|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Shaw's major for her undergraduate degree?
2. What interest group does Rosenberg favor?
3. What rumor does Shaw ask Stark to spread?
(a) That Shaw has returned to Kansas City.
(b) That Shaw has returned to Denver.
(c) That Shaw is in the hospital.
(d) That Shaw has gone to D.C.
4. Who is the youngest Supreme Court justice at the beginning of the novel?
5. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
(a) Eating popcorn in bed.
(b) Callhan braids Shaw's hair.
(c) Callahan paints Shaw's toenails.
(d) Eating pizza with pineapple.
6. Which government agency is watching Shaw?
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) Justice Department.
7. What does Coal say when the President does not agree with Coal's choice of clothing for the press conference?
(a) "It is the right image to project at this time."
(b) "You won't be sorry."
(c) "Trust me."
(d) "It is very important to dress this way."
8. Who is the President's speech writer?
9. Why are three dirty movie business removed from the list of places to be bombed?
(a) They are open all night.
(b) A membership is required to enter these businesses.
(c) They will be empty all night.
(d) The group cannot gain access to these businesses.
10. How many times might the President change clothes between breakfast and dinner?
11. What friend does Shaw decide to call?
(a) Mandy Smithson.
(b) Rebecca Chin.
(c) Andrea Miller.
(d) Alice Stark.
12. What information do the French provide that may be useful for the murder investigation?
(a) The assassin Luke was seen leaving Dulles Airport.
(b) The terrorist Khamel was spotted in Rome.
(c) The terrorist Khamel was spotted in Paris.
(d) The terrorist Khamel was spotted in London.
13. In Chapter 4, why does Coal awake the President at 4:30 a.m.?
(a) To inform him that Rosenberg and Jensen have been murdered.
(b) To tell him an embassy has been bombed.
(c) To tell him his wife is injured.
(d) To tell him an intruder is on the White House grounds.
14. How does Coal monitor meetings with the President that he does not attend?
(a) Two-way mirror.
(b) A video recorder in the Oval Office.
(c) A tape recorder in the Oval Office.
(d) Closed-circuit cameras and audio in his office.
15. Why were Shaw and Callahan arguing in at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) She wanted him to quit canceling classes.
(b) He wanted her to come back to his apartment.
(c) She wanted to eat at a different restaurant.
(d) They were arguing about Callahan's drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Callahan drove his Porsche?
2. How many hours does the FBI director want Verheek to work until the murders are solved?
3. How long will it take Voyles to have the names of the candidates for the Supreme Court checked?
4. Who is one of the most popular professors at Tulane?
5. Why does Shaw go to the federal building in Lafayette?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)