|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Friere say the Banking Education needs?
2. What characterizes an Epochal Unit?
3. How does a dialogue help the students, according to Friere?
4. How does the educator use Themes and Epochal Units?
5. Why, according to Friere, do oppressive regimes maintain untested feasibilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an Epochal Unit?
2. Who was Gabriel Bode?
3. What does Friere call his own pedagogy of education?
4. What is a Limit Act?
5. What is an Untested Feasibility?
6. What role does the educator have in Friere's system of education?
7. What does Friere call traditional education?
8. Why does Friere see traditional education similar to an economic system?
9. How can we describe Friere's thought as a continuation of Hegel's system of philosophy?
10. Why does Friere believe it is important to ally oneself with the poor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freire describes oppression as "violence." Is societal oppression based on historical and economic factors violence? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Friere's idea of the Generative and the Thematic Universe. How does it work, according to Friere, and what would be good examples of this in today’s society?
Essay Topic 3
Is Friere's pedagogy overtly dualistic? If so, what are the negative consequences of black and white thinking?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)