|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shaw not want to take the subway in New York?
(a) Because she sees the Cowboy.
(b) Because the subway can be dangerous.
(c) Because she thought she saw Rupert behind her.
(d) Because she sees rowdy teens.
2. How does Shaw get to Newark?
(b) Taxi cab.
(c) Rental car.
3. What happened to the man Shaw thought was Verheek?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was injured and taken to a hospital.
(d) He was roughed up by Saints fans.
4. What does Voyles do when the President asks him to stop investigating the pelican brief?
(a) Calls Lewis.
(b) Records the conversation.
(c) Refused to stop the investigation.
(d) Argued with the President.
5. When did the rape of the Louisiana coastal wetlands begin?
6. What does Grantham learn when he calls Cleve from the Jefferson Hotel?
(a) Sarge has been put on medical leave.
(b) Sarge has been shot.
(c) Sarge has been asked to retire.
(d) Sarge has been fired.
7. What does Shaw say when Grantham asks what she thinks of investigative reporting?
(a) She would rather butcher hogs.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She would rather be shot.
(d) She might become a reporter if she lives through this mess.
8. Where is Rupert at midnight in Chapter 31?
(b) New York City.
(d) New Orleans.
9. How much money does Shaw wire from her bank account?
(a) Seventy-five thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
10. Who does Khamel's employer want him to kill?
11. From where does Shaw watch Callahan's memorial service?
(a) Andrews Hall.
(b) Newcomb Hall.
(c) Bascomb Hall.
(d) Lafayette Hall.
12. Who does Shaw see when she is in a cafe in New York City?
(d) The Cowboy.
13. Where was Morgan's second lockbox located?
(a) First Hamilton.
(b) Bank of America.
(d) First Columbia.
14. What deal does Shaw make with Grantham when she tells him she is in New York?
(a) To get her out of the country.
(b) Not to use her name.
(c) To protect her.
(d) To get her a private airplane.
15. Why is Coal alarmed in Chapter 34?
(a) A conversation he has with East.
(b) A conversation he has with Richard Horton.
(c) A conversation he has with Lewis.
(d) A conversation he has with Gminski.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the President invite to play golf with him on Monday afternoon?
2. What is the name of the environmental group that filed a lawsuit to prevent drilling and dredging in Louisiana?
3. Where did Curtis Morgan live?
4. Who does Shaw see after leaving the bed and breakfast on Sunday morning?
5. Why did Shaw choose a certain hotel for her stay in New York City?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)