|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Philosophy?
(a) The study of art.
(b) The study of history.
(c) The study of music.
(d) The study of knowledge.
2. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Erich Fromm.
(b) Paulo Friere.
(d) Karl Marx.
3. What is Marxism?
(a) A type of education system.
(b) Another word for Russian.
(c) The idea that the power must be in the hands of an egalitarian society.
(d) A company.
4. What is the teacher’s role in the problem-solving education?
(a) A facilitator of a dialogue.
(b) They do not have a role.
(c) A judge.
(d) The decider of right from wrong.
5. What, according to Friere, must the Oppressed have the courage to do?
(a) To attack the ruling class.
(b) To overthrow the system of oppression.
(c) To challenge one another.
(d) To go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mr. Giddy?
2. What is meant by the term ‘poverty of opportunity’?
3. Who does Friere explain is dehumanized through the Oppression and Oppressed relationship?
4. What does Friere mean by ‘Conscientization’?
5. What is the traditional power structure between teacher and students?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)