|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes and takes Shaw away from the scene of the explosion?
(a) A woman who was saw the explosion.
(b) A black man who was a bystander.
(c) Sergeant Rupert.
(d) A police officer wearing cowboy boots.
2. What is the specialty of the group that is bombing dirty movie businesses?
(a) Killing individuals.
(b) Demolition of structures used by the enemy.
(c) Torturing doctors.
(d) Bombing building when they are filled with people.
3. What reason does Verheek give Callahan that could explain why Jensen and Rosenberg were killed?
(a) A decision that was made angered the White Supremacists.
(b) They irritated the Aryan Brotherhood.
(c) They irritated a right-wing group.
(d) They were stupid and they were exposed.
4. Who does Callahan believe killed the justices?
(a) Someone in the White House.
(b) International terrorists.
(c) Nelson Muncie.
5. Who is Smith Keen?
(a) A reporter at the Post.
(b) Managing editor at the Post.
(c) Assistant managing editor/investigations for the Post.
(d) A lawyer for the Post.
6. Why does Shaw go to the federal building in Lafayette?
(a) To look at property deeds.
(b) To file a subpoena.
(c) To talk to a friend.
(d) To look at files from a trial.
7. What was Shaw's major for her undergraduate degree?
8. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
(a) The Dumond case.
(b) The Brown case.
(c) The Phillips case.
(d) The Nash case.
9. Where did Sergeant Rupert take Shaw?
(a) To a cafe.
(b) To a church.
(c) To an unmarked police car.
(d) To the hospital.
10. What is Coal's job title?
(a) White House Chief of Staff.
(b) Director of the FBI.
(c) Speech writer.
(d) President of the United States.
11. What does the President ask Voyles to provide by 5 p.m. seven days a week until the murders are solved?
(a) A list of suspects.
(b) A memo outlining progress made toward solving the murders.
(c) Two-page progress report.
(d) A four-page progress report.
12. Which justice is afraid of his own shadow?
(a) Justice Runyan.
(b) Justice Manning.
(c) Justice Jensen.
(d) Justice Rosenberg.
13. What password do Luke and Sam/Khamel use when they meet at the pier?
(c) Lucky Strike.
14. What friend does Shaw decide to call?
(a) Rebecca Chin.
(b) Mandy Smithson.
(c) Andrea Miller.
(d) Alice Stark.
15. Who does Shaw call right after the explosion?
(b) Her best friend.
(d) Callahan's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two justices refuse to allow FBI agents inside their homes?
2. How many siblings does Shaw have?
3. How many cases are usually on Callahan's final exam?
4. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
5. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)