw is in New York, where does she go to research lawyers at law firms?
4. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
5. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)