|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is the 'ruling elite'?
(a) The masses.
(b) A type of fascist government.
(c) A way of governing schools.
(d) The governors of society who also enjoy luxury and freedoms not permitted to the oppressed.
2. Why is dialogue so important to break these oppressive pedagogies?
(a) Because dialogue allows you to shout louder than them.
(b) Because dialogue allows you to plan how to fight back.
(c) Because dialogue encourages critical thinking from one individual to another.
(d) Because dialogue lets them know what you feel about them.
3. What does it mean to be an actualized or fully humanized human being, according to Friere?
(a) To be of democratic voting age.
(b) To possess true freedom of thought.
(c) To be enlightened.
(d) To follow a particular system of thought.
4. What is a critical consciousness?
(a) A high achiever.
(b) A view that questions everything around itself.
(c) An overly suspicious mind.
(d) An overly argumentative person.
5. What point of view is this book written from?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Fourth person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Giddy hold his specific view on education?
2. Which of the following is a form of Limit Act?
3. What characterizes an Epochal Unit?
4. What is a ‘Generative Theme’?
5. What does 'exclusive education' mean?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)