|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Friere's conception of the static reality?
(a) A reality created by the truly free.
(b) The type of society created by the ruling Oppressors.
(c) A type of society that predominately uses electricity.
(d) A reality that changes constantly.
2. What, in the author’s estimation, is a critical consciousness?
(a) The ability to question everything rationally.
(b) A form of mental illness.
(c) A mind that never questions anything.
(d) A very important individual.
3. What does 'inclusive education' mean?
(a) No members of society are allowed to be educated.
(b) Most of society is allowed to be educated.
(c) Some members of society are allowed to be educated.
(d) All members of society should be allowed to be educated.
4. Who was Paulo Friere?
(a) A British subvert.
(b) An American academic.
(c) A Russian revolutionary.
(d) A Brazilian teacher, socialist and educator.
5. What does it mean to be an actualized or fully humanized human being, according to Friere?
(a) To follow a particular system of thought.
(b) To possess true freedom of thought.
(c) To be of democratic voting age.
(d) To be enlightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What point of view is this book written from?
2. What did Bode discuss about students that he observed?
3. Who is the author of this book?
4. What sort of education does Friere suggest would be a viable alternative to Banking Education?
5. What is a revolutionary?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)