|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a ‘Limit Act’?
(a) Any action that the subject makes.
(b) An action that the subject freely chooses to make.
(c) An action that the subject is forced to make because of oppression.
(d) An action the subject makes subconsciously.
2. What future negative aspects does the Banking Education promote, according to Friere?
(a) Banking education teaches prejudice.
(b) Banking education teaches violence.
(c) Banking education teaches students to be cruel and tough.
(d) That a student, worker or citizen only has worth because of their training or job etc.
3. How does Friere's problem-solving education promote equality?
(a) Students are paid for their time at school.
(b) Students are allowed to speak when spoken to.
(c) It treats the students with respect.
(d) It gives students rights.
4. What is an ‘Epochal Unit’?
(a) A phase in prehistory.
(b) A type of rock.
(c) A discussion of the future.
(d) A phase in history.
5. How does a dialogue help the students, according to Friere?
(a) It encourages their vocal skills.
(b) By asking them to think about their problem and think up new ways to deal with it.
(c) It teaches them how to agree with the political party.
(d) It allows them to see the sense of the teacher's views.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the term 'didactic' mean?
2. What does Friere call this system of oppressive education?
3. What is 'didactic material?'
4. What is a ‘Generative Theme’?
5. How does Friere use the term ‘contradiction’?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Friere call his own pedagogy of education?
2. What is a Limit Situation?
3. What is an Untested Feasibility?
4. What is a Subject in Friere’s analysis?
5. How can we describe Friere's thought as a continuation of Hegel's system of philosophy?
6. Why does Friere believe it is important to ally oneself with the poor?
7. What role does the educator have in Friere's system of education?
8. Who was Gabriel Bode?
9. What is an Epochal Unit?
10. How does the educator use the idea of a Thematic Universe?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)