|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Smith Keen?
(a) A reporter at the Post.
(b) Assistant managing editor/investigations for the Post.
(c) Managing editor at the Post.
(d) A lawyer for the Post.
2. What almost killed Rosenberg seven years ago?
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A triple by-pass.
(d) A stroke.
3. How much will Khamel receive for the assassinations of Rosenberg and Jensen?
(a) $5 million.
(b) $10 million.
(c) $8 million.
(d) $3 million.
4. What does Verheek do with Shaw's brief?
(a) He has it sent to Voyles.
(b) He has it sent to Verheek.
(c) He has it sent to East.
(d) He has it sent to Coal.
5. What does the President ask Voyles to provide by 5 p.m. seven days a week until the murders are solved?
(a) Two-page progress report.
(b) A four-page progress report.
(c) A memo outlining progress made toward solving the murders.
(d) A list of suspects.
6. How long will it take Voyles to have the names of the candidates for the Supreme Court checked?
(a) Many months.
(b) A month.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two weeks.
7. What does Callahan bring Shaw after she has been playing detective for several days?
(b) Beer and sub sandwiches.
(c) Chinese takeout.
(d) Pizza and wine.
8. What happened when Callahan drove his Porsche?
(a) He was arrested for drunk driving.
(b) He hit a parked car.
(c) It exploded.
(d) He ran it into a ditch.
9. What was Shaw's major for her undergraduate degree?
10. Who is the President's speech writer?
11. How does Coal monitor meetings with the President that he does not attend?
(a) Two-way mirror.
(b) A video recorder in the Oval Office.
(c) A tape recorder in the Oval Office.
(d) Closed-circuit cameras and audio in his office.
12. From where does Garcia call when he contacts Grantham for a second time?
(a) A pay phone near the Pentagon.
(b) A pay phone a block from the Post.
(d) Pennsylvania Avenue near the Justice Department.
13. What information do the French provide that may be useful for the murder investigation?
(a) The assassin Luke was seen leaving Dulles Airport.
(b) The terrorist Khamel was spotted in London.
(c) The terrorist Khamel was spotted in Rome.
(d) The terrorist Khamel was spotted in Paris.
14. What interest group does Rosenberg favor?
15. Who has Voyles picked to lead the murder investigation?
(b) K. O. Lewis.
(d) Eric East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan give Verheek?
2. Who does Shaw call right after the explosion?
3. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
4. What is Coal's job title?
5. How many dirty movie businesses are schedule to receive explosive devices?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)