|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
(a) David Myers.
(b) Eric East.
(c) Andrew Brown.
(d) Gavin Verheek.
2. Who calls Grantham after the story about the nominees is published?
(a) A reporter from the Times.
(b) A lawyer with information about Rosenberg and Jensen.
3. Who had Jensen been dating?
(a) A law clerk.
(b) A high school sweetheart.
(c) An aerobics instructor.
(d) A D.C. lawyer.
4. At the time of the murders, what group has been in the D.C. area for a week?
(a) A lesbian rights group.
(b) A gay rights group.
(c) Underground Army.
5. For what medical condition is Justice Jensen being treated?
(c) A heart ailment.
(d) Cystic fibrosis.
6. What interest group does Rosenberg favor?
7. How long was Rosenberg on the Supreme Court?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Thirty-four years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Six years.
8. Who is one of the most popular professors at Tulane?
(a) Thomas Callahan.
(b) David Caanan.
(c) Theodore Canton.
(d) Timothy Whitfield.
9. How many times might the President change clothes between breakfast and dinner?
10. In Chapter 10, how many days did Shaw avoid Callahan while she played detective?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A day and a half.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
11. What is Coal's job title?
(a) Director of the FBI.
(b) White House Chief of Staff.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) Speech writer.
12. What is the specialty of the group that is bombing dirty movie businesses?
(a) Demolition of structures used by the enemy.
(b) Killing individuals.
(c) Torturing doctors.
(d) Bombing building when they are filled with people.
13. What is Rosenberg watching with his law clerk as the novel begins?
(a) A demonstration.
(b) The President's limousine.
(c) A debate.
14. Where is Grantham supposed to meet Sarge?
(a) Morning Cafe.
(c) Greenwich Cafe.
15. In Chapter 4, why does Coal awake the President at 4:30 a.m.?
(a) To tell him an embassy has been bombed.
(b) To tell him his wife is injured.
(c) To tell him an intruder is on the White House grounds.
(d) To inform him that Rosenberg and Jensen have been murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verheek do with Shaw's brief?
2. What friend does Shaw decide to call?
3. What does Callahan bring Shaw after she has been playing detective for several days?
4. How many of the death threats against the Supreme Court Justices are directed toward Rosenberg?
5. What rumor does Shaw ask Stark to spread?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)