|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Garcia call when he contacts Grantham for a second time?
(b) A pay phone a block from the Post.
(c) A pay phone near the Pentagon.
(d) Pennsylvania Avenue near the Justice Department.
2. Who reports to the President and Coal after the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen?
(a) Voyles and Gminski.
(b) East and Kline.
(c) Manning and Jenson.
(d) McDowell and Runyan.
3. How long was Callahan in private law practice?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Eight years.
4. What reason does Verheek give Callahan that could explain why Jensen and Rosenberg were killed?
(a) They were stupid and they were exposed.
(b) They irritated a right-wing group.
(c) They irritated the Aryan Brotherhood.
(d) A decision that was made angered the White Supremacists.
5. Who is the President's speech writer?
6. How long was Rosenberg on the Supreme Court?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Thirty-four years.
7. How many majority opinions had Jensen written in his six years on the Supreme Court?
(a) Several hundred.
(c) One hundred twelve.
8. What happened when Callahan drove his Porsche?
(a) He ran it into a ditch.
(b) It exploded.
(c) He was arrested for drunk driving.
(d) He hit a parked car.
9. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
(b) A debate.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) The President's limousine.
10. What is the name of the murder suspect whose niece was murdered?
(a) Nelson Muncie.
(b) Arichibald Manning.
(c) Nathan Mason.
(d) Matthew Davidson.
11. What does the nurse read to Rosenberg until he falls asleep?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) A biography.
(c) A brief.
(d) The daily paper.
12. Why are three dirty movie business removed from the list of places to be bombed?
(a) The group cannot gain access to these businesses.
(b) They are open all night.
(c) A membership is required to enter these businesses.
(d) They will be empty all night.
13. Who always sets up Grantham's meetings with Sarge?
(a) Grantham's editor at the Post.
(c) Sarge's daughter.
(d) Grantham's secretary.
14. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
(a) Gavin Verheek.
(b) David Myers.
(c) Andrew Brown.
(d) Eric East.
15. How many times might the President change clothes between breakfast and dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is claiming responsibility for the bombing of the movie houses?
2. As described in the beginning of the book, how many death threats against Supreme Court justices has the FBI logged in the past sixty days?
3. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
4. What was Shaw's major for her undergraduate degree?
5. How long will it take Voyles to have the names of the candidates for the Supreme Court checked?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)