|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs when the culture of oppression becomes internalized?
2. Who does Friere explain is dehumanized through the Oppression and Oppressed relationship?
3. What is a 'culture of oppression' according to Friere?
4. What is a revolutionary?
5. What is a poverty of the mind in this context?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Oppressors characterize the Oppressed?
2. What is the humanizing process?
3. What is the Fear of Freedom?
4. What is a necrophilous personality?
5. What is the difference between a revolutionary, a reactionary and a rebel?
6. Is Friere's revolution a violent one?
7. Which thinker came up with the term necrophilous?
8. Who was Paulo Friere?
9. What does it mean to be humanized?
10. What is Phenomenology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How could Freire's pedagogy for the oppressed be applied in an inner-city classroom? Can the pedagogy be adapted to public school classrooms (typically institutions of oppression, according to Freire)?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Friere's idea of Epochal Units. Is this a simplistic way of looking at cultural history or do you believe it to be accurate? Cite your societies own Epochal Units.
Essay Topic 3
With reference to Friere's work, what does dialogical and anti-dialogical mean? How do the opposing sides of the Oppressors and the Oppressed use these techniques?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)