|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the most popular professors at Tulane?
(a) Timothy Whitfield.
(b) Theodore Canton.
(c) Thomas Callahan.
(d) David Caanan.
2. What information does Sarge provide Grantham when they meet?
(a) A confidential memo.
(b) Names of suspects who may have murdered the justices.
(c) Names of two possible nominees for the Supreme Court.
(d) All the names of the possible nominees for the Supreme Court.
3. What is the name of the murder suspect whose niece was murdered?
(a) Nathan Mason.
(b) Matthew Davidson.
(c) Arichibald Manning.
(d) Nelson Muncie.
4. In Chapter 4, why does Coal awake the President at 4:30 a.m.?
(a) To inform him that Rosenberg and Jensen have been murdered.
(b) To tell him his wife is injured.
(c) To tell him an embassy has been bombed.
(d) To tell him an intruder is on the White House grounds.
5. As described in the beginning of the book, how many death threats against Supreme Court justices has the FBI logged in the past sixty days?
(a) Almost five hundred.
(c) Over two hundred.
(d) Over one hundred.
6. Who comes and takes Shaw away from the scene of the explosion?
(a) Sergeant Rupert.
(b) A black man who was a bystander.
(c) A woman who was saw the explosion.
(d) A police officer wearing cowboy boots.
7. Where have Luke and Khamel met before?
(d) New York City.
8. How long was Rosenberg on the Supreme Court?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Thirty-four years.
(d) Six years.
9. Where do White House phantom memos originate?
(a) From Sarge.
(b) From the President.
(c) From Coal.
(d) From the Press Secretary.
10. How many times might the President change clothes between breakfast and dinner?
11. How many siblings does Shaw have?
(a) Two brothers.
(b) One sister.
(c) One brother.
(d) Two sisters.
12. From where does Garcia call when he contacts Grantham for a second time?
(a) A pay phone near the Pentagon.
(b) Pennsylvania Avenue near the Justice Department.
(d) A pay phone a block from the Post.
13. How long will it take Voyles to have the names of the candidates for the Supreme Court checked?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Many months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
14. What was Shaw's major for her undergraduate degree?
15. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
(a) A demonstration.
(c) A debate.
(d) The President's limousine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Shaw decide to call?
2. Where is Callahan going to attend a conference?
3. In Chapter 1, what nasty case has been assigned to Jensen?
4. What password do Luke and Sam/Khamel use when they meet at the pier?
5. What does Cleve give Grantham from Sarge?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)