|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morgan see that at his law offices that he should not have a seen?
(a) A handwritten memo.
(b) A photograph of Mattiece.
(c) A letter from Edwin Sneller.
(d) The appeal for the Penguin case.
2. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
(a) Sierra Club.
(b) Green Peace.
(c) Louisiana Wetlands Forever.
(d) Green Fund.
3. What does Barr tell Coal when he is asked to bug Grantham's phone at the Post?
(a) He will have it done within 24 hours.
(b) It may take two weeks to get it done.
(c) It is impossible.
(d) It will be done within three days.
4. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
(a) A conversation he has with East.
(b) A conversation he has with Lewis.
(c) A conversation he has with Richard Horton.
(d) A conversation he has with Gminski.
5. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
(a) Refused to stop the investigation.
(b) Calls Lewis.
(c) Records the conversation.
(d) Argued with the President.
6. On Monday, what is Coal planning to do during lunch?
(a) Play golf.
(b) Play raquetball.
(c) Play squash.
(d) Play tennis.
7. How does Shaw get to Newark?
(b) Taxi cab.
(c) Rental car.
8. How many men did Sneller bring in from Miami by private jet?
9. Who comes to Shaw's rescue when she is running from Stump?
(a) Big guys who were Saints fans.
(c) The Cowboy.
10. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
11. What has happened to Louisiana's brown pelicans?
(b) Destruction of their habitat.
(c) Too many hunters.
12. Where is Verheek to meet Shaw on Monday?
(b) Shaw's apartment.
(c) Frenchmen's Bend.
(d) French Quarter.
13. What does someone do to Grantham's car?
(a) Tampers with the brakes.
(b) Searches the car.
(c) Installs a transmitter.
(d) Shoots out a tire.
14. Why was Grantham racing down Rhode Island St. at fifty miles per hour?
(a) He was trying to get back to Shaw.
(b) He was being followed.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was supposed to meet Cleve.
15. What front-page story is run by the Times-Picayune that concerns the editors at the Post?
(a) An article about Shaw.
(b) An article about Matthew Barr.
(c) Deaths of Verheek and Callahan.
(d) An article about the pelican brief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the President dissatisfied with a speech he is to give at College Park?
2. Where is Barr told to go after he arrives in New Orleans?
3. What does Shaw tell Grantham when he asks her why she wanted to be a lawyer?
4. Why was Morgan working late when he was killed?
5. In Chapter 27, who from the FBI and CIA meet with each other at Dupont Circle?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)