|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Karl Marx?
2. What is a poverty of the mind in this context?
3. What does Friere propose to do to the education system?
4. Who is the author of this book?
5. Who was Paulo Friere?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of critical pedagogy?
2. What does critical thinking lead to, according to Friere?
3. Why does Paulo Friere think that critical thinking is so important?
4. What is Phenomenology?
5. What is a necrophilous personality?
6. What happens when the Culture of Oppression becomes internalized?
7. What is the difference between a revolutionary, a reactionary and a rebel?
8. Who was Erich Fromm?
9. What does Paulo Friere want to change about the education system?
10. Is Friere's revolution a violent one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is revolution the only way to achieve social change? Considering Friere's work in comparison to modern culture, what are the options of unionizing or affecting social change? How would Friere agree or disagree with these efforts?
Essay Topic 2
How is Freire influenced by Marxist philosophy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Friere's idea of the Generative and the Thematic Universe. How does it work, according to Friere, and what would be good examples of this in today’s society?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)