|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr Giddy's view on education?
(a) The poor should always be educated.
(b) Education is costly.
(c) n is a noble endeavor.
(d) The poor should never be educated.
2. Who was Karl Marx?
(a) A historical industrialist.
(b) A leader of armies.
(c) A Russian Premier.
(d) A political theorist, one of the fathers of Communism.
3. What is a 'culture of oppression' according to Friere?
(a) When entire societal views, media and beliefs that are based around maintaining class structure.
(b) European government.
(c) Televisual society.
(d) American Senate system.
4. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Paulo Friere.
5. What does Friere call this type of active ideology?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which groups in society does Friere believe that the educator should work with especially?
2. How does a dialogue help the students, according to Friere?
3. What symptom makes it obvious to Friere that traditional education is oppressive?
4. What is 'didactic material?'
5. What difference should an ideology make, according to Friere?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)