|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan give Verheek?
(a) A brief that Shaw wrote.
(b) A picture of the two of them from law school.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A picture of him and Shaw.
2. From where does Garcia call from the first time he contacts Grantham?
(a) A law office in Georgetown.
(b) A pay phone on Dupont Circle.
(c) A pay phone near a popular Georgetown restaurant.
(d) A pay phone on 15th St. in Pentagon City.
3. Who does Shaw call right after the explosion?
(b) Her best friend.
(d) Callahan's parents.
4. What information do the French provide that may be useful for the murder investigation?
(a) The assassin Luke was seen leaving Dulles Airport.
(b) The terrorist Khamel was spotted in London.
(c) The terrorist Khamel was spotted in Paris.
(d) The terrorist Khamel was spotted in Rome.
5. What rumor does Shaw ask Stark to spread?
(a) That Shaw is in the hospital.
(b) That Shaw has returned to Denver.
(c) That Shaw has gone to D.C.
(d) That Shaw has returned to Kansas City.
6. What is the specialty of the group that is bombing dirty movie businesses?
(a) Demolition of structures used by the enemy.
(b) Killing individuals.
(c) Torturing doctors.
(d) Bombing building when they are filled with people.
7. Which Justice wants to use the law clerks to put together a list of murder suspects?
(a) Justice Manning.
(b) Justice Thurow.
(c) Justice McDowell.
(d) Justice Runyan.
8. How many siblings does Shaw have?
(a) Two brothers.
(b) One brother.
(c) One sister.
(d) Two sisters.
9. Who is the President's speech writer?
10. Who is the youngest Supreme Court justice at the beginning of the novel?
11. Why does Shaw go to the federal building in Lafayette?
(a) To talk to a friend.
(b) To file a subpoena.
(c) To look at files from a trial.
(d) To look at property deeds.
12. Where is Callahan going to attend a conference?
(d) New Orleans.
13. Who is number six on the suspect list that Voyles has compiled?
(a) Nelson Muncie.
(b) White Resistance.
(c) Aryan Brotherhood.
(d) Clinton Lane.
14. What happened when Callahan drove his Porsche?
(a) It exploded.
(b) He hit a parked car.
(c) He ran it into a ditch.
(d) He was arrested for drunk driving.
15. What is Coal's job title?
(a) Director of the FBI.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) Speech writer.
(d) White House Chief of Staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Coal awake the President at 4:30 a.m.?
2. Where is Grantham supposed to meet Sarge?
3. Who does Croft photograph?
4. Which government agency is watching Shaw?
5. Where have Luke and Khamel met before?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)