|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is pedagogy?
(a) A system for oppression.
(b) A system of religious thought.
(c) A philosophy.
(d) A system of educating or training.
2. Why are power structures necessarily bad, according to Friere?
(a) Because those at the bottom express unthinking loyalty.
(b) Because those at the top always turn into dictators.
(c) Because they cost a lot to maintain.
(d) Because they always have the weak at the bottom and the strong at the top.
3. What is 'didactic material?'
(a) Religious material.
(b) Material that is exceedingly provoking.
(c) Materials such as media, articles and pictures that encourage debate.
(d) Material that is offensive.
4. What issues does Friere believe the educator should be looking at?
(a) Ones that face the local people.
(b) Ones that interest him.
(c) Ones on his syllabus.
(d) Ones that interest his society.
5. Who will become freed when the Oppressed rise up?
(a) The Oppressors.
(b) The Oppressed.
(c) Both Oppressed and the Oppressors.
(d) Only the very poorest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his teaching of opposed dualisms, what philosopher is Frier referencing?
2. What future negative aspects does the Banking Education promote, according to Friere?
3. Who was Mr. Giddy?
4. How does the educator use Themes and Epochal Units?
5. Why is solidarity with the oppressed important, according to Friere?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)