|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Friere, does an Untested Feasibility lead to Fear of Freedom?
2. In what sort of society do we find a Limit Situation?
3. How should didactic material be used, according to Friere?
4. How does a dialogue help the students, according to Friere?
5. What does Friere think is the difference between humans and other animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Friere believe it is important to ally oneself with the poor?
2. Who is the educator working in partnership with?
3. What does Friere believe the educator must encourage the Subject to do?
4. How does Friere's system challenge oppression?
5. What is the Thematic Universe?
6. What is an Epochal Unit?
7. How is objective truth treated in Friere's system of education?
8. How does the educator use the idea of a Thematic Universe?
9. What does Friere call his own pedagogy of education?
10. What is a Limit Act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Freire influenced by Marxist philosophy?
Essay Topic 2
What is a pedagogy? Discuss the different types of pedagogy talked about by Friere in this book.
Essay Topic 3
Is there a connection between revolution and social justice, dignity and rights? If so, highlight this connection. Analyze Friere's system to see what links or differences can be found.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)