|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does his education then take?
(a) Tailored to each class and individual.
(b) Tailored to each school.
(c) Must be privately funded.
(d) Given to the whole class.
2. Why is solidarity with the oppressed important, according to Friere?
(a) Solidarity allows you to judge their motives.
(b) Solidarity is the only way to understand the situation clearly.
(c) Solidarity helps the teacher manipulate them.
(d) Solidarity helps you fight on their behalf.
3. Who will become freed when the Oppressed rise up?
(a) Both Oppressed and the Oppressors.
(b) The Oppressed.
(c) Only the very poorest.
(d) The Oppressors.
4. What branch of philosophy uses Praxis consistently in its approach, marking Friere as a member this school of thought?
(b) Critical theory.
5. Which social institution supports and continues oppression?
(c) County Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what ways, according to Friere, does the educator have power over the students’ knowledge?
2. What does 'inclusive education' mean?
3. Who are the Middle Classes?
4. What does Friere call this system of oppressive education?
5. Which class did Marx ultimately think would power the revolution?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)