|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the murder suspect whose niece was murdered?
(a) Matthew Davidson.
(b) Arichibald Manning.
(c) Nelson Muncie.
(d) Nathan Mason.
2. What family members does Callahan leave behind?
(a) His parents in Florida and a brother in Mobile.
(b) His parents in California.
(c) His parents in Denver and a sister in Alabama.
(d) A brother and sister in Lafayette.
3. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
(a) Eric East.
(b) David Myers.
(c) Andrew Brown.
(d) Gavin Verheek.
4. How many siblings does Shaw have?
(a) One sister.
(b) Two sisters.
(c) Two brothers.
(d) One brother.
5. What does The President ask Voyles to do with the pelican brief?
(a) Investigate the charges alluded to in the brief.
(b) Forget he ever saw it.
(c) Back off for awhile and chase other suspects.
(d) Burn it.
6. What does Verheek do with Shaw's brief?
(a) He has it sent to Verheek.
(b) He has it sent to Voyles.
(c) He has it sent to Coal.
(d) He has it sent to East.
7. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
(a) Callhan braids Shaw's hair.
(b) Eating popcorn in bed.
(c) Eating pizza with pineapple.
(d) Callahan paints Shaw's toenails.
8. What interest group does Rosenberg favor?
9. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
(a) The President's limousine.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A debate.
10. How does Coal monitor meetings with the President that he does not attend?
(a) Closed-circuit cameras and audio in his office.
(b) A video recorder in the Oval Office.
(c) Two-way mirror.
(d) A tape recorder in the Oval Office.
11. In Chapter 10, how many days did Shaw avoid Callahan while she played detective?
(a) Four days.
(b) A day and a half.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
12. What does the President ask Voyles to provide by 5 p.m. seven days a week until the murders are solved?
(a) A four-page progress report.
(b) A list of suspects.
(c) Two-page progress report.
(d) A memo outlining progress made toward solving the murders.
13. What rumor does Shaw ask Stark to spread?
(a) That Shaw has returned to Denver.
(b) That Shaw has gone to D.C.
(c) That Shaw has returned to Kansas City.
(d) That Shaw is in the hospital.
14. Who calls Grantham after the story about the nominees is published?
(a) A lawyer with information about Rosenberg and Jensen.
(b) A reporter from the Times.
15. Who plays the role of peacemaker when Coal and Voyle argue over the list of candidates to be vetted for the Supreme Court?
(c) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a police officer awaken Grantham at 5:30 a.m.?
2. What password do Luke and Sam/Khamel use when they meet at the pier?
3. Who is claiming responsibility for the bombing of the movie houses?
4. What does Callahan bring Shaw after she has been playing detective for several days?
5. How long was Callahan in private law practice?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)