|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes and takes Shaw away from the scene of the explosion?
(a) Sergeant Rupert.
(b) A police officer wearing cowboy boots.
(c) A woman who was saw the explosion.
(d) A black man who was a bystander.
2. What is the name of the murder suspect whose niece was murdered?
(a) Nathan Mason.
(b) Arichibald Manning.
(c) Nelson Muncie.
(d) Matthew Davidson.
3. What almost killed Rosenberg seven years ago?
(a) A stroke.
(b) A triple by-pass.
(d) A heart attack.
4. What does the President ask Voyles to provide by 5 p.m. seven days a week until the murders are solved?
(a) Two-page progress report.
(b) A memo outlining progress made toward solving the murders.
(c) A four-page progress report.
(d) A list of suspects.
5. How many of the death threats against the Supreme Court Justices are directed toward Rosenberg?
6. Who do Callahan and Verheek think might have leaked the names of possible nominees for the Supreme Court?
(a) The President.
7. Why does it appear that the assault on the movie houses was carefully coordinated?
(a) All the explosions happened at 8 a.m.
(b) The explosions were caused by the same type of explosive devices.
(c) All the explosions happened at 4 a.m.
(d) All the explosions happened at midnight.
8. How did the FBI trace Shaw to the Marriott?
(a) Verheek told them how to find her.
(b) Using her cell phone.
(c) Credit cards.
(d) Agents followed her.
9. As described in the beginning of the book, how many death threats against Supreme Court justices has the FBI logged in the past sixty days?
(a) Over one hundred.
(c) Over two hundred.
(d) Almost five hundred.
10. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
(a) Eating pizza with pineapple.
(b) Eating popcorn in bed.
(c) Callahan paints Shaw's toenails.
(d) Callhan braids Shaw's hair.
11. What family members does Callahan leave behind?
(a) His parents in Denver and a sister in Alabama.
(b) A brother and sister in Lafayette.
(c) His parents in California.
(d) His parents in Florida and a brother in Mobile.
12. What does Callahan give Verheek?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A picture of him and Shaw.
(c) A brief that Shaw wrote.
(d) A picture of the two of them from law school.
13. Who is Rosenberg's senior law clerk?
(a) Jason Kline.
(b) James Kelsey.
(c) Robert Kelvin.
(d) Jefferson Kauffman.
14. What is Coal's job title?
(a) White House Chief of Staff.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) Speech writer.
(d) Director of the FBI.
15. Who is one of the most popular professors at Tulane?
(a) David Caanan.
(b) Theodore Canton.
(c) Thomas Callahan.
(d) Timothy Whitfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Garcia call from the first time he contacts Grantham?
2. Why does a police officer awaken Grantham at 5:30 a.m.?
3. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
4. What does the nurse read to Rosenberg until he falls asleep?
5. Who calls Grantham after the story about the nominees is published?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)