|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Coal awake the President at 4:30 a.m.?
(a) To inform him that Rosenberg and Jensen have been murdered.
(b) To tell him his wife is injured.
(c) To tell him an intruder is on the White House grounds.
(d) To tell him an embassy has been bombed.
2. Who reports to the President and Coal after the murders of Rosenberg and Jensen?
(a) East and Kline.
(b) Voyles and Gminski.
(c) McDowell and Runyan.
(d) Manning and Jenson.
3. How long will it take Voyles to have the names of the candidates for the Supreme Court checked?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Many months.
4. What almost killed Rosenberg seven years ago?
(a) A stroke.
(b) A triple by-pass.
(c) A heart attack.
5. What does Cleve give Grantham from Sarge?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A White House memo.
(c) A telephone number.
(d) A tape.
6. At the time of the murders, what group has been in the D.C. area for a week?
(a) A gay rights group.
(c) Underground Army.
(d) A lesbian rights group.
7. What information does Sarge provide Grantham when they meet?
(a) Names of suspects who may have murdered the justices.
(b) All the names of the possible nominees for the Supreme Court.
(c) A confidential memo.
(d) Names of two possible nominees for the Supreme Court.
8. How did the FBI trace Shaw to the Marriott?
(a) Agents followed her.
(b) Credit cards.
(c) Verheek told them how to find her.
(d) Using her cell phone.
9. Where do White House phantom memos originate?
(a) From the President.
(b) From Coal.
(c) From Sarge.
(d) From the Press Secretary.
10. What ritual have Callahan and Shaw borrowed from the movie "Bull Durham"?
(a) Eating pizza with pineapple.
(b) Callahan paints Shaw's toenails.
(c) Eating popcorn in bed.
(d) Callhan braids Shaw's hair.
11. What is the specialty of the group that is bombing dirty movie businesses?
(a) Demolition of structures used by the enemy.
(b) Bombing building when they are filled with people.
(c) Torturing doctors.
(d) Killing individuals.
12. For what medical condition is Justice Jensen being treated?
(a) A heart ailment.
(b) Cystic fibrosis.
13. What does the nurse read to Rosenberg until he falls asleep?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) A brief.
(c) A biography.
(d) The daily paper.
14. How does Coal monitor meetings with the President that he does not attend?
(a) Closed-circuit cameras and audio in his office.
(b) A video recorder in the Oval Office.
(c) A tape recorder in the Oval Office.
(d) Two-way mirror.
15. Which government agency is watching Shaw?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) Justice Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which justice is afraid of his own shadow?
2. What does Coal want the President to wear when he announces the murders on a press conference?
3. From where does Garcia call from the first time he contacts Grantham?
4. Why does Shaw go to the federal building in Lafayette?
5. Who is one of the most popular professors at Tulane?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)