|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Eric Fromm?
(a) An actor.
(b) A sculptor.
(c) A social philosopher and social critic.
(d) An artist.
2. What is the goal of critical consciousness?
(a) To be the perfect worker at your job.
(b) To become fully humanized.
(c) To become the best in society.
(d) To lead a revolution.
3. What is a radical in this context?
(a) A person whose views and actions are starkly different to those around them.
(b) A type of person who agrees with everyone around them.
(c) A type of politician.
(d) A type of chemical.
4. What does Friere think the true goal of education is?
(a) To enhance one's career choices.
(b) To make good grade statistics.
(c) To give the school a good name.
(d) To empower students.
5. Why does Friere think that a specific form of education is a contradiction?
(a) It supports the economy.
(b) It supports the military.
(c) It doesn't teach, it just imparts.
(d) It doesn't teach, it only punishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is the 'ruling elite'?
2. How are philosophy and critical consciousness linked?
3. What form of education does Friere determine is a contradiction?
4. What occurs when the culture of oppression becomes internalized?
5. When was this book written?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)