|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
(a) David Myers.
(b) Gavin Verheek.
(c) Andrew Brown.
(d) Eric East.
2. What almost killed Rosenberg seven years ago?
(a) A triple by-pass.
(b) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
3. Why does Shaw go to the federal building in Lafayette?
(a) To talk to a friend.
(b) To look at files from a trial.
(c) To look at property deeds.
(d) To file a subpoena.
4. What does Verheek do with Shaw's brief?
(a) He has it sent to Verheek.
(b) He has it sent to Coal.
(c) He has it sent to Voyles.
(d) He has it sent to East.
5. What password do Luke and Sam/Khamel use when they meet at the pier?
(a) Lucky Strike.
6. For what medical condition is Justice Jensen being treated?
(a) Cystic fibrosis.
(c) A heart ailment.
7. What is the first thing Shaw does to disguise herself?
(a) Changes her makeup.
(b) Uses contact lenses to change her eye color.
(c) Buys different clothing.
(d) Cuts and dyes her hair.
8. Who does Shaw call right after the explosion?
(b) Callahan's parents.
(c) Her best friend.
9. Where is Grantham supposed to meet Sarge?
(b) Morning Cafe.
(c) Greenwich Cafe.
10. How does Coal monitor meetings with the President that he does not attend?
(a) A tape recorder in the Oval Office.
(b) Closed-circuit cameras and audio in his office.
(c) Two-way mirror.
(d) A video recorder in the Oval Office.
11. How long does Lewis tell the President that it may take to find the murderers of the justices?
(a) A few days.
(b) Many months.
(c) Six months.
(d) At least a year.
12. What student enters the constitutional law class late?
(a) Alex Smythe.
(b) John Wentworth.
(c) Darby Shaw.
(d) David Sallinger.
13. How long will it take Voyles to have the names of the candidates for the Supreme Court checked?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) A month.
(d) Many months.
14. What does Cleve give Grantham from Sarge?
(a) A tape.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A White House memo.
(d) A telephone number.
15. Where have Luke and Khamel met before?
(a) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Coal awake the President at 4:30 a.m.?
2. Who plays the role of peacemaker when Coal and Voyle argue over the list of candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
3. Where do White House phantom memos originate?
4. What does Callahan bring Shaw after she has been playing detective for several days?
5. How many hours does the FBI director want Verheek to work until the murders are solved?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)