|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Friere explain is dehumanized through the Oppression and Oppressed relationship?
(b) The Oppressed.
(c) The Oppressors.
(d) Both parties.
2. What does Friere's problem-solving system promote?
(a) Knowledge of right from wrong.
(b) Correct thinking.
(c) Free thought.
(d) Discorded thinking.
3. Why do we need to become humanized, according to Friere?
(a) Because humanization will make us fitter.
(b) Because humanization will make us more friends.
(c) Because humanization will make us richer.
(d) Because humanization is a symptom of healthy psychological development.
4. What point of view is this book written from?
(a) Third person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
5. What did the philosopher Plato conceive of education as?
(a) Of a form of propaganda.
(b) Of telling the student what to think and what not to think.
(c) The instilling of a moral code into a student.
(d) The drawing out of ideas already submerged within the student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will become freed when the Oppressed rise up?
2. What is phenomenology?
3. What does Paolo Friere mean by critical thinking?
4. How are the oppressed classes usually stereotyped by their oppressors?
5. What is the teacher’s role in the problem-solving education?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)