|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will it take Voyles to have the names of the candidates for the Supreme Court checked?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Many months.
(c) A month.
(d) Ten days.
2. Why does a police officer awaken Grantham at 5:30 a.m.?
(a) Sarge wants to talk with him.
(b) The officer wants to search Grantham's apartment.
(c) The officer is a friend of Grantham.
(d) Grantham's car is about to be towed.
3. In Chapter 10, how many days did Shaw avoid Callahan while she played detective?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) A day and a half.
4. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
(a) The Brown case.
(b) The Dumond case.
(c) The Phillips case.
(d) The Nash case.
5. Who does Shaw call right after the explosion?
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Callahan's parents.
6. What does Verheek do with Shaw's brief?
(a) He has it sent to Verheek.
(b) He has it sent to Coal.
(c) He has it sent to East.
(d) He has it sent to Voyles.
7. Who do Callahan and Verheek think might have leaked the names of possible nominees for the Supreme Court?
(c) The President.
8. What is the first thing Shaw does to disguise herself?
(a) Cuts and dyes her hair.
(b) Changes her makeup.
(c) Uses contact lenses to change her eye color.
(d) Buys different clothing.
9. What reason does Verheek give Callahan that could explain why Jensen and Rosenberg were killed?
(a) They irritated the Aryan Brotherhood.
(b) They were stupid and they were exposed.
(c) They irritated a right-wing group.
(d) A decision that was made angered the White Supremacists.
10. How many siblings does Shaw have?
(a) One sister.
(b) One brother.
(c) Two brothers.
(d) Two sisters.
11. As described in the beginning of the book, how many death threats against Supreme Court justices has the FBI logged in the past sixty days?
(a) Over two hundred.
(b) Almost five hundred.
(d) Over one hundred.
12. What two justices refuse to allow FBI agents inside their homes?
(a) Rosenberg and Jensen.
(b) Thurow and Jensen.
(c) Jensen and Manning.
(d) Rosenberg and Runyan.
13. What is the name of Rosenberg's male nurse?
14. From where does Garcia call when he contacts Grantham for a second time?
(a) A pay phone near the Pentagon.
(b) Pennsylvania Avenue near the Justice Department.
(c) A pay phone a block from the Post.
15. How long does Lewis tell the President that it may take to find the murderers of the justices?
(a) At least a year.
(b) A few days.
(c) Many months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Justice wants to use the law clerks to put together a list of murder suspects?
2. How many of the death threats against the Supreme Court Justices are directed toward Rosenberg?
3. From where does Garcia call from the first time he contacts Grantham?
4. What is the First Lady's nickname?
5. Which government agency is watching Shaw?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)