|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Friere think that a specific form of education is a contradiction?
2. What is a ‘Limit Situation’?
3. What does Friere think is the difference between humans and other animals?
4. Why does Friere disagree with Banking Education?
5. What does Friere mean by ‘Conscientization’?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Limit Situation?
2. Who is the educator working in partnership with?
3. How is objective truth treated in Friere's system of education?
4. How can we describe Friere's thought as a continuation of Hegel's system of philosophy?
5. What does Friere call traditional education?
6. What does Friere call his own pedagogy of education?
7. What is an Untested Feasibility?
8. What is a Subject in Friere’s analysis?
9. What is a Generative Theme?
10. What is an Epochal Unit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With reference to the text, what is Gabriel Bodes' theory of didactic materials and how does he believe that they should be used? Come up with examples of your own to show this theory.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the figure of Che Guevara to Friere's argument, and how he exemplifies (or doesn't) Friere's ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the figure of Tiradentes to Friere's work.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)