|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the educator use Themes and Epochal Units?
(a) He recognizes them and encourages students to do the same.
(b) He tells the students which one is right or wrong.
(c) He tries to ignore them.
(d) He tells the students when to avoid them.
2. What is 'didactic material?'
(a) Religious material.
(b) Materials such as media, articles and pictures that encourage debate.
(c) Material that is exceedingly provoking.
(d) Material that is offensive.
3. What does Friere call this system of oppressive education?
(a) Problem-Solving Education.
(b) Military Education.
(c) Problem-Posing Education.
(d) Banking Education.
4. What issues does Friere believe the educator should be looking at?
(a) Ones on his syllabus.
(b) Ones that interest his society.
(c) Ones that face the local people.
(d) Ones that interest him.
5. What is a ‘Generative Theme’?
(a) A type of teaching practice.
(b) A theme that is important to a culture.
(c) On having many questions at once.
(d) A theme that is only important to oneself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Friere's problem-solving education promote equality?
2. How does Friere use the term ‘Subject’ in his book?
3. What sort of education does Friere suggest would be a viable alternative to Banking Education?
4. In what sort of society do we find a Limit Situation?
5. In Friere's system, what is the educator's relationship to the oppressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Friere believe the educator must encourage the Subject to do?
2. What does Friere call his own pedagogy of education?
3. Who is the educator working in partnership with?
4. What is the Thematic Universe?
5. What is a Subject in Friere’s analysis?
6. Why does Friere see traditional education similar to an economic system?
7. What is a Limit Situation?
8. What is a Limit Act?
9. What does Friere call traditional education?
10. What is a Generative Theme?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)