|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Karl Marx?
2. What is phenomenology?
3. Who was Paulo Friere?
4. What does Friere state unapologetically that his position is?
5. What point of view is this book written from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Culture of Oppression?
2. What happens when the Culture of Oppression becomes internalized?
3. How do the Oppressors characterize the Oppressed?
4. Who was Paulo Friere?
5. What is the purpose of critical pedagogy?
6. What is the Fear of Freedom?
7. What is the humanizing process?
8. Who was Erich Fromm?
9. What is a pedagogy?
10. What is Phenomenology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a pedagogy? Discuss the different types of pedagogy talked about by Friere in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Is it possible to educate oppressed people living in poverty to give them a critical awareness of their own situation?
Essay Topic 3
Why was it important to Friere that the revolutionary leader come from the margins or even outside of the system that they are trying to overthrow?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)