|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times might the President change clothes between breakfast and dinner?
2. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
(a) David Myers.
(b) Gavin Verheek.
(c) Eric East.
(d) Andrew Brown.
3. How many of the death threats against the Supreme Court Justices are directed toward Rosenberg?
4. How many hours does the FBI director want Verheek to work until the murders are solved?
(a) No less than a hundred hours.
(b) At least sixty hours.
(c) Ninety hours.
(d) FIfty hours.
5. What two justices refuse to allow FBI agents inside their homes?
(a) Jensen and Manning.
(b) Rosenberg and Jensen.
(c) Thurow and Jensen.
(d) Rosenberg and Runyan.
6. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
(a) A debate.
(b) The President's limousine.
(c) A demonstration.
7. Why is Suspect Number Six on the list of possible suspects for the murders of the justices?
(a) Because his niece was murdered.
(b) Because his son was murdered.
(c) Because his wife was murdered.
(d) Because he has declared war on homosexuals.
8. What does Coal say when the President does not agree with Coal's choice of clothing for the press conference?
(a) "It is the right image to project at this time."
(b) "You won't be sorry."
(c) "Trust me."
(d) "It is very important to dress this way."
9. Who always sets up Grantham's meetings with Sarge?
(a) Grantham's editor at the Post.
(b) Sarge's daughter.
(c) Grantham's secretary.
10. What does Verheek do with Shaw's brief?
(a) He has it sent to Coal.
(b) He has it sent to East.
(c) He has it sent to Voyles.
(d) He has it sent to Verheek.
11. Who calls Grantham after the story about the nominees is published?
(a) A lawyer with information about Rosenberg and Jensen.
(b) A reporter from the Times.
12. What does Callahan bring Shaw after she has been playing detective for several days?
(b) Pizza and wine.
(c) Beer and sub sandwiches.
(d) Chinese takeout.
13. Who reports to the President and Coal after the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen?
(a) Voyles and Gminski.
(b) East and Kline.
(c) Manning and Jenson.
(d) McDowell and Runyan.
14. Where is Jensen killed?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) On the street.
(c) In an underground parking lot.
(d) Montrose Theatre.
15. Where have Luke and Khamel met before?
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
2. What interest group does Rosenberg favor?
3. How many majority opinions had Jensen written in his six years on the Supreme Court?
4. Why were Shaw and Callahan arguing in at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What family members does Callahan leave behind?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)