|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Friere's conception of the static reality?
(a) A reality that changes constantly.
(b) A reality created by the truly free.
(c) The type of society created by the ruling Oppressors.
(d) A type of society that predominately uses electricity.
2. What effect does Oppression have on the human spirit, according to Friere?
(a) A form of actualization.
(b) A form of animalization.
(c) A form of conscientization.
(d) A form of maturity.
3. How are philosophy and critical consciousness linked?
(a) Philosophy has a passing relevance to critical consciousness.
(b) It isn't.
(c) Philosophers always encourage critical thinking.
(d) Philosophy helps study principle truths and statements.
4. Why are power structures necessarily bad, according to Friere?
(a) Because those at the top always turn into dictators.
(b) Because they always have the weak at the bottom and the strong at the top.
(c) Because they cost a lot to maintain.
(d) Because those at the bottom express unthinking loyalty.
5. According to Friere, what must the Oppressed first learn to do if they want to be free?
(a) To question for themselves.
(b) To run away.
(c) To subvert the system.
(d) To overthrow their masters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is 'didactic material?'
2. Who was Gabriel Bode?
3. What is the difference between Marxism and Communism?
4. In what way is pedagogy transmitted to the next generation, according to the author?
5. What is propaganda?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)