|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Middle Classes?
(a) Those who have to work for the rest of society.
(b) The moderately comfortable in terms of employment, security and healthcare.
(c) Those in charge of the rest of society.
(d) Those who have no work and no hope of gaining any.
2. What, in the author’s estimation, is a critical consciousness?
(a) A form of mental illness.
(b) The ability to question everything rationally.
(c) A mind that never questions anything.
(d) A very important individual.
3. What is phenomenology?
(a) The study of the hands.
(b) The study of thought and thinking.
(c) The study of the head.
(d) The study of other cultures.
4. What did Bode discuss about students that he observed?
(a) They were interested in everything he had to say.
(b) They were bored most of the time.
(c) That they were necessarily interested in themselves and their situation unless they can link it to something else.
(d) They were revolutionary.
5. Why, does Friere say, oppression is dehumanizing?
(a) Because the oppressed are not treated as individuals any more.
(b) It doesn't mean to be.
(c) Because it has to be.
(d) Because oppression cannot manage many people at one time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Lower Classes?
2. How must the problem in Friere's system be presented to the student?
3. Why does Frier use the example of Mr. Giddy?
4. What is an Authority figure?
5. What does Friere maintain in the Preface that his readers must be ready for?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)