|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of the Preface?
2. Why does Frier use the example of Mr. Giddy?
3. What point of view is this book written from?
4. What is the goal of critical consciousness?
5. Who or what is the 'ruling elite'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paulo Friere think that critical thinking is so important?
2. How can we oppose oppressive pedagogies?
3. What does Paulo Friere want to change about the education system?
4. Who was Erich Fromm?
5. What does critical thinking lead to, according to Friere?
6. How do the Oppressors characterize the Oppressed?
7. What is the purpose of critical pedagogy?
8. What happens when the Culture of Oppression becomes internalized?
9. Which thinker came up with the term necrophilous?
10. What is Phenomenology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the figure of Che Guevara to Friere's argument, and how he exemplifies (or doesn't) Friere's ideas.
Essay Topic 2
How is Freire influenced by Marxist philosophy?
Essay Topic 3
Why was it important to Friere that the revolutionary leader come from the margins or even outside of the system that they are trying to overthrow?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)