|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is pedagogy transmitted to the next generation, according to the author?
2. What does it mean to be one of the oppressed?
3. Who was Eric Fromm?
4. What is propositional thinking?
5. Who was Paulo Friere?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Oppressors characterize the Oppressed?
2. What is the difference between a revolutionary, a reactionary and a rebel?
3. What is the purpose of critical pedagogy?
4. What does Paulo Friere want to change about the education system?
5. What does critical thinking lead to, according to Friere?
6. Is Friere's revolution a violent one?
7. What is a pedagogy?
8. Which thinker came up with the term necrophilous?
9. Why does Paulo Friere think that critical thinking is so important?
10. What is the Culture of Oppression?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Friere's idea of the Generative and the Thematic Universe. How does it work, according to Friere, and what would be good examples of this in today’s society?
Essay Topic 2
What is a pedagogy? Discuss the different types of pedagogy talked about by Friere in this book.
Essay Topic 3
Freire describes oppression as "violence." Is societal oppression based on historical and economic factors violence? Why or why not?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)