|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do traditional modes of teaching interfere with the development of a Subject, according to Friere?
(a) Because the subject has to spend their time going to school.
(b) Because the subject has to spend money to go to school.
(c) Because a person has to either be in the right or wrong and, therefore, is not their own Subject.
(d) Because the Subject gets taught lessons they are not interested in.
2. What is Mr Giddy's view on education?
(a) The poor should always be educated.
(b) The poor should never be educated.
(c) n is a noble endeavor.
(d) Education is costly.
3. Why does Friere think that a specific form of education is a contradiction?
(a) It supports the economy.
(b) It doesn't teach, it just imparts.
(c) It doesn't teach, it only punishes.
(d) It supports the military.
4. What did Bode discuss about students that he observed?
(a) They were bored most of the time.
(b) They were revolutionary.
(c) They were interested in everything he had to say.
(d) That they were necessarily interested in themselves and their situation unless they can link it to something else.
5. What does Friere call this type of active ideology?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of the Preface?
2. Why is it important in Friere's estimation to break static reality?
3. What did the philosopher Plato conceive of education as?
4. How important is critical thinking to Friere?
5. Why does Friere believe it is important for an educator to partner with local people?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)