|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the First Lady's nickname?
(a) The Princess.
(b) Her Highness.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Lady Prez.
2. What friend does Shaw decide to call?
(a) Rebecca Chin.
(b) Andrea Miller.
(c) Alice Stark.
(d) Mandy Smithson.
3. Who is the youngest Supreme Court justice at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who had Jensen been dating?
(a) A D.C. lawyer.
(b) A law clerk.
(c) A high school sweetheart.
(d) An aerobics instructor.
5. What does the President ask Voyles to provide by 5 p.m. seven days a week until the murders are solved?
(a) A list of suspects.
(b) Two-page progress report.
(c) A memo outlining progress made toward solving the murders.
(d) A four-page progress report.
6. How many siblings does Shaw have?
(a) One sister.
(b) One brother.
(c) Two brothers.
(d) Two sisters.
7. Why were Shaw and Callahan arguing in at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) He wanted her to come back to his apartment.
(b) They were arguing about Callahan's drinking.
(c) She wanted to eat at a different restaurant.
(d) She wanted him to quit canceling classes.
8. Why is Verheek coming to New Orleans?
(a) To meet with Shaw.
(b) To give a eulogy at Callahan's memorial service.
(c) To attend Callahan's memorial service.
(d) To be a pallbearer at Callahan's memorial service.
9. What does Cleve give Grantham from Sarge?
(a) A telephone number.
(b) A White House memo.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A tape.
10. What does Callahan give Verheek?
(a) A brief that Shaw wrote.
(b) A picture of him and Shaw.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A picture of the two of them from law school.
11. What is the name of Rosenberg's male nurse?
12. Who plays the role of peacemaker when Coal and Voyle argue over the list of candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
(c) The President.
13. What interest group does Rosenberg favor?
14. Who calls Grantham after the story about the nominees is published?
(b) A lawyer with information about Rosenberg and Jensen.
(c) A reporter from the Times.
15. What information does Sarge provide Grantham when they meet?
(a) All the names of the possible nominees for the Supreme Court.
(b) Names of suspects who may have murdered the justices.
(c) A confidential memo.
(d) Names of two possible nominees for the Supreme Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Verheek give Callahan that could explain why Jensen and Rosenberg were killed?
2. Who does Khamel meet at the Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown?
3. Why is Suspect Number Six on the list of possible suspects for the murders of the justices?
4. How did the FBI trace Shaw to the Marriott?
5. How long does Lewis tell the President that it may take to find the murderers of the justices?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)