|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family members does Callahan leave behind?
(a) His parents in Denver and a sister in Alabama.
(b) His parents in California.
(c) A brother and sister in Lafayette.
(d) His parents in Florida and a brother in Mobile.
2. Who is one of the most popular professors at Tulane?
(a) David Caanan.
(b) Theodore Canton.
(c) Timothy Whitfield.
(d) Thomas Callahan.
3. Who calls Grantham after the story about the nominees is published?
(c) A lawyer with information about Rosenberg and Jensen.
(d) A reporter from the Times.
4. What almost killed Rosenberg seven years ago?
(a) A stroke.
(c) A triple by-pass.
(d) A heart attack.
5. Who is Smith Keen?
(a) A reporter at the Post.
(b) Managing editor at the Post.
(c) A lawyer for the Post.
(d) Assistant managing editor/investigations for the Post.
6. What does the President ask Voyles to provide by 5 p.m. seven days a week until the murders are solved?
(a) Two-page progress report.
(b) A four-page progress report.
(c) A memo outlining progress made toward solving the murders.
(d) A list of suspects.
7. What password do Luke and Sam/Khamel use when they meet at the pier?
(a) Lucky Strike.
8. Who is the youngest Supreme Court justice at the beginning of the novel?
9. Who does Khamel meet at the Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown?
(a) Luke Davidson.
(b) Edwin Sneller.
(c) Brian Caldwell.
(d) Andrew Stein.
10. How many siblings does Shaw have?
(a) Two brothers.
(b) Two sisters.
(c) One sister.
(d) One brother.
11. What is the name of Rosenberg's male nurse?
12. Which Justice wants to use the law clerks to put together a list of murder suspects?
(a) Justice Runyan.
(b) Justice McDowell.
(c) Justice Thurow.
(d) Justice Manning.
13. What does Callahan give Verheek?
(a) A picture of him and Shaw.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A brief that Shaw wrote.
(d) A picture of the two of them from law school.
14. Where did Sergeant Rupert take Shaw?
(a) To an unmarked police car.
(b) To a church.
(c) To a cafe.
(d) To the hospital.
15. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
(a) Andrew Brown.
(b) Eric East.
(c) Gavin Verheek.
(d) David Myers.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what medical condition is Justice Jensen being treated?
2. Where is Callahan going to attend a conference?
3. Who has Voyles picked to lead the murder investigation?
4. Where is Grantham supposed to meet Sarge?
5. What does The President ask Voyles to do with the pelican brief?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)