|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Shaw does to disguise herself?
(a) Buys different clothing.
(b) Changes her makeup.
(c) Uses contact lenses to change her eye color.
(d) Cuts and dyes her hair.
2. Why is Suspect Number Six on the list of possible suspects for the murders of the justices?
(a) Because his son was murdered.
(b) Because his wife was murdered.
(c) Because he has declared war on homosexuals.
(d) Because his niece was murdered.
3. What does Coal say when the President does not agree with Coal's choice of clothing for the press conference?
(a) "It is the right image to project at this time."
(b) "It is very important to dress this way."
(c) "You won't be sorry."
(d) "Trust me."
4. What two justices refuse to allow FBI agents inside their homes?
(a) Rosenberg and Runyan.
(b) Jensen and Manning.
(c) Thurow and Jensen.
(d) Rosenberg and Jensen.
5. Why were Shaw and Callahan arguing in at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) They were arguing about Callahan's drinking.
(b) She wanted to eat at a different restaurant.
(c) She wanted him to quit canceling classes.
(d) He wanted her to come back to his apartment.
6. How many majority opinions had Jensen written in his six years on the Supreme Court?
(a) Several hundred.
(b) One hundred twelve.
7. Where do White House phantom memos originate?
(a) From the Press Secretary.
(b) From the President.
(c) From Sarge.
(d) From Coal.
8. What information does Sarge provide Grantham when they meet?
(a) A confidential memo.
(b) Names of two possible nominees for the Supreme Court.
(c) Names of suspects who may have murdered the justices.
(d) All the names of the possible nominees for the Supreme Court.
9. What does The President ask Voyles to do with the pelican brief?
(a) Back off for awhile and chase other suspects.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Forget he ever saw it.
(d) Investigate the charges alluded to in the brief.
10. Which justice is afraid of his own shadow?
(a) Justice Jensen.
(b) Justice Manning.
(c) Justice Rosenberg.
(d) Justice Runyan.
11. Which one of Callahan's friends is special counsel to the Director of the FBI?
(a) Eric East.
(b) Andrew Brown.
(c) Gavin Verheek.
(d) David Myers.
12. Who is one of the most popular professors at Tulane?
(a) Timothy Whitfield.
(b) David Caanan.
(c) Theodore Canton.
(d) Thomas Callahan.
13. Why does a police officer awaken Grantham at 5:30 a.m.?
(a) The officer is a friend of Grantham.
(b) Grantham's car is about to be towed.
(c) The officer wants to search Grantham's apartment.
(d) Sarge wants to talk with him.
14. Where did Sergeant Rupert take Shaw?
(a) To a cafe.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To an unmarked police car.
(d) To a church.
15. Who does Shaw call right after the explosion?
(b) Her best friend.
(d) Callahan's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Luke and Khamel met before?
2. What does the President ask Voyles to provide by 5 p.m. seven days a week until the murders are solved?
3. What is the name of the murder suspect whose niece was murdered?
4. At the time of the murders, what group has been in the D.C. area for a week?
5. Why does it appear that the assault on the movie houses was carefully coordinated?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)